IGNORED

Kate Is Still a Horrible Mother

Tesseract

Are you even allowed to be a practicing nurse after not working for 13 (?) years? I hope not, because it seems like you'd forget everything.

you'd have to recertify, certainly. and those certification tests are difficult, so you'd have to study or possibly take some remedial courses to prepare, depending on what knowledge has been retained after 13 years. i took medical terminology and body structure and function at 17 through a college, didn't finish, went back when i was 24/25 and aced those classes without even trying (credits wouldn't transfer :/). granted that's a lot less than 13 years, but everyone's knowledge retention is different.

She was a Dialysis nurse and working weekends during the first several TLC specials. She also worked as a nurse before she had the twins and in between the twins and the septuplets. If she hasn't paid to maintain her licensure and hasn't done CEs, which I would guess she hasn't, she would be required to do CEs and pay to re-activate her licensure. But yes, she absolutely CAN return to nursing and she was a nurse long enough to be an actual nurse. Dialysis nurse is highly specialized and generally pays well. You don't get a job like that without some experience under your belt first.

And yes, she could support her family on a nurse's salary, especially in PA. She couldn't afford her house and her lifestyle but she could afford to support her family. She won't do it though. She sees herself as a celebrity and would consider going back to being a nurse as beneath her.

She was a Dialysis nurse and working weekends during the first several TLC specials. She also worked as a nurse before she had the twins and in between the twins and the septuplets. If she hasn't paid to maintain her licensure and hasn't done CEs, which I would guess she hasn't, she would be required to do CEs and pay to re-activate her licensure. But yes, she absolutely CAN return to nursing and she was a nurse long enough to be an actual nurse. Dialysis nurse is highly specialized and generally pays well. You don't get a job like that without some experience under your belt first.

And yes, she could support her family on a nurse's salary, especially in PA. She couldn't afford her house and her lifestyle but she could afford to support her family. She won't do it though. She sees herself as a celebrity and would consider going back to being a nurse as beneath her.

I don't know about CE classes because I'm not sure what that entails for nursing (ie: can you do it online or do you have to actually do it in a classroom setting), but I do know she has paid to keep her license current this whole time. She has been very vocal about that over the years. She's never mentioned any CE specifically, though. Unless she can do it online, I would guess that is a no.

On one recentish episode (I should say one of the later K+8 ones) she and the kids took baked goods up to her old dialysis ward to cheer up the patients or some such nonsense and according to the recap I read, Kate could no longer find her way around the equipment when she was trying to explain it to the kids/camera/whatever (it's been a while since I read the recap so I'm a little fuzzy on the specifics).

Kate was not well liked as a nurse and I doubt she would have a lot of luck finding work as one now, at least not as one doing actual patient care. She might be able to find something administratively, but she has such a bad rep for being able to work with people and comes with so much "baggage" I doubt too many medical facilities would want to deal with her.

She has NO intention of working as a nurse (or anything else except being a STAH) anyway. The last 3 years have made that crystal clear.

Most states allow CEs to be done online now. I don't know PA specifically but I know they are a low regulation state so I would assume they allow them online.

She could get a non direct patient care position. However, irrc, she holds an Associates and not a Bachelors and she's on the cusp of the area of the country where an educational bias is strong and growing, which would limit her non-direct patient care options without the Bachelor's degree.

She could get a job as a nurse. She's learned to work networks and connections quite well in the last decade and that is the fundamental requirement to secure a nursing job. She cannot get a glamorous nursing position having been out of the field for so long and would have to start lower down and she would never agree to anything short of glamorous. She could also go back to NP school, as there is a shortage that continues to grow for NPs in this nation. But, that would require hard work and she's not going to do that either.

Nursing is a good field and does allow you to step away and come back. For all her whining about needing to provide for her children and grifting, she has NOT lost nursing as an option. She doesn't WANT nursing as an option.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. Kate COULD provide for her family as a nurse, she just wouldn't have the lifestyle she's been accustomed to and would have to be frugal with 8 kids to provide for. Kate has also been a D list celebrity for a few years now and she has an overinflated sense of worth. She no doubt now thinks she is 'beneath' getting her hands dirty as a nurse.

Probably a good thing. I mean, would YOU want to end up in hospital and get Kate as your nurse?

Most Narcissists are exceedingly charming in small doses. I imagine when she worked as a nurse, she came across as a great nurse to her patients. It would have been her co-workers that saw the true nightmare that came with dealing with her.

The years as a D list celebrity will have inflated her self esteem to a level that she would likely expect her co-workers to do everything for her and she sit and look important because she's special. My NPD mother works in healthcare. Patients adore her, but she changes jobs on average every two years because she cannot maintain her facade with those she works with for longer than that.

Most Narcissists are exceedingly charming in small doses. I imagine when she worked as a nurse, she came across as a great nurse to her patients. It would have been her co-workers that saw the true nightmare that came with dealing with her.

The years as a D list celebrity will have inflated her self esteem to a level that she would likely expect her co-workers to do everything for her and she sit and look important because she's special. My NPD mother works in healthcare. Patients adore her, but she changes jobs on average every two years because she cannot maintain her facade with those she works with for longer than that.

I'd have to do some research on this to be positive, but I can't recall Kate getting good marks from patients either. I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head, but I think that if she HAD been praised as a nurse by her patients that would stick out in my mind because it would be unusual for Kate.

If I have time, I'll try to look into this today.

Given the poor medical justification I've seen her spout for justifying her behaviors with her children, my impression is that she was never a very bright nurse but more the variety that I cringe when I see them get going.

It doesn't really matter if she was a good nurse or a bad nurse. There's no glamor in nursing. Its a good living but it's WORK and she would never, ever consider demeaning herself to that again after years of milking the good life from TLC and the general public.

I think Kate Gosselin is hot (in a bitchy way), so I think I'd like it if she were my nurse. Especially for something like a colonoscopy.

That's what I really think. I promise I'm not just saying it to annoy someone.

I would be *terrified* if she showed up at my bed in a hospital.

me too! her bleached out wavy hair just does NOT go with her stern face. it's like a guy in an '80's rock band with a wig.

the old razor edge half-short, half chin length brown and blonde hair was much more suited to her.

I actually think Kate used to be pretty. She's had so much work done, so much tanning and now that blonde hay on her head, she doesn't even have that going for her anymore. Her skin looks like leather now. According to people that have seen her in person, her skin used to be very lovely.

As much as I loathe her, I do think it's a shame that she felt the need to alter her looks and become the "typical hollywood blonde bimbo" stereotype.

I also think she needs to seek therapy (well for many reasons) for her obvious eating disorder because she has 5 impressionable daughters in her house. She does not look healthy anymore, in part, due to her very restricted diet, IMO.

I'd have to do some research on this to be positive, but I can't recall Kate getting good marks from patients either. I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head, but I think that if she HAD been praised as a nurse by her patients that would stick out in my mind because it would be unusual for Kate.

If I have time, I'll try to look into this today.

I seem to recall a story she told in the book Beth wrote that she and Jon were offered a patient's baby but decided against it. If someone she dealt with in a clinical setting was impressed enough to think she would be a good adoptive candidate, I'm likely to agree with CL about her seeming kind to her patients. Of course, since its a story she told, it's probably a lie. Anywhoo, I don't think she would be able to present that facade now that the public has seen her personality. Her incredibly rude, abrasive, abusive, greedy, grasping, lying, using personality. Shrew. :disgust:

• 2 weeks later...
I think Kate Gosselin is hot (in a bitchy way), so I think I'd like it if she were my nurse. Especially for something like a colonoscopy.

That's what I really think. I promise I'm not just saying it to annoy someone.

That literally made me spit my drink onto my tablet ..you owe me. :lol:

That literally made me spit my drink onto my tablet ..you owe me. :lol:

Actually, I'd like it if I had a blockage and it was Kate's job to remove the constipated shit from my colon :twisted:

I read an article today that Jon has been evicted from his house after four months of not paying and meanwhile Kate tweeted she is working on a "huge" home project.

I read an article today that Jon has been evicted from his house after four months of not paying and meanwhile Kate tweeted she is working on a "huge" home project.

I guess Jon is an example of what happens to a normal person when TLC money dries up. And I say "normal" because I don't think Jon was living uber-extravagantly, just a little beyond his means.

I think at this point Kate is too tired to press for full custody. I hope so.

That TLC is paying for?

That TLC is paying for?

Probably! I think TLC wants to keep doing specials. We know they filmed an upcoming vacation special.

There was a headline that he left it a mess and abandoned a kitten too.

I just could not be botherd to read it.

These two are scumbags. You get the crazy mother whose always whining about not having enough money to support her 8 count them 8 kids and then you have the lazy father who can't hold down a job. What losers.

These two are scumbags. You get the crazy mother whose always whining about not having enough money to support her 8 count them 8 kids and then you have the lazy father who can't hold down a job. What losers.

Yep- crazy and lazy.

There was a headline that he left it a mess and abandoned a kitten too.

I just could not be botherd to read it.

IF he actually abandoned a kitten, then he is a giant stinky poophead and is no better than Khate. :music-tool:

I'm not sure if Jon is a lazy guy, or if he's unemployable due to his celebrity. I would imagine an HR rep who would get his resume would take one look at it and then worry about the possible liability of hiring Jon.