IGNORED

Bates Family Part 16 - Babystep Bates

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm sure that if asked, Kelly could spin this to be properly godly. Her heart is wildly chasing after God or something like that. 

I get the feeling that when the grandchildren come over Gil and Kelly aren't watching them or spending time with them, that falls to the Bates children. Gil and Kelly need to take some of that IBLP money and invest in a safer trampoline. Not that they seem to  actually care about the safety of their 19 "blessings", but they could at least put up the appearance of caring. 

They probably bought a second-hand trampoline, the cheaper the better. I don't understand having a big trampoline like that without a net, children are obviously  in danger when jumping. 

But regarding the picture, I think it isn't as dangerous  as someone said. Probably Carlin took Bradley for a little jumping, supervised. Not a right activity for a 20 months old,, but the baby was safe. Plus  Carlin cannot really jump because she wears a skirt. It's probably an staged picture.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't really thinking about the safety of Bradly since I doubt he really jumped, I was thinking of all the younger Bates kids who most likely do jump on it. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

They went to an urgent care place, not an actual hospital. Aren't those places For Profit, so they can say/do whatever they want?

I guess, as long as they don't accept any federal or state funds, such as Medicare or Medicaid, or any insurance plans for public employees that are partially paid for by their jobs (funded by taxpayers). And as long as none of the doctors, nurses, or other medical staff who work there never had any part of their educations financed by federal or state funds/programs. And none of the x-rays, MRIs, blood work, supplies, etc., will be processed or examined in a place that receives public funds.

And as long as the road to get there was built through private financing and the vehicle they used to drive there was made by good Christian men whose wives were at home breeding, well, Gil and Kelly, Bob's your uncle.

I did watch the show and the thought that went through my head is who paid for Gil's surgery?  My mom had emergency abdominal surgery (for a rupture in the intestinal track) about 8 years ago and it was a nice large bill before insurance delt with it.  

As for urgent care, its not that bad cost wise compared to the ER.  My insurance recommends it for simple cases if we cannot get in touch with our doctors.   

Speaking of Carlins shirt, which I think says "tame my wild heart" I caught a bit of an episode where the kids are watching from a couch and commenting on it. It was the episode where Lawson sings to the kids at the hospital and some of the other kids go too. Well carlin is talking about how she had on a shirt that said "thug life" and she didn't realize it til she got there so she was trying to cover it up. I just think it's kinda interesting for her to have shirts with messages that aren't fundie at all. I'm sure she just saw it at a thrift store and thought it was cute but just surprised she would pick that and no one would have an issue with her wearing it. She clearly knew what it meant and thought it wasn't appropriate for the setting given her commentary on the couch.

Speaking of Carlins shirt, which I think says "tame my wild heart" I caught a bit of an episode where the kids are watching from a couch and commenting on it. It was the episode where Lawson sings to the kids at the hospital and some of the other kids go too. Well carlin is talking about how she had on a shirt that said "thug life" and she didn't realize it til she got there so she was trying to cover it up. I just think it's kinda interesting for her to have shirts with messages that aren't fundie at all. I'm sure she just saw it at a thrift store and thought it was cute but just surprised she would pick that and no one would have an issue with her wearing it. She clearly knew what it meant and thought it wasn't appropriate for the setting given her commentary on the couch.

This is hilarious to me. Thug life. Maybe when she's done with it she can donate it to Bin.

Maybe Carlin's tshirt slogans are her "help me" cries written in the sand.

1 hour ago, busdrivingmom said:

I did watch the show and the thought that went through my head is who paid for Gil's surgery?  My mom had emergency abdominal surgery (for a rupture in the intestinal track) about 8 years ago and it was a nice large bill before insurance delt with it.  

As for urgent care, its not that bad cost wise compared to the ER.  My insurance recommends it for simple cases if we cannot get in touch with our doctors.   

I was wondering the same thing about the surgery. I had major surgery of a similar nature several years ago. Between the surgeon's fees, the anesthesiologist's fees, the OR fees, and the four nights in the hospital, the bill was well over $25K. My part, thanks to insurance, was $6K (my deductible, plus copays). I know they often give a discount for cash payers, but I can't see it being cheap enough for Gil, nor would it be an easily grifted amount. I also can't see a hospital agreeing to a services swap like he did with some of the kids' orthodontia.

My insurance pushes urgent care or retail (CVS Minute Clinic). We have a lower copay if we go there vs. going to an ER for non-emergency issues.

The bates family didn't get insurance until after Adddaaaaalllllleeeeeeeeeeee's birth. I think it was an interview with abc. They had to work a deal out with hospital to help cover the cost of the birth and soon after realized they needed insurance. I wonder how they paid for other accidents before that. I remember they said one of the middle boys fell a couple of stories and nearly died. Also a large amount of broken bones. I'm sure they go to Christian faith based places but there's only so much you can grift. The fact that she had children after being 40, and not realizing the risks involved is insane. 

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I was wondering the same thing about the surgery. I had major surgery of a similar nature several years ago. Between the surgeon's fees, the anesthesiologist's fees, the OR fees, and the four nights in the hospital, the bill was well over $25K. My part, thanks to insurance, was $6K (my deductible, plus copays). I know they often give a discount for cash payers, but I can't see it being cheap enough for Gil, nor would it be an easily grifted amount. I also can't see a hospital agreeing to a services swap like he did with some of the kids' orthodontia.

My insurance pushes urgent care or retail (CVS Minute Clinic). We have a lower copay if we go there vs. going to an ER for non-emergency issues.

Every single time I read messages about medical expenses, I stop complaining about my country (for a while) and I realise the lucky we are paying zero euro for doctors/hospitals. 

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Every single time I read messages about medical expenses, I stop complaining about my country (for a while) and I realise the lucky we are paying zero euro for doctors/hospitals. 

Same here, I am scheduled for an operation on my wrist in 2 weeks and all I can say is, I Love the NHS!

12 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I wonder how they paid for other accidents before that. I remember they said one of the middle boys fell a couple of stories and nearly died.

Gil said once that the good thing about the ER is that they had to treat you. I'm not sure they actually did pay medical bills. He was always very vague about how they covered their medical bills. 

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the Bates threads.  I'm trying to do a recap, please tell me if I'm wrong about anything.  Zach and Whitney will be having the 2nd at the end of this month, Erin will have her 2nd a month after that, Michael isn't known to be pregnant and Alyssa is showing her flat abdomen and hawking teas for bloating.  Nathan is courting and who knows maybe engaged, Tori is probably courting but is at least dating her special friend.  Lawson is still trying to push the musical career.  What did I miss?

16 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Maybe she can't read well enough to make out the letters with the funky font.

27 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the Bates threads.  I'm trying to do a recap, please tell me if I'm wrong about anything.  Zach and Whitney will be having the 2nd at the end of this month, Erin will have her 2nd a month after that, Michael isn't known to be pregnant and Alyssa is showing her flat abdomen and hawking teas for bloating.  Nathan is courting and who knows maybe engaged, Tori is probably courting but is at least dating her special friend.  Lawson is still trying to push the musical career.  What did I miss?

Pretty good! I think Erin is supposed to be due in August though. I could be wrong - and even if I'm not she may give birth early like she did with Carson. Hopefully Brooklyn's birth is easier on her. 

ETA: I was going to do a recap for the season premiere... But I didn't record the episode and it's not listed as available On Demand. Lame.

I have the first two episodes set to record this Thursday, so maybe I can start recapping soon. After this week I may be able to recap every Friday - my last day watching my nephew is the 15th, so I should have more time.

As far as I know Erin due date is at the end of august, but she will be induced early. I don't even understand how I know this

4 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

As far as I know Erin due date is at the end of august, but she will be induced early. I don't even understand how I know this

That was my understanding.  With Carson I know they were going to induce her at 36 weeks but she went into labor at that time anyway. 

I have a niece about Bradley's age and she loves the trampoline. If I sit down and hold her hands while she stands across from me, she loves 'jumping'. She gets about 2 inches of air at most, but cackles with glee. It's safe under supervision assuming Bradley wasn't on the trampoline while a whole litter of Bateseseses jumped on it. I assume the particular pic is was specifically posed for. 

18 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I am starting to wonder if perhaps Gil and Kelly are mentally checking out a bit and with it, the girls are pushing the envelope with the modesty standards and seeing just how much they can get away with...... and since the Bateseses are going with the 'we're just normal conservative Southern folk who love Jeebus and happen to have 19 kids' angle instead of the 'look how different we are' angle the Duggars went with, they don't care all that much about a Thug Life shirt and some knee defrauding. 

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I ask my self the exact same thing with most of the stuff I post here. I think most FJers do. I tried to explain my obsession to these people (Duggars, Bateseseses, Andersons) to my roommate and I really had a hard time. I just got "infected" at one point. Other women read InTouch or whatever to keep up with the celebrity-world - I read fundie blogs and FJ threads.

So Erin's second baby will therefore be a month or two younger than Whitney's if all goes well. It's shocking how quickly Erin's caught up with Whitney considering one of the earlier babies she miscarried was due around the same time (or perhaps earlier) as Bradley.

Just now, FrumperedCat said:

So Erin's second baby will therefore be a month or two younger than Whitney's if all goes well. It's shocking how quickly Erin's caught up with Whitney considering one of the earlier babies she miscarried was due around the same time (or perhaps earlier) as Bradley.

I'm not that surprised to be honest. Erin has been pregnant a total of, I believe, five times in just over 2.5 years. Three of those ended in miscarriages, including one D & C. She and Chad seem to be quite fertile together. 

I think it was mentioned on the show that Zach had Police Training and that might have interfered with sweet sweet fellowship time with Whitney - which could mean that they might have had a baby sooner if they had been together more.

It'll be interesting to see how both couples fare in the years to come. Especially the Paines, considering Erin's serious condition and the complications she had in her pregnancy with Carson.

On 5.6.2016 at 3:41 PM, HereticHick said:

Carlin's necklines have definitely headed south. And a baby on trampoline--yeah, that seems wise.:my_dodgy:

I'm really hoping that's not still the same broken tampoline that the little Bates girls were jumping on in their floor-length flower girl dresses from Michael's wedding.

ETA: Talking about this one:

Notice the giant tear. I can't tell if they're the same tampolines (minus the green plastic cover thingy) or not.

2 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I'm really hoping that's not still the same broken tampoline that the little Bates girls were jumping on in their floor-length flower girl dresses from Michael's wedding.

I think that broken trampoline is in the background to the left of this trampoline. 

About what age do toddlers wean from pacifiers? Miss GG never took to one, so I'm clueless.

20 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

About what age do toddlers wean from pacifiers? Miss GG never took to one, so I'm clueless.

My DD could not stand the pacifier, repeatedly spit it across the room until I figured out (duh) she didn't want it, ever. Being my first and only, I thought all babies liked plugs, as I call them. Nope.

Depends on the kid.

My daughter had one until age 3

Her daughter has one @ 2. My son was a thumb sucker...until age 7.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived