IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Five

SpoonfulOSugar

Pretty sure she and their super hot brother Stephen are the only unmarried Bradrick children...As mentioned before, Kelly and Peter for sure have slowed down and Katie and Phillip only have 3 as well.  

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per my aunt, who knows the family, Jennie Chancey is expecting again.  I think the new little one is due sometime in the spring.  This is number 11 or 12, I think.

My notes say she's 45 and this will be 12, but that's all I've got and I'm not super confident about that age guess. Does anyone have the kids' names and ages? 

10 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Do we know if the only unmarried Bradrick sister (Cecily? the one who looks exactly like their mother) is still a SAHD or has she become a helpmeet yet? She must be in her mid-thirties now.

My records show Cecily is 38, no marriage listed.

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

My records show Cecily is 38, no marriage listed.

All of the other Bradrick kids are married off. Except for Stephen, but he doesn't seem fundie at all and I think he has no need for marriage at this point. I really wonder if there wasn't any suitors for Cecily or if it might have be her choice not to get married? Or, worst case, the Bradrick parents are keeping one of their daughters home so that in the future they'll have someone to take care of them.

Katrina Britton (Rebsch)  is expecting her fourth boy. Due date is March 2017.

I didn't see topic about Rebsch sisters. Although they are active on blogs and websites. They are "Daughter of Vision"'s friends.

Katrina married a pastor Nathan Britton and had three boys (soon four) since may 2012. Her blog is "Living for Jesus".

Kateline (no joke, almost the same name for the two sisters!!) married Nathan Day (no joke, I said) and had three girls since november 2009. Her missionary husband's blog is "Days in Ukraine".

Is there someone who knows them? I think they can make their entrance in the big crazy fundie family World... if it isn't already done.....

1 hour ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Katrina married a pastor Nathan Britton and had three boys (soon four) since may 2012. Her blog is "Living for Jesus".

Kateline (no joke, almost the same name for the two sisters!!) married Nathan Day (no joke, I said) and had three girls since november 2009. Her missionary husband's blog is "Days in Ukraine".

I knew a woman who had twin daughters.  She named one "Carolyn" and one "Carol Lynn."  (This was over 50 years ago, but still I'd think she knew other names.)

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

All of the other Bradrick kids are married off. Except for Stephen, but he doesn't seem fundie at all and I think he has no need for marriage at this point. I really wonder if there wasn't any suitors for Cecily or if it might have be her choice not to get married? Or, worst case, the Bradrick parents are keeping one of their daughters home so that in the future they'll have someone to take care of them.

To be honest I think exactly this is happening in many fundie families. Sara Maxwell, mid 30's, still at home. Not to mention Sarah & Anna who are both old enough to have lives of their own but will never leave daddy's house.  Adeline Morton, mid 20's, still at home. Many Duggars, well over 18, still at home. Dough Phillip's daughters, all still at home. Madera Smith, still at home. Hell, her mother openly admits she ain't going anywhere until Sitara can pick up her chores because Jacqueline is as useful as a broken fork. Cecily Bradrick. Monica Damings sister. Countless others.

I really think that is a big part of the reason they aren't given an education outside the home. If Mr. right doesn't come along and kiss daddy's ass enough for him to give up his jr. helpmeet, he never has to give her up and he will forever have a kid at home to do his bidding and take care of things. It's not like the girls are given any other option and that can only be strategic, not an oversight.

Making girls good only for being wives & mothers keeps pretty much guarantees they belong to either a husband or their father.

Pretty sweet deal for these patriarchal parents.

Still nothing about Priscilla and baby #3, then? Hope she doesn't go as overdue as sister-in-law Jill did and that she has an easy labour. 

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

To be honest I think exactly this is happening in many fundie families. Sara Maxwell, mid 30's, still at home. Not to mention Sarah & Anna who are both old enough to have lives of their own but will never leave daddy's house.  Adeline Morton, mid 20's, still at home. Many Duggars, well over 18, still at home. Dough Phillip's daughters, all still at home. Madera Smith, still at home. Hell, her mother openly admits she ain't going anywhere until Sitara can pick up her chores because Jacqueline is as useful as a broken fork. Cecily Bradrick. Monica Damings sister. Countless others.

I really think that is a big part of the reason they aren't given an education outside the home. If Mr. right doesn't come along and kiss daddy's ass enough for him to give up his jr. helpmeet, he never has to give her up and he will forever have a kid at home to do his bidding and take care of things. It's not like the girls are given any other option and that can only be strategic, not an oversight.

Making girls good only for being wives & mothers keeps pretty much guarantees they belong to either a husband or their father.

And when the parents are dead the other siblings are supposed to take care of their still single sisters? I mean what else is out there for these women? With zero education and/or experience. It's so damn sad.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

What you are suggesting makes perfect sense. And borders on criminal. These fucking people just keep getting worse. (I shall cling to the hope that you are wrong, though.) 

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Absolutely agree! I'd go even further and guess that some fundie fathers keep their FAVORITE daughter at home. Perhaps subconsciously, they can't seem to think that any suitor is good enough for their prized golden virgin. I see that with Sarah Maxwell, Esther Staddon, perhaps Jana Duggar, and definitely the Botkins. Meanwhile, the girls just think it's the Lord's will that no one has come along yet.

It kind of reminds me of Arthur Miller's play "A View From the Bridge" and Eddie's unhealthy obsession with his daughter, finding every possible excuse to prevent her from marrying. It does not end well...

I was just joining in here to say we mustn't forget the Botkinettes, still single despite all their books, CDs, speeches and blog posts about The One Right Way to relate to guys, follow the courtship model, and fulfill their august patriarch's 200-year plan. 

Their recent silence has been deafening. 

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

And when the parents are dead the other siblings are supposed to take care of their still single sisters? I mean what else is out there for these women? With zero education and/or experience. It's so damn sad.

God will provide. And if he doesn't, he's just testing your faith. Or something.

Whatever happens, they'll have an answer.

6 hours ago, uber frau said:

God will provide. And if he doesn't, he's just testing your faith. Or something.

Whatever happens, they'll have an answer.

Sick. Disgusting. I just cannot imagine how awful their life as spinster SAHD must be, but after their parents death it will be even worse.

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

Not sure if it's been noted, but Danny and Bethany Lane's newest blessing (#4, due January) will be a boy named Caleb. 

Finally a normal name in that family.

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

Not sure if it's been noted, but Danny and Bethany Lane's newest blessing (#4, due January) will be a boy named Caleb. 

Interesting, no more L-name.

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Interesting, no more L-name.

Maybe they'll call him Leb ;-)

what are the older kids' names? 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe they'll call him Leb ;-)

what are the older kids' names? 

Lewis Dan, Lynnora Jean, London Elizabeth

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Lewis Dan, Lynnora Jean, London Elizabeth

I adore Lynnora but I much prefer the spelling Lenora. And I like Lewis but much prefer the Louis spelling. Obviously I hate how they spell names but their names aren't bad. At least they didn't spell London like Londyn and Caleb like Kalub.

Lynnora and Lenora are not pronounced the same to me, as Lewis and Louis. Nor are London and Londyn and Caleb and Kalub. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived