IGNORED

Bates Family Part 16 - Babystep Bates

samurai_sarah

My mother loved the scent of leather during one of her pregnancies. First she would sniff my dad's new winter shoes he had in the closet waiting for winter but then he decided to sell them to a friend and keep his old ones another year and then my mom had to go around to every shop in town that sold belts because she could pretend that she was just looking at them very carefully when she was in fact taking in their scent. I don't think this had anything with any need for more vitamins more regular pregnancy weirdness. I enjoy the smell of windscreen washing fluid during pregnancy.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Catholic and NOT 'ebil' said:

This is a condition called Pica. If I remember correctly, it's a vitamin deficiency that causes these intense cravings in pregnancy of items that aren't really 'food.' It can occur outside of pregnancy as well. I remember reading years ago about a woman who craved, and indulged in, red clay dirt. There were also stories of women who ate the cornstarch you mentioned and baking powder. 

I think it's the same reason for some little kids eat plants soil or clay. I'm not sure if it's caused by lack of vitamins or iron or it's just an strange craving.

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

Okay, let me get this straight: This company wants people to promote them on social media FOR NOTHING? Why the fuck would anyone want to advertize a company they have no ties to without compensation? Am I missing something here?

(I'm deliberately ignoring the disgusting weight-shaming going on here. I don't even have words for that except FUCK THEM.)

NOT supporting them - but my guess is their compensation is free product. $40 laxatives for free! yummy. 

14 hours ago, Catholic and NOT 'ebil' said:

This is a condition called Pica. If I remember correctly, it's a vitamin deficiency that causes these intense cravings in pregnancy of items that aren't really 'food.' It can occur outside of pregnancy as well. I remember reading years ago about a woman who craved, and indulged in, red clay dirt. There were also stories of women who ate the cornstarch you mentioned and baking powder. 

Never been pregnant, but I am terribly anemic. I take massive prescription supplements. I can tell if I my levels are low because I start craving ice. An overwhelming desire to chew ice is an indicator of iron deficiency. It's classified as Pica, even though ice is a food, kind of.

You wanna know who is crop top ready? Anyone with a crop top and ready to put it on.

you also want to know who has a bikini body? Anyone with a bikini and a body. 

Fuck them. People can wear whatever style of clothing they want no matter their body shape.

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You wanna know who is crop top ready? Anyone with a crop top and ready to put it on.

Fuck them. People can wear whatever style of clothing they want no matter their body shape.

yeah and their assumptions are weird

1. You must have a flat tummy to wear a crop top

2. You got a flat tummy without our tea??? How???

The poster on tumblr has an update where they sent her an email "apologizing" but as you can imagine, it wasn't really an apology. Also they asked her to take down all the posts she had up about them! 

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am pretty sure Donald Trump has not a bikini body. Every rule has to have an exception :pb_lol:

31 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Also this post reminded me that I need to get BIKINI BODY READY

Gotta go buy a bikini

I keep reading it as Linda Belcher and gets funnier by the minute

30 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I keep reading it as Linda Belcher and gets funnier by the minute

Well I hope you appreciate this, but I have a voice just like Linda Belcher and before Bob's Burgers I would sing dumb songs that I made up and I really do say "alriiiight!" a lot.

Well I hope you appreciate this, but I have a voice just like Linda Belcher and before Bob's Burgers I would sing dumb songs that I made up and I really do say "alriiiight!" a lot.

You know we all want you do come up with a goofy song and audio of you singing it [emoji6].

1 hour ago, sophie10130 said:

yeah and their assumptions are weird

1. You must have a flat tummy to wear a crop top

2. You got a flat tummy without our tea??? How???

The poster on tumblr has an update where they sent her an email "apologizing" but as you can imagine, it wasn't really an apology. Also they asked her to take down all the posts she had up about them! 

The first assumption annoys me, but assumption #2 pisses me off as someone who has a low tolerance for diet woo bullshit. If ANY product says that it can spot-reduce parts of the body, it's almost invariably complete and utter bullshit. The only thing those teas and wraps and creams and protein bars will spot-reduce is your bank account balance; if you want a flat stomach, eat healthy food and exercise (just doing situps is pointless, though). If you want slimmer thighs, eat healthy food and exercise. But honestly, the goals you should have when you start a fitness plan should be centered around getting stronger, more flexible, more confident, and gaining more stamina and energy. If you wind up looking like a swimsuit model as a side effect of that, great. And if you don't, who the hell cares? It's still great because you're eating good stuff and becoming stronger and faster and bendier.

14 minutes ago, infooverload said:

You know we all want you do come up with a goofy song and audio of you singing it emoji6.png.

There's a scene in Bob's Burgers where I think Mr. Fischoeder asks "Bob have you ever been in love?"

And Bob says "I-I guess. I technically am."

And then Linda's in the background and she goes "Hiii!"

That's basically my marriage to Mr. Sophie in a nutshell. Also for a very long time up until my last pair, all my glasses were red. Sigh. I miss those guys. I can't wait to get new glasses.

But sometimes I'm more of a Tina. I say ugghhh a lot and man I really do love butts.

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Never been pregnant, but I am terribly anemic. I take massive prescription supplements. I can tell if I my levels are low because I start craving ice. An overwhelming desire to chew ice is an indicator of iron deficiency. It's classified as Pica, even though ice is a food, kind of.

I never had Pica while pregnant but I've had it ever since my transplanted kidney failed in November. I'm terribly anemic as well. I get iron infusions twice a month and EPO shots at home. I crave laundry detergent!

15 minutes ago, HCB said:

I never had Pica while pregnant but I've had it ever since my transplanted kidney failed in November. I'm terribly anemic as well. I get iron infusions twice a month and EPO shots at home. I crave laundry detergent!

Wow, I'm glad I just have the crazing for ice...

I'm sorry to read about your kidney.

23 hours ago, Catholic and NOT 'ebil' said:

I most definitely had this as a kid. I would eat the drywall from the sides of the wall and I ended up needing surgery on my teeth and had to go to the children's hospital. I'm not sure at all when it stopped but I stopped eventually. 

12 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Also this post reminded me that I need to get BIKINI BODY READY

Gotta go buy a bikini

It was my resolution for 2016, but after my achilles tendon tear in february all my motivation went south. Unfortunately my craving for fast food made a HUGE comeback. I haven't felt so negative about my body since 4 years. It is really depressing.

I feel for you @ophelia.  I have issues with my weight yo-yoing, and when you get injured, it's so hard to maintain the drive necessary to lose weight

Thank you, @bashfulpixie

I really need to get a better opinion of my body. Right now I feel like: You are ugly anyway, just eat those fries. I feel really trapped in this circle of selfhate, attempted weight loss and trying to have more bodypositivity.

18 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

There's a scene in Bob's Burgers where I think Mr. Fischoeder asks "Bob have you ever been in love?"

And Bob says "I-I guess. I technically am."

And then Linda's in the background and she goes "Hiii!"

That's basically my marriage to Mr. Sophie in a nutshell. Also for a very long time up until my last pair, all my glasses were red. Sigh. I miss those guys. I can't wait to get new glasses.

But sometimes I'm more of a Tina. I say ugghhh a lot and man I really do love butts.

Bob's Burgers is my favorite show in the whole world, and I let my kids watch it, and it really pisses off their dad, and IDGAF.

20 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I am pretty sure Donald Trump has not a bikini body. Every rule has to have an exception :pb_lol:

Thanks for the mental image. *barf*

:brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:

On 6/8/2016 at 4:10 AM, JillyO said:

Okay, let me get this straight: This company wants people to promote them on social media FOR NOTHING? Why the fuck would anyone want to advertize a company they have no ties to without compensation? Am I missing something here?

(I'm deliberately ignoring the disgusting weight-shaming going on here. I don't even have words for that except FUCK THEM.)

So good to know Alyssa is aligning herself with such an honorable company. Typical.

Quiverdance sounds like me letting my son watch Bob's Burgers. My husband doesn't like it either. However, I can enjoy watching Bob's vs something like VeggieTales. Although when my son was younger and I was cutting a cucumber he was all you're cutting Larry the cucumber. I had a good laugh.

48 minutes ago, infooverload said:

Quiverdance sounds like me letting my son watch Bob's Burgers. My husband doesn't like it either. However, I can enjoy watching Bob's vs something like VeggieTales. Although when my son was younger and I was cutting a cucumber he was all you're cutting Larry the cucumber. I had a good laugh.

Ture story Veggie Tales is a product of my town.  I cannot.  even. with it.  

I may or may not channel Linda Belcher on a frequent basis.  Fortunately, my friends love me anyway.

On 6/6/2016 at 8:58 PM, Geechee Girl said:

Your experience with DD sounds a lot like Miss GG and me.

Another query. What age should kids be done with the stroller? 

Pacis my boys didn't care for and stopped completely around 6 months. Stroller, they are 4.5 years and still love going on a stroller walk! We don't bring it anyplace because they're more than capable of walking (they can do a 2 mile hike!), but we still sometimes talk a stroller walk around the neighborhood.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived