IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

1 hour ago, Gobbles said:

I read "Hartz4Jesus" because "Hartz 4" is some sort of welfare for long-term jobless people here. Kinda fitting. Especially if you read that quote from Wikipedia: "Meanwhile, Hartz IV has become a synonym for the class of non-working poor and is used as a prefix in multiple contexts (i.e. low-brow daytime television programmes are called "Hartz IV TV" by critics)."

He definitely fits into that category.

We call them Dole Scum here in the UK. I'm currently Dole Scum myself as I'm too ill to work. Day time TV and constant cups of tea FTW!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

We call them Dole Scum here in the UK. I'm currently Dole Scum myself as I'm too ill to work. Day time TV and constant cups of tea FTW!

I'm currently (or well I made my Dad do it, because I can't stand those offices after what happened a few years ago) trying to get a special kind of money for people with disabilities. I can only work once a week for a few hours and my parents pay everything for me. I was afraid to do it for a long time, but now I gave my Dad the approval to go and see if I can get that or not. No day time TV watcher though. German day time TV sucks. 

The backwards hat doesn't bother me too much. 

When I'm wearing a baseball hat out in the sun, I usually turn it around when I go inside or when I'm talking to someone but still want my head covered. It seems more polite I guess?

Maybe he insists on wearing a hat but the filming crew has told him to keep it backwards for filming purposes so the audience can see his face better. Like how Presidents are advised against wearing sunglasses. Or how in The Killing everyone wore rain coats but no one's hood was up even when it was raining.

33 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

When I'm wearing a baseball hat out in the sun, I usually turn it around when I go inside or when I'm talking to someone but still want my head covered. It seems more polite I guess?

Maybe he insists on wearing a hat but the filming crew has told him to keep it backwards for filming purposes so the audience can see his face better. Like how Presidents are advised against wearing sunglasses. Or how in The Killing everyone wore rain coats but no one's hood was up even when it was raining.

I dont' mind the backwards hat. the sideways one is a bit ridiculous.

I would like to smack that baseball cap right off his empty head. Jesus Christ! You're married with kids, not some stupid 19 year old street rat. 

He's a fucking idiot and his wife is a royal, self-righteous bitch.

I feel better now. 

Watching that clip made me want tacos, and I've already had a mini pizza and a bowl of Pad Thai for dinner.

That eyebrow wiggle of Jessa's, though... the last thing I want after tacos is to wiggle my eyebrows seductively at my SO and participate in the implied activities.

On 8/23/2016 at 5:38 PM, Italiangirl said:

Oh my, the last is fantastic! I can't stop :56247958035f1_32(18): Sorry Kid Seewald is perfect for them. Please choose that and make me happy for once!!! 

I've been reading Michael K for quite some time now and I just love his Duggar coverage. 

8 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Makes sense. I don't mind Ben wearing it as he is young. Men wearing backward hats (as opposed to Ben not quite grown man) sends off creepy vibes. I know a man who coached a teen girls  basketball team and he started showing up in backwards hats. The girls would snicker at him behind his back because he looked ridiculous. He was eventually fired for inappropriate behavior towards one of those teen girls. It makes them look like they are trying too hard to look 'young and cool' ick. And yes ffs close your mouth when chewing. 

For the record I often choose a hole in the wall taco joint for date night myself. I like what I like!

If Ben was in the UK he would have adopted the Manchester swagger by now, demonstrated by the glorious Kevin and Perry:

19 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

If Ben was in the UK he would have adopted the Manchester swagger by now, demonstrated by the glorious Kevin and Perry:

I haven't watched Harry Enfield for years. Thank you for reminding me just how funny he is!

I found this article from 2013 about Puritan names and immediately thought of the Seewalds.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/09/13/puritan_names_lists_of_bizarre_religious_nomenclature_used_by_puritans.html

Might I suggest "Freegift" for baby #2?

And if you pronounce "Job" like the thing people do to earn money, "Job-raked-out-of-the-ashes" describes what I hope all the Duggars will be doing once the TLC gravy train derails.

8 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfTacos said:

I found this article from 2013 about Puritan names and immediately thought of the Seewalds.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/09/13/puritan_names_lists_of_bizarre_religious_nomenclature_used_by_puritans.html

Might I suggest "Freegift" for baby #2?

And if you pronounce "Job" like the thing people do to earn money, "Job-raked-out-of-the-ashes" describes what I hope all the Duggars will be doing once the TLC gravy train derails.

I could totally see the Seewalds going for something like If-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned or Fight-the-good-fight-of-faith. Verity and Felicity are far too mainstream for them, IMO.

My favourite on that list? Fly-fornication :D 

On 8/30/2016 at 6:21 PM, Iamtheway said:

My baby faced up too, but I actually didn't find that bit of the birth so hard. I wouldn't say it was fun, but at least something was happening and after the horribly painfull opening up phase everything felt easier. It had also been 53 hours so I just wanted him out!

I popped like ten years before I even got pregnant. :)

Carry most of my over weight on my stomach so I always look a bit pregnant, which was horrible during the five years we were trying to get pregnant. But good once I was since I could wait until after my 18 week scan to tell people. 

Yep...I'm right there with you. I have a small chest so it makes my gut seem even bigger (and more pregnant.) I always worry people will ask me when I'm due....but we're done having kids.

On 9/1/2016 at 9:29 PM, KnittingOwl said:

That's so weird to me. I don't understand their support of the sports given that they aren't really in favor of college at all. 

I guess College Minus and Crown don't have sports teams. ;)

::HUGS::

I hate to say that it's really sleep-deprivation brain. Or that the baby gets part of your brain. Because my DD is 4 1/2 now and I STILL feel that way!

I live in the midwest and everyone goes nuts for college football here. It doesn't matter if they went to that school or not. We don't have any NFL teams, so maybe that's why.

On 8/29/2016 at 3:41 PM, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Is this the same Ireland Baldwin who got called a pig by her lovely father Alec? Poor girl. 

Jana resembles Jennifer Lawrence a bit but I think she looks really similar to Candance Cameron.....even late 90's DJ. Jinger looks like a checkout counter girl that works in my favorite grocery store. Doppelgangers are spooky.  

And Anna looks exactly like the lady who works at the sex shop we went to in Bellingham a couple weeks back :pb_lol:

It's kind of a shame baby will probably begin with S because my weird sense of humour desperately wants Benessa to announce Baby Bunyan 

2 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

It's kind of a shame baby will probably begin with S because my weird sense of humour desperately wants Benessa to announce Baby Bunyan 

If I remember correctly, they specifically said that they're not going with a letter theme- or was that Jill? Either way, I doubt they'll go with all S names. They're hope for Bunyan Fly-Fornication Seewald yet!

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

If I remember correctly, they specifically said that they're not going with a letter theme- or was that Jill? Either way, I doubt they'll go with all S names. They're hope for Bunyan Fly-Fornication Seewald yet!

you are correct - the holy couple said they are going biblical 

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

I think both couples said they wouldn't do a letter theme. They're open to other themes, just not specific letters.

11 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I live in the midwest and everyone goes nuts for college football here. It doesn't matter if they went to that school or not. We don't have any NFL teams, so maybe that's why.

I don't think most people are surprised the Duggars support the Razorbacks because none of them went/are going to the University of Arkansas. People are surprised the Duggars support the Razorbacks because a.) the Duggars are very much against higher education and would never let any of their kids attend the University of Arkansas and b.) the Duggars are anti-organized sports and would never let one of their kids play (organized) football.

Which makes them fucking hypocrites, but that's no surprise at all. ;)

18 hours ago, Alachantal said:

And Anna looks exactly like the lady who works at the sex shop we went to in Bellingham a couple weeks back :pb_lol:

which shop??? (LP? Maybe I need to stop in!)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived