IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 21: As many threads as Duggars

samurai_sarah

I did get happy for her because she'll have the wonderful gift of hanging out with her mom this weekend!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday, Callie-Anna! How blessed we are to have such a fire cracker of a personality to liven up our home! You're sassy, classy, brassy...and I wouldn't have it any other way! You're a bundle of giggles and energy, and you make our lives exciting! I'm so grateful God was gracious enough to gift us with such a precious little girl! #7yearsold

^ is what Kelly said about Callie, if anyone is curious.

I wonder what the Duggars have against cake; it's always ice cream desserts with them. Oh well, MORE FOR MEEEEE.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:21 PM, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

I find it interesting in the preview for the new season of  Counting On, they mention that "And, these three aren’t the only ones growing up; could John David, Joseph and Josiah be pursuing courtships? " Could we get some snarking gold from seeing the awkward Duggar men court?

Just one time I'd like to see, "Could John David, Joseph, and Josiah be pursuing careers?"

23 minutes ago, anotherone said:

Just one time I'd like to see, "Could John David, Joseph, and Josiah be pursuing careers?"

Or an education.  :bangheaddesk:

I noticed that Jenni didn't get a "God" mention in her IG post, probably because they ignore her so badly they have no idea if she loves the Lord. 

17 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I wonder what the Duggars have against cake; it's always ice cream desserts with them. Oh well, MORE FOR MEEEEE.

Cake has to be made [too expensive to buy], ice cream from the WM is cheap-

Laziness above all else*

Nah, they actually take the birthday person out for a drippy sundae. I'm sure it's the local Christian ice cream parlor that serves them for free. 

Oh that's right, that Market restaurant.  I swear they're in business from Duggar birthday sundaes alone.

I'm betting that growing up on the ice cream sandwich cake helped make ice cream the favorite in the family.  Not to mention they have probably had mostly crappy off brand cake mixes and frostings during the lean years.  I'm betting if one of the girls got into baking and started making delicious home made cakes they'd change their tune. 

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm betting that growing up on the ice cream sandwich cake helped make ice cream the favorite in the family.  Not to mention they have probably had mostly crappy off brand cake mixes and frostings during the lean years.  I'm betting if one of the girls got into baking and started making delicious home made cakes they'd change their tune. 

Some people just like ice cream.  My husband is like that. We usually get him a good quality ice cream cake for birthday celebrations even though both his daughter and I are good bakers and all other celebrations will usually have cake.

@EmCatlyn, I definitely get that, but with 19 kids this has been shown to be a family trait.  Maybe all Duggars really do like ice cream more, or maybe it's a tradition  that was established when the older kids were little and it kept on from there. 

Why can't any of them have an "individual" like or preference? Maybe growing up with ice cream cake [X21 birthdays at a minimum] might provoke some of them to crave something else? What are the odds that 19 people would all desire the exact same BD treat?...slim to none, IMO

Does anyone else think that the Duggar girls would be really into those silly recipe videos that are clogging up my facebook feed? Some of them are good, but most of them involve mixing some canned biscuit product and other pre-made stuff in unnecessarily complicated ways, with about twenty cups of cheese melted over the top. Haute cuisine, compared to tater tot casserole.

4 hours ago, JMO said:

@EmCatlyn, I definitely get that, but with 19 kids this has been shown to be a family trait.  Maybe all Duggars really do like ice cream more, or maybe it's a tradition  that was established when the older kids were little and it kept on from there. 

Yes, it seems to be a tradition with the Duggars, but it doesn't mean the kids are being forced to have ice cream in place of cake.  I bet they really like the ice cream better.  People in the same family often have similar preferences in food.  And even when they don't, they get used to eating meals that work for most of the family.   It is not unique to the Duggars.  

I am not much an ice cream eater, but I can see why the Duggars may like to go out for ice cream on a kids' birthday. It may be that it started out with a discount or discounts but it is obviously something the family enjoys.  

Now, if instead of ice cream the tradition were to have a special pickle salad, I would find it odd. ;) 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Why can't any of them have an "individual" like or preference? Maybe growing up with ice cream cake [X21 birthdays at a minimum] might provoke some of them to crave something else? What are the odds that 19 people would all desire the exact same BD treat?...slim to none, IMO

I don't find it odd, when the 19 are related/have grown up together.  They may have other individual likes or preferences, but ice cream is a "treat" for most people.  Some people (myself, for instance) might prefer cake, but there is nothing odd a out prefering ice cream.

If we're being honest, I would love to get my hands on one of those Market sundaes .... #fatty4life... 

On 8/2/2016 at 6:37 PM, marmalade said:

Today is Jenni's birthday. Here's what Mechelle (or Jana) wrote on FB. Compare and contrast to what Kelly Bates wrote about Callie on Instagram. It's sad and pathetic>

We still don't know a thing about Jenni, but we DO know that Mama Jill will be home by Saturday! 

On 8/2/2016 at 6:37 PM, marmalade said:

"Happy 9th birthday, Jenni! You are such a treasure and a blessing to us. We are looking forward to your ice cream celebration this evening! We also loved that you want to have your real party this weekend after your “buddy” Jill returns from Central America! We love you a million times over, sweet girl!"

I think someone read your message.  They posted about her birthday again and added  some more adjectives. She loves animals and will be having banana cake, not just ice cream, so there!

We know we already wished our sweet Jenni a happy 9th birthday but we are having her party this weekend because she wanted to wait for her “buddy” Jill to be home visiting from Central America. 
Jenni loves to cook and sew, and she loves animals, including her pet Guinea pig, Nibbles! She’s having a yummy banana cake that we know Grandpa Duggar would have loved. 
This week we went shopping together so Jenni could spend some of her birthday money and it was so fun to watch her and her sweet friends shopping and trying to decide what to buy!

We love you so much, Jennifer!
You are precious!

Just now, SassyPants said:

Are her sweet friends Hannie, Jordyn and Josie?

Hannie and Ben's sister Faith.  Don't forget that their sisters are their best friends.  Nothing wrong with that really except most people have friends in addition to their sister-friends.

They do have birthday cake in some of the episodes. A trip to the ice cream parlour must be a big treat for those kids. 

55 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Jenni loves to cook and sew, and she loves animals, including her pet Guinea pig, Nibbles!  

They have a guinea pig? Hope they treat it better than the other animals they've had!

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think someone read your message.  They posted about her birthday again and added  some more adjectives. She loves animals and will be having banana cake, not just ice cream, so there!

We know we already wished our sweet Jenni a happy 9th birthday but we are having her party this weekend because she wanted to wait for her “buddy” Jill to be home visiting from Central America. 
Jenni loves to cook and sew, and she loves animals, including her pet Guinea pig, Nibbles! She’s having a yummy banana cake that we know Grandpa Duggar would have loved. 
This week we went shopping together so Jenni could spend some of her birthday money and it was so fun to watch her and her sweet friends shopping and trying to decide what to buy!

We love you so much, Jennifer!
You are precious!

Dang, talk about FU Internetz!!! 

'Jenni loves to do all the same generic, traditionally feminine activities and her sisters and also enjoys hanging out with her sisters" doesn't tell us anything we couldn't have guessed either, but good try to whoever at TLC reads FJ.

They still didn't mention how much she loves the Lord with her servant heart! Poor Jennie will never measure up to her Godly sisters. They'll probably have forgotten she exists by the time she hits courting age! 

Ps. I'm a seriously long time lurker on FJ so I thought I'd make an account to make myself feel less of a creep! 

I have a fundie wedding to attend next week...yay :my_dodgy:! My boyfriends cousin...I'm tempted to turn up in a short low cut dress

ive been raised in a pretty normal Anglican Church (COI) so I have no idea what to expect aaahhh

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic

Archived