IGNORED

Kate Is Still a Horrible Mother

Tesseract

Well, I stumbled on this post a ways ago and have been barreling through the book at top speed...it is the train wreck of all train wrecks.

I'm extra loving this clip now that I've read what really happens behind the scenes at the Gosselin house! Fail, Kate. I could see the wheels turning in Mady's brain the moment she realized this was her chance not to play along. :penguin-no:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/16/kate-goss ... oday-show/

IF he actually abandoned a kitten, then he is a giant stinky poophead and is no better than Khate. :music-tool:

My cat is offended that Jon abandoned on of his brothers/sisters.

• 3 weeks later...

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kenya-moore-kate-gosselin-bodyguard-hotel-room-20141711

Kenya Moore from the Real Housewives of Atlanta, who was on Celebrity Apprentice with Kate, says that the bodyguard shared a room with Kate. Why again does she need a bodyguard?

• Upvote 2

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kenya-moore-kate-gosselin-bodyguard-hotel-room-20141711

Kenya Moore from the Real Housewives of Atlanta, who was on Celebrity Apprentice with Kate, says that the bodyguard shared a room with Kate. Why again does she need a bodyguard?

Because she's "Faaaaaaamous" for her "reaaaaaality showwwwww". :roll: :roll:

I always thought Kate and the bodyguard were a leetle closer than a professional relationship should be. :?

Going back some, but Kate doesn't even have an associate degree. At the time she trained, the program was strictly a two year nursing program. She has kept up her license though.

• 4 weeks later...

I was really desperate for something mindless to do, so I watched an on-demand episode of Kate Gosselin taking an RV trip with all the kids and some friends. I know they edit these episodes to make her seem especially difficult, but really, there is something seriously wrong with that woman. Is there NO ONE in their lives who can get those kids out of that house.

• Upvote 2

They didn't have to edit it to make her look difficult. They edited out a lot of her worse behavior and comments. Sad isn't it?

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

So is this a response via People magazine to the Jon interview/article that said that it had been forever since he had seen Colin n particular because he was always at home and not on the school bus when he is allowed to see children.  There was something in that interview or whatever I read where he said he gets to see/spend time with whoever gets off the bus (and it is never all the children).  

And that comment does not excuse Jon's role in the circus they chose to put on TV or parading their children in front of the world.  

• Upvote 4

In the main paragraph of the sparse PEOPLE article, Gosselin reveals, 

"Collin has special needs," Kate tells PEOPLE. "[There's] a fairly fluid diagnosis of what those needs are, but he needs to learn certain strategies to help him deal with things. This has been a struggle we've had for a very long time, and it's one I've dealt with on my own. I've felt very alone in this. By the same token, it's not something that has only impacted me or him – our entire family has been impacted."

http://www.people.com/article/kate-gosselin-talks-son-collin-treatment?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Oh Kate. She may have made the right choice, but of course it comes with a self-serving people spread, tons of attention, and some woe-is-Kate statements about it all. No talk about what's best for him, how you want to help him or be there for him...let's focus on how hard it's been for you and how it's impacted your family as if he's an inconvenience.

• Upvote 10

Geez. It's not even like people were asking about where Collin was right?  This women puts fame whoring above everything else doesn't she?

• Upvote 11

I know this is going to come off as naive, but does Kate have a "real job"? She's not on TV the way she used to be and it can't be cheap to have eight kids, especially with one at a residential treatment facility.

• Upvote 5

I'd be curious to know what Collin's "special need" is.   I know he had some anger issues after the divorce, and who wouldn't?  I think the kids might be genetically emotional or dramatic (as in Mady).  The example they've gotten from Kate sure didn't help.

I have a tendency to favor Jon but neither of them has earned a parenting award in  my book.  I hope Collin isn't at a boot camp type place.  I hope his siblings are understanding.

• Upvote 4

I believe Kate still has a TV show:  Kate Plus 8.  TV is her only job, AFAIK.   Kate Plus 8 seems to be used as filler by TLC but she is still filming.  This TMI disclosure is apparently to explain why they are not filming poor Collin for this current season.  

She may not see any connection between her behavior, filming the poor child around the clock during his early childhood, having the divorce from hell, refusing him contact with his father and his special needs.

Kate is really vile.  And she did this "all alone" because she pushed all other family members away.

• Upvote 16

Ok then we'll I suppose if they're still filming she'd have to explain his absence. Though alternatively she could have stopped filming while she got him the help he needed. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Ok then we'll I suppose if they're still filming she'd have to explain his absence. Though alternatively she could have stopped filming while she got him the help he needed. 

Unfortunately, Kate LOVES filming. I read a book about her several years ago where the writer had gotten her computer that she had thrown away, with tons of personal information (pictures, notes for the books she 'wrote', emails, legal docs, etc.) still on the hard drive, not deleted or encrypted. The author pointed out that Kate pushed away every single person who ever got close to the kids, so they have nowhere to turn. It was a hard read, but an interesting one. According to several people who knew her before the kids, she was obsessed with the McCaughey (sp?) septuplets and was devastated when she had "only" twins and "only" sextuplets. That's just wrong.  Kate's focus from day one was pushing her agenda, she wanted to be famous and felt that by having a huge family, she could accomplish that goal. I couldn't watch the show once they showed the kids being potty-trained. To me, that was way TMI for someone to show on TV.

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, Kak said:

http://www.people.com/article/kate-gosselin-talks-son-collin-treatment

Kate Gosselin proves she's still a horrible person. 

I haven't read the mag, just saw a link to this article. Poor Collin, why can't his mother let this be private?

God, yes... I just went on a bit of a rant about this at work (and my coworkers are just looking at me funny.) What a horrible, horrible human being she is. There is absolutely NO reason this woman should be on the cover of People with one of her children missing for the photo. (There is no reason she should be on the cover of People at all, but that is entirely different issue.) There is no reason she needs to be discussing her son's "special needs" publicly without his permission to do so.

Should it be difficult to put your kids' needs before your own need for publicity?  I have no doubt her kids have anger issues... I sure as hell would. 

• Upvote 11

Unfortunately, Kate LOVES filming. I read a book about her several years ago where the writer had gotten her computer that she had thrown away, with tons of personal information (pictures, notes for the books she 'wrote', emails, legal docs, etc.) still on the hard drive, not deleted or encrypted. The author pointed out that Kate pushed away every single person who ever got close to the kids, so they have nowhere to turn. It was a hard read, but an interesting one. According to several people who knew her before the kids, she was obsessed with the McCaughey (sp?) septuplets and was devastated when she had "only" twins and "only" sextuplets. That's just wrong.  Kate's focus from day one was pushing her agenda, she wanted to be famous and felt that by having a huge family, she could accomplish that goal. I couldn't watch the show once they showed the kids being potty-trained. To me, that was way TMI for someone to show on TV.

I read that book as well. It was quite the damning exposé of Kate, if you take it at what it says.
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I read that book as well. It was quite the damning exposé of Kate, if you take it at what it says.

We discussed the Hoffman book here when it first came out.  I remember thinking that the journal entries were damning and the contract information was fascinating, but that he went way too far with the speculation on some other things.  MMV, of course.  There are quite a few Gosselin threads here if people want to do a search.

• Upvote 6

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

refusing him contact with his father

Do you know that this is true?  Judging by the twins comments, it seems they don't really want to be around him and that it is their own decision.  Yes, parental alienation happens, but this is also the guy who ran off with much younger women and has since refused to get a decent job to provide for his kids.  I believe he only works part-time as a cook at a TGIFs, which isn't going to be enough to support himself, let alone 8 kids. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

Do you know that this is true?  

Oh, sweetheart.  I lost interest in the Gosselin Wars years ago.  They were interesting to observe, that's all.  There aren't many Kate Gosselin fans here either, FYI.  I don't like either parent.

Judging by the twins comments, it seems they don't really want to be around him and that it is their own decision. Yes, parental alienation happens,

Yes, it does.  This is a pretty text book case.  Especially when you look at the twin's comments and Kate's attempts to make them go public with trashing their father in magazine interviews.

Unfortunately, unless there are very good reasons - good enough to go back to court with evidence to get the visitation changed officially - I think Kate should have encouraged all the children to see their father.  She was out of compliance with court-ordered visitation.  Why Jon didn't push for it is on him.

but this is also the guy who ran off with much younger women

I'm not a Jon fan, but this is the guy who was booted out of his house and into the apartment over the garage long before they went public with a separation and divorce.  They kept up the facade to keep filming.  Kate is the one who filed for divorce - after verbally and emotionally abusing him for years.  The relationship with the young woman, actually a series of relationships with women, came after she filed for divorce.  Going off the rails after being in an abusive relationship is not unusual.  Jon seems a pretty text book case of that too.

and has since refused to get a decent job to provide for his kids.  

He has had a series of jobs over the years, none of which seem to have lasted long.  He doesn't seem exactly good at steady work and the TV scandal probably didn't help with getting jobs.  I think he wants to be back on TV as an individual because it is easy money.

But that is more than I can say for Kate who grabbed as much of the money as she could, millions, in the divorce and continues to "support the children" by making them work.

I believe he only works part-time as a cook at a TGIFs,

A quick google and - he says that recent gig was for charity.  He has had other jobs.  Many.

which isn't going to be enough to support himself, let alone 8 kids. 

Why should that be his sole responsibility?  Kate should work to support them too.  The problem is that she isn't very good at selling herself as a TV star without the children.  That is why the children are still working to support themselves.

The Gosselin parents are both fucked in the head.  I feel sorry for the children, but especially poor Collin, whose issues and placement in a residential facility has now been made public.

Made public by his mother.  To explain why Collin isn't able to work at the moment. 

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

That is why the children are still working to support themselves.

That's another really sad point in this tale.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm not a Jon fan, but this is the guy who was booted out of his house and into the apartment over the garage long before they went public with a separation and divorce.  They kept up the facade to keep filming.  Kate is the one who filed for divorce - after verbally and emotionally abusing him for years.  The relationship with the young woman, actually a series of relationships with women, came after she filed for divorce.  Going off the rails after being in an abusive relationship is not unusual.  Jon seems a pretty text book case of that too.

The going wild after getting out of an abusive relationship is super common.  Jon looked like a replay of my mom and she worked and was 20 years older when it happened.

While I was driving my mom to a medical appointment today I heard a clip on the radio of who are the three all time worst reality "stars"?

Number 3:  June, Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Number 2:  Josh Duggar

And Number 1 for the win:  Kate Gosselin

• Upvote 17

Kate is such a bitch! Poor Colin's business is all over the fucking internet, and he's still a minor with no say! I saw this online this morning and it's really upsetting. It's already terrible that all 8 kids' lives and private moments (including their parents' nasty divorce) are public. Kate managed to go even lower. Disgusting. 

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

While I was driving my mom to a medical appointment today I heard a clip on the radio of who are the three all time worst reality "stars"?

Number 3:  June, Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Number 2:  Josh Duggar

And Number 1 for the win:  Kate Gosselin

I realize Gil is not nearly as famous as the Duggars but if this was my list I'd put him above Josh.  Teenaged Josh does get a tiny bit of sympathy from me due to his age and upbringing.  Gil on the other hand has no excuse for what he's done. 

• Upvote 5