IGNORED

Jinger Wedding Planning - Wedding Gifts Part 2

EmCatlyn

I vote long sleeved wedding dress with bohemian flower crown (like in this pic but with a more autumn color-scheme for the flowers).

f562d8eadb4673cc987de0812d5418fb.jpg

I like this burgundy color for the bridesmaid dresses.

• efac144f876d65bc0e5cbe2e24684bbf.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Jinger will reuse either a wedding or bridesmaid dress. I actually could see her using Jessa's dress. Not so much any bridesmaid dress though.

On 8/2/2016 at 4:47 PM, Mela99 said:

I wonder if Jinger will reuse either a wedding or bridesmaid dress. I actually could see her using Jessa's dress. Not so much any bridesmaid dress though

---------------------

now this is the saddest thought in the world and probably will be happening and again just shows how interchangeable and screwed up this family is 

disturbing 

I would put up with her re-using the bridesmaids dresses - but the wedding dress is just sick 

SICK 

12 minutes ago, nst said:

I wonder if Jinger will reuse either a wedding or bridesmaid dress. I actually could see her using Jessa's dress. Not so much any bridesmaid dress though

---------------------

now this is the saddest thought in the world and probably will be happening and again just shows how interchangeable and screwed up this family is 

disturbing 

I would put up with her re-using the bridesmaids dresses - but the wedding dress is just sick 

SICK 

In a way, the bridesmaid dress would makes sense, since there's only so many colors in the world. Especially the weddings down the road.  I totally can see Jinger wearing Jessa's wedding dress, or Jana wearing someone's wedding dress if/when she gets married. They have to show us just how thrifty they are. :(

Anna wore her sister's wedding dress, right?

1 minute ago, Adrienne83 said:

In a way, the bridesmaid dress would makes sense, since there's only so many colors in the world. 

Correct. It was rather ill-fitting and had a T-shirt top.

And yeah, I think bridesmaids dresses are one thing, but wedding dresses are another.

If Jinger does get married on October 15th, she should totally use the same color I did for my bridesmaids. Faces whited out for privacy, and not to be creepy.

289872_10100259078835888_1090471824_o.jpg

19 minutes ago, Adrienne83 said:

In a way, the bridesmaid dress would makes sense, since there's only so many colors in the world. Especially the weddings down the road.  I totally can see Jinger wearing Jessa's wedding dress, or Jana wearing someone's wedding dress if/when she gets married. They have to show us just how thrifty they are. :(

Nah, they won't do that. Too good of ratings from wedding planning episodes. They need to have a "J_____ Says Yes to the Dress" and a "J_____ Picks Out Bridesmaid Dresses" episode for each daughter. Their TLC paychecks will cover it.

On 7/26/2016 at 3:56 PM, EmCatlyn said:

(For what it's worth, I can't imagine why anyone on this forum would want to send the Duggars presents.). 

I have to agree, but I know it has happened.

Personally, I don't like the idea of sending the Duggars gifts even as individuals without mentioning FJ. The Duggars are highly privileged members of the leisure class, and the kidults apparently have the purchasing power to obtain just about anything they want or need, from homes to cars to expensive trips, without the necessity of anyone in their nuclear families holding a full-time job or even temporarily going without luxuries so they can save up their funds. I don't think it makes any sense whatsoever for FJ members to spend their hard-earned money on strangers who clearly don't need any assistance.

That said, I do understand the impulse to mark the occasion of Jinger's wedding. For better or worse, we obviously have some investment in these people's lives, or we wouldn't be here. 

Therefore, I would humbly suggest that instead of getting the couple a present they don't need, those who feel they want to celebrate the occasion could each make a donation to the charity of their choice in Jinger and Jeremy's honor instead. I'm sure that Doctors Without Borders, Oxfam, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, The Red Cross, etc. could put that money to much better use, and it would still be a way of marking the event. If Jinger and Jeremy truly believe what they claim to believe, surely they would agree.

The only present I would give to any of these people is contributing to a gofundme for any kid who flees the cult to go to college and has been cut off/disowned by their parents/family. 

9 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

yes and that is the crux of the old show - reusing old ugly stuff. And us the audience buying it. 

now we are talking about a family that has money and can BUY a new gown and probably doesn't even have to pay for it. BECAUSE - Hello TLC 

unless they are trying to make Jinger feel even worse than she does emotionally - they would guilt trip her. 

I can't see Jessa making her - I can see JB making her - I can see Jessa directing the entire thing. I can't believe they would make Jinger use her wedding dress. 

I need to light a candle so that doesn't happen - that would destroy me :D

as for sending the present crapola - i have one word - blah and don't -

9 hours ago, Arix said:

I predict that at least one of the girls will re-wear the dress Mary Duggar and Michelle wore.

I vote for Josie

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Therefore, I would humbly suggest that instead of getting the couple a present they don't need, those who feel they want to celebrate the occasion could each make a donation to the charity of their choice in Jinger and Jeremy's honor instead. I'm sure that Doctors Without Borders, Oxfam, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, The Red Cross, etc. could put that money to much better use, and it would still be a way of marking the event. If Jinger and Jeremy truly believe what they claim to believe, surely they would agree.

For some reason, Planned Parenthood is the group that seems the most logical to me.

45 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

For some reason, Planned Parenthood is the group that seems the most logical to me.

I was thinking the After School Satan Club would work, too :) 

I can't imagine sending a gift, but I've enjoyed some of the snarky ideas on here.

On 8/9/2016 at 8:17 AM, SpoonfulOSugar said:

In the case of Jeremy and Jinger, I think a donation to any Catholic organization would be particularly appropriate. Planned Parenthood works too, but isn't quite as poignant for the man who preaches about the evils of the Vatican and the Pope. 

I think reusing a wedding dress can be sweet! I'm going to a wedding this autumn where the bride will be wearing her grandmother's dress, which has also been used by her mother and sister (altered to fit for each one of course). I wore a dress to my cousin's wedding which my mother wore as a bridesmaid in his father's wedding, that was fun too. 

Now that I think about it, I don't see the problem with a thrifted wedding dress either.

34 minutes ago, akinom said:

I think reusing a wedding dress can be sweet! I'm going to a wedding this autumn where the bride will be wearing her grandmother's dress, which has also been used by her mother and sister (altered to fit for each one of course). I wore a dress to my cousin's wedding which my mother wore as a bridesmaid in his father's wedding, that was fun too. 

Now that I think about it, I don't see the problem with a thrifted wedding dress either.

Those two are completely cool in my book, but wearing your sister's dress not two years after she wore it? Too close together. If she found a pretty vintage dress from a thrift store/vintage shop, or even if she modernized Michelle's dress (though Michelle is more likely to wear the dress herself because MEMEMEMEME), that would be a much nicer way of reusing a wedding dress.

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Those two are completely cool in my book, but wearing your sister's dress not two years after she wore it? Too close together.

I don't see the problem (assuming it's a nice dress of course). These different ideas everyone has about weddings are so interesting! I didn't know of a lot of my own opinions about weddings until I was planning my own:).

I think mainly I'll be upset if Jinger wears Jessa's or Jill's dress if they play it off as "buy used, save the difference" since all know TLC will be paying. So that means that Jessa and Jill get their day at the dress shop getting to play princess and Jinger has to put on a happy face for the sake of the Duggar Brand. For Jessa and Jill, their dresses were made to be symbol of their individuality for the show, and taking that away from Jinger is honestly so rude. Even Mechelle got a BRAND NEW DRESS specifically altered for her for their anniversary/vow renewal or whatever they did.

If Jinger really does love Jessa or Jill's dress, by all means, wear it again. But if she's being forced to wear it for some reason or another, I am not for that. She can find a vintage dress for a few hundred dollars if they are honestly worried about money.

OR slap a cute shrug or even a nice cardigan over this $295 dress from bhldn and call it a day

38129623_011_a?$zoom-xl$

For only a semi-snarky donation idea, I like Heifer International, which provides an animal to a family, usually in a developing country, that will help feed the family. The family is asked to breed the animal and pass on the first born to another family. I like the idea of giving an animal in the Dugger's name that will actually be cared for, unlike the animals tgat have briefly lived in the TTH. They also have projects to help educate children, as well as projects to help women earn money. 

On 8/8/2016 at 10:17 PM, nst said:

---------------------

disturbing 

SICK 

Jessa JUST got  married, that would be so strange. but a lot of families do this. Especially with so many girls to marry off and such huge age gaps between them.  I still see Jinger Jana and Joy getting their own dresses,  but the lost girls, probably not.  Joy will have to, her (This makes me feel creepy like I'm a perv) chest is significantly larger than her sisters, as a large busted woman I notice and yeah, it sucks! 

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jessa JUST got  married, that would be so strange. but a lot of families do this. Especially with so many girls to marry off and such huge age gaps between them.  I still see Jinger Jana and Joy getting their own dresses,  but the lost girls, probably not.  Joy will have to, her (This makes me feel creepy like I'm a perv) chest is significantly larger than her sisters, as a large busted woman I notice and yeah, it sucks! 

Jessa just didn't get married - she got married a year and half ago - they are on a bloody tv show 

the only reason Jessa I bet chose that dress was because it was her style and she was on a tv show

Jinger will have her OWN special EPISODES - choose a BRAND NEW DAMN dress. 

the lost girls - I could care less about - they won't be on the air for much longer - heck they are hardly on now 

Josie will wear a biker outfit and JB won't bat an eye. 

1 hour ago, sophie10130 said:

I think mainly I'll be upset if Jinger wears Jessa's or Jill's dress if they play it off as "buy used, save the difference" since all know TLC will be paying. So that means that Jessa and Jill get their day at the dress shop getting to play princess and Jinger has to put on a happy face for the sake of the Duggar Brand. For Jessa and Jill, their dresses were made to be symbol of their individuality for the show, and taking that away from Jinger is honestly so rude. Even Mechelle got a BRAND NEW DRESS specifically altered for her for their anniversary/vow renewal or whatever they did.

If Jinger really does love Jessa or Jill's dress, by all means, wear it again. But if she's being forced to wear it for some reason or another, I am not for that. She can find a vintage dress for a few hundred dollars if they are honestly worried about money.

OR slap a cute shrug or even a nice cardigan over this $295 dress from bhldn and call it a day

38129623_011_a?$zoom-xl$

Love this dress...far more than either Jill's or Jessa's dresses.

Archived