IGNORED

Jinger Wedding Planning - Wedding Gifts Part 2

EmCatlyn

2 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

I think mainly I'll be upset if Jinger wears Jessa's or Jill's dress if they play it off as "buy used, save the difference" since all know TLC will be paying. So that means that Jessa and Jill get their day at the dress shop getting to play princess and Jinger has to put on a happy face for the sake of the Duggar Brand. For Jessa and Jill, their dresses were made to be symbol of their individuality for the show, and taking that away from Jinger is honestly so rude. Even Mechelle got a BRAND NEW DRESS specifically altered for her for their anniversary/vow renewal or whatever they did.

If Jinger really does love Jessa or Jill's dress, by all means, wear it again. But if she's being forced to wear it for some reason or another, I am not for that. She can find a vintage dress for a few hundred dollars if they are honestly worried about money.

OR slap a cute shrug or even a nice cardigan over this $295 dress from bhldn and call it a day

38129623_011_a?$zoom-xl$

Nah, to show what a MARTYR FOR MODESTY the Duggar girls are, they'd buy that dress and make Jana sew the fugliest sleeves possible onto it, plus an extra modesty panel in case Jinger's dirtypillows spring forth from her neck.

I really, really want Jinger to wear a dress like this with a pretty shrug or capelet, but I have a feeling that she'll be pressured into the Nuptial T-Shirt style of wedding gown.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they'd have to be puff sleeves to please JB. Remember M's dress for the 25th vow renewal?

Stepping away from the Boho-chic for a while, I could really see Jinger in something like this, 1950's city chic instead.

(Of course, never in a million years would they buy from "fairygothmother" or choose a dress called "Delilah") ;) 

delilah.jpg

34 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

Stepping away from the Boho-chic for a while, I could really see Jinger in something like this, 1950's city chic instead.

(Of course, never in a million years would they buy from "fairygothmother" or choose a dress called "Delilah") ;) 

delilah.jpg

That is a very pretty dress. I think Gothard has a rule about lace though. I'm not sure if it's lace in general or just when you can see skin through it.

Ok, the more I look at it the more I like that dress!

11 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

That is a very pretty dress. I think Gothard has a rule about lace though. I'm not sure if it's lace in general or just when you can see skin through it.

Ok, the more I look at it the more I like that dress!

It's very low backed as well which is another strike against it ;) I do like it though

52 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

delilah.jpg

I am a bridesmaid in a 50's themed wedding. THe dress are being made by her grandma and are amazing. Jinger would look amazing in that. 

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

delilah.jpg

It's quite a bit like the one I shared a couple days ago that my mom wore in 1955, only hers had a collar and buttons.

@CoveredInBees I love that one.

At least, mostly. I love the bodice, belt, skirt, collar, gloves and fascinator. Something about the sleeves dresses it down a little.

Still, replace the sheer top with an overblouse of moiré or maybe an eyelet fabric; those have been kind of a thing for the past year or so, and it would be perfect for her. If only we had the dressing of her.

15 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

If only we had the dressing of her.

She'd look fabulous, it would be modest, and still pretty, and it wouldn't cost the farm!!

34 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

@CoveredInBees I love that one.

At least, mostly. I love the bodice, belt, skirt, collar, gloves and fascinator. Something about the sleeves dresses it down a little.

Still, replace the sheer top with an overblouse of moiré or maybe an eyelet fabric; those have been kind of a thing for the past year or so, and it would be perfect for her. If only we had the dressing of her.

She could do a Princess Margaret to fundie it up a bit, a little longer, less sheer, sleeves.... (I'm getting carried away now)

princessmargaret.jpg

Combining that with the wide band sash of Princess Grace's dress would be pretty cool on so slender Jinger. That was for the religious ceremony.

I'm also fond of her civil ceremony costume; two-piece pale pink taffeta, tea length, with an overlay of champagne lace. And the main reason I'm fond of it is that it inspired women to wear similar dresses to their own weddings, so there was a brief trend of pretty pink wedding dresses in the mid-late 50s. But I guess a Duggar girl wouldn't wear a pink wedding dress.

Say what you will about Wallis Simpson, but her dress would totally fit Duggar modesty standards and would look FAB on Jinger.

Spoiler

wallis-simpson-wedding-dress.jpg

5 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

delilah.jpg

That dress  is adorable.  I am so over the boho look, it has been done to death.  Sad that Jinger just latched onto it 5 years after it was a look. Everyone who's had a wedding in the last 5 years has gone the Boho route it seems. Mason jars and flowers in the hair rustic country meets Boho, that was Jill's wedding minus her dress. 

This is gorgeous and would suit Jinger! Not sure if it meets the modesty guidelines though. Does one need to be super extra modest when marrying a minister?

467025_a.jpg

6 minutes ago, Teacup said:

I love the lacey sleeves look! But is that considered modest enough?

I think as long as the relevant parts of the shoulders and neckline are covered with non-sheer fabric or thick lace appliques, it wouldn't matter how sheer the rest of the sleeves are.  Like, I think Jinger could get away with this because the appliques are quite thick over the shoulder and chest area:

image.jpeg

I just checked, there is a thread here about Gothard's modesty standards. In the thread there are links to the Recovering Grace website with pictures from his so called Wisdom Booklets.  Gothard does not approve of lace that allows skin to be visible so that really pretty dress @CoveredInBees posted would be out even if it didn't have a plunging back. 

So many pointless limitations...sigh.

1 hour ago, Gossamer1 said:

I just checked, there is a thread here about Gothard's modesty standards. In the thread there are links to the Recovering Grace website with pictures from his so called Wisdom Booklets.  Gothard does not approve of lace that allows skin to be visible so that really pretty dress @CoveredInBees posted would be out even if it didn't have a plunging back. 

So many pointless limitations...sigh.

Wow. I've just followed that link to here: http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2015/12/an-ati-education-chapter-3-thou-shalt-not-trap-the-eye/

The page with the (completely non offensive) outfits is just insane. None of them are immodest in the slightest. We may as well just throw a sheet over a woman and have done with it. And yes, pointless limitations, created by a pointless man.

It's not as if we're suggesting something like this ;)

revealing-wedding-dress-1.jpg

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

Wow. I've just followed that link to here: http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2015/12/an-ati-education-chapter-3-thou-shalt-not-trap-the-eye/

The page with the (completely non offensive) outfits is just insane. None of them are immodest in the slightest. We may as well just throw a sheet over a woman and have done with it. And yes, pointless limitations, created by a pointless man.

It's not as if we're suggesting something like this ;)

revealing-wedding-dress-1.jpg

Ok, I admit I don't understand most couture designs but the part I find offensive...that bow on top of her head. 

On 8/12/2016 at 0:25 PM, backyard sylph said:

Combining that with the wide band sash of Princess Grace's dress would be pretty cool on so slender Jinger. That was for the religious ceremony.

I'm also fond of her civil ceremony costume; two-piece pale pink taffeta, tea length, with an overlay of champagne lace. And the main reason I'm fond of it is that it inspired women to wear similar dresses to their own weddings, so there was a brief trend of pretty pink wedding dresses in the mid-late 50s. But I guess a Duggar girl wouldn't wear a pink wedding dress.

Jessa did. ;)

10 minutes ago, Adrienne83 said:

Jessa did. ;)

I didn't even remember that! For heaven's sake. And/but pink wasn't "virginal." :pb_rollseyes:

Archived