IGNORED

Jinger Wedding Planning - Wedding Gifts Part 2

EmCatlyn

56 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I didn't even remember that! For heaven's sake. And/but pink wasn't "virginal." :pb_rollseyes:

I think it was just light enough to pass. If I remember correctly, no one seemed to have an issue with the color on the show. Which, really surprised me. I would think blinding white would be a badge of honor for them.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you say all those ugly floral bridesmaids dresses are ugly?  Kim Kardashian wore one to the Met Gala a few years ago.  Five minutes with a sewing machine to fix that pesky exposed leg issue, and it's Duggar appropriate.  It even accommodates a pregnancy, should any of the bridesmaids be pregnant (there's gotta be at least one, right?). 

http://prod.static9.net.au/~/media/93eab6ce5d044b32b24fdc811b6d710d.ashx

38 minutes ago, JMarie said:

How can you say all those ugly floral bridesmaids dresses are ugly?  Kim Kardashian wore one to the Met Gala a few years ago.  Five minutes with a sewing machine to fix that pesky exposed leg issue, and it's Duggar appropriate.  It even accommodates a pregnancy, should any of the bridesmaids be pregnant (there's gotta be at least one, right?). 

That is just AWFUL, so it should be perfect for her bridesmaids. 

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

She wore that on purpose?!?! That dress is beyond hideous.  

If you look closely, she's wearing matching shoes and gloves.  But she'll want the dress back, because she thinks her daughter might want to wear it to prom.  I think whichever Duggar wears the dress should safety-pin the leg slit, instead of sewing it shut.  There won't be any dancing at the reception, so a few pins should do the trick.

http://site.people.com/style/kim-kardashian-saving-met-gala-dreses-for-north/

I thought you were all joking when you said Kim was saving the dress for north....then I read the article. The only one I found nice was the blue one but the rest.....

But it would be a nice dress for the bridesmaids :irony:

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

If you look closely, she's wearing matching shoes and gloves.  But she'll want the dress back, because she thinks her daughter might want to wear it to prom.  I think whichever Duggar wears the dress should safety-pin the leg slit, instead of sewing it shut.  There won't be any dancing at the reception, so a few pins should do the trick.

http://site.people.com/style/kim-kardashian-saving-met-gala-dreses-for-north/

I vote for Duggar bridesmaids in the C3PO-looking dress. Then Michelle can wear her Tin Woodsman's Drunk Grandma dress she wore to Jill's wedding and they can look like a frumpy robot army!

Am I the only person on this planet who does not think KK is pretty? I think she is homely, misshapen, and projects a bad attitude.

She can't help the homely, I suppose, but I suspect the misshapen is from too much plastic surgery, and the bad attitude can change at any time.

37 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Am I the only person on this planet who does not think KK is pretty? I think she is homely, misshapen, and projects a bad attitude.

She can't help the homely, I suppose, but I suspect the misshapen is from too much plastic surgery, and the bad attitude can change at any time.

The bad attitude won't change be cause she is like a Duggar,  but on the opposite extreme. The things i've heard about kris jenner make JB look like a good but just misguided person (I was going to say Saint, but not even with this)

44 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

When she first came on the scene I really did think she was stunningly beautiful, unlike Paris Hilton who she was associated with. I'm always really envious of women with huge doe eyes. But after a combo of plastic surgery (why? she didn't need it at all), overexposure, and seeing her whiny personality, she isn't striking to me anymore. But I suppose that happens with all overexposed celebrities. You stop seeing their face and start seeing a brand. 

There are so many people who work hard and do good, but will never, ever be wealthy (teachers, social workers, nursing home CNAs).  But all the Kardashians are millionaires, even Rob, who seems to do nothing but is still super-rich.  I guess I just don't get the Kardashian worship.  Maybe I'd feel different if they did some kind of philanthropy.  Do a public service announcement, or throw a fundraiser for something worthy.

And we get it, Kim.  You like to take nude selfies.  Please stop.

@Fundie Bunny, I wish I could like your post 1000 times!  I've seen photos of Kim in crap that Kanye has "designed" and she looks terrible!  In one she was wearing some beige/nude and it looked like she was mostly wearing a nude body stocking.  She did not look happy in the picture.  For some crazy reason that no one understands, Anna Wintour, the Editor-in-Chief at Vogue,  seems to worship the quicksand that Kimye walk on.  Anna gets called out on her fan girling of Kimye all the time, but it doesn't seem to help.

That dress with the flower print reminds me of patio furniture cushions we had back in the 60's..:my_huh:

6 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

what her husband dresses her in and what she's done to her ass takes away from the rest of her. i think she's very striking, even in recent times. here is her vogue australia june 2016 cover.

kimk.jpg

She must really love Kanye to wear his "creations" in public haha

you can say alot of things about her, but you cant say she isnt supportive

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

what her husband dresses her in and what she's done to her ass takes away from the rest of her. i think she's very striking, even in recent times. here is her vogue australia june 2016 cover.

kimk.jpg

OK, in this photo, she looks human. Even vaguely pretty. Still attitudinal, but I suppose all models have that. 

Asking here because I don't know if that original Wisdom Booklet thread that was linked is active enough to get a reply. I went over and took a look at those Wisdom Booklets - is that it? That's ATI's entire homeschool curriculum for all grades? Just that over and over? 

10 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I find her not only homely but vapid disgusting and a completely waste of natural resources.  She and her entire family is just a complete waste, they have nothing to offer the world but stupidity and STDs. 

16 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Asking here because I don't know if that original Wisdom Booklet thread that was linked is active enough to get a reply. I went over and took a look at those Wisdom Booklets - is that it? That's ATI's entire homeschool curriculum for all grades? Just that over and over? 

That is quite an old thread and may not bump up to the first page of QOS if it has been archived.  You could try bumping it, start a new topic in QOS (it will probably get more attention there than here) and link to the old thread, or ask on the most recent Gothard thread on QoS. 

@formergothardite is probably the best person to ask anyway.  I am not ex-ATI but my impression is yes, pretty much.  The Wisdom Booklets (AKA Bill Gothard's interminable ramblings) are core IBLP/ATI teaching and there are a mind-boggling 54 of them to cover 9 years of schooling. The Booklets overlap or are often taught in tandem with the Character First curriculum (also very much rooted in Gothardism although they try hard to hide it).  

Some families also supplement with other Christian curricula like A Beka or PACE because obviously the Wisdom Booklets and Character First lack a lot - including wisdom.  

I think the wisdom booklets were designed to be taught to all ages at the same time. Didn't Michelle teach the whole brood about bankruptcy? I obviously failed my wolf cubs by not doing that when they were 5. 

17 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think the wisdom booklets were designed to be taught to all ages at the same time. Didn't Michelle teach the whole brood about bankruptcy? I obviously failed my wolf cubs by not doing that when they were 5. 

Yeah, I believe that's the case, as well. I find it kind of ridiculous how many of these fundie families school all the children at once. There's a reason we have grades in schools nowadays, because children are at different learning stages at different ages. But I suppose when you have eleventy children, it's hard to keep track of individual personalities, abilities, needs, etc. (especially when you're raising them with the intent of a limited set of acceptable life choices). Not to mention how treating people as kidults until they're married, at which point they magically transition to adulthood, must inform the way they look at education. Like, why bother customizing education for the older children if you don't recognize that they are in a wildly different developmental stage with wildly different needs than their younger siblings? 

While I'm sure it's enriching to have children of different ages working together on some learning projects, it can't be good for all subjects all the time. That said, I'm sure the kids do benefit from working together -- probably a lot of families could benefit from more "sibling/family time," just in a less intense, less mandatory way.

On 8/14/2016 at 10:51 AM, Four is Enough said:

The sad thing is she was quite pretty before she went all famewhore plastic. 

52 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

You are a complete failure by Gothard standards.   

Five year olds really can comprehend and take all that bankruptcy stuff to heart even before they can add and subtract properly.:naughty:

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

You are a complete failure by Gothard standards.   

Five year olds really can comprehend and take all that bankruptcy stuff to heart even before they can add and subtract properly.:naughty:

I went on a spree trying to understand last night. I looked all over ATI's website, there's definitely no defined grade levels on when to start, just saying that you can keep doing them into high school. :my_huh:

I opened book one, I can't imagine presenting a five year old with the question of why Jesus needed to go to the mountain to pray (because Moses went to the mountain apparently), etc. etc. 

My only guess is that this is meant to be done all at once with the family, parents included so everyone can be indoctrinated learn together? No wonder everyone is having to supplement. But that's a lot of money! It's $675 for you to get started with 4 of the booklets and their other little junk that goes with them. Supplementing with AOP or A beka's going to run you another $600 plus if you buy their curriculum too. Ridiculous. Highway robbery. 

However, I know there's probably kids out there that these "wisdom" booklets were the only education they received. Maddening how that can be legal. 

Archived