IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 19

samurai_sarah

A Derick lookalike (no man bun, though) is tending bar at this fancy Italian restaurant in Delaware I'm at. Serving alcohol! The horror! 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

A Derick lookalike (no man bun, though) is tending bar at this fancy Italian restaurant in Delaware I'm at. Serving alcohol! The horror! 

I would go order a drink. Yes, I would!!!

I've never directly addressed the Duggars or in-laws on social media, but this particular thing drove me to because it's so hypocritical. I don't understand how Derick can claim to be all about the family values but vote for a candidate who is the opposite of the "purity" and "holiness" they imagine they maintain.

I'm shocked that Derick not only admitted he's voting for Trump, but tweeted multiple times about voting. He has no shame whatsoever about this and that's totally bizarre to me.

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I've never directly addressed the Duggars or in-laws on social media, but this particular thing drove me to because it's so hypocritical. I don't understand how Derick can claim to be all about the family values but vote for a candidate who is the opposite of the "purity" and "holiness" they imagine they maintain.

I'm shocked that Derick not only admitted he's voting for Trump, but tweeted multiple times about voting. He has no shame whatsoever about this and that's totally bizarre to me.

Not only that, he's seen firsthand how a sexual predator and philanderer can destroy a family. And yet he is happy to vote for a man who has unapologetically done both of those things.

I am not surprised he is voting for Trump. Trump may not be a real conservative, or anything really, but he is a "man" and a proclaimed republican, and that is enough. No way is Derrick voting for a woman, who wears pants and doesn't know her proper "place" in the world. If Derrick believed in anything Hillary Clinton related, or any Democratic ideology, he wouldn't have married Jill. Derrick is just as conservative as the Duggars. I have no doubt he believes a woman is only to live the type of life as Jill. His mother is an exception because she is his mother and moms always get a pass. I have always had to idea that Derrick was somewhat nerdy in high school/college and didn't have that much luck with women. With Jill, he is king, manly and smarter because he is a man. He isn't going to get that type of worship with woman outside of the fundy world.

As to the prior discussion, I was an extremely picky eater as a kid. My mother preferred I eat something to just going to bed hungry. She would never force me to eat and I am stubborn enough to just not eat anything. We always had canned corn because I was perfectly happy eating a can of corn but my mom did warm it up and put it in a bowl. I did once eat spinach out of a can to see if I would get as strong as Popeye. A couple of times as a kid i opened a can of Spaghetti O's and warmed the can in the oven. I don't remember why I did that but I ate it straight out of the can. When I was a kid, our gravy was cream of chicken mushroom on rice and mashed potatoes, which is still my favorite. We still had healthy meals with fresh fruit/vegetables. We just had canned stuff as well. I survived. I always have fresh, frozen and canned vegetables because I never know what I want and how much time i have to make it.  

On one hand, I want to give him credit for encouraging people to register to vote. Especially because his first post about it didn't mention any candidates or political parties.

On the other hand - fuck you Hipster Jesus, you self-righteous little twat! 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

On one hand, I want to give him credit for encouraging people to register to vote. Especially because his first post about it didn't mention any candidates or political parties.

On the other hand - fuck you Hipster Jesus, you self-righteous little twat! 

I wonder if he googles him at all and thinks he is has no faith and could convert him 

send Trump to SCA 

It's nice to see that Jill participated in her future sister-in-law's bachelorette activities. I mean, it seems pretty tame. Breakfast and bowling (two different days, it looks like.) But still good that she took part.

Not surprised Derrick is voting trump/pence - dismayed, but I can't see anyone who voluntarily married into the Duggar Borg even considering voting for a democrat or a woman. 

That said, it galls me that Derrick is calling the people of Central America "spiritually dead" (which pisses me off in and of itself, because I don't get how Catholicism isn't considered Christian) and is going back there ASAP to attempt to reanimate them (will this make the converts spiritual zombies? Will they believe in a zombie jesus? Things an inebriated Kittikatz want to know), when he's voting for someone who is spewing an awful lot of hatred, lies and anger, and showing no signs of any sort of spiritual awakening or so called Christian values or even a basic sense of morality. It just seems massively hypocritical or lacking in critical thinking skills to, on one hand, set out to change people who aren't acting/living/believing like you think they should, and on the other, to vote for someone for president of your country, who doesn't appear to be acting/living/believing in anything like a kind or moral way.

I never liked Jill, but Derrick just seems like a proper tool. They're probably a great match for each other.

10 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

It's nice to see that Jill participated in her future sister-in-law's bachelorette activities. I mean, it seems pretty tame. Breakfast and bowling (two different days, it looks like.) But still good that she took part.

Considering Jill and jessa didn't have bachelorette activities, I was pretty surprised/delighted to see Jill attending such a normal weekend get away with girls she's not even related to! Seems like it might have been a good chance to get ever so slightly out of her comfort zone. Good for her. 

9 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

Not surprised Derrick is voting trump/pence - dismayed, but I can't see anyone who voluntarily married into the Duggar Borg even considering voting for a democrat or a woman. 

That said, it galls me that Derrick is calling the people of Central America "spiritually dead" (which pisses me off in and of itself, because I don't get how Catholicism isn't considered Christian) and is going back there ASAP to attempt to reanimate them (will this make the converts spiritual zombies? Will they believe in a zombie jesus? Things an inebriated Kittikatz want to know), when he's voting for someone who is spewing an awful lot of hatred, lies and anger, and showing no signs of any sort of spiritual awakening or so called Christian values or even a basic sense of morality. It just seems massively hypocritical or lacking in critical thinking skills to, on one hand, set out to change people who aren't acting/living/believing like you think they should, and on the other, to vote for someone for president of your country, who doesn't appear to be acting/living/believing in anything like a kind or moral way.

I never liked Jill, but Derrick just seems like a proper tool. They're probably a great match for each other.

But kittikatz! It's all about Supreme Court seats and abortion (or least that's what the Christian supports of Trump say on my Facebook). Smh! Guess they forgot that Trump wasn't always pro-life.

But he saw the light!!!111!! Or he saw an opportunity and the current stance suited him better.

Derick, you suck, and I laugh at any terrible thing that happens in your life. I hope a bird attacks his bun.

On another note, it's nice that Deena includes Jill in wedding activities. I'm surprised to learn that Dan is 25 and she is 30. I always assumed Dan was older.

He is voting for Trump, they all probably are, because to them they will vote Republican until the day they die no matter who the candidate is. 

12 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I'm wondering how bridesmaid dresses will be handled. Will everyone go modest? Will Jill make awkward alterations? Will she throw on a tasteful cardigan or blazer while everyone else uncovers their shoulders like wanton harlots? Will Jill decide to be a wanton harlot?

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ugh :my_sick:

I know. Can we now stop the daydreaming that always happens when one of the girls gets married that the guy is oh so liberal and going to swoop them away from the Fundie life? I mean, if even man bun is a Trump supporter...

Don't ever forget, these guys choose to be part of the Duggarborg. They have the option to live and believe however they want, and the freedom to marry independent, educated, mature women. And they choose girl-children who are forced to live with daddy and be subservient. These men are far worse than any Duggar daughters who were born into this through no fault of their own. 

And yeah, I'm looking at you Jeremy "Baaaabe" Vuolo. Your soccer career and college degree don't mean shit to me.

32 minutes ago, nausicaa said:
I know. Can we now stop the daydreaming that always happens when one of the girls gets married that the guy is oh so liberal and going to swoop them away from the Fundie life? I mean, if even man bun is a Trump supporter...
Don't ever forget, these guys choose to be part of the Duggarborg. They have the option to live and believe however they want, and the freedom to marry independent, educated, mature women. And they choose girl-children who are forced to live with daddy and be subservient. These men are far worse than any Duggar daughters who were born into this through no fault of their own. 
And yeah, I'm looking at you Jeremy "Baaaabe" Vuolo. Your soccer career and college degree don't mean shit to me.

The thing that I think that people forget is that these guys know exactly what they are getting into. They would see the duggars and know what they are. Yet they got into it! So therefore, they are choosing to get into still knowing the crazy. I don't know why we expect anymore from them!

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm wondering how bridesmaid dresses will be handled. Will everyone go modest? Will Jill make awkward alterations? Will she throw on a tasteful cardigan or blazer while everyone else uncovers their shoulders like wanton harlots? Will Jill decide to be a wanton harlot?

Is Jill a Bridesmaid? I haven't seen anything about her being one.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Is Jill a Bridesmaid? I haven't seen anything about her being one.

Yeah...I wondered that too. I have a feeling she won't be a bridesmaid. I think that's probably pretty common. I wasn't in my husband's brother's wedding at all.

8 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yeah...I wondered that too. I have a feeling she won't be a bridesmaid. I think that's probably pretty common. I wasn't in my husband's brother's wedding at all.

I don't think that it's as common for SIL's to be a part of the wedding. A sister yes but not a SIL, plus she probably doesn't know Jill that well seeing that they have been in Central America. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived