IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Sierra is going to be suffering when she no longer has JoyJoy to help her around the house.

oh you mean because of their fake best friendship 

yes - a real tragedy indeed

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Sierra is going to be suffering when she no longer has JoyJoy to help her around the house.

Ah I'm sure that Johanna will be her next best friend. 

My thoughts:

- I expect a forthcoming pregnancy announcement

- I like "we're expecting." I'm glad they seem to acknowledge the role of both parents without implying that they're both pregnant. "We're pregnant" makes me cringe. I have no problem with "I'm pregnant," but if pregnant I would probably say "we're expecting" if the topic involves more than just the physical elements of pregnancy (ie. adding to the family versus having swollen feet).

- Ok, I was tempted to make a burner before admitting this, but I'm just going to go ahead and confess. My partner and I (dating with the intention of marriage, not married yet and no children but we hope to have them in the future) call eachother "Mama" and "Papa." Yes, I know it's creepy and we try not to when we aren't alone, but it has occasionally come out in front of friends since it's our preferred terms of endearment. Nothing fundie for either of us. It began because when we began dating I asked if I could call him "Daddy" in bed (I have somewhat classic "daddy issues" so this is a request I commonly made). As our relationship grew, "Mama" and "Papa" became our pet names for eachother outside of bed and we love it. It is perfect for us. But yes, we try to keep it to ourselves to avoid creeping people out (and certainly don't put it on the internet).

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ah I'm sure that Johanna will be her next best friend. 

And they've been best friendsies for as long as Sierra and Joy have been best friendsies, of course! Timelines making a lick of sense mean nothing to these people. 

I felt her recent post about working with her dad in the workshop and carpentry having been her favourite subject at school was really sad. Here's someone who clearly had a passion for something, but it didn't fit with the expected image she now has of herself, so it's a hobby do be done with dad instead of something that could have become a job. Sierra, hair in a bun, a blue work overall, grease on her face, making furniture in her own workshop. Doing something she loves. :(

On 11/30/2016 at 7:55 PM, weirdemmaline said:

And they've been best friendsies for as long as Sierra and Joy have been best friendsies, of course! Timelines making a lick of sense mean nothing to these people. 

Sierra's saying she and Joy were best friends always bothered me.   granted, Joy raises her younger siblings, but what could she at 17-18 have in common with a married 26-year-old mom?  if anything, i'd call it more of a mentoring thing.  and if it is mentoring, then maybe Joy will be inspired by the fact that Sierra works outside the home,  (referring to the party-planning and strawberry/cookie businesses)

I don't know...there are plenty of things I've enjoyed over the years but that doesn't mean I really wanted to make a career out of them. So I think it's hard to say if it's sad or not that she didn't pursue that as more than a hobby. I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibilities for someone to sincerely "just" want to be a mother/wife.

I know that women like Sierra aren't given the option of anything else, typically...and yes, that's sad. But it's highly possible that even with options, she'd still have chosen to do exactly what she's doing.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:55 PM, weirdemmaline said:

So since Sierra and Joy have been besties forever , does that mean Sierra will be the wedding planner? 

7 hours ago, patsymae said:

So since Sierra and Joy have been besties forever , does that mean Sierra will be the wedding planner? 

I'd be shocked if she was, tbh. But I'd also be shocked if she doesn't at least TRY to be the wedding planner for Joy. Possibly wedding shower planner.

16 hours ago, patsymae said:

But Sierra is totally done with wedding planning now. Don't you know? It wasn't that they didn't want her to do Jinger's, she's just done. Maybe she will come out of retirement for her bestie Joy! 

On 11/29/2016 at 1:49 PM, jacduggar said:

Maybe. I don't like anyone calling me "mom" , "mommy", "momma", or any other variation if I didn't actually give birth to them so the whole thing is just a tad strange to me. I've also noticed they tend to say they are "expecting" vs. saying they are pregnant. Of course that doesn't mean anything. 

I'm the opposite. I am "Mom" or "Momma" to about 80% of my oldest daughter's friends. I think its part because I'm the cool mom, and in part because I care enough to really listen to them and take an interest in their lives. Like daughter's ex-boyfriend (they're still friends) is ROTC and called me both when he made rank and when he got his amazingly high ASVAB score. He knows if he gets deployed after he enlists next year that he'll get letters and stuff from me. I "adopt" them along the way.  The best of her friends know not to knock and where the fridge is.  The rest call me Miss (first name) and think I'm weird cuz I'm fairly easy-going about stuff. Everyone is different though. I think I do it because during my really rough teenage years two of my friends parents took me under their wing, and I'd have been lost without them. 

8 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

*snipped* I'm the opposite. I am "Mom" or "Momma" to about 80% of my oldest daughter's friends. I think its part because I'm the cool mom, and in part because I care enough to really listen to them and take an interest in their lives. I "adopt" them along the way.  The best of her friends know not to knock and where the fridge is.  

Please know how important this is to them! As someone with not as involved parents in high school, I was so grateful for all the "other mamas" I had growing up. I just had two sets of pseudo parents at my wedding two months ago and still call them "mama (last name) as a mid to late twenty something. It was so great to feel their love especially when my own mom passed away this summer. They actually made a point to say that they wouldn't be offended if I didn't want to call them "mama" anymore. They also introduce me to their friends as their other daughter. Such special relationships when parents invest in other kids lives. 

On 12/2/2016 at 1:59 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I don't know...there are plenty of things I've enjoyed over the years but that doesn't mean I really wanted to make a career out of them. So I think it's hard to say if it's sad or not that she didn't pursue that as more than a hobby. I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibilities for someone to sincerely "just" want to be a mother/wife.

I know that women like Sierra aren't given the option of anything else, typically...and yes, that's sad. But it's highly possible that even with options, she'd still have chosen to do exactly what she's doing.

I have a professor who said (sort of in jest) "the problem with doing what you love is that you turn what you love into a job. So maybe just do what you like, and save what you love for a hobby." Maybe she tried doing wedding/event/party planning as a job and lost her enthusiasm for it? Like, it's fun for her to have one party to plan for a friend but having to manage a bunch at once and do PR, budgeting, and all the other things that go with managing a full-fledged business isn't something she's found she's interested in. 

12 minutes ago, smallestneal said:

I have a professor who said (sort of in jest) "the problem with doing what you love is that you turn what you love into a job. So maybe just do what you like, and save what you love for a hobby." Maybe she tried doing wedding/event/party planning as a job and lost her enthusiasm for it? Like, it's fun for her to have one party to plan for a friend but having to manage a bunch at once and do PR, budgeting, and all the other things that go with managing a full-fledged business isn't something she's found she's interested in. 

Reminds me of "man, I'm tired of following my dreams. I'll just ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." (Mitch Hedberg)

2 minutes ago, 19Kittens said:

I think the squish is her youngest toddler? could be totally off though. 

This is what I think too, I recall a previous Instagram post where she explained that she calls the baby squish because of her "rolls" aka how "squishy" she is, or something similar. 

I take this post to mean she had time to bake because everyone, including the baby, in he house was asleep.

9 minutes ago, 19Kittens said:

I think the squish is her youngest toddler? could be totally off though. 

Yes. She refers to her youngest child as Squish. It's strange but it's Sierra. 

21 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I'm the opposite. I am "Mom" or "Momma" to about 80% of my oldest daughter's friends. I think its part because I'm the cool mom, and in part because I care enough to really listen to them and take an interest in their lives. Like daughter's ex-boyfriend (they're still friends) is ROTC and called me both when he made rank and when he got his amazingly high ASVAB score. He knows if he gets deployed after he enlists next year that he'll get letters and stuff from me. I "adopt" them along the way.  The best of her friends know not to knock and where the fridge is.  The rest call me Miss (first name) and think I'm weird cuz I'm fairly easy-going about stuff. Everyone is different though. I think I do it because during my really rough teenage years two of my friends parents took me under their wing, and I'd have been lost without them. 

My grandma was that way. She was grandma to everyone. When she passed away the officer that responded had to ask what her real name was because he had always called her grandma.  Even the folks at the funeral home had to ask because they had always called her grandma too. 

36 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

What was she singing off key? Bible Music? Ancient chanting? Or is that not allowed??

Hymns? That seems likely! :P 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived