IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm still confused on where the Duggars found Krista Gay, and how she manages to be friends with fundies when her views seem to be so mainstream. 

Kristen wears pants and works, but she has shown a transphobic streak on FB and probably holds similar views about abortion/gay marriage. She seems closer to Sierra---maybe she introduced her to them?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, season of life said:

Kristen had her son in May, I believe. I am not wary of her leaving her job, but MLM schemes are the worst.

At least it's not Plexus? Small miracles?

Sierra has a new blogpost up. She talks about how fall is nice but can also be bitter. She gives some examples of the latter, one being a woman who suffered through a miscarriage. From the way she writes about it it's not impossible that she might be that woman. 

2 hours ago, The butcher's wife said:

Sierra has a new blogpost up. She talks about how fall is nice but can also be bitter. She gives some examples of the latter, one being a woman who suffered through a miscarriage. From the way she writes about it it's not impossible that she might be that woman. 

I thought the same. It'd make sense because she is probably not preventing, but with so many female friends, it is possible it's a friend or relative of hers. I'm sorry if she suffered one, however.

I don't quite understand the comments on Sierra's latest Instagram--is her husband going to stop selling furniture to go back into ministry? Didn't he get kicked out of a church job?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I don't quite understand the comments on Sierra's latest Instagram--is her husband going to stop selling furniture to go back into ministry? Didn't he get kicked out of a church job?

I didn't quite get it either ! It sounded to me like he was becoming a pastor but I must have understood it wrong. How many pastors do these people need ??? And how on earth does he expect to support his family of a bazillion kids as yet another pastor in an oversaturated market ?

I'm waiting for the pregnancy announcement any day now.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:50 AM, season of life said:

Kristen is hawking essential oils now. She used to have a job at the restaurant but now it's just selling oils. At least Justin still works there.

I also believe it's time for Sierra to have another baby. 

I thought they owned that taco place? Maybe not though.

A lot of moms seem to do those oils and other at-home selling schemes. I hate them.

31 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I thought they owned that taco place? Maybe not though.

A lot of moms seem to do those oils and other at-home selling schemes. I hate them.

Kristen was their social media + communications coordinator. Justin is their Director of New Store Openings & Talent Acquisition, according to his LinkedIn page. I thought they owned it too.

On 10/9/2016 at 2:44 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm still confused on where the Duggars found Krista Gay, and how she manages to be friends with fundies when her views seem to be so mainstream. 

She was invited to the Duggars home church (back when they had one) through mutual friends at college.  I think she was a bit star-struck at first (my impression) and that's why she stuck around.  She was a worker-bee at Jill & Jessa's weddings & would hang out at the TTH now and then.  After the home church dissolved she was going to Ben/Jessa's home for a weekly bible study.  
I've wondered myself if she ever confronts them on any of their views.

4 hours ago, season of life said:

Kristen was their social media + communications coordinator. Justin is their Director of New Store Openings & Talent Acquisition, according to his LinkedIn page. I thought they owned it too.

"Talent Acquisition"!?  Since when does a Taco joint need talent?  Or is that a fancy way of saying he does the hiring?  Kinda like Jana is a "concert pianist".  :pb_rollseyes:

On 10/12/2016 at 0:01 AM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

She was invited to the Duggars home church (back when they had one) through mutual friends at college.  I think she was a bit star-struck at first (my impression) and that's why she stuck around.  She was a worker-bee at Jill & Jessa's weddings & would hang out at the TTH now and then.  After the home church dissolved she was going to Ben/Jessa's home for a weekly bible study.  
I've wondered myself if she ever confronts them on any of their views.

"Talent Acquisition"!?  Since when does a Taco joint need talent?  Or is that a fancy way of saying he does the hiring?  Kinda like Jana is a "concert pianist".  :pb_rollseyes:

What does TTH mean? 

I've been interested by this Krista girl (because she just seems so different than them), where did you find all of that info? JC

Also...I know for me that I have a lot of friends with different views than me...so maybe Krista is the same? From her posts I've seen on instagram and FB...she's one of the only "insiders" with public accounts...she seems to have the same beliefs as the Duggars but just presents them differently...I think she uses her faith as a way to actually help others with the Duggars use their faith to condemn others...

I think she has probably confronted them in private...for as much crap as we give Ben I think he's pretty moderate for a Duggar...and Krista did call out that girl from the SOS trip on instagram a few months ago so I can't picture her just keeping quiet...she actually seems genuinely and not smootching off of them, and she seems to be closest to the older girls, so they probably talk girl stuff and not much politics...like that furniture guy did a few months ago. 

On 10/11/2016 at 7:28 PM, season of life said:

I agree! Why does a taco joint need talent management? Do they have dancers? Are they franchising? 

****redacted by mod****

@newyorkgirl52 when an acronym or phrase has a dotted line under it like TTH you can mouse over it and a definition appears. In this case TTH is tinker toy house or tater tot house, referring to the Duggar home. 

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

@newyorkgirl52 when an acronym or phrase has a dotted line under it like TTH you can mouse over it and a definition appears. In this case TTH is tinker toy house or tater tot house, referring to the Duggar home. 

Makes so much more sense! THank you for that!!!

4 hours ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

I've been interested by this Krista girl (because she just seems so different than them), where did you find all of that info? JC

I think I first discovered Krista when the Duggars posted the video of Derick running over the cat.  She commented on the post saying "I was there!  I'm in the video!"  Voila!  She had a public facebook which I started reading.  A few months later she showed up on Pickle's page and would answer questions occasionally.  

I have to admit, I'm very pleased with Krista's evolution and her successes.  She walks the Christian walk in a way the Duggars never will.  I could see myself having coffee with Krista (I'm an atheist) & even becoming friends.  The Duggars, not so much.   

I just browsed Krista Gay's Instagram. She appears to be politically liberal and is very against what the Duggars believe about homosexuality, women's rights, and transgender. She's very outspoken. How can she be friends with the Duggars, Query family, and attend their church?

On 10/14/2016 at 0:39 PM, newyorkgirl52 said:

***redacted****

I don't feel super comfortable with this. I mean, you are welcome to do whatever you want, obviously. But I don't really want to "participate" except to say that I don't think you should lie about how you found her. If you want to meet her in person, you shouldn't misrepresent yourself.

On 10/13/2016 at 8:26 PM, Bethella said:

@newyorkgirl52 when an acronym or phrase has a dotted line under it like TTH you can mouse over it and a definition appears. In this case TTH is tinker toy house or tater tot house, referring to the Duggar home.

In my mind it's the Tater-Tot House! :P But both work! 

12 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I have to admit, I'm very pleased with Krista's evolution and her successes.  She walks the Christian walk in a way the Duggars never will.  I could see myself having coffee with Krista (I'm an atheist) & even becoming friends.  The Duggars, not so much.   

I'm not sure about that because she shared a FB video about an alleged ISIS fighter converting to Christianity and had this caption: "There are more important things than this Bruce-lyn Jenner situation." 

I'm suspicious of anyone who happily hangs out with the Duggars.

On 10/14/2016 at 2:24 PM, newyorkgirl52 said:

****redacted****

It's a third tier law school. It's not recommended to go to those. They end up in loads of debt and unemployed. It's actually not recommended to go to law school at all unless you go to a T14 school since the market is oversaturated. There are even Columbia University Law grads having trouble finding work and it's ranked at #4 in the country.  http://thirdtierreality.blogspot.com/2016/03/sinking-turd-brooklyn-law-school-drops.html

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

It's a third tier law school. It's not recommended to go to those. They end up in loads of debt and unemployed. It's actually not recommended to go to law school at all unless you go to a T14 school since the market is oversaturated. There are even Columbia University Law grads having trouble finding work and it's ranked at #4 in the country.  http://thirdtierreality.blogspot.com/2016/03/sinking-turd-brooklyn-law-school-drops.html

THanks for that article....I asked my brother about it who is a partner here at a big firm in the city...he said more important than rankings is where schools place students in jobs. Putting kids in big firms of over 250 lawyers or in clerkships is I guess really good...he said rankings can be arbitrary because they depend on sometimes weird things. He said that a few years ago it was discovered that a low ranked law school in NYC was buying a ton of books to increase the numbers of books they had because apparently the number of books in a library could affect rankings...he said rankings can be a good indication but also not....he pointed out that some higher ranked schools are in really rural areas and that his firm does not recruit there, but recruit at lower ranked schools. He said it depends on a lot of factors but overall Brooklyn is well respected, at least here.

https://www.brooklaw.edu/-/media/PDF/Careers/2015_ABA_Employment_Summary.pdf?la=enHe sent me this and said it was good 

On 10/9/2016 at 8:34 AM, season of life said:

Kristen had her son in May, I believe. I am not wary of her leaving her job, but MLM schemes are the worst.

Is Kristen the infamous Tacos4Life social media guru who banned like 100 people in one day from the FB site when people claimed they were getting free promos for featuring the Duggars? True, but she couldn't deal with it.

Is she still managing Tacos4Life social media, or has she retreated into the world of fundie MLMs? I expect Plexus is nexus. 

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Is Kristen the infamous Tacos4Life social media guru who banned like 100 people in one day from the FB site when people claimed they were getting free promos for featuring the Duggars? True, but she couldn't deal with it.

Is she still managing Tacos4Life social media, or has she retreated into the world of fundie MLMs? I expect Plexus is nexus. 

Wow, I had no idea she did that. It's possible Kristen took maternity leave (if her job offers it) and is doing MLM in the meantime. Or perhaps she quit to stay at home with the baby.

Also, I realized I was confusing Kristen Young with Krista Gay. Smh.

6 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I'm surprised that Jessa got pregnant before Sierra. 

You know Sierra is going to have another baby, so she, Jessa, and Jinger can take bump pictures.

2 minutes ago, season of life said:

You know Sierra is going to have another baby, so she, Jessa, and Jinger can take bump pictures.

She's due for a new blessing announcement soon isn't she? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived