IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

Oh my goodness that is a train wreck! That dress looks like the couch cover that my grandparents used to have and my grandmother would have my head if I went out in public with my slip showing. That is practically underwear. That's...nope. The opposite of modest. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Your slip is showing" used to be something a kind friend would whisper to spare you horrible embarrassment. Similar to "You have toilet paper stuck to your shoe."

if you look at the photo of a girl in a blue dress (who i'm 90% sure is josiah's ex marjorie) you can see through the hem where she has just sewn a strip of white material to the bottom of her dress. that is so beyond ridiculous. wear a longer dress, but don't do a home ec project and wear it to a wedding. 

59 minutes ago, griffin said:

if you look at the photo of a girl in a blue dress (who i'm 90% sure is josiah's ex marjorie) you can see through the hem where she has just sewn a strip of white material to the bottom of her dress. that is so beyond ridiculous. wear a longer dress, but don't do a home ec project and wear it to a wedding. 

I understand these are a thing now and meant to be seen.  I just haven't seen them done right.  

The only one I've liked was more like ruffled tulle.  It didn't look like a slip or petticoat. 

Sierra looks about 30 years older than she actually is. Also that dress, my gosh there are so many ways she could've done it better...

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:06 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

She didn't. She was a rebel with a JOB and a TATTOO before Mark saved her and convicted her that jobs and pants were evil.

Does she still have the tattoo or did she have to remove it?

None of you can live a minute longer until you've read this:

http://dojosdesigns.blogspot.com/2016/10/case-of-poo-tastic-monday.html

7 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

I love how fundies find joy and encouragement in everything. Including a six inch line of green feces on their shoulder. Poor Edyn, having her bowel movements carefully documented on the internet. 

How old is this daughter? I thought she was a lot younger than my son so I was surprised to hear she's in diapers a size larger than my son (who is 3 years old and over 30 pounds.) Maybe that's why it leaked everywhere.

11 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

How old is this daughter? I thought she was a lot younger than my son so I was surprised to hear she's in diapers a size larger than my son (who is 3 years old and over 30 pounds.) Maybe that's why it leaked everywhere.

She just turned one a week ago. Why on earth is she using such huge diapers!

9 hours ago, trustworthy said:

My god. "We laughed, joyfully doing this task together. All 5 were playing sweetly together." What is with fundies and their obsession with putting adjectives EVERYWHERE?! My eyes hurt.

On November 13, 2016 at 7:50 AM, wikinggirl said:

sierra.jpg

Sierra wore the same dress (and the slip!) a few days later when they were working the election polls. 

It actually looks kind of cute on the right, where she's wearing boots. Slap on a matching belt or a faded jean jacket and it could work. 

On November 12, 2016 at 8:09 PM, candygirl200413 said:

Like damn why can't she just get a longer dress? It's like why must you have the eye sore?!

But, but, how else will she dress modestly while screaming from the rooftops about how haaarrrd it is to find modest clothes these days!  :pb_lol:

13 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

But, but, how else will she dress modestly while screaming from the rooftops about how haaarrrd it is to find modest clothes these days!  :pb_lol:

Maxi dresses and skirts are all the rage these days. There's also leggings.  Cardigans are in.  Scarves (to cover those scandalous collar bones) are also a thing.  Obviously they just aren't looking, because then they can't play the martyr.  

Slips were invented by the devil anyway-joking. I've always Hated the damn things because they slip and cling and are generally a pain in the arse. Poor fundie ladies having to wear the awful things to be "modest". I agree with @VooDooChild, just wear a maxi skirt and boots, leggings. Stop making a big deal out of nothing.

Okay, so I'm waaay behind on this thread but I wanted to put in some two cents; I think a lot of people came down too hard on Marjorie and her handlettering/authoring, and I think it comes from my background as an art major. One of the biggest problems with capitalizing on creative prospects is that lots of very talented people either 1) don't have the moxie to survive the industry, or 2) totally drag their feet on putting themselves out there, either from laziness or lack of belief in themselves. The whole publishing/networking/marketing aspect of art is absolutely draining, at least to me (and is part of why I decided not to pursue art as my sole income, but that's another story). I've seen some of my peers who are mediocre at best surpass some of the better students wholly because they're running around putting their art anywhere and everywhere, jumping on every opportunity for the ever-dreaded "exposure", and putting blood, sweat, and tears into getting their stuff published. If Marjorie wants to put together a book with a bunch of her handlettering for Jesus, so be it. Better yet, if people actually BUY IT--even if it's just a bunch of her fundie friends bred for this very purpose--so be it! Who cares if it's stuff anybody can do? Besides, what is she, 18? And publishing something? I think that's neat. And if she keeps it up, she'll probably get better at it.

/soapbox

2 hours ago, nst said:

this made my day in more ways than i can ever express

thank you :)

I think we all need to work the phrase "poo-tastic" into casual conversation in the weeks ahead until it takes the nation by storm.

Ugh Wild Berry Pop-tarts as breakfast for kids under 5?! Nothing but sugar, preservatives and artificial colors.  I get the idea of cold chicken or pizza running out the door for school, but otherwise I'm big on kids getting a somewhat healthy breakfast. 

17 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Ugh Wild Berry Pop-tarts as breakfast for kids under 5?! Nothing but sugar, preservatives and artificial colors.  I get the idea of cold chicken or pizza running out the door for school, but otherwise I'm big on kids getting a somewhat healthy breakfast. 

I know! How hard is toast and cereal? That's a much better start! 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived