IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2016 at 11:15 PM, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I took it as Jana would be the perfect color because she is seemingly "perfect" at everything? or just wants to be perfect in everything. I dunno, maybe I'm giving too much credit to Joseph. 

Hmmmm I wonder who is the smartest Duggar..........

Well,it's not Jinger! She is almost brain-dead since falling in love with Jeremy. I could not believe her interactions with Benessa about her hair, her curling iron, etc etc etc while she was making them all late to leave for the airport. She is just completely out to lunch. They say you lose 10% of your brain with each pregnancy... maybe each boyfriend causes us some brain damage too?

1 hour ago, Rio said:

Well,it's not Jinger! She is almost brain-dead since falling in love with Jeremy. I could not believe her interactions with Benessa about her hair, her curling iron, etc etc etc while she was making them all late to leave for the airport. She is just completely out to lunch. They say you lose 10% of your brain with each pregnancy... maybe each boyfriend causes us some brain damage too?

That puts J'chelle in negative percentages...explains a lot.

Does anyone recall if Jana's "lost interest" in sports coincided with the broomball center imposing a fee to play? I can imagine Boob giving some lame excuse as to why they all stopped going. Dude ain't fixing to pay for what he used to get for free.  

JB totally said they stopped going to broom ball bc of the fee. Pissed me off cuz it seemed like a fun time to be social for the kids. He's such a freaking douche I can't. 

9 hours ago, Rio said:

The hair thing had me yelling at my laptop screen. YOU ARE GOING ON A PLANE. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOUR HAIR LOOKS LIKE. IN FACT, IT LOOKS PERFECTLY FINE. GET THE FUCK IN THE CAR. Normally I like Jinger, but that was utterly ridiculous. She herself even acknowledges that Jeremy couldn't give a rat's ass what her hair looks like -- either the producers want to continue dumbing her down and making her look and act like a 12-year-old who just met Harry Styles, or she's so selfish and vain that she would miss a presumably expensive airplane flight because a hair was out of place.

31 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The hair thing had me yelling at my laptop screen. YOU ARE GOING ON A PLANE. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOUR HAIR LOOKS LIKE. IN FACT, IT LOOKS PERFECTLY FINE. GET THE FUCK IN THE CAR. Normally I like Jinger, but that was utterly ridiculous. She herself even acknowledges that Jeremy couldn't give a rat's ass what her hair looks like -- either the producers want to continue dumbing her down and making her look and act like a 12-year-old who just met Harry Styles, or she's so selfish and vain that she would miss a presumably expensive airplane flight because a hair was out of place.

She was probably thinking "Oh, they can just go and I'll get JD to fly me down once I'm done." I suspect flights are not so much a stressful "must get there early!" thing when your family owns two planes and has it's own in-house pilot.

I think if the show was off the air it wouldn't take too terribly long for the girls, Jessa and Jinger at least, to start their own regular full-on Youtube channel posting their own content. They could probably get enough leghumper followers to generate some income that way, and since they wouldn't have to hold back on things to not spoil the TV episodes it'd be current and probably slightly more interesting. I feel like Jana could probably actually have a fairly interesting channel with all the projects she seems to enjoy doing.

I read the recaps rather than watch the show, to be honest, but I wouldn't mind if it was canceled. I'd kind of like to see it happen, actually, because I think that might be the catalyst that gets someone out. Having to support themselves would make them less beholden to JB, and make some of them realize "hey, what could he really do to me if I listened to secular music and watched a TV show now and then in my own home..." hopefully followed eventually by "well actually maybe he was wrong about a few things..." especially since it seems the girls' husbands seem a little less strict about a few things. I doubt Ben, Derrick or Jeremy would care if their wife wanted to wear jeans or not have a zillion kids, and would probably encourage a job if they wanted to do it.

Jinger's going to end up working anyway. She'll be a preacher's wife.

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

<snip>

I read the recaps rather than watch the show, to be honest, but I wouldn't mind if it was canceled. I'd kind of like to see it happen, actually, because I think that might be the catalyst that gets someone out. Having to support themselves would make them less beholden to JB, and make some of them realize "hey, what could he really do to me if I listened to secular music and watched a TV show now and then in my own home..." hopefully followed eventually by "well actually maybe he was wrong about a few things..." especially since it seems the girls' husbands seem a little less strict about a few things. <snip>

I too want the show to end. Very much so.

But that's because I think it's all a pack of lies--a mass of deception cloaked in nicey-nice trappings of romantic courtships, happy babies, devoted parents, and loving siblings. The Duggar media circus is dangerous because it encourages people to buy in to oppressive ideas.

This show is basically a propaganda machine for sexist, heterosexist, and homophobic ideas about sex, gender, and sexuality.

On 9/30/2016 at 0:53 AM, feministxtian said:

Ok...this is purely speculation...

Boob and J'Boob "gave" Josh and Anna the little house because they knew Josh was not exactly "trustworthy" and by being in control of where they lived, Boob could attempt to keep Josh on the straight and narrow. Boob again has Josh and Anna under his thumb to try to keep Josh from fucking up again (and to keep Anna from divorcing the Blob's sorry ass). 

Boob moved Bin onto the compound because he knows Jessa is headstrong and what Jessa wants, Jessa gets. Moving Bin onto the compound would make it difficult for Jessa to end the courtship.

Boob "gave" the Dullards the big, fancy house again in an attempt to keep control. DerJill "followed his heart" and took off to Sintral Amerika. 

Now...with JinJer, Boob is finding out he has NO control. Jeremy doesn't seem to be open to the idea of moving to NWA to "plant" a church and Jinger  wants to get the hell off the reservation and Jeremy provides the opportunity. 

It seems that Jana and JD have essentially removed themselves from "the family"...JD has his thing going with the plane, the equipment and maybe the towing business. Jana seems to have made a life for herself outside the dog and pony show and is laying low. 

I foresee some sort of explosion coming...Boob can't continue to control that many adult spawn. 

Small observation: the towing business ceased operation a few years ago. It went the way of the dodo after Josh moved to DC. 

I'm watching my first Counting On episode (the one where Jeremy goes to Arkansas) and OMG I love how Jeremy can actually carry a conversation. Tbh, even though Jinger is acting like a 12 year old, they are currently my favorite courtship couple. 

Also, I'm really interested to see how Jim Bob acts and treats the men when Johanna, Jordyn, Jenni, and Josie start courting

So serious question 

TLC posted a video of Ben designing a picture for the Life Champs t shirts and swag bags.   Can he just attach a picture of a cross and a football and use their name on an already established camp. 

Wouldn't it be like someone adding a photo of a cross on to an already established brand of perhaps a Vancouver Canucks jersey? 

Can he do this?  and act like he can. 

27 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Also, I'm really interested to see how Jim Bob acts and treats the men when Johanna, Jordyn, Jenni, and Josie start courting

Boob will be over 60 by the time the younger girls start courting. For some reason, I don't see the same amount of control exerted in the future. 

I just noticed something about the official family website on the googles...DuggarWarning.png

Of course I'd rather make my computer visit Free Republic than visit the Duggar site so I didn't actually go to the site.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I just noticed something about the official family website on the googles...DuggarWarning.png

&amp;amp;lt;img class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" data-fileid="19000" src="http://www.freejinger.org/uploads/monthly_2016_10/DuggarWarning.png.7618ab3c7aa98d133f0855807b0f6abd.png" alt="DuggarWarning.png" /&amp;amp;gt;

Of course I'd rather make my computer visit Free Republic than visit the Duggar site so I didn't actually go to the site.

I'm checking it out now. I forgot about this old page. HA! Lemme go read with hindsight...

The descriptions for the next 3 episodes:

Season 2, Episode 9
October 18, 2016
Episode 8
Jinger and Jeremy go to New York to celebrate their engagement. Meanwhile, Jill and Derick finish their mission in Central America and are met with a surprise party in Arkansas, where Jessa and Ben have some big news to share.

Season 2, Episode 8
October 11, 2016
Proposal in the City
A trip to the Northeast gives Jinger, Michelle, Jessa and Ben a chance to meet Jeremy's family and friends in his old neighborhood, but Jeremy also has a surprise in store for his sweetheart, Jinger.

Season 2, Episode 7
October 4, 2016
Guys' Guide to Courting
Jinger meets Jeremy's friends and family with chaperones in tow, but Jeremy's big surprise could be in jeopardy due to flight delays. Also: a look at past Duggar courtships; advice for successful relationships.

WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER LOOK AT PAST DUGGAR COURTSHIPS? FILM SOME NEW MATERIAL ALREADY!

4 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER LOOK AT PAST DUGGAR COURTSHIPS? FILM SOME NEW MATERIAL ALREADY!

They'll film some new material just in time for season 3. :my_confused:

They're very savvy, I'll give them that. They're good at dangling the carrot.

4 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

They'll film some new material just in time for season 3. :my_confused:

They're very savvy, I'll give them that. They're good at dangling the carrot.

especially when some stop posting until the end

32 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Season 2, Episode 9
October 18, 2016
Episode 8
Jinger and Jeremy go to New York to celebrate their engagement. Meanwhile, Jill and Derick finish their mission in Central America and are met with a surprise party in Arkansas, where Jessa and Ben have some big news to share.

Season 2, Episode 8
October 11, 2016
Proposal in the City
A trip to the Northeast gives Jinger, Michelle, Jessa and Ben a chance to meet Jeremy's family and friends in his old neighborhood, but Jeremy also has a surprise in store for his sweetheart, Jinger.

Season 2, Episode 7
October 4, 2016
Guys' Guide to Courting
Jinger meets Jeremy's friends and family with chaperones in tow, but Jeremy's big surprise could be in jeopardy due to flight delays. Also: a look at past Duggar courtships; advice for successful relationships.

I have a feeling we already know all of the above. The 'big news' the 'surprise' and so on. And how dare they even write 

"Also: a look at past Duggar courtships; advice for successful relationships."

Already forgotten what y'all 'walked through' recently? How about some humility?

Yeah, what happened to the "WE NEVER SAID WE WERE PERFECT" song and dance from last summer? JB and Michelle were apparently just at a marriage retreat this weekend speaking on how to "affair-proof your marriage" smh. What kind of hubris...

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

I have a feeling we already know all of the above. The 'big news' the 'surprise' and so on. And how dare they even write 

"Also: a look at past Duggar courtships; advice for successful relationships."

Already forgotten what y'all 'walked through' recently? How about some humility?

they don't do humility 

they think they are above it.  Clearly 

Ben thinks he is above everyone - Jessa I can't even. 

Something is up with Ben and Jessa 

Jill it seems is loving her new life 

54 minutes ago, nst said:

they don't do humility 

they think they are above it.  Clearly 

Ben thinks he is above everyone - Jessa I can't even. 

Something is up with Ben and Jessa 

Jill it seems is loving her new life 

I was just thinking that about Jill this morning, but wasn't sure if I was just imagining the newfound happy vibe I was getting from her 'grams!! Maybe it's just confirmation bias (or a more reliable access to wifi in Arkansas) but I sure am getting the impression she's much happier at home. 

17 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I was just thinking that about Jill this morning, but wasn't sure if I was just imagining the newfound happy vibe I was getting from her 'grams!! Maybe it's just confirmation bias (or a more reliable access to wifi in Arkansas) but I sure am getting the impression she's much happier at home. 

her instagram is all about the happy.  She is posting endlessly.  It's like she is trying to tell a story.  She is not afraid to share. 

Unlike her sister who is hiding something imo 

4 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Season 2, Episode 9
October 18, 2016
Episode 8

Season 2, Episode 8
October 11, 2016
Proposal in the City

Season 2, Episode 7
October 4, 2016
Guys' Guide to Courting

Haha!! Oh yes TLC tell us how Josh and Anna are comsidered a SUCCESSFUL relationship. At this point the relationship between Spongebob and Patrick is more a model for success. They even raised a baby clam together!

1 hour ago, nst said:

her instagram is all about the happy.  She is posting endlessly.  It's like she is trying to tell a story.  She is not afraid to share. 

Unlike her sister who is hiding something imo 

I think the sister is hiding the fact that she is MISERABLE with her man child husband and is trapped in a marriage with a large child an infant and another one on the way, no education, no job skills and a failing TV show as her only source of income. Hell who knows maybe Jessa is the one who will run and sell her family out for the $$. She's just selfish enough to do it. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived