IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 21: As many threads as Duggars

samurai_sarah

8 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

They still didn't mention how much she loves the Lord with her servant heart! Poor Jennie will never measure up to her Godly sisters. They'll probably have forgotten she exists by the time she hits courting age! 

Ps. I'm a seriously long time lurker on FJ so I thought I'd make an account to make myself feel less of a creep! 

I have a fundie wedding to attend next week...yay :my_dodgy:! My boyfriends cousin...I'm tempted to turn up in a short low cut dress

ive been raised in a pretty normal Anglican Church (COI) so I have no idea what to expect aaahhh

Me neither, but I hope you go for it. That is, not both short and low-cut. One or the other, whichever suits your flare. And, of course, act like it's no thing at all. Modesty actually is as modesty does.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Me neither, but I hope you go for it. That is, not both short and low-cut. One or the other, whichever suits your flare. And, of course, act like it's no thing at all. Modesty actually is as modesty does.

Have a gorgeous dress that's low cut and sits right above the knee! It's the one dress I have that I feel good in since I put on weight! I wore it to my uncles wedding (who proposed to my now aunt at the grand age of 69 and married at 70 after 30 long years together!). I'm so tempted to wear it or buy one similar in a different colour! I have a feeling my boyfriends mum and extended family (his dad is cool) would throw me in the river though..

15 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Have a gorgeous dress that's low cut and sits right above the knee! It's the one dress I have that I feel good in since I put on weight! I wore it to my uncles wedding (who proposed to my now aunt at the grand age of 69 and married at 70 after 30 long years together!). I'm so tempted to wear it or buy one similar in a different colour! I have a feeling my boyfriends mum and extended family (his dad is cool) would throw me in the river though..

You feel good, you look good, you radiate positive energy. But I suppose you have to split the difference between what suits you and what they can bear. Hopefully they aren't the sort like some we discuss who impose their rules on other people.

21 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

You feel good, you look good, you radiate positive energy. But I suppose you have to split the difference between what suits you and what they can bear. Hopefully they aren't the sort like some we discuss who impose their rules on other people.

I cannot describe them as any thing else but utterly peculiar! 

My family are Christian but we are normal. We wear normal clothes and we love wine! We also don't let other people choices interfere with our opinion of them! 

But the boyfriends mum and her sister and sister's family are so strange to me. His mum is fundie-lite probably because of his dad's influence - he's your average Christian! But she hates alcohol and tries to use the bible to back it up. But his mums sister and her family are fundie fundie! I just don't know what to expect from the ceremony hahaha (nervous laugh). 

Worst thing about it is NO ALCOHOL at all!!!! I can't even use wine to get myself through 

5 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I cannot describe them as any thing else but utterly peculiar! 

My family are Christian but we are normal. We wear normal clothes and we love wine! We also don't let other people choices interfere with our opinion of them! 

But the boyfriends mum and her sister and sister's family are so strange to me. His mum is fundie-lite probably because of his dad's influence - he's your average Christian! But she hates alcohol and tries to use the bible to back it up. But his mums sister and her family are fundie fundie! I just don't know what to expect from the ceremony hahaha (nervous laugh). 

Worst thing about it is NO ALCOHOL at all!!!! I can't even use wine to get myself through 

One thing me and my friends used to do at weddings in our younger, skint days was wrap up a box of wine as if it were a gift and hide in the corner getting drunk. Tacky, I know but we could never afford the cost of drinks at weddings!

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

We know we already wished our sweet Jenni a happy 9th birthday but we are having her party this weekend because she wanted to wait for her “buddy” Jill to be home visiting from Central America. 

Jenni loves to cook and sew, and she loves animals, including her pet Guinea pig, Nibbles! She’s having a yummy banana cake that we know Grandpa Duggar would have loved. 
This week we went shopping together so Jenni could spend some of her birthday money and it was so fun to watch her and her sweet friends shopping and trying to decide what to buy!

We love you so much, Jennifer!
You are precious!

She was 18 months old when Grandpa Duggar died. She doesn't remember how much Grandpa Duggar loved banana cake. She's not one of the older kids who would remember and therefore know firsthand. Smh.

I finished my first photobook today of my recent trip to NYC. But I plan on reviewing the text several times to make sure I don't sound brain dead. This is the second go around for this particular birthday Duggars. Seriously?

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Hannie and Ben's sister Faith.  Don't forget that their sisters are their best friends.  Nothing wrong with that really except most people have friends in addition to their sister-friends.

On the other hand, most people don't have so many sisters to choose from!

7 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

On the other hand, most people don't have so many sisters to choose from!

Brothers? Can a brother be a bestie? Silly me, of course not.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Brothers? Can a brother be a bestie? Silly me, of course not.

Might be defrauding. Ask Josh.

We saw Jenni holding it some time ago. She had a beautiful smile and looked happy. (Jenni, not the Guinea pig.)

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

We saw Jenni holding it some time ago. She had a beautiful smile and looked happy. (Jenni, not the Guinea pig.)

This was the post from September 21st when she first got it. It's survived almost 11 months.

Aww cute pic and thrilled to see a smile out of her. But ya know if her birth hadn't been a VSE or something I'd think she was their cousin or something. Izzy and Spurge look more 'Duggar' then Jenni in that particular picture. 

But reading she loves to cook and sew...it made me sad. Because other than filming and maybe playing outside, what else could she really be exposed to? She loves to cook? Show us a dish she created and prepared. (That's not prepackaged/canned/frozen.)  She loves to sew? Is that because she had to learn or is she having fun creating  modest dresses for dolls? I'd be happier to read she can outshoot her brothers at HORSE on the basketball court cuz its not so gender biased. Ugh!

Did anyone see the webisode where the girls talk about John David's love life? They heavily heavily imply that he's courting.

2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

OT: Are there any posts for the Wallers on here and, if so, where? I can't seem to find any.

There's a thread in the Quiverfull of Snark forum.  Can't remember the exact name but try putting 'pecan thief' in search and you should find it.

On August 8, 2016 at 7:31 PM, BlessaYourHeart said:

I have a fundie wedding to attend next week...yay :my_dodgy:! My boyfriends cousin...I'm tempted to turn up in a short low cut dress

ive been raised in a pretty normal Anglican Church (COI) so I have no idea what to expect aaahhh

I just couldn't stay away from FJ.....

I went to my first fundie wedding about 2 years ago.   It was a young man who had been best friends with my son 1-12 grades.  He became very fundie went he went to college.  We had joined us on family vacations, my son called his mother "Mom2" and I got the same nickname from fundie-boy..that is until he became fundie.

Wedding was very odd and very Duggar-Like.  For something that is the big culmination in their young lives, it's all very casual.  HUGE wedding party with all the new fundie friends (none of the HS friends included).  My son flew from the coast three hours to be there (plus the 2 hour drive with us out of the city) and was barely acknowledge by former best friend.  There were a number of guests from his earlier days (and I think we were invited by his mother), but the wedding seemed to be all about the cliquish wedding party.  At no time did the couple greet guests or make any effort to include those not in the wedding party at the reception (which took place after the painfully long wait for pictures to be taken and of course no alcohol to consume during the wait).  

I finally went up to them to say congratulations and that we were taking off to drive home.  The bride looked at me and said, "do i know you?".  I replied, "No, but I"ve known your husband a lot longer than you have and wouldn't have missed this special day".  He thanked me for coming.  She said nothing.  We haven't received a thank you note for the gift.  They had a baby 9 months later... I didn't send a gift.

My son was really sad...he had clearly lost a friend.

PS older brother had been shipped away to pray away the gay camp his senior year in HS.  He flunked out.  He was friendly and happy to see us.  He was included as a groomsmen, but clearly not part of the "wedding party".

PS2:  the young men were all doing the scruffy "lumber jack" look.  Beards and longer hair-some in ponytails.  Very much NOT the clean cut Gothard look, but very Dillardish.  It seems to be the "i-may-be-fundie-but-I'm-still-cool" look.  

28 minutes ago, Mothership said:

I went to my first fundie wedding about 2 years ago.   It was a young man who had been best friends with my son 1-12 grades.  He became very fundie went he went to college.  We had joined us on family vacations, my son called his mother "Mom2" and I got the same nickname from fundie-boy..that is until he became fundie.

Wedding was very odd and very Duggar-Like.  For something that is the big culmination in their young lives, it's all very casual.  HUGE wedding party with all the new fundie friends (none of the HS friends included).  My son flew from the coast three hours to be there (plus the 2 hour drive with us out of the city) and was barely acknowledge by former best friend.  There were a number of guests from his earlier days (and I think we were invited by his mother), but the wedding seemed to be all about the cliquish wedding party.  At no time did the couple greet guests or make any effort to include those not in the wedding party at the reception (which took place after the painfully long wait for pictures to be taken and of course no alcohol to consume during the wait).  

I finally went up to them to say congratulations and that we were taking off to drive home.  The bride looked at me and said, "do i know you?".  I replied, "No, but I"ve known your husband a lot longer than you have and wouldn't have missed this special day".  He thanked me for coming.  She said nothing.  We haven't received a thank you note for the gift.  They had a baby 9 months later... I didn't send a gift.

PS older brother had been shipped away to pray away the gay camp his senior year in HS.  He flunked out.  He was friendly and happy to see us.  He was included as a groomsmen, but clearly not part of the "wedding party".

PS2:  the young men were all doing the scruffy "lumber jack" look.  Beards and longer hair-some in ponytails.  Very much NOT the clean cut Gothard look, but very Dillardish.  It seems to be the "i-may-be-fundie-but-I'm-still-cool" look.  

Oh gosh that sounds awful :( I feel so sorry for your son; it sucks to lose a bestfriend but it must be even more horrid to have the ex best friend treat you like a second class citizen! 

That's so strange about the thank yous (lack there of). I've always recieved a thank you card apart from once but that was a cousin who I'm extremely close to so hugs and thank yous were recieved  in person! 

I so do not want to go to this wedding. I get the feeling that part of the other halfs family really look down on me. Probably because I love wine and I completely embrace gay people with the same kindness and love I would with straight people and I'm a huge advocate for letting people lead the lives they were born for. 

56 minutes ago, Mothership said:

Sorry about your son.  That had to hard. Do you have any idea what turn his friend to Fundie?  

4 hours ago, Mothership said:

My BFF from grade and high schools married into a fundie family and religion. Her wedding was exactly as described above. I was not included in the wedding party (she had been my MOH at my own wedding). It has been 25 years and I will never forget my husband's words, "these people will never be our friends'. He was correct. I tried reaching out for many years and finally have just left  it to Christmas cards. I was 5 months PG at her wedding and had driven 6 hours to attend. It was hot and they ran out of both lemonade and iced-tea, [and ice-] so tap water sin ice was it. The groom's uncle even used the reception to deliver a brimstone and fire lecture. It was horrible. And, yes, there was the baby that showed up 1 year to-the-exact-day of their wedding. My friend had also experienced 1 MC prior to the birth of baby #1-

My friend had always been so fun, smart, educated. I am sure she is also very engaged in her new life. 

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

My BFF from grade and high schools married into a fundie family and religion. Her wedding was exactly as described above. I was not included in the wedding party (she had been my MOH at my own wedding). It has been 25 years and I will never forget my husband's words, "these people will never be our friends'. He was correct. I tried reaching out for many years and finally have just left  it to Christmas cards. I was 5 months PG at her wedding and had driven 6 hours to attend. It was hot and they ran out of both lemonade and iced-tea, [and ice-] so tap water sin ice was it. The groom's uncle even used the reception to deliver a brimstone and fire lecture. It was horrible. And, yes, there was the baby that showed up 1 year to-the-exact-day of their wedding. My friend had also experienced 1 MC prior to the birth of baby #1-

My friend had always been so fun, smart, educated. I am sure she is also very engaged in her new life. 

It's sad when I read stuff like this. Someone what is raised one way and then turns to religion for whatever reason.  I always wonder what triggers in that person to change so dramatically.   

16 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

It's sad when I read stuff like this. Someone what is raised one way and then turns to religion for whatever reason.  I always wonder what triggers in that person to change so dramatically.   

We were both raised in RC homes. We went to RC schools, but neither of us was overtly or showy religious. I have always wondered what happened. It was pretty clear that something did happen. I always felt bad for my friend's parents as they were pretty ensconced in the Roman Catholic faith and my friend turned her back on that denomination.

This is my first time posting, I just lurk but I just had to reply to this thread.  I am an African-American woman married for 32 years.  When I first met my husbands family (our first date), I met his sister who was (and still is) full fundie.  I had been brought up in the black Baptist church but had never met an evangelical fundamentalist before.  She was constantly deriding my husband's family for being Roman Catholic, saying they were going to Hell.  Several years after my husband and I were married, she met a young man (fully fundie) and they wed.  Her husband was, and is, just a sanctimonious jerk.  While growing up my family (well my mother) was very religious and she always encouraged us to explore, learn, and expand our horizons.  She was a public school teacher and both me and my brother attend public school.  I could never understand this almost enforced ignorance.  My SIL and BIL moved to Richmond, had four children, who were all home schooled.  I remember thinking how could someone with a high school education successfully educate children.  Their oldest child was a daughter, again I wondered why educate the child when all she is destined for was marriage and bearing children.

The amazing part is the children turned out very normal.  Their father's parents made sure they all received college educations.  The two oldest have a degree in Architecture and Primary Education. Last Summer the oldest boy was married in a beautiful ceremony in Orlando, FL.  Much to my surprise (and enjoyment) there was alcohol, current young people music, and a whole lot of booty wiggling dancing.  The funniest and most poignant moment that night was when the bride and groom made their toast.  I was sitting next to the groom's sister (my husband's niece) and when the groom commented on how he had kept his virginity (something about a purity ring), out of my mouth comes "Well your uncle and I sure weren't virgins when we got married.)  She turned to me and smiled, "neither am I."  We had a good snicker at that one. 

On July 12, 2016 at 7:24 PM, Bushes of Love said:

Maybe.

There is a test of how British a person is...if you say the words 'shag pile carpet' to them and they don't at least smirk then they aren't British. When I hear those words I think of a plush, fuzzy orgy and collapse into giggles

I can't imagine mentioning my virginity or lack thereof in my wedding toast in front of all my family and friends. They do it just to brag and I find it so gross. It makes me think that maybe I should've mentioned in my wedding speech that my new husband and I had never had sex sans a condom. It seems about as appropriate....

On 8/4/2016 at 4:40 PM, EmCatlyn said:

Yes, it seems to be a tradition with the Duggars, but it doesn't mean the kids are being forced to have ice cream in place of cake.  I bet they really like the ice cream better.  People in the same family often have similar preferences in food.  And even when they don't, they get used to eating meals that work for most of the family.   It is not unique to the Duggars.  

I am not much an ice cream eater, but I can see why the Duggars may like to go out for ice cream on a kids' birthday. It may be that it started out with a discount or discounts but it is obviously something the family enjoys.  

Now, if instead of ice cream the tradition were to have a special pickle salad, I would find it odd. ;) 

I don't find it odd, when the 19 are related/have grown up together.  They may have other individual likes or preferences, but ice cream is a "treat" for most people.  Some people (myself, for instance) might prefer cake, but there is nothing odd a out prefering ice cream.

I'm Eastern European. So that bolded part with the pickle salad would be my favoritest cake ever lol but my taste buds are weird. I'll always pick (good) pickles over chocolate.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic

Archived