IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

Wow. Another episode with 15 mins new footage, 15 mins of repeated new footage and 30 mins of flashbacks. Ughhh. Just to stretch it into an hour. I wonder if all the good stuff ends up on the cutting room floor?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counting on - This episode is really just a singles ad for the remaining duggar men! Part 2

Jinger stresses that she's going to miss her connection.  She's upset that he will make it to Dallas several hours before them. 

Jeremy lands and they text to see if there is any way to work it out. He wants to get them all on the same flight, which is oversold.  

Awkward segue...

Jeremy - when asking a girl to court keep it simple

Bin - I thought she liked me... 

flashback to Jessa going into the closet with boob et al to get invited to court by bin.

Jessa - when asking to court it doesnt have to be formal. Its not likeyoure getting engaged.

Shot on Jeremy asking Jinger to go outside to "talk." He asks her to court. The J'kids watch from the window... blah blah the lord will give me a woman with a heart for service and the gospel and I've seen that in you... blah blah... sidehug

Jeremy - when I asked her TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND... now we're officially in a relationship

Flashback to Jill and Derick

I forgot about the stupid flower bow in JIll's hair... 

"If its alright with you I'm interested in starting an official courthsip/"  "yeah, that would be awesome, totally."

sidehug

Derick - its important to be upfront about your intentions

Jed/Jer - I wouldnt be too formal, it would be like on the fly.

Flashback to Bin helping the boys with a tree

Bin - Its really important to get to know her family, especially if she has 10 brothers.

Flashback of them putting a tree in a dumpster

Josiah - its intimiating

Bin - getting to know the family was an important part

Flashback to Bin talking about how fixing windsheilds may not cut it.  "Ill do whatever it takes."

Singles as for Joe

Joe - I'm joe, i;m 21 and I'm the 7th.

Flashback to them putting can lights in Jessa's house

Bin - joe is one of the first I met. We're getting closer and do a lot of projects.  I have a ton of respect and he has great qualities

Jana - he's good on projects

Flashback to Joe at alert

Jinger - we've always been super close.  I wrote him letters at alert

Jie - at alert they have search and rescue training.  I did more of a basic training and bootcamp.  They're training men to serve in serach and rescue and skill sets.

JD - it was an amazing transformation. He started as a boy and was a man 9 weeks later

Joe - its not lollygagging around. When it comes to a courtship you have to... you have to prioritize and help people who are struggling.

Jessa - you can always call him up and ask for help

JIll - hes sweet and caring

Joe - I'd look for a mate that loves god. I dont know where the lord is leading me but well see

J'kids debate on  blonde/brunette shy/outgoing city/country quiet/talkative tall/short style/humor etc. for joe

Joe doesnt know but he doesnt have style so she should have that.

OMG WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THIS EPISODE?

17 minutes ago, Swamptribe said:

My god this episode must be boring.  Nobody is posting/

you can't post when you are entering data into a dating site for the Duggar Boys 

:D

Clearly, this is an infomercial for the remaining eligible Duggar bachelors.

TBH I prefer the 70's game show version over this mess.

Hello #7. Meet Joe. He's got a lot of great qualities. He has been to fundie cult boot camp where he learned lots of different skill sets and became a man. He's sweet. And caring. He wants a lover who loves Jesus and who can take care of him. Any takers?! 

Wow. They're gonna do Josiah next? Damn, did Joshley screw up their marriagability or what? I mean, I know Marjorie and Josiah quietly calling it quits right after Joshgate 1 was pretty suspicious but...

:Zap: Come one! Come all! Girls! Come see our selection of Duggar boys! Ready for courtship, ready to marry. Just fill out the required form. Do you "have a heart for Jesus"? Are you country? City? Blonde? Brunette? No redheads need apply. Are you ready to serve your headship and most importantly......are you ready, willing and able to have as many children as "God will give you". Be prepared to undergo an interrogation by the creepiest father of the groom intended courtee. Hurry, hurry, hurry before all the good ones are gone!  :Bazinga:

My roomie is sitting next to me while I watch this (later we will stream the VP debate). Then she uttered this:

*Jinger full frontally hugs Jeremy*

"Watch her be allergic to his sperm..."

is it wrong that I changed the channel to watch the debates when I am Canadian 

this show needs to be cancelled 

give me airport rage instead 

Counting on – And next up for auction, JOSIAH! Part 3

Jessa tells us that they’re flying to dallas

Jinger – I walked off the plane, and from a distance, I saw my man

Jessa – Its really sweet to see them so in love

Joy – over the past few months jinger has been in love

Jeremy tells them that all the flights are full. 

Derick – set your boundaires and stick to them, even if you have chaperones

Bin – focus on getting to know eachoter as a person and save intimacy for after the wedding day

Jessa – our parents started the side hug thing.

Flashbacks of Michelle in between jessa and bin

Jeremy – I appreciate chaperones for having accountability.  Its fun when you have chaperones like her siblings

Flashback to LAST WEEK at the water park

Bin – when we first started texting they were a part of the group text. It helped them to get to know me and theyd hop in

Derick – we printed out our standard and geve them to our chaperone.  No point if they don’t know our standards

Flashback to a picnic with james

We didn’t want to be alone, wanted to save our first kiss

Jill – we were greatful when we didn’t have to do that alone.

Flashback to j’derick and jill out with jana and joy.

Josiah – youre just kind of sitting there and they aren’t talking to you.  It can be a long several hours.

Jessa – we’re jumans and its not easy to have strict guidelines but it was what we needed.  Save special moments for milestones

J’boys talk about what their standards would be.  They don’t know…

Josiah – if I was in a courtship I’d want to have chaperones.  I want to respect her.

Josiah – I’m 20 and I’m 8.  I’m the meat, the good stuff. I’m the jokester of the family.  I do strange animal noises (chirps well).

Jessa – he is the life of the party. He’s fun to be around

Flashvack to a dog shitting in the trailer. Josiah picks it up

Bin – he is a hard worker, diligent.  He always seems to be cracking a joke.

Flashback to Josiah pretending to drop a baby in front of a foreign film crew.

The j’kids think its really funny.

Jinger – he always thinks outside the box and surprises up.

Flashback to josiah’s homeskool graduation.  He invited everyone and they had a huge party.

Jill – he loves being around people. 

Flashback to jessa calling him “availbale”

Josiah – I’m young put have a lot to learn

The j’kids are asked the same stupid question about what type of girl Josiah wants.   He needs someone organized, quieter than him.  She has to accept his humor.

Next up, jed and jer!

I thought they were showing the engagement this episode......wtf. There is enough interesting stuff going on that they shouldn't have to drag this out. They could have already announced Jessa's pregnancy and had  episodes on Anna and how she is adjusting to Josh being home with 4 kids. That and I want her to have some sort of income in the very rare event that she wants to leave. 

I was so certain that we were going to get the engagement episode this week. That was what they showed last week. False Advertisement! LOL We did not need all this filler crap.

Counting on - Why are they even pretending this isnt a singles ad?  Part 4

I'm now reminded of the "lydia of purple" site of old with the ad for her girls... especially the one that was "always ready."

Jeremy - if youre in a long distance relationship keep your phone cahrged.

Flashbacks to all the married girls face timing

Bin - when we started we were long distance. I couldnt just drive over.  We talked over the phone and we'd have an hour a day

Jeremy - its been healthy for us. Its caused us to intereact on deep levels.

Joy - inger in on the phone a lot

flashback to jinger on the camping trip with her phone

jana - she used to never know where her phone was and now she always has it

Josiah - some of the challenge of a long distance courtship is not meeting families. It teaches you patience.

Flashback to jill facetiming with derick.

Jeremy - take advantage of this unique time to get to know eachotehr heart to heart.

jessa - with a long distance relationship you miss that in person contact but it can be a good thing because youre communicating and thats what courtship is about.

jed/jer - gotta get to know the family 

ged - i'm 17

jer - im 11 in the lineup and I'm 17.  We're 5 minutes apart.

They're really close.

Joy ive seen jed and jer mature a lot

flashback to their graduation from homeskool

derick - theyr'e really mature, more mature than I was at 17.

flashback to them getting their diplomas

Joy - they have a work mindset and run businesses.

flashback to them at the yard sale.

josiah - jed has a business mind like dad.

flashback to jed selling knives at the yard sale

jed - i learned skills from my dad and it may help me get a girl.  You have to make yourself look good

Bin - they're 17 and thats when I started my courtship.

joy - they have matured a lot and i'm sure they could do it if god broughtthem along.

Jed - I'm just enjoying life

jer - i'm not interested in anyone right now, just focusing on god and the business.

J'kids answer questions about what type of girl jed/jer would like.

Jill says "theyre so young!"

Flashback to thorn chapel

Bin - know when its time to take the next step, engagement!

flashback to bin asking jessa to marry him.  FRONT HUG! They hold hands and walk out of the chapel.  

Derick - there are a lot of variables in courthip

Flashback to derick's awkward song in the square.

derick - our courtship was long distance and we wanted time to get to know eachother. we waited a month of time physically before I asked her to marry me.

JIll will "yes, totally" marry him.

Jessa explains how fast the courtship was.  Maybe jinger will be faster.

JInger and jeremy make it to philadelphia.  They get in an suv.  The goal is to meet relatives.

the secret goal is the proposal.

Just after midnight they're at his house.  He shows the ring to his parents.   Mom says its delicate and beautiful.

jeremy - they enjoy jinger.

OMG that is officially the worst episode ever.  It was filler made up of filler.  I just cant... 

4 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Can someone please make a gif of Joseph Duggar licking his teeth now? image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Omg... I'm gonna lose that container of yogurt I just ate that I hoped would settle my stomach. #Gross

God, this questioning thing is so desperate. it's like, "PLEASE MARRY US. WE'RE AWESOME AND GODLY AND WE HAVE SKILLS."

I am impressed with Josiah's birdcalls (I love weird skills. My boyfriend juggles). And his sense of humor. I'd court him, if he wasn't associated with the Duggarborg and steeped in kool-aid. He seems like one of the brighter ones (though that isn't exactly difficult).

Is it weird that minors are being advertised for marriage? Like, Jed and Jer seventeen. And that's certainly what it feels like. Is that weird? It's a little weird. And their siblings are weirded out by the questions as well- "In my head they're still little boys!"

And now, looking back, Jessa doesn't look particularly thrilled during her engagement. Maybe that's just me speculating. But Jill is laughing and grinning and vocal during her engagement. I dunno.

These Duggar relationships are just dull by now, they're not new. Does JimBoob think they'll still have a show when Josie weds? Unlikely.

I'm pretty sure it would have been more interesting to watch michelle interact with the random people in the airport for an hour during the delay.

Also, why were they flying to dallas to go to philly? Um.... how about you fly in the correct direction?  A re route to atlanta or chicago would have made more sense!

Jeremy: If you're in a long distance relationship, keep your phone charged.

No shit, Sherlock. 

I'm wondering if this was a "throw away" episode because of the debate.  They didnt expect real ratings, so dont burn the engagement episode.  It seems cobbled together just to fill space.

This episode was insanely boring. I did a mandatory training class on my tablet while it was on and don't feel that I missed anything.  I love how they all completely pretend that Josh doesn't exist. In the previous courting flashbacks we got to hear him yammer on about his thwarted proposal over ribs. Now he just doesn't exist. I wouldn't want him in this episode and wish this one would completely disappear but I would watch updates on what it's like to have him back. 

46 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

:Zap: Come one! Come all! Girls! Come see our selection of Duggar boys! Ready for courtship, ready to marry. Just fill out the required form. Do you "have a heart for Jesus"? Are you country? City? Blonde? Brunette? No redheads need apply. Are you ready to serve your headship and most importantly......are you ready, willing and able to have as many children as "God will give you". Be prepared to undergo an interrogation by the creepiest father of the groom intended courtee. Hurry, hurry, hurry before all the good ones are gone!  :Bazinga:

Thank Goodness that as a redhead I am excluded!

4 minutes ago, JMO said:

This episode was insanely boring. I did a mandatory training class on my tablet while it was on and don't feel that I missed anything.  I love how they all completely pretend that Josh doesn't exist. In the previous courting flashbacks we got to hear him yammer on about his thwarted proposal over ribs. Now he just doesn't exist. I wouldn't want him in this episode and wish this one would completely disappear but I would watch updates on what it's like to have him back. 

Not to mention, we were spared flashbacks of hand sex

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived