IGNORED

Kate Is Still a Horrible Mother

Tesseract

I just couldn't take it anymore! It's bad enough that apparently TLC is filming these poor kids again, but then this one is all happy about it.

Kate is a kind and loving mother. Kate threw Colin across the room and stomped on him because Kate Gosselin is a no-nonsense disciplinarian who doesn't let her children run wild. The Duggars shouldn't blanket train their children because violence is wrong. The Duggars are fame whores who exploit their children for the cameras! Kate is a smart businesswoman. Kate doesn't even like the fame; her children do, ever since they were babies. Kate does it for them. Kate is self-sacrificing. Kate is motherhood. Jon is an ugly and stupid mutant. Jon didn't deserve Kate. A real man would have felt thankful after being spit on and beaten by Kate. Jon yelled at the kids once because he is evil. It's okay for Kate to yell at her kids because she is their mother! Mady is a horrible and ungrateful brat for talking back to Kate. No one except Kate would be able to handle Mady. Mady is so lucky to have Kate as a mom! All of the kids are. Kate is kindness. Kate is the paradigm of inner strength and outer love. G-d created Kate to redeem the world. The Duggars wish they were the kind of Christians that Kate is.

Kate is a kind and loving mother. Kate threw Colin across the room and stomped on him because Kate Gosselin is a no-nonsense disciplinarian who doesn't let her children run wild. The Duggars shouldn't blanket train their children because violence is wrong. The Duggars are fame whores who exploit their children for the cameras! Kate is a smart businesswoman. Kate doesn't even like the fame; her children do, ever since they were babies. Kate does it for them. Kate is self-sacrificing. Kate is motherhood. Jon is an ugly and stupid mutant. Jon didn't deserve Kate. A real man would have felt thankful after being spit on and beaten by Kate. Jon yelled at the kids once because he is evil. It's okay for Kate to yell at her kids because she is their mother! Mady is a horrible and ungrateful brat for talking back to Kate. No one except Kate would be able to handle Mady. Mady is so lucky to have Kate as a mom! All of the kids are. Kate is kindness. Kate is the paradigm of inner strength and outer love. G-d created Kate to redeem the world. The Duggars wish they were the kind of Christians that Kate is.

More studying! Less time on sheeple sites unless it's for a sociology project!

Curious has a much more in depth knowledge of the Gosselin situation than I do, but I agree with the majority of what she said. It fits my recollections. I snipped for space, but want to emphasize this last bit even though I never watched Couples Therapy.

ITA. Let's stop with the double standard.

:greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange:

I agree that Kate seems to be an absolutely horrible and abusive person. I've only seen a few episodes of the show, and then the new special, but I do believe people when they say she was abusive in her marriage.

BUT -- I don't think there is any excuse for anyone - abused man or woman-- to go on a show like Couples Therapy and talk in-depth about all those issues and their sex life and all of that when they have 13 year old children. Especially children who are clearly already struggling with their feelings regarding their parents. And who attend school with other 13 year olds.

This isn't 1994 where they could, maybe, at least make sure the girls wouldn't personally watch the show. At the very least, even if they didn't watch it, it's likely their school friends did and gossiped about it. The last thing those girls need is to have that kind of detail put out by either parent.

Christ on a cracker :o Who the hell wrote that originally? It wasn't you was it IFTR? Surely not? My oh my....the disconnect just floors me. I have never seen such blind adoration. Just :wtf:

I sympathies with Jon. I do not approve of his actions right after the divorce but I understand where he was coming from. He was no longer under her abuse. He did not know how to handle this new normal. He probably partied to forget the pain. He has never known an adult life without being in a relationship. So. He was trying to fill the void in his life. He was in survivor mode and needed to fill the gaps in his life.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I spent a month of my junior year of high school at home sick after my abusive mother left for good. A divorce followed. I was in shock for most of that month and trying to figure out what was going on. I had been in survival mode for most of my life. It has been a hard transition from survivor mode to being a fully functioning human.

Christ on a cracker :o Who the hell wrote that originally? It wasn't you was it IFTR? Surely not? My oh my....the disconnect just floors me. I have never seen such blind adoration. Just :wtf:

Pretty much 100% sure that it's meant as sarcasm. To highlight the difference in attitude towards the two families.

I wrote it because I was trying to annoy Curious. Didn't work. :shrug:

lol she was just trying to get a rise out of me ;) She does a good sheeple impression, though doesn't she?

Damn straight she does! Well played IFTR, well played :D

Incidentally young Curious, I did wonder if IFTR's post was a list of things our resident Kate lover/apologist has said or even tweeted, in the past.

Damn straight she does! Well played IFTR, well played :D

Incidentally young Curious, I did wonder if IFTR's post was a list of things our resident Kate lover/apologist has said or even tweeted, in the past.

Nope, as a quote sometimes credited to T.S. Elliot says, "Immature writers imitate; mature writers steal.", and I am really immature.

I think both parents are assholes. John shouldn't gotten real therapy, not reality TV therapy. He shouldn't have all these women in and out. He has teen daughters who could pick up on that. Kate is nuts. She needs help asap. She needs to stop with all the media/celebrity stuff and stop exploiting her children. She could've been abused the way she's acting. She claims she doesn't have a good relationship with her family. These poor kids.

And I thought John and Kate were in their early 20s when they got married.

lol she was just trying to get a rise out of me ;) She does a good sheeple impression, though doesn't she?

I had it completely wrong. IFTR was trying to get a rise out of you? I thought she was trying to curry favor by amassing a whole lot of direct quotes from an obsessive pro-Kate twitterer who also posts negatively about the Duggars on FJ.

I think both parents are assholes. John shouldn't gotten real therapy, not reality TV therapy. He shouldn't have all these women in and out. He has teen daughters who could pick up on that. Kate is nuts. She needs help asap. She needs to stop with all the media/celebrity stuff and stop exploiting her children. She could've been abused the way she's acting. She claims she doesn't have a good relationship with her family. These poor kids.

I don't mind either parent being on TV as long as the kids are not drug out and filmed. Kate is nothing without her kids. She even brought them up during her short time "writing" for coupon cabin. She never really talked about how to coupon. She would just post a few links to coupons on the bottom of the page. She always talks about the kids on twitter. She posts pictures of them on there. The kids have no privacy when they are with her.

Couples therapy allowed Jon to buy a house that is a lot closer to his kids. He has since gone back into being a private citizen. He even had the good sense to deleate his twitter account. Once all sorts of drama started between followers.

What women do you refer to? He's been in 2 long term relationships since the divorce, Ellen and Liz. Prior to that he dated a couple other women and the tabloids said the was dating a few others which he denied.

I don't think that is worse than gallivanting all over the country with a married man, causing all kind of speculation about whether you are having an affair with him or not.

Jon and Ellen never lived together. As far as I am aware, we don't know if he and Liz currently live together (and it's not really any of our business), but people move on and your kids seeing that is not a bad thing. It's certainly more healthy than still talking about your divorce 5 years down the road.

I don't mind either parent being on TV as long as the kids are not drug out and filmed. Kate is nothing without her kids. She even brought them up during her short time "writing" for coupon cabin. She never really talked about how to coupon. She would just post a few links to coupons on the bottom of the page. She always talks about the kids on twitter. She posts pictures of them on there. The kids have no privacy when they are with her.

Couples therapy allowed Jon to buy a house that is a lot closer to his kids. He has since gone back into being a private citizen. He even had the good sense to deleate his twitter account. Once all sorts of drama started between followers.

His twitter, which he took private long before he deleted it, was NEVER about the kids. He told people not to ask about the kids because he wouldn't talk about them. He never posted pics of the kids.

The dust up happened because of KATE, as always. Liz posted a picture of one of the kids with her dog, who happened to be a pit bull and Kate lost her mind, like she always does about nothing. Whether Liz posting that picture was in good taste/appropriate or not is one thing. Kate losing her mind over the picture is NOT appropriate by any stretch of the imagination. That was the beginning of the end for Jon's twitter. I'm not sure if Liz still has an account, as I never followed her, but I suspect she deleted her account at the same time Jon deleted his.

I had it completely wrong. IFTR was trying to get a rise out of you? I thought she was trying to curry favor by amassing a whole lot of direct quotes from an obsessive pro-Kate twitterer who also posts negatively about the Duggars on FJ.

Now if anyone googles "Kate is a kind and loving mother.", FJ is the first website to come up :lol:

I think the line "G-d created Kate to redeem the world" is what gave me away. Writing "G-d" implies that the writer is Jewish, and Jews only believe in one G-d and even though she has many names, none of them are Kate.

Now if anyone googles "Kate is a kind and loving mother.", FJ is the first website to come up :lol:

I think the line "G-d created Kate to redeem the world" is what gave me away. Writing "G-d" implies that the writer is Jewish, and Jews only believe in one G-d and even though she has many names, none of them are Kate.

I beg to differ. I googled "Kate is a kind and loving mother" and got a couple of pages about ... Prince George!

Go figure.

I beg to differ. I googled "Kate is a kind and loving mother" and got a couple of pages about ... Prince George!

Go figure.

Depends whether or not you use quotation marks.

P.s., I keep confusing us because we look so similar. Isn't that awesome?!

Depends whether or not you use quotation marks.

P.s., I keep confusing us because we look so similar. Isn't that awesome?!

You are quite right. I googled again with and without quotation marks. With quotes, FJ comes up first followed by some weird fan site. Without quotes, I find that William and Kate are breeding again. Gotta have an heir and a spare!

Re. the bolded, you said that once before and I couldn't think what you meant. I'm thick like that.:lol: You meant we had the same default avatar. I keep forgetting to put my old avatar back after Curious accidentally wiped them all. Nothing personal, but that bug-eyed smiley thing was getting on my nerves, so let's see if I've succeeded in getting Cake-9 back.

Testing . . .

ETA. He's back!

I saw a meme on Facebook a while back that featured a pit bull telling his owners to get off their butts and get a job because it wasn't his job to support their lazy behinds. Reminded me of Kate. :mrgreen:

I saw a meme on Facebook a while back that featured a pit bull telling his owners to get off their butts and get a job because it wasn't his job to support their lazy behinds. Reminded me of Kate. :mrgreen:

Wasn't she a nurse?? How much do nurses make? I think Jin and Kate did themselves a disservice by trying to live the fabulous life. 1 million dollar house?? You could've easily gotten a house with enough room for less than that price.

With Kate's experience as a nurse she could easily make between $50,000 -80,000 working full time as an RN. She could definitely support her kids comfortably despite the fact that she always says she couldn't be a nurse and support 8 kids it's just BS.

I can't wait to read the tell all book from one of those kids. Unlike the Duggars, no one has to escape a Fundie Cult either, so I'm willing to bet on getting that tell all book on Mommy Dearest within the next 15 years, and I can't wait.

The other thing I always hated when this show was airing was everyone ripping on one of the twins for being a 'horrible person' and a 'brat'. She was about 6 years old, clearly not happy being in front of the camera, clearly having a hard time adjusting to having so many toddler siblings and had an absolutely horrible human being as a mother. A lot of kids are bratty at that age at that age, the difference is most parents try and parent it out of them, not stick them in front of a camera and have it recorded for all their peers to see one day.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't she a nurse?? How much do nurses make? I think Jin and Kate did themselves a disservice by trying to live the fabulous life. 1 million dollar house?? You could've easily gotten a house with enough room for less than that price.

She was a nurse for a very short period of time - possibly only a few months and then left.

I'm not sure if she left because she was pregnant or didn't like the work, but the general public seem to be in agreement that she wouldn't make a very nice nurse. Maybe she thought while she was working as a nurse she'd find the doctor she always wanted to marry? :rawr:

She was a nurse for a very short period of time - possibly only a few months and then left.

I'm not sure if she left because she was pregnant or didn't like the work, but the general public seem to be in agreement that she wouldn't make a very nice nurse. Maybe she thought while she was working as a nurse she'd find the doctor she always wanted to marry? :rawr:

Are you even allowed to be a practicing nurse after not working for 13 (?) years? I hope not, because it seems like you'd forget everything.