IGNORED

Kate Is Still a Horrible Mother

Tesseract

16 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Absolutely! She could make enough as a registered nurse to support the few kids she has at home but she’s too entitled now to become a mere “normal” human. 

You want Kate to work?? She has no interest in working with people, and being accountable to a boss nor does she want to make a nurse’s salary which is paltry compared to the old TLC payday. 

She should have gone back to nursing years ago, she could have become a nurse practitioner or CRNA if she was serious about furthering her education and making a nice salary. It can’t compete with TLC $, but could have nicely provided for a large family if that was a priority. Obviously that wasn’t the case. 

Edited by HA88
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am with everyone that says they wouldn't want Kate as their RN. I could see her being a surgical nurse.

I have an acquaintance that prefers her patients sedated, she is a good OR nurse.  As I know her personally, I can see why she would be a good surgical nurse and not a good nurse with talking patients. She is a blunt, no nonsense, person that doesn't have patience for whiny people. I see Kate like this but worse than my acquaintance.

I know she has training and some experience as a nurse, but I think she was probably not very good.  I wouldn't want her in any nursing capacity for me or anyone I cared about.  She will husband hunt with a vengeance before she willingly attempts nursing again.  Sadly I could see some stupid man falling for her based on her looks, then living to regret it.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Hane said:

@JermajestyDuggar, late to the party here: She has only 4 kids still at home? Where are the rest of them, and why did they leave?

Oldest two are in college. Colin & Hannah now live with Jon. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• 5 weeks later...

Jon has said that as well as Hannah not having contact with her siblings and Kate, Collin doesn't either. I hope Cara and Mady will eventually reach out to Jon, Collin and Hannah now that they are at college. 

Kate could have prevented this if she wasn't so spiteful and hadn't spent the last 10 years badmouthing Jon and using some of the stupid mistakes he made in the aftermath of the divorce against him. He didn't do anything so wrong that he deserved to be cut off from the children. When Jon was broke and having to wait on tables to survive she took pride in mocking him, now he is doing better financially, in a relationship where appears to be happy and two of the children chose to stay with him over her, she is probably jealous because she is single and miserable, show is done and few people like her. Free Aaden, Alexis, Joel and Leah. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2

On 1/5/2020 at 8:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I still say she needs to sell that giant ass house and live off of any money she makes in that sale. She could do it. She just doesn’t want to. I imagine she’s grown accustomed to the lifestyle and doesn’t want to give it up. 

In comparison, when the parents of the Dilley sextuplets found that their house was too expensive for them(even though they were only charged for what it cost to build), they sold it and moved to a smaller home that they could afford.  I always liked the Dilleys; they lived within their means and didn’t whore the kids out.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I always liked the Dilleys; they lived within their means and didn’t whore the kids out.

Same with the McCaughey’s. The kids got to 18 and the parents still hadn’t touched the cash people donated to the kids. I also like that they always included Michaeala in their annual updates rather than “we have septuplets! (And an older child).”

• Upvote 7

I read an article on the McCaugheys around the time that they graduated from high school, and it mentioned that “they each had to get jobs and buy their own phones!” like it was some novel idea.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

Jon and Kate near the end of their marriage seemed to have opposing views on the amount of filming and other things they signed up to because that meant them being away all the time. Jon wanted to cut back, Kate didn't. 

I have followed the Walton Sextuplets story they were the first all female Sextuplets to survive and were a massive story when they were born in the UK in 1983. The parents did in the early years agree to promote things and do appearances across the world but when they got older they cut back on things and if offered anything when the girls were old enough to have their say they would only do it if all 6 agreed to it. In the last documentary filmed a few years ago the girl's all said they didn't mind being on some things but they would have hated to have been on a reality show full time and they felt they still had a normal childhood. Their mother Janet began volunteering for the hospital they were born in to raise money when they started school and still raises money for Liverpool women's hospital to this day. Kate made a donation on the show to Ronald McDonald house they stayed in but I suspect that was for TV more than her wanting to donate. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Kate made a donation on the show to Ronald McDonald house they stayed in but I suspect that was for TV more than her wanting to donate. 

I agree. Imo, any genuine caring that used to live in Kate is long gone. 

• Upvote 3

I admit I’m always bothered by the slight pro-life agenda you will see in a lot of these high profile multiples families. They almost always mention that a doctor has given them the option of selective reduction and they refuse. I hate how it’s often portrayed as the wrong choice. When I think selective reduction can be a completely valid choice and actually MORE prolife in some cases. If you are pregnant with 10 babies, there’s no way they will all survive. Therefore selective reduction might actually give two of them a chance. 

I am not saying which choice is best. Each situation is different and the parents and doctor should make an informed choice. But selective reduction is not some horror it can sometimes be made out to be.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit I’m always bothered by the slight pro-life agenda you will see in a lot of these high profile multiples families. They almost always mention that a doctor has given them the option of selective reduction and they refuse. I hate how it’s often portrayed as the wrong choice. When I think selective reduction can be a completely valid choice and actually MORE prolife in some cases. If you are pregnant with 10 babies, there’s no way they will all survive. Therefore selective reduction might actually give two of them a chance. 

I am not saying which choice is best. Each situation is different and the parents and doctor should make an informed choice. But selective reduction is not some horror it can sometimes be made out to be.

I understand that too but also understand why people who have had fertility treatment's to get pregnant don't choose to reduce. The Octuplets mum definitely should have considered reduction, while I know they all survived and appear healthy, she made Kate look sane. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Interesting, how Collin does an IG post to give Mother's Day tribute to his stepmom. Nothing about his birth mom. Bless him. I guess he's following the old sage advice about "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all". But the post is enough to make any stepmom, or potential stepmom, melt into a puddle.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Interesting, how Collin does an IG post to give Mother's Day tribute to his stepmom. Nothing about his birth mom. Bless him. I guess he's following the old sage advice about "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all". But the post is enough to make any stepmom, or potential stepmom, melt into a puddle.

I'm glad he is happy with Jon and his girlfriend and it is nice that he wished her a happy mother's day but it's also heartbreaking what he went through with Kate and I don't blame him for not wishing her a happy mother's day, I hope that pissed Kate off and I wonder if part of the reason he done the post as a massive fuck you to Kate. 

• I Agree 3