IGNORED

Bates Family Part 16 - Babystep Bates

samurai_sarah

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of last episode, did I hear correctly that they had tutors coming for  the kids? For reference it was during the surgery plan discussion with Lawson and Nathan. 

Yes you heard it correctly. Kelly was the one who actually said while she and Gil Were talking to Lawson and Nathan. I don't recall seeing any non-Bates there at the house.

If they have Decent professional tutors for the kids, good for them. If they have a poor fundie girl teaching the kids like the duggars do, well, I guess good for Tori.

5 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Yes you heard it correctly. Kelly was the one who actually said while she and Gil Were talking to Lawson and Nathan. I don't recall seeing any non-Bates there at the house.

I spied a non-Bates on the couch when Carlin stopped school time for card making time. 

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

If they have Decent professional tutors for the kids, good for them. If they have a poor fundie girl teaching the kids like the duggars do, well, I guess good for Tori.

I'm going with the last option, but they will play it up on the show to be the first. Does Kelly even pretend to teach her kids or be a mother anymore? 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm going with the last option, but they will play it up on the show to be the first. Does Kelly even pretend to teach her kids or be a mother anymore? 

I was convinced they "paid" Tori to teach the kids. She is not even trying anymore

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I was convinced they "paid" Tori to teach the kids. She is not even trying anymore

Forget paying Tori. They should have paid Michael for raising their kids for them all these years. No sibling should have to potty train almost all their younger siblings without financial compensation being involved! :pb_lol:

Wasn't it instead of letting Tori get a job she had to teach her siblings to "earn" money? 

UP did a recap of Thursday's episode in 19 seconds. If UP can turn an hour episode into a 19 second recap then it didn't need to be one hour.

I'm kind of leaning towards Gil's trip to urgent care for the splinter as a FU internetz. That scene felt staged to me.

2 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Here's the male nurse that took care of Gil if anyone is interested:

Is that a religious sign n an ER? 

Christian hospital?

I had to pray with a patient the other day, and felt so weirded out by it, but they were going through hell and I wasn't going to say no.  If a member of medical staff initiated it to me as a patient or religious stuff was present in a patient area, that would be a gazillion times worse and creep me out.

If your talking about God getting you through health issues, then you should try (not to) remember that he gave you the health issues in the first place!

Carlin's necklines have definitely headed south. And a baby on trampoline--yeah, that seems wise.:my_dodgy:

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Carlin's necklines have definitely headed south. And a baby on trampoline--yeah, that seems wise.:my_dodgy:

Bradley doesn't even look like he's enjoying himself on that trampoline, and it's a definite safety risk, so why bother? Of course, I'm sure safety isn't a huge concern for the Bateseses.

Blame My Wild Heart? I thought they were all about not giving away pieces of your heart and randomly falling in love. Unless I've missed something here.

NIKE!!! :playful2:

Edit: sorry, adding a bit more color to my original post above. It's just that every time I see a, g-d forbid, relaxation in the modesty standard, I think of the Duggars' NIKE! scream and laugh. I almost converted my husband to yelling NIKE! - the first time I did it and laughed hysterically afterwards, he looked at me like I was crazy. Then I had to go down the rabbit hole of explaining fundies, FJ, etc. I think he still thinks I am a bit crazy, hehe...

45 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Blame My Wild Heart? I thought they were all about not giving away pieces of your heart and randomly falling in love. Unless I've missed something here.

I'm sure that if asked, Kelly could spin this to be properly godly. Her heart is wildly chasing after God or something like that. 

I get the feeling that when the grandchildren come over Gil and Kelly aren't watching them or spending time with them, that falls to the Bates children. Gil and Kelly need to take some of that IBLP money and invest in a safer trampoline. Not that they seem to  actually care about the safety of their 19 "blessings", but they could at least put up the appearance of caring. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

I'm sure that if asked, Kelly could spin this to be properly godly. Her heart is wildly chasing after God or something like that. 

I get the feeling that when the grandchildren come over Gil and Kelly aren't watching them or spending time with them, that falls to the Bates children. Gil and Kelly need to take some of that IBLP money and invest in a safer trampoline. Not that they seem to  actually care about the safety of their 19 "blessings", but they could at least put up the appearance of caring. 

I was actually thinking that about the spinning it to be Godly thing. Like how Sarah Maxwell often signs off her posts "Only for Jesus!"

Shoes on the trampoline, pacifier in kid's mouth, too young child, and no net.  What could go wrong?

12 hours ago, patsymae said:

I'm pretty sure it was urgent care.  He had searched on his phone for a nearby one, by name (but I didn't catch the name).  So maybe there's a chain of fundie-friendly urgent care places in their area.

15 hours ago, patsymae said:

They went to an urgent care place, not an actual hospital. Aren't those places For Profit, so they can say/do whatever they want?

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived