IGNORED

Jinger Wedding Planning - Wedding Gifts Part 2

EmCatlyn

I think Jinger would look great in this dress. And these bridesmaid dresses...they would work but not this color for fall. (Personally not a fan of them, too much like the modern version of the yellow bridesmaids earlier in this thread!)

vintage-modest-lace-wedding-dress-laura-ieiedress-1_grande.jpg

hippie-boho-bohemian-style-bridesmaid-dresses-ideas-2015-intended-for-boho-wedding-bridesmaid-dresses-at-texas.jpeg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could seen Jing in a dress like this (with modesty panel of course)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_melissa-sweet-wedding-dress-with-flutter-sleeves-ms251133_all-wedding-dresses

I assumed that the Duggars had a deal with Allure since Jessa and and Jill got their dresses from them. Idk if that is still on since their fall from grace, but looking at the allure website I dont see anything that screams Jinger to me.

On 7/30/2016 at 8:06 PM, Sydney Fox said:

My parents owned a couch that looked just like that. We rented a house and the carpet was a different, clashing orange floral. Yes, it was bad, very bad. :puke-front:

Ahh the 70's

4 hours ago, artdecades said:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_melissa-sweet-wedding-dress-with-flutter-sleeves-ms251133_all-wedding-dresses

I assumed that the Duggars had a deal with Allure since Jessa and and Jill got their dresses from them. Idk if that is still on since their fall from grace, but looking at the allure website I dont see anything that screams Jinger to me.

That dress is very Jinger, I like it! Bit low cut tho hey. Better ruin it with a super high modesty panel.

The bottom picture could be my sister's wedding, except her bridesmaids dresses were a sick beige color a new had square necks. Around 1986

(bottom of the previous group)

I wonder if they'll still register for 50k worth of stuff. I assume since Jeremy has been on his own for a while he has a lot of his own things. 

Bigger question is does he have a HEATHEN APARTMENT or will he be grifted a home?

6 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I wonder if they'll still register for 50k worth of stuff. I assume since Jeremy has been on his own for a while he has a lot of his own things. 

Bigger question is does he have a HEATHEN APARTMENT or will he be grifted a home?

I totally forgot we will be subjected to a wedding registry  - and I bet they will get a house 

should be entertaining 

What would happen if Jeremy -or another fundie male - responded to JB with, "No thank you, I take pride in taking care of my wife, we'll save money for a home. " I have a friend right now who is in that position. FIL (they got money) offered to buy them their first home. She and hubby are very proud and self sufficient, and have repeatedly told him thank you, but no. 

I don't like the fundie willingness to just TAKE. 

13 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I don't like the fundie willingness to just TAKE. 

Silly, they don't TAKE, God BLESSES them. Totally different thing don't you know. 

1 hour ago, Gossamer1 said:

Silly, they don't TAKE, God BLESSES them. Totally different thing don't you know. 

I guess because I'm a heathen feminist Catholic I'm not eligible for blessings :crying-green: 

On August 2, 2016 at 5:07 AM, Teacup said:

Evidently these are 'temple worthy wedding dresses'. I thought they were nightgowns. So here you go, wedding night attire.9726028_orig.jpg

The bare feet on the "brides" just add to the nightgown effect, don't they?  #3 looks especially underwear-ish: extremely modest corset cover and slip/petticoat.

Look what I jut ordered for my son and soon to be dil wedding.....

Think Jinger will have anything like it? Gosh I hope not....lol

wedding forks.jpg

On 8/1/2016 at 9:25 PM, artdecades said:

I don't think Jill's was Allure. At least not from the modest line. IIRC, it was a strapless number they had to build up. She had the DC bridal shop party, which was more about the place (they liveblogged during the show with Jill) than the dress. Jessa, however, went to a shop that carried the Allure Modest line. My pick for Jinger (back in topic #1) was from that line. 

My ideal wedding gift for Jinger would be an appointment with a make up artist. So someone can finally teach her how to get that eyeliner and bronzer under control. If she keeps it up I am scared to see what she will look like at 70 years old with all that crap on her face.

On 8/2/2016 at 2:07 AM, Teacup said:

Evidently these are 'temple worthy wedding dresses'. I thought they were nightgowns. So here you go, wedding night attire.9726028_orig.jpg

If those came in other colors, one would be perfect for Michelle.

On 8/2/2016 at 1:02 PM, Mela99 said:

She's a Duggar, if she's like her sisters grifting should come as naturally as breathing.

On 8/3/2016 at 3:00 PM, marmalade said:

I don't think Jill's was Allure. At least not from the modest line. IIRC, it was a strapless number they had to build up. She had the DC bridal shop party, which was more about the place (they liveblogged during the show with Jill) than the dress. Jessa, however, went to a shop that carried the Allure Modest line. My pick for Jinger (back in topic #1) was from that line. 

It was Allure, just not the modest line

http://starcasm.net/archives/278019

So not worth it considering there are a lot of pre-made modest dresses that look beautiful. But fundies have to be special. An already modest dress doesn't let them brag about how they had to alter the dress.

On 8/2/2016 at 3:07 AM, Teacup said:

hahaha these are not wedding dresses, just dresses to wear in the temple, every one has to wear white.

Men even get white 'hankies"

They do look like nightgowns to me though, and the third one look like a bleached version of Michelle's usual outfit. :heheh:

I wonder why they are barefoot? 

@Jessalyn, could those be gowns worn in proxy baptisms and that's why the women are barefoot?  I don't believe the Mormons sprinkle or infuse (pour).  They immerse, don't they?

On 8/2/2016 at 1:12 PM, Chicken bones said:

I think Jinger would look great in this dress. And these bridesmaid dresses...they would work but not this color for fall. (Personally not a fan of them, too much like the modern version of the yellow bridesmaids earlier in this thread!)

vintage-modest-lace-wedding-dress-laura-ieiedress-1_grande.jpg

hippie-boho-bohemian-style-bridesmaid-dresses-ideas-2015-intended-for-boho-wedding-bridesmaid-dresses-at-texas.jpeg

Love those!

Question is how long Jinger has actually been engaged.  With Jill and Jessa before her they had such short engagements they would have been limited in terms of what they could buy in terms of wedding dresses. Possible that they have more time now.

Still, I think they'll go with one of the major modest labels, because they're nothing if not generic. 

I'm predicting she goes with something that's more traditional than boho, perhaps because she'll be pressured into it. So I can see her wearing something like this, which is not too far removed from the usual t-shirt dress, but is not dissimilar to what Jessa wore. She won't go with pink though.

TB7698-1000x1320.jpg

This is what I'd pick for her myself though:

this top:

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 12.05.18 AM.png

worn on top of a simple dress like this one:

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 12.38.57 AM.png

I'm picking tulle whatever happens because it's the IN fabric right now. 

As for bridesmaids dresses, they'll no doubt be handmade and satin. But if they were buying them, these would be my pick (Dainty Jewels):

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 12.29.43 AM.png

If someone goes off the rails into forbidden speculation or even touching on speculation, please do not quote them or be tempted into a discussion of it.  Your post will at a minimum be hidden and you may find yourself following the rule breaker into warning points.  Thank you!

The molestation affected the whole family, not just those directly involved. Even the ones who weren't born then felt the backlash when the show was cancelled, Josh came home from DC in disgrace,  and was later sent to Jesus Jail. Then Anna moved into the girls' dorm. I can't imagine what those poor kids are thinking and feeling, while they smile sweetly. Makes me shudder.

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

This is what I'd pick for her myself though:

this top:

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 12.05.18 AM.png

worn on top of a simple dress like this one:

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 12.38.57 AM.png

I'm picking tulle whatever happens because it's the IN fabric right now. 

I kind of love this. And it reminds me of my mother's wedding dress, which I have been thinking would suit Jinger very well, so I dragged out a couple photos. They're not great because I had to phone-snap them instead of scanning.

shoes.jpg

cake.jpg

You can see in the cake photo that it's actually a lace blouse buttoned over the bodice. And I like the little cap the veil is attached to.

I think she would do good with a woodsy-type wedding. Pretty flowy dress and a flower headband, kind of like the Jeremy Roloff wedding.

Archived