IGNORED

Bates Family Part 16 - Babystep Bates

samurai_sarah

On June 10, 2016 at 3:48 PM, marmalade said:

I can't seem to quote right now (it crashed my computer!), but just wanted to let you guys know that Erin is apparently going to announce her pregnancy to the cameras on I Love You Day in next week's episode. 

IN 20 years, I guarentee she will have at least 100 cousins. Possibly many more.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, crazysnark said:

Technically, not a Bates but it looks like Jordan and Olivia Webster (Gothard's niece) just had their second child. Their first child is only 15 months old. It looks like they are going for a quiver full. 

I didn't know one of the Webster SILs was Gothard's niece. The Websters really are a royal ATI family.

Did Alyssa take down the photo of the flat tummy tea? I can't find it anymore… 

1 hour ago, Luisainlondon1 said:

Did Alyssa take down the photo of the flat tummy tea? I can't find it anymore… 

Yes.

And I'm waiting Alyssa posting about Orlando shooting, as she lives in Florida. Oh wait...

(Even horrible Kendal Rich has posted about it, which sincerely surprised me).

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Yes.

And I'm waiting Alyssa posting about Orlando shooting, as she lives in Florida. Oh wait...

(Even horrible Kendal Rich has posted about it, which sincerely surprised me).

Has Taliban Dan posted about the Orlando shooting?  Did it happen in his district?

30 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually he has posted about it on his FB page.  https://www.facebook.com/RepWebster/?fref=ts

I don't think the nightclub is in his district; but probably no more than 10-15 miles outside his district. It is probably in Rep. Corrine Brown's district.

The silence of all the assorted Duggars and Bates about the death of 50 fellow Americans is sickening.

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The silence of all the assorted Duggars and Bates about the death of 50 fellow Americans is sickening.

BinBoob posted about it on his instagram. Nothing too sanctimonious. IIRC something about 50 people dying, and a bible verse.

Frankly, I'd much rather they keep their hateful mouths shut. I centainly don't want to hear their ultra-fake "we're praying for the victims of this heinous attack" bible verse crap. As if they give a rat's ass about gay people dying.

I think it's weird that the hateful fundie types assume everyone killed was gay. Umm, gay people have straight friends and they go out together. I know that's beside the point. I just think it's weird that these people are so ignorant that they think gay clubs only allow gay people in. Do they think there is a LGBT membership card or something? 

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it's weird that the hateful fundie types assume everyone killed was gay. Umm, gay people have straight friends and they go out together. I know that's beside the point. I just think it's weird that these people are so ignorant that they think gay clubs only allow gay people in. Do they think there is a LGBT membership card or something? 

I think the bolded is the part they have a hard time wrapping their minds around. For a lot of sheltered ultra-Christians, the idea that straight people would not only have gay friends but go out with them to one of their clubs is a lot of them to swallow. Why would straights go to a gay bar unless they're secretly gay or something????

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gay clubs/bars have long been a safe haven for the LGBT community.  While straight people do go into them (mostly women), there's a debate going on about whether that is acceptable (the one near me has no women's bathroom, just a men's and a unisex).  Just like last year's black church shooting, it is a place to target a minority community in a place considered safe.  Sure people of all races can go to a black church, but most people there will be black.  Same with a gay club.

AS a straight woman, I've been to my local gay bar.  I love a good drag show.  But now I'm wondering if I should continue as I don't want to be disrespectful.

I've been reading up on the history of gay bars in the wake of yesterday's events.  They're sometimes the first place where someone can come out and be themselves.  Straight people need to respect that.

26 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Gay clubs/bars have long been a safe haven for the LGBT community.  While straight people do go into them (mostly women), there's a debate going on about whether that is acceptable (the one near me has no women's bathroom, just a men's and a unisex).  Just like last year's black church shooting, it is a place to target a minority community in a place considered safe.  Sure people of all races can go to a black church, but most people there will be black.  Same with a gay club.

AS a straight woman, I've been to my local gay bar.  I love a good drag show.  But now I'm wondering if I should continue as I don't want to be disrespectful.

I've been reading up on the history of gay bars in the wake of yesterday's events.  They're sometimes the first place where someone can come out and be themselves.  Straight people need to respect that.

+1.

I have been to gay clubs before as a straight women, but on every occasion, it has been at the invitation of an LGBT friend for occasions such as birthday drinks or my friend who is involved in the drag scene performing in a drag competition or doing a show and has invited us to come and cheer for him. But I wouldn't go to one in another situation....it feels a little like encroaching on the safe space of people who need one, while I view the former as supporting a friend who has invited me to be there for them on their birthday or for their show. 

But that said.....I'd LOVE to see some female only night clubs pop up. I love the idea of somewhere I can go and dance with my girlfriends without worrying about creeps grabbing us or trying to slip roofies into our drinks. 

I think the bolded is the part they have a hard time wrapping their minds around. For a lot of sheltered ultra-Christians, the idea that straight people would not only have gay friends but go out with them to one of their clubs is a lot of them to swallow. Why would straights go to a gay bar unless they're secretly gay or something????

I think the reason it maybe so hard for fundies to understand heterosexuals going to a gay bar is do the the passage in Romans. The passage calls for the death of a whole list of people, but like the Leveticus passage the focus is on the treatment of gays only.

43 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

+1.

I have been to gay clubs before as a straight women, but on every occasion, it has been at the invitation of an LGBT friend for occasions such as birthday drinks or my friend who is involved in the drag scene performing in a drag competition or doing a show and has invited us to come and cheer for him. But I wouldn't go to one in another situation....it feels a little like encroaching on the safe space of people who need one, while I view the former as supporting a friend who has invited me to be there for them on their birthday or for their show. 

But that said.....I'd LOVE to see some female only night clubs pop up. I love the idea of somewhere I can go and dance with my girlfriends without worrying about creeps grabbing us or trying to slip roofies into our drinks. 

Friday night drag shows used to be a standing event on my calendar.  I'd love to go to another, but I want to make sure I'm fully welcome (my cousin is begging me to take her to one, but she's 16 and the venue's strict 21+). I even went to a drag pageant (in the wake of Whitney Houston's death so they all incorporated her into their routines).  I've also seen many a bachelorette party in there too.

I never felt like I was encroaching on someone's safe space (I did have fun at the shows and you can't exactly see drag outside of a gay club) but now I feel I do.

I'm also at the stage in my life where I think I've outgrown the club scene.

I've been to gay clubs. I have to admit it's a pretty nice perk to be the only girl around. Last time I went I got so many compliments it was awesome. And I love a good drag show. I went to one a few months ago for brunch. When the host found out I'm Russian, she started telling me about the time in Coney Island that involved vodka, pickles and memory loss. Good times. Very fun people.

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

One of the women killed was straight. She was there with her 21 year old son who is gay (I believe he was injured, but not killed thankfully.) The fact that she died while trying to spend time with her child in a place he felt safe is horrifically sad to me. She sounds like she was a fantastic mother to all her children - it's people like them that I'm keeping in my thoughts and my heart.

Jessa and Bin both posted about it. While I was grateful it was a standard, "Pray for those hurt and killed," type of thing, I also can't help but be pissed at them for posting about it at the same time. You don't spend years abusing and harassing the LGBTQ community online and then turn around and act like you're sorry people were killed. You contributed to the atmosphere of hate and prejudice - either own it and apologize or shut the fuck up.

Other than those two, I didn't see anything on Instagram about it. 

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

One of the women killed was straight. She was there with her 21 year old son who is gay (I believe he was injured, but not killed thankfully.) The fact that she died while trying to spend time with her child in a place he felt safe is horrifically sad to me. She sounds like she was a fantastic mother to all her children - it's people like them that I'm keeping in my thoughts and my heart.

Jessa and Bin both posted about it. While I was grateful it was a standard, "Pray for those hurt and killed," type of thing, I also can't help but be pissed at them for posting about it at the same time. You don't spend years abusing and harassing the LGBTQ community online and then turn around and act like you're sorry people were killed. You contributed to the atmosphere of hate and prejudice - either own it and apologize or shut the fuck up.

Other than those two, I didn't see anything on Instagram about it. 

I agree. Please BJ, save your crocodile tears and prayers. 

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Please BJ, save your crocodile tears and prayers. 

That's what I said! Stop praying and actually do something. Prayer doesn't work unless it's for your own benefit. It won't help bring all those people back. 

47 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

That's what I said! Stop praying and actually do something. Prayer doesn't work unless it's for your own benefit. It won't help bring all those people back. 

My thoughts are, if people want to pray while also doing something concrete to help - like donating blood or donating to a LGBTQ advocacy group or sending sincere get well cards to the injured victims - then that's fine. If people just pray and don't do anything else... It's a nice enough thought I guess, but it's not exactly going to help anyone. 

I think that's the reason why I could never be Fundie. They honestly believe that their prayers are the only thing that's going to help people who need it. If it brings a bit of comfort to the person in need that's one thing, but if it's something a person does simply to make themselves look or feel better that's another matter entirely. 

So back to the Bates family

According to Michael's IG, her youngest brothers are visiting her.  Think Gil took them along for a BOD meeting?

45 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

So back to the Bates family

According to Michael's IG, her youngest brothers are visiting her.  Think Gil took them along for a BOD meeting?

Free babysitting

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived