IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 21: As many threads as Duggars

samurai_sarah

On 8/10/2016 at 7:20 PM, eleanora3 said:

Did anyone see the webisode where the girls talk about John David's love life? They heavily heavily imply that he's courting.

I try not to give them clicks/views. I mostly read about them here or wait for someone on tumblr to share it. Is it new? What do they say?

ETA: I saw that TBT photo they had of Josiah and Joy when they were younger in high chairs doing what looks like worksheets. I couldn't help but feel a bit sad. They look way to big for those high chairs. (At least Josiah did) is that how they got them to sit still?

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I try not to give them clicks/views. I mostly read about them here or wait for someone on tumblr to share it. Is it new? What do they say?

ETA: I saw that TBT photo they had of Josiah and Joy when they were younger in high chairs doing what looks like worksheets. I couldn't help but feel a bit sad. They look way to big for those high chairs. (At least Josiah did) is that how they got them to sit still?

That's exactly what I thought! I put away the high chair before my older so even turned 2! He hated being confined. I'm sure that Joy and Si hated being confined too but that doesn't matter to Michelle. She had 6 other kids or more at that time and needed to restrain some of them somehow. They look around age 3 and 4 in that pic. So weird.

ETA: ok I looked again and they look 2 and 3. But I still think Si looks too old for a high chair.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's exactly what I thought! I put away the high chair before my older so even turned 2! He hated being confined. I'm sure that Joy and Si hated being confined too but that doesn't matter to Michelle. She had 6 other kids or more at that time and needed to restrain some of them somehow. They look around age 3 and 4 in that pic. So weird.

ETA: ok I looked again and they look 2 and 3. But I still think Si looks too old for a high chair.

I think 3/4 and maybe even 4/5. I'm fairly sure we stopped using it at 2, though ours turned into a booster seat, which we used until 4, which is how old Josiah looks in that photo to me. 

Still, too old, must snark. :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm paraphrasing:

Anna: does John David have a girlfriend 

Jessa: I bet Jana knows the answer

Jana: I don't know anything. Jinger knows

Jinger: I'm not telling

I haven't seen it since it was posted so I must have gotten something wrong. I do remember that it was Anna who asked about JD's love life and Jinger said she knows and isn't telling. It's interesting because after TLC released this video Jinger announced her courtship. 

59 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Why is TLC convinced that people are interested in John fucking David's love life? Really now.

I'm interested! More than seeing another sad girl get married off by a dude who randomly pops up out of nowhere-- sorry Jinger. 

Where did JD meet this chick? Who is she? What's her family like? Does she want to be filmed? Will they go underground once they get married? Will we ever see them again? Will they have a billion kids? 

I don't know why, but John David is my favorite of all the Ds. He's pretty quiet, he seems fed up with the whole thing, he's not an attention hog, he seems to have an actual job and work ethic, and he didn't get married right out of the chute. A gal who marries him might have a chance at a reasonably sized family, and they might all have a chance at being fed, clothed, and housed adequately.

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I don't know why, but John David is my favorite of all the Ds. He's pretty quiet, he seems fed up with the whole thing, he's not an attention hog, he seems to have an actual job and work ethic, and he didn't get married right out of the chute. A gal who marries him might have a chance at a reasonably sized family, and they might all have a chance at being fed, clothed, and housed adequately.

I do applaud him for having a job and good work ethic, but I think he would raise a family with all the IBLP beliefs. He would just be very quiet about those beliefs. And I imagine him marrying a timid shy mouse of a girl that is even quieter and more awkward than himself. I'm just imagining the first kiss and the contact embarrassment is real.

On 7/8/2016 at 10:51 AM, cathgrl1 said:

I don't know why these pop up on my posts now and then and I can't get rid of them - so ignore about (Not her - just that bit above. 

so, a kidullt decides to 'court'.    The other party wants no part of the dog and pony show, doesn't want to be on TV.   Guess the whole relationship is off then, huh? 

Sad, since perhaps just one of those kids actually might have a personality that is attractive to someone else who is shy and doesn't want the fame.    

On 8/13/2016 at 9:49 AM, Four is Enough said:

Same here. I mean, chances are he will just keep following the family party line, but he does seem to have a bit more freedom than any of the others and will have had to interact with more "normal" people than the rest due to him being a pilot. It'd be kind of nice if he met some nice flight attendant or pilot during a layover somewhere and kept it as quiet as possible a long-distance relationship.

Then one day he has to go do something involving the plane, no need to send someone along with, it's fine, then oh hey, where's JD? The plane's gone? Family panics until a few hours later he texts them a pic from Vegas with his new bride and an Elvis impersonator. He'll keep things quiet if they let him keep the Cirrus, and here's his hourly rate to fly them from now on.

Highly unlikely, I know. But it'd be nice to see him (or any of them, really) be able to live their own lives.

Also in that pic with the guinea pig Jenni looks JUST like Michelle to me. Like exactly like her, except for the hair.

8 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Also in that pic with the guinea pig Jenni looks JUST like Michelle to me. Like exactly like her, except for the hair.

Lol,. You mean....the Guinea pig has better hair!!!   

On 8/12/2016 at 3:49 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I think 3/4 and maybe even 4/5. I'm fairly sure we stopped using it at 2, though ours turned into a booster seat, which we used until 4, which is how old Josiah looks in that photo to me. 

Still, too old, must snark. :pb_lol:

We have the OXO one, that turns into a booster seat. My oldest will be four in about three months, and we use it as a high chair for him. He's only in it for eating though. If he sits at a table he wouldn't stay for the meal, so, we don't feel bad having him in there for food time. It works for us, but he's also not trapped in it for just the hell of it, ya know?

I would tend to think JD might be courting under pressure by JB. He needs to show a successful, happy son to make up for the first one.

Kim Jong Boob practically threatened JD into courting in that ep he took him, Ben, and Derick to go do...manly things or something. I think he probably pressures JD hard into finding someone. And JD probably is looking, but these fundies girls are probably looking for their prince charming types.

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kim Jong Boob practically threatened JD into courting in that ep he took him, Ben, and Derick to go do...manly things or something. I think he probably pressures JD hard into finding someone. And JD probably is looking, but these fundies girls are probably looking for their prince charming types.

I can picture one of the Seven Sisters, or a girl like that, being compatible with JD. I know they're hardworking and fun (and modest) in a different way than the Duggars John David, but I feel like both families are flexible enough in their brands of fundiness that it could work.

7 hours ago, halcionne said:

I can picture one of the Seven Sisters, or a girl like that, being compatible with JD. I know they're hardworking and fun (and modest) in a different way than the Duggars John David, but I feel like both families are flexible enough in their brands of fundiness that it could work.

Don't the seven sisters wear head coverings and Amish style dresses? Ha- That would very much be a 'no no' for the duggars new brand - that certainly wouldn't mesh with their "look how normal we really are!" thing. 

What you grow up with is what you think is right.  After living with sisters that totally pile on the makeup and spend hours on their hair,  he probably wouldn't be interested in a girl with a plain face and tied back or straight hair, and see that as not attractive at all.

That's kind of weird thing to say/think. He will only find attractive what his sisters do as far as hair and makeup? Why would that be case? I actually see JD with a pretty down to earth girl. 

You can't control who you're turned on by. John-David will probably expect her to provide food and do his laundry, but there's no reason for him to NOT fall for a woman who limits her makeup use.

25 minutes ago, anotherone said:

What you grow up with is what you think is right.  After living with sisters that totally pile on the makeup and spend hours on their hair,  he probably wouldn't be interested in a girl with a plain face and tied back or straight hair, and see that as not attractive at all.

Given the Duggars obsession with their hair and make up, wouldn't it be considered an act of rebellion if John David was seeing a woman whose fashion icon is Anna Marie Maxwell?

We're coming dangerously close, so here's a friendly reminder to keep us all on the straight and narrow:

Please do not speculate about JD's sex life. From the rules: Do NOT post speculation concerning the sexual orientation of any minor children or adult children still living in their parental homes. (This includes speculating about the sexual activity of adult children still living in their parental homes.) Thank you.

Spending hours on hair and makeup....yet claim modesty at every turn.

They should have been spending hours getting educated and learning a self- supporting skill.

Currently, they should be spending hours every day earning a living.

On 8/8/2016 at 2:43 PM, Bad Wolf said:

So Tuesday there is an hour and half special before the one hour show.

Good Lord - does Buzzard have to recap that :D Bring on the tequila 

and btw I will be missing two episodes in September as I will be in Italy 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic

Archived