IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I only wanna be with you!

samurai_sarah

Just seems to me that they would want to save something for the next season...unless they know that there isn't going to be another season, so they'll wrap it up with Jinger's wedding?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jill, Jinger, Jessa and Joy (at minimum) were shot in a van on Saturday. They ended up at some Arkansas football fellowship party at the school. 

Oh no, I don't love the show but I didn't want them to get shot... :)

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I still don't believe what I see when it comes to those two. I don't know what it is...

But maybe that's just the cultural difference between fundie and non-fundie, USA and Europe. But whenever (ha!) I see those two in an episode it just seems inauthentic. And now you can maul me for having said that.

I reckon it's because a lot of it is inauthentic... Even if there are real feelings and even if something happened for real it becomes somewhat inauthentic when they drag the camera crew in and have to re-enact their engagement bliss or whatever.  Jeremy is still new at this and must be feeling it's a bit odd.

I think it seems inauthentic to you because I think most of us don't believe for one second that Jeremy just happened to meet the Duggar Clan.   I think he met them by design.  I think his motives were to increase his own profile.  Perhaps not to marry a daughter, but to have their support for his little church and use it to draw in more potential cultist/converts.  I also think it is possible that as a relatively good looking single guy,  that he was advised to marry up quickly to avoid rumors.  As a pastor he has to be around kids, or counsel young people, and a single guy would possibly just look suspicious to some.  So he was told to get thee a wife.   

And, as he has said earlier, he wanted someone who was meek, and Voila...... Enter Jinger.  TIny, thin Jinger, who would burst into flames before she would ever stand up for herself.  She is pretty enough,  godly enough, and has that 'servant's heart' and she clearly desperately wanted to be in love, so she will stare up into his eyes,  worship him, hang on his every word.  Pretty intoxicating stuff for a man who wants to lead a flock into righteousness.   

Jeremy, is an opportunist.  No one joins this family willingly without an agenda.  Now,  this doesn't mean that he isn't a nice enough guy, or that he doesn't care for Jinger, but make no mistake,  he is there first and foremost because he saw opportunity for himself.  Jinger is the icing on the cake.  Had he met Jana first, he may have set her eyes on her, but I think Jessa pushed it with Jinger because she wanted her favorite sister to be in a relationship.  Now they can double date, and connect about marriage and kids. 

I wonder if Jana were to court if she will be able to get out of doing her work like Jill, Jessa and Jinger have done?  Somehow I think the standard for Jana will be different.

35 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I think it seems inauthentic to you because I think most of us don't believe for one second that Jeremy just happened to meet the Duggar Clan.   I think he met them by design.  I think his motives were to increase his own profile.  Perhaps not to marry a daughter, but to have their support for his little church and use it to draw in more potential cultist/converts.  I also think it is possible that as a relatively good looking single guy,  that he was advised to marry up quickly to avoid rumors.  As a pastor he has to be around kids, or counsel young people, and a single guy would possibly just look suspicious to some.  So he was told to get thee a wife.   

And, as he has said earlier, he wanted someone who was meek, and Voila...... Enter Jinger.  TIny, thin Jinger, who would burst into flames before she would ever stand up for herself.  She is pretty enough,  godly enough, and has that 'servant's heart' and she clearly desperately wanted to be in love, so she will stare up into his eyes,  worship him, hang on his every word.  Pretty intoxicating stuff for a man who wants to lead a flock into righteousness.   

Jeremy, is an opportunist.  No one joins this family willingly without an agenda.  Now,  this doesn't mean that he isn't a nice enough guy, or that he doesn't care for Jinger, but make no mistake,  he is there first and foremost because he saw opportunity for himself.  Jinger is the icing on the cake.  Had he met Jana first, he may have set her eyes on her, but I think Jessa pushed it with Jinger because she wanted her favorite sister to be in a relationship.  Now they can double date, and connect about marriage and kids. 

I wonder if Jana were to court if she will be able to get out of doing her work like Jill, Jessa and Jinger have done?  Somehow I think the standard for Jana will be different.

I've been listening to Hamilton all the damn time now, and I am totally buying into the tin-hat theory that Jessa wanted Jeremy, but was already locked in with Ben, so she pushed Jinger onto Jeremy, and now she's jealous, but at least can take comfort in being just a little closer to him than she was initially, even if she can never have him. 

Can someone give me 5 tangible examples of the Duggars, especially the kids, having servants' hearts for anyone outside of their own family?  Wanting to convert others to your "belief" system is not indicative of having a servant's heart.

What have they have done for or given freely to others without making 2 bucks for themselves?

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Can someone give me 5 tangible examples of the Duggars, especially the kids, having servants' hearts for anyone outside of their own family?  Wanting to convert others to your "belief" system is not indicative of having a servant's heart.

What have they have done for or given freely to others without making 2 bucks for themselves?

Come on, Sassy. You are so blind where they are concerned!  Why, on last week's show did they not babysit those kids while their parents went to get groceries??  Did they not cook them dinner?

Also, what about the huge bear at the unwed mother's home?  

Ok, granted, that's all I've got right now. Wait!  They organized a shower for someone!!!  Ha. That's three examples right there!

4 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Come on, Sassy. You are so blind where they are concerned!  Why, on last week's show did they not babysit those kids while their parents went to get groceries??  Did they not cook them dinner?

Also, what about the huge bear at the unwed mother's home?  

Ok, granted, that's all I've got right now. Wait!  They organized a shower for someone!!!  Ha. That's three examples right there!

Bwahhhh...it was a trick question. If we saw it, they got paid for it, thus negating the giving freely of their time, talent or treasure!

They had a yard sale for e hospital (with the cameras). They picked up trash at a fish fry (with the cameras). As long as the cameras are there, and TLC helps, they have a servatse heart.

You guys are so picky.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Bwahhhh...it was a trick question. If we saw it, they got paid for it, thus negating the giving freely of their time, talent or treasure!

Ok, so it has to be something we didn't see in order to qualify. Hmm. Ok. Um...give me a second. Um..

Just thinking here for a minute. Umm...

Um....huh!

54 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

1. Allowing a heathen named Sierra carte blanche in the house

2. allowing anna to live with her kids in the third rent free after the josh scandal

3. Ben cleaning toilets 

4. Jessa and the tacos for life lady 

5. Jessa promoting her sister in law

am I right :)

22 minutes ago, nst said:

4. Jessa and the tacos for life lady 

Somehow I'm guessing this is not some wonderful giveaway of free tacos for life. That would be an amazing conversion tactic! :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

It seems like their idea of having a servant's heart is doing run-of-the-mill tasks that other people do without thinking twice. But because they slap the "religiously motivated" label on their actions, suddenly even the most dull, everyday activities become these wonderful self-promotional acts of devotion and living their faith. If the TLC shows have proved anything, these acts serve the joint purpose of making them seem holier than thou and bringing them closer to the Almighty Dollar. 

While perusing Lilly and Ellie's Blog (forgive me), I noticed that Jinjer are photographed together in the header. Does this typically happen before a Duggar couple is married???

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

While perusing Lilly and Ellie's Blog (forgive me), I noticed that Jinjer are photographed together in the header. Does this typically happen before a Duggar couple is married???

Yeah usuallly it is, but maybe they where out of space in the header or was thinking Like they are engage so is Like they are already married?  I don't know, just thinking... 

13 hours ago, evolutionbaby said:

Just seems to me that they would want to save something for the next season...unless they know that there isn't going to be another season, so they'll wrap it up with Jinger's wedding?

It's the Duggars. There'll be plenty left for another season, if there is one. Jessa's pregnant, Jill probably will be soon, Jinger will be within a few months of the wedding most likely, and if they all are at once they'll play that up a ton, I'd bet. On top of that, there are a ton of other kids... someone will "graduate", someone will court, maybe there'll be another wedding next year. At the very least they'll all have to have dentist appointments and birthdays and minor injuries and made-up-for-the-cameras DIY projects and plenty of other boring-yet-filmable events. 

If we're lucky maybe someone will run away and/or come out and have a very special tell-all episode that the show will have to react to.

Soo.. I didn't really want to bring this up because it shows my true stalker colors. But there is a lot of evidence on instagram that there was a fundie wedding this morning. 

Derick's moms page,

Jana's friend Laura

And duggar friend Kristen were all in attendance

Just throwing that out there >-> 

20 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

Soo.. I didn't really want to bring this up because it shows my true stalker colors. But there is a lot of evidence on instagram that there was a fundie wedding this morning. 

Derick's moms page,

Jana's friend Laura

Haha I was seeing the same activity on Instagram, I was coming up with the same conclusions. But this morning? I was guessing that it would have been tomorrow. 

I have not seen the shows.  The impression I get from this thread is that JB does not like Jeremy.  Am I getting that right?

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I've been listening to Hamilton all the damn time now, and I am totally buying into the tin-hat theory that Jessa wanted Jeremy, but was already locked in with Ben, so she pushed Jinger onto Jeremy, and now she's jealous, but at least can take comfort in being just a little closer to him than she was initially, even if she can never have him. 

Except that instead of Jessa moving to England, Jinger is moving to TX? I would be scared for the wedding toast, especially if Ben has taught her how to "rap" :56247953c05d2_32(6): 

P.S. I like how your mind works 

Just now, Percy said:

I have not seen the shows.  The impression I get from this thread is that JB does not like Jeremy.  Am I getting that right?

I'm not sure we can say that unequivocally.  What we can say, however, is that JB had his dickiness out in full force. He and the other three parents sat awkwardly around, grimacing smiling as they watched Jeremy drape his arm around his beloved while she gazed at The Love of Her Life with adoration.  JB did what JB likes to do, which is, of course, put the guy on the spot and make himself look like such an asshole. TLC edited the episode in such a way as to render the three other parents mute. Although you could hear Michelle making sweet sounds of something here and there, in the background. Jeremy's parents?  They just appeared stunned by the whole thing. The parental couples held hands everywhere they went though. Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, Jessalyn said:

Derick's moms page,

Jana's friend Laura

Amy posted a picture from a dinner cruise tonight. With her mom. I highly doubt Jinger got married without Amy and Deanna being there.

Plus, it's a Friday. Many couples - including the three married Duggar kids -prefer Saturday weddings because it makes things a lot easier (for instance, not needing to take time off work most of the time.) Friday's can save money, so it is possible. But I don't think it's likely.

My favorite part of the meal scene was that JB and M were seated as far away from one another as geographically possible. 

My daughter married a man from a foreign country...in his country. When we met his parents for the first time, and neither parental couple spoke the same language, the meal was far LESS awkward than that meal. JB is Dysfunctional, with a capital D.

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My favorite part of the meal scene was that JB and M were seated as far away from one another as geographically possible. 

My daughter married a man from a foreign country...in his country. When we met his parents for the first time, and neither parental couple spoke the same language, the meal was far LESS awkward than that meal. JB is Dysfunctional, with a capital D.

In a way, having JB and M seated far apart meant that the meal was less awkward than it could have been as they might have :output_eeMbjt:.

On 9/14/2016 at 8:44 AM, Gillyweed said:

If jinger works at a clothing store she could even get an employee discount

What kind of "thrift" store does Jinger break the bank at, because I've been to Goodwill and stuff is like a buck a shirt.  Also IMO if you can't afford your shopping habit, the solution is cut back on shopping not force your husband to get a second job. 

On 9/14/2016 at 5:31 PM, JesSky03 said:

FFS. I'm trying to imagine having this conversation with my own spouse. "Oh hey Honey- I love to shop soooo much and it gets kind of expensive so I think you should pick up another job to support my habit. Don't worry, when I'm not shopping I'll just be sitting on my ass at home thinking of you working so hard."

Right??? I'm currently an unemployed stay at home mom and my solution to "I can't afford new clothes constantly" is to not shop. And to wait for Christmas or birthday gift money, then shop. It sucks, but my husband would laugh in my face and think I'd lost my mind if I asked him to get another job (though when he could even work a second job is beyond me, unless he gives up sleeping).

27 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I am curious. When Jeremy comes to visit Jinger, does he sleep in the boys room?

He probably has to sleep in BenBoob's old crash pad with no windows. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived