IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I don't think they'd be keen on I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Santa Baby (the one where the woman asks for all of the gifts, like the deed to a platinum mine, a ring, and a car), and that Last Christmas song, either. (That one says something like Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but you threw it away, so this year, I'm giving it to someone special.)

Or Baby it's cold outside.  Not very modest or pure! 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I don't think they'd be keen on I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Santa Baby (the one where the woman asks for all of the gifts, like the deed to a platinum mine, a ring, and a car), and that Last Christmas song, either. (That one says something like Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but you threw it away, so this year, I'm giving it to someone special.)

To be fair, if I was christmas caroling I probably wouldn't sing those songs either. I really don't think a woman making out with santa or singing somewhat sexually to santa, or a song about a breakup is appropriate for all audiences. Sure they are catchy and I'll sing along if they come on the radio but I wouldn't choose those for christmas caroling. 

Do you think they'd like "Christmas Shoes"? Truly the worst Christmas song ever written. It does mention Jesus.

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Do you think they'd like "Christmas Shoes"? Truly the worst Christmas song ever written. It does mention Jesus.

They probably get misty eyed when it comes on the radio.

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

To be fair a lot of people don't like that song. It makes my skin crawl, personally.

I would imagine a lot of the clothes Sierra is selling were gifts. I bet she gets a lot of gifts and hand-me-downs for each child. I always found it odd when these fundie women would give away or sell baby clothes when they know they'll be having more. It makes no sense to me at all. 

Though 150 items in one size is REALLY excessive. 

5 hours ago, princessmahina said:

To be fair a lot of people don't like that song. It makes my skin crawl, personally.

Two people wrote a new version filled with consent which I'm in love with now!

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

The Patton Oswalt routine about that song is the best! Someone's grumpy on my son's birthday? BULL-SHIT!

7 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Though 150 items in one size is REALLY excessive. 

That is a shit load of clothes for a child who won't be that size for very long. Fundies are batshit crazy. 

11 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Ugh the date rape song they probably use it as an example why women shouldn't be left alone with men. 

9 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I've never had an issue with it, because "What's in your drink" or "What's in this drink" is something that I have heard people say when people are acting a little out of character. So I always assumed, she meant that he was talking crazy. 

My husband and I were just discussing this song tonight. He definitely thinks it sounds rape-y. I can see why people hear it that way, for sure. But there are lines the female says that make it sound like she is there willingly. The part about how maybe she'll have another cigarette. And how she knows she should say "no" and she'll at least tell people she tried...basically so her friends won't think she's a floozy.

Now if you were to change the tone of her voice/the way she is saying it...even those lines definitely seem sketchy. But I take it more as a playful song.

I've seen arguments suggesting that the woman in the song wants to stay but knows that it's not socially acceptable, so using the weather as an excuse gives her plausible deniability if her friends and family try to judge her decision. 

A quick google search tells me the song is originally from a 1949 movie called Neptune's Daughter. I may have to watch it and look for the full context.

14 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

My husband and I were just discussing this song tonight. He definitely thinks it sounds rape-y. I can see why people hear it that way, for sure. But there are lines the female says that make it sound like she is there willingly. The part about how maybe she'll have another cigarette. And how she knows she should say "no" and she'll at least tell people she tried...basically so her friends won't think she's a floozy.

Now if you were to change the tone of her voice/the way she is saying it...even those lines definitely seem sketchy. But I take it more as a playful song.

What I don't like about the song is the culture surrounding it. At that time (and still that way to an extent) she's saying all these things based on what everyone will think if she stays late at her boyfriend's house. I hate it so much because it's so true. Dude doesn't care because he won't be called a whore by the whole town. 

So Neptune's Daughter is an Esther Williams vehicle (I should've guessed by the title :pb_lol:) with Red Skelton and Ricardo Montalban. I love Ricardo Montalban and I love kitschy "water ballet," as they used to call it, and was getting more and more excited to watch this potentially very entertaining film, but I couldn't find any, um, free sources online. Now I'm sad that neighborhood video rental places no longer exist.

On 10/23/2016 at 0:11 AM, justmy2cents said:

Looks like Sierra may have worked on this wedding on her Instagram.  If so, it looks a lot classier than any Duggar affair. So she's capable of putting together something nicer than a parking lot reception.

WHERE WAS THIS for Jessa and Jill?!?! What the fuck!?!?

3 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

WHERE WAS THIS for Jessa and Jill?!?! What the fuck!?!?

I'm guessing JB was too cheap! :P 

On 11/19/2016 at 0:39 AM, trustworthy said:

Does she still have the tattoo or did she have to remove it?

None of you can live a minute longer until you've read this:

http://dojosdesigns.blogspot.com/2016/10/case-of-poo-tastic-monday.html

I feel that parents SHOULD NOT post ANYTHING about their child on the internet for safety reasons. This dumb woman posts their pictures their names, NOT OKAY! Not okay at all! We live in dangerous times and to have their images floating around (Even on Facebook) is so dangerous! Yet to read a in depth post about your infant daughter pooping...what is wrong with this woman to do this to her child? If they stay fundy the men who potentially court and marry her will read this! If she breaks free from the heard, her future employers will read this, this is not okay!!! 

On 11/19/2016 at 11:55 PM, calimojo said:

I said it once and I will say it again,  Sierra was acting out with that horribly ugly dress.  She was likely miffed she didn't get to plan this wedding so she went to used furniture store,  tore the upholstery off of an antique settee and wore to the wedding.  A few days before she elaborately announced on her IG, that she was selling her party planning stuff which was her way of making it look like she wasn't overlooked as the wedding planner, but instead retired from the job. 

It came off as pathetic to me and her dress screams desperation, look at me, I win the prize for the worst dressed wedding guest.  Yes,  I know that is harsh, but I just can't with this chick

I agree, but this dress to me looks like a LuLaRoe dress...for those who don't know what LuLaRoe/LueLaRue? Whatever it is, it's clothing you sell out of other people's houses like Mary Kay or Tupperwear and it's gross. It looks like Fundy clothes. And that's in tune with the Fundy women all having "side businesses"  aka reasons to get the fuck out of the house and socialize so their headships think they are doing something useful vs just socializing with other women.

On 11/25/2016 at 2:52 PM, Seren Ann said:

I think she's hinting at expecting number 6 here. Wouldn't surprise me given her usual spacing and the flowy clothes she's been wearing lately. I'm not sure why she's playing coy though.

How do they accidentally match? They don't match....and isn't it "Therefor" vs "there for" ?!?

And PS I bought a 2nd hand dress I'm SOOO thrifty yet I had to pay full price for a modesty slip!

On 11/29/2016 at 8:16 AM, JillyO said:

Did anyone see Sierra's newest Instagram post? It looks like her doctor told her she had miscarried her first kid (Khai) and then two months later it turned out she hadn't actually miscarried. Am I reading that correctly? If so, how is that even possible? Might have something to do with her/them going completely of the deep end.

Her grammar is abysmal. ABYSMAL!!! I'm slowly dying inside.

Also get off the horse you rode in on you aren't the only woman to ever have a baby. 

2 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I feel that parents SHOULD NOT post ANYTHING about their child on the internet for safety reasons. This dumb woman posts their pictures their names, NOT OKAY! Not okay at all! We live in dangerous times and to have their images floating around (Even on Facebook) is so dangerous! Yet to read a in depth post about your infant daughter pooping...what is wrong with this woman to do this to her child? If they stay fundy the men who potentially court and marry her will read this! If she breaks free from the heard, her future employers will read this, this is not okay!!! 

I agree, but this dress to me looks like a LuLaRoe dress...for those who don't know what LuLaRoe/LueLaRue? Whatever it is, it's clothing you sell out of other people's houses like Mary Kay or Tupperwear and it's gross. It looks like Fundy clothes. And that's in tune with the Fundy women all having "side businesses"  aka reasons to get the fuck out of the house and socialize so their headships think they are doing something useful vs just socializing with other women.

Ok I need to know what's so dangerous about posting pictures of my kids on my locked down fb page for my 150 fb friends to see (that are mostly family and good friends).

On 12/9/2016 at 10:44 AM, princessmahina said:

I find it creepy, but I do have rather a soft spot for it. Years and years ago, when I was in my early teens, my mom and I were in the car and this song came on the radio.

Suddenly, she turned the music down and said, "You know, sweetheart, no matter what they tell you, boys won't die from an erection. It may hurt them, but it's not your obligation to ease that pain." Something in the lyrics resonated with her enough to feel that this was the right time to make that particular point with me. Fa, la, la, la, la....

It was good advice, though embarrassing to hear it at the time. I lost her when I was 20; I still miss her so very much, but I have to smile whenever I hear that awful song.

I guess I'm just the worst mother ever because I've posted photos of my family on Facebook and Instagram. Also on my blog (that basically no one reads.)  But worst of all...I've posted photos on internet forums like this one.  THE HORROR!! Call social services ASAP!

FYI - I am pretty sure most kids in my son's generation will have had their baby photos on various social media sites as well. That's just the way things are now.

I don't see a problem posting pictures on social media of your children. The one of Spud in the restaurant is adorable. I do have a problem with exploiting your children. Josie's seizure and blow out come to mind, and the boy who fell off the stage and still had to perform. Anna giving birth is another exploitation in my opinion. There are a lot more, but those were the first that came to mind. 

Cute pictures acceptable.  Children in pain or embarrassed, unacceptable.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived