IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

On 9/2/2016 at 0:24 PM, karen77 said:

I dont' mind the backwards hat. the sideways one is a bit ridiculous.

Because he doesn't know if he is coming or going

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, karen77 said:

which shop??? (LP? Maybe I need to stop in!)

The Lovers on Meridian St not far from Ross and Home Depot.

13 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I know it's dumb but I would love if Jessa "stole" Jill's girl name of Selah or whatever it was.

Half of me wants them to be  totally normal sisters who are different but get along, but the drama hound in me would love it if they totally hated each other's guts Edith and Mary-style and they'd "steal" names from each other and take swipes at each other's husbands.

Personally I'm rooting for Zwingli, or maybe some wacky Puritan name like Resolved or Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery (little dig at Smuggar, of course).

:pb_lol:

I really needed that laugh! Bunyan Fly Fornication Seewald indeed! I thought Spurgeon was a snark name at first, turned out to be real so anything is possible with these folks.

5 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I hope Jessa has a boy. She could be like the Weasleys- 6 rowdy boys before the dreamed-about daughter

I hope that happens for every one of the Duggar children.  Maybe it'll help prevent the creation of J-slaves second generation.

5 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

I hope that happens for every one of the Duggar children.  Maybe it'll help prevent the creation of J-slaves second generation.

In a way, I'm really glad it happened to Sierra. Having three boys in succession before two girls might slow her down, at least until the girls are old enough to be Slayyyyvez (if the Duggar girls are J'Slaves, the Dominguez girls, with all the gratuitous cutesy spellings, should be Slayyyyyyvez).

13 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

For your consideration:

J'slaves are bad, but at least the Duggars turned out to be decently normal and almost functional adults.  Meanwhile, FamTeam is creepy beyond words, and I'm pretty sure NO ONE in that family is even sort of functional outside of their creepy enmeshed family structure.  I mean, sure a pack of boys might force the Duggars to surface a bit...but it also might cause them to dive deeper into weird fundie-dom.  The Arndts are a great example that when faced with a quiver full of boys, not all Fundie families will rethink their beliefs.  

It's a dangerous game.  Personally, I think Jessa would go more "normal" under stress, whereas Jill would double down and create FamTeam 2.0.  

And the world really does not need more Arndts.  There simply aren't enough creepy penguin figurines to support that.  

43 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

For your consideration:

J'slaves are bad, but at least the Duggars turned out to be decently normal and almost functional adults.  Meanwhile, FamTeam is creepy beyond words, and I'm pretty sure NO ONE in that family is even sort of functional outside of their creepy enmeshed family structure.  I mean, sure a pack of boys might force the Duggars to surface a bit...but it also might cause them to dive deeper into weird fundie-dom.  The Arndts are a great example that when faced with a quiver full of boys, not all Fundie families will rethink their beliefs.  

It's a dangerous game.  Personally, I think Jessa would go more "normal" under stress, whereas Jill would double down and create FamTeam 2.0.  

And the world really does not need more Arndts.  There simply aren't enough creepy penguin figurines to support that.  

I have to disagree the Arndts are creepy, sure... But not functional? Nope, they're supposedly nice and have businesses and careers outside the home where they're actually talented. The Duggars are lazy grifters very much still into the fundie bubble, some are married but marriage isn't the only important goal in life, without the show the duggar kids have no chance of survival in the real world unlike the Ardnts.

Just now, HermioneSparrow said:

I have to disagree the Arndts are creepy, sure... But not functional? Nope, they're supposedly nice and have businesses and careers outside the home were they're actually talented. The Duggars are lazy grifters very much still into the fundie bubble, some are married but marriage isn't the only important goal in life, without the show the duggar kids have no chance of survival in the real world unlike the Ardnts.

I think there's two different definitions of survival: emotional and financial.  Ideally, an adult has both the emotional capacity and the financial capacity to support a life independent of their parents.  

The Arndts and Duggars are very one-sided.  The Duggars do seem to have the emotional ability to "leave and cleave", however difficult it is for some of them.  However, they are ultimately able to restructure their family relationships in such a way as to have an adult romantic relationship and begin a quasi-independent family.  They're just some of the most useless people on the planet apart from that.

The Arndts could make all the money in the world and STILL be unable to live or function as adults because I simply do not think they have the emotional capacity or interpersonal social skills to create adult relationships independent of their family unit.  I don't see an Arndt ever having a courtship or marriage.  I don't see them being able to live away from or form substantial relationships outside of the family.

To me, I guess it comes down to "money isn't everything".  The Duggars are useless, but faced with poverty, they could get unskilled jobs.  They don't have the potential to bring in Arndt-level cash, but they could do something to support themselves.  Sure, they currently are not, but if someone handed me a gravy train, I wouldn't either.

But the Arndts?  I feel like there is no fixing the stunted and enmeshed emotional state of their kids, and I'm not sure that healthy, meaningful relationships outside of their family unit are even a possibility for them.  Even were they to live on their own, I don't think they would be able to live a full adult life with friends, their own family, a social calendar, etc.  

I have not invested any time in the Ardnt Family, but IMO, the 2nd generation Duggars are a total failure at leave and cleave and independent living. Josh left...and failed. Jill left and presented as a mess. The rest have not left. JD might have a job independent of his family, the rest do not. I see no emotional independence in any of the 2nd generation Duggars. Aside from the family show, none of the Duggars beyond, perhaps, JD has a job.

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

In a way, I'm really glad it happened to Sierra. Having three boys in succession before two girls might slow her down, at least until the girls are old enough to be Slayyyyvez (if the Duggar girls are J'Slaves, the Dominguez girls, with all the gratuitous cutesy spellings, should be Slayyyyyyvez).

I don't think anything is going to slow her down. I feel she seems like one of those people who on the outside will smile but on the inside she's screaming. Maybe not yet. But eventually.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

I don't think anything is going to slow her down. I feel she seems like one of those people who on the outside will smile but on the inside she's screaming. Maybe not yet. But eventually.

you can already tell she has no patience - just watch one of her last videos - singing happy birthday to girl number 1 while using her stern voice with son number 1

it's an act.

Well, I don't think the stern voice means no patience. I just watched the video and it seems pretty standard parenting stuff to me.

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I have not invested any time in the Ardnt Family, but IMO, the 2nd generation Duggars are a total failure at leave and cleave and independent living. Josh left...and failed. Jill left and presented as a mess. The rest have not left. JD might have a job independent of his family, the rest do not. I see no emotional independence in any of the 2nd generation Duggars. Aside from the family show, none of the Duggars beyond, perhaps, JD has a job.

Shit the first generation are failures too. I hold out hope for the third generations

Miss the official announcement but Jessa nobody gives a fuck that you're pregnant again. I was expecting a people cover. But damn people magazine even got tired of them. 

This girl I know just recently named her new born son Kal-El.... As in superman

Me and my Bf are debating on weather this is worse or better than Spurgeon

Spurgeon might be more accepted If he stays fundie as he grows, he can marry a Calvina or something

But then again, Kal-El could just move to utah and fit right in

7 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I am deeply confused about this post

Well, they've said in the past that they pray for their leaders-- mainly so that their leaders will make decisions the Duggars agree with. Obama is at a summit this week, and Ben may be keeping up with what's happening. Apparently Obama was called "a son of a whore," which.... is pretty disrespectful. Mostly to his mother, but generally as well.

9 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I am deeply confused about this post

Same. Is it snark? Like, I'll be praying for you?

Is it in earnest?

Is it to show how much more righteous he is because he even prays for the Muslim liberal anti-christ?

6 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Is it in earnest?

Is it to show how much more righteous he is because he even prays for the Muslim liberal anti-christ?

No, I really think that he is praying for the president (I know that we pray for him every week at church and my church isn't a fan of his policies).

40 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Is it in earnest?

I don't think it's snark, just asking God to guide Obama's decision making... towards Duggar-approved choices, of course! It's common in many churches to pray for political leaders safety and guidance. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived