IGNORED

Jinger Wedding Planning - Wedding Gifts Part 2

EmCatlyn

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Have I ever mentioned - I fucking hate my kindle!

Expert Kindle know-how desperately wanted here.

Which Kindle do you have? I love my simple e-reader Kindle. But I guess you're using a diff. model.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Kak said:

Which Kindle do you have? I love my simple e-reader Kindle. But I guess you're using a diff. model.

I loved my simple e-reader.  When it finally broke I upgraded to a Fire.  I don't like the Fire but I was dealing with it quite well until they loaded a whole lot of fancy improvements a few months ago that messed me up.  I'm pathetic!

8 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

For this we get a dead parrot.

687474703a2f2f666d696c6974616f2e6769746875622e696f2f646561642d706172726f742f64702e706e67.png.196cc5af94e873d92f581e7200085882.png 

It's not dead -- it's just pining for the fjords!

So, where will they honeymoon? A TLC funded trip to Jeremy's ancestral homeland? Italy is mighty nice in October!

Or will it need be someplace different --didn't BenJessa do Italy + France?

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So, where will they honeymoon? A TLC funded trip to Jeremy's ancestral homeland? Italy is mighty nice in October!

Or will it need be someplace different --didn't BenJessa do Italy + France?

Dollywood, the Walk of Fame, or even better Mount Rushmore 

8 hours ago, Carol said:

This is the "Remove-A-Tier" MOB or MOG dress.  Remove the tiers for a different look at each wedding depending on your modesty needs!  Switch out the tiers for a different look!  Your friends will never suspect it's the same dress!

I now have the image of Michelle doing the dance of the seven veils in my head..........

Thanks ;) 

1 hour ago, Pandora Spocks said:

It's not dead -- it's just pining for the fjords!

HE'S NOT PINING! HE HAS PASSED ON! THIS PARROT IS NO MORE! HE HAS CEASED TO BE! HE'S EXPIRED AND GONE TO MEET HIS MAKER! HE'S A STIFF! BEREFT OF LIFE, HE RESTS IN PEACE! IF YOU HADN'T NAILED HIM TO THE PERCH HE'D BE PUSHING UP THE DAISIES! HE'S KICKED THE BUCKET, RUN DOWN THE CURTAIN AND JOINED THE CHOIR INVISIBLE! 

THIS IS AN EX PARROT!!!

7 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

Cards Against Humanity, the ultimate Duggar wedding gift. (tbh, I've never played... I just know of it.)

For real, how is there not a Duggar expansion set for Cards against Humanity?  That would be AMAZING!

22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

For real, how is there not a Duggar expansion set for Cards against Humanity?  That would be AMAZING!

The Tumblr account "wtffundiefamilies" has done online CAH rounds with Duggar themed cards. I don't understand the online version. I've played the physical version though- admittedly only twice and with the same group of people- but I won both times. :D

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I loved my simple e-reader.  When it finally broke I upgraded to a Fire.  I don't like the Fire but I was dealing with it quite well until they loaded a whole lot of fancy improvements a few months ago that messed me up.  I'm pathetic!

Oh yes,  "improvements". Happens to us all. You're not pathetic.

This seems like an appropriate spot to mention something that has risen to the top of my head again recently. Of all the girls..I think Jinger might actually be disturbed to get random attention from fans (especially if it seemed like it was fj) I am curious to see what sort of registry she comes up with. I do not get the impression she is a televised wedding type of gal-at all. Feel bad for her.

I've always thought that when and if she thinks about the idea of an internet forum named after her it probably does nothing good to help whatever issues she's got going on.

@AliceInFundyland we did have a verified insider* come here once who said that Jinger knew about FJ but thought the idea of her needing to be freed was really funny.  I think he also said they don't read here at all, but this was a few years ago.

I hope they don't read here because the children - including the ones who are now young adults - did not make the original decision to sell their privacy on TV.  I think if the adult children want to continue on TV after they are married - or are out of the house and independent of the parents - then that is on them.   They can earn a living away TV if they really want to, just like regular folks.

FJ isn't the only forum where they are discussed anyway.  The comments on places like Radar on Line can be really vicious.  They make us seem almost kind, even on our worst days.

Jinger does seem a bit shyer and more retiring than either Jill or Jessa.  I've always had the impression that Jana, JD and Joseph really weren't keen on being filmed, but that is only a theory.

*This guy was who he said he was and did have genuine Fundie connections. He was a bit of a gossip though.   

2 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

This seems like an appropriate spot to mention something that has risen to the top of my head again recently. Of all the girls..I think Jinger might actually be disturbed to get random attention from fans (especially if it seemed like it was fj) I am curious to see what sort of registry she comes up with. I do not get the impression she is a televised wedding type of gal-at all. Feel bad for her.

I've always thought that when and if she thinks about the idea of an internet forum named after her it probably does nothing good to help whatever issues she's got going on.

Two things: First, let me repeat that my suggestion that we all send Jinger a present was a joke!  Aside from the fact that I don't know how we would agree on a gift or how to collect money for it, I am opposed to the idea of sending those grifters stuff. (Well, maybe some progressive tracts...) More importantly, I would think (as @AliceInFundyland suggests above) that it would be distressing if not offensive to Jinger to get something from FJ.  

Related to this, I agree that if/when Jinger found out about this site she must have been at least slightly bothered.  In her place I might find it intrusive.   She is a TV personality, so we have the right to use her name, but yeah, I kind of feel for her.  My own name is a little unusual and it always bothers me when unappealing characters in movies have it.  And if someone named a site FreeEmCat, I would be annoyed that they thought I needed freeing.

@EmCatlyn I also know you weren't serious. I've just mused on this a ton. I wasn't calling you out. I was thinking about the inner workings of Miss Jinger's brain and this site and I thought this thread seemed a better spot for it then the high traffic of her other thread.

My name is quite unusual. I am highly googleable. So I would flip. the. fuck. out.  I think that is part of why I fixate on it.

I would think that the surface response would be "hahaha of course I don't need freeing we aren't a cult. My family is loving and wonderful. hahahaha" Then I would just bury it deep. I don't like all that abuser speculation. I wonder though, what happened to give Jinger her 'humble and meek' personality. That was not the original Jinger.

So, yeah...what's going on in there? JTTH? 10 years of tv? distant knowledge of an internet forum named after her? The visible appearance changes? The scandals with her older brother? She's free now. I hope she is happy. I hope he is a good dude. But I wonder about her true personality so much more than her sisters.

I'll be fascinated if she gets an instagram too.

I think Jessa has trained Jinger well. What with everything that is happening.  That is what they do - that is why they are best friends and sisters.  It had to be Jinger.  It couldn't be joy or Jana.  It had to be Jinger. 

I think if Jinger were to receive anything from fans she would accept it. I bet fans / humpers will send Bohemian stuff. 

Besides she already has seen fans and humpers send stuff through the mail to both Jill and Jessa. 

This is not new for Jinger.  What is new is she will be getting the receiving.  And I am now thinking that Jessa is training Jinger in every respect.  It looks like Jessa is in every shot when it comes to Jinger being seen with Jeremy. 

I think Jessa introduced Jinger to Jeremy because she wanted her sister to be an equal and not a Jana. 

4 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

But I wonder about her true personality so much more than her sisters.

I'll be fascinated if she gets an instagram too.

I am also intrigued by her true personality.  

I think the instagram account is due on the 22nd of August. 

Remember she is following her role model ie Mrs Jessa Seewald 

3 hours ago, nst said:

I am also intrigued by her true personality.  

After a month of hateful posts we won't be able to make any more excuses for her. We don't want to know the real Jinger, and you know it

I think it would be so beautiful if they got married in that glass chapel where she took Sierra's family pics. What a beautiful setting. So much better than a huge stark white church so I'm sure they won't choose it. 

31 minutes ago, Purrl said:

I think it would be so beautiful if they got married in that glass chapel where she took Sierra's family pics. What a beautiful setting. So much better than a huge stark white church so I'm sure they won't choose it. 

No way that chapel can handle the eleventy thousand people they invite. Nope, strip mall-looking megachurch for the ceremony, freezing cold parking lot for the reception, Sierra-bungled attempt at a trendy dessert for food.

17 hours ago, Kyoo said:

I misread the thread title as "Wedding Grift" and thought it entirely appropriate, given her sister's behavior.

I also read it as 'grift.'

My wedding gift suggestion: top of the line decaf coffee for when she's (inevitably) pregnant. Perhaps enough to last through several pregnancies.

Since the Duggars appreciate modesty so much, and since the wedding will probably be a fall wedding, here's a couple of suggestions they should consider:

ugly_b51.jpg

ugly_b60.jpg

This one might be a better choice than the hot little floral number above. There's nothing showing but their faces.

ugly-4.jpg

I'm kinda digging the yellow velvet empire waisted ensembles.  And the flesh is all covered up!

I like the dresses with the matching curtains. That's a look I never would have imagined.

Archived