IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Five

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Regarding the oldest Morton daughter is she the one who's husband got arrested?  

Yes, Bret Alan Smith II. 

1 hour ago, halcionne said:

That's Alyssa. One of those posts (there are two) is a snippet of video and Addie's voice isn't what I'd imagined at all. Much deeper and adult-like than I would ever have guessed. It reminds me of someone, but I'm not sure who; maybe Julia Roberts?

Huh, I guess her hair looks different. I was thinking it might be Lise or something.

10 hours ago, withaj said:

Good lord. DeKalb? They must be really into being from Georgia. 

It gets weirder. 

According to Michael's Facebook, DeKalb is, in fact, the baby's middle name. Or, third name?

His full name is:

El Roi DeKalb Morton

Apparently, Michael & Kressant have birthed god.

22 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

It gets weirder. 

According to Michael's Facebook, DeKalb is, in fact, the baby's middle name. Or, third name?

His full name is:

El Roi DeKalb Morton

El Roi as in Elroy? Good thing they'll be calling him DeKalb. Apologies if that offends anyone.

24 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

It gets weirder. 

His full name is:

El Roi DeKalb Morton

._.

I take it back, I wish I would've never said that I hope DeKalb is the middle name. It's a really nice name compared to whatever the hell El Roi is supposed to be!

El Roi means "the king" using the Spanish article and the French king. Not sure why they were combined when that name was created (Leroy is the king in just French), but it's an old one. 

Very odd name for them. 

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

It gets weirder. 

His full name is:

El Roi DeKalb Morton

Good lord. I hope their next child isn't born in Paraguay -- or they manage to come up with a better Spanish language tribute name than "El Roi" which is just... wrong.

I am kind of tired of the royalty name trends. So many celebrities have done it. King, Kingston, Reign, Royalty, and many more that I don't want to list *cough* jermajesty *cough*

He's probably named after Johann de Kalb.  The S'mortons have a bit of a habit of naming children after historical political or religious figures.

El Roi is beyond me.   The only other thing I can think of is that they mean El in the Hebrew sense.  Maybe they meant to say, "God [is] King"?

1 hour ago, Jessalyn said:

When I heard El Roi, all i can think of are the Jetsons haha

Lol I thought of the Jetsons, but for some reason it also brought to mind the kind of names given at FLDS compounds.

On 7.11.2016 at 4:38 AM, JMO said:

Martha has pics up. Cute baby. It also looks like she had the baby in the hospital based on the bed, the way she and the baby are dressed, and a bit of a wheel on what looks to be a tray table in the background .  I think this is her first hospital birth ??

I think the rest of her kids were born at home.

On 7.11.2016 at 5:59 AM, Bethella said:

He is Kressant's 7th. By my count there are 28 Morton grandkids, 22 Smith grandkids.

That is so insane. And even if there is only one confirmed pregnancy going on right now, there probably will at least two Morton grandbabies in 2017. I'm guessing Keni and Martha will be next. Rachel is overdue with a new announcement and at the end of 2017 it could be time for Lise and Darth to have another.

There is definite fundie-ness to the name. I had not clue so I Googled. Wiki and several bible/religion sites returned this:

The translation of El Roi is commonly "The God Who Sees". El Roi is a descriptive epithet for God using the word "El" (God) and a modifier indicating a quality of God. It was first mentioned in the Book of Genesis (Genesis 16:13), by Hagar, mother of Abraham's eldest son, Ishmael.

I don't know from experience, only my recent reading, but it seems this reference to god was a one time thing in the bible.

But, I'm guessing that one time made an impact on Michael Morton or his father or someone in that family to saddle their child with the name.

Or, I could be entirely wrong. Who knows. All I really know is...WTF? That poor kid. At least he'll never be in a school yard to be teased by other kids.

On 11/8/2016 at 9:02 AM, fundiefan said:

There is definite fundie-ness to the name. I had not clue so I Googled. Wiki and several bible/religion sites returned this:

The translation of El Roi is commonly "The God Who Sees". El Roi is a descriptive epithet for God using the word "El" (God) and a modifier indicating a quality of God. It was first mentioned in the Book of Genesis (Genesis 16:13), by Hagar, mother of Abraham's eldest son, Ishmael.

I don't know from experience, only my recent reading, but it seems this reference to god was a one time thing in the bible.

But, I'm guessing that one time made an impact on Michael Morton or his father or someone in that family to saddle their child with the name.

Or, I could be entirely wrong. Who knows. All I really know is...WTF? That poor kid. At least he'll never be in a school yard to be teased by other kids.

I've been too busy trying to catch up on Jinger's wedding to check this thread recently, but yes, that has to be where El Roi comes from. With my fundie background I recognized it immediately, even the meaning. What I can't understand is why they would give a name of God to their little boy. That seems like it comes close to blasphemy. No one names their kid Jehovah. Even if they intend to call him DeKalb (which is awful), El Roi is a strange choice. A Puritanesque stying of Thou-God-Seest-Me DeKalb would have been better, IMO.

7 minutes ago, cami said:

Is Rachel Morton pregnant?

There had been speculation Rachel was pregnant awhile back but nothing was ever confirmed. Her last birth was March 2015; her shortest time between births is 16 months which would have put her due in July 2016; she averages 20 months between births, which would predict her next birth this month (November 2016); and her longest time between births is 30 months which predicts her next birth in September 2017.

@Bethella, I have noticed that you are a wealth of fundie knowledge.  Please tell me that you have a spreadsheet and don't just know this off the tip of your tongue.  

On October 15, 2016 at 10:44 AM, teachergirl said:

The quote box won't work right for me, sorry. 

Anyway, Rachel is due in April. 

3 hours ago, JMO said:

@Bethella, I have noticed that you are a wealth of fundie knowledge.  Please tell me that you have a spreadsheet and don't just know this off the tip of your tongue.  

Yes, I'm the current list-keeper for the FJ spreadsheet and I'm responsible for updating the list at the beginning of the thread. That's why I have the lovely pink "Lists" under my avatar. 

13 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Not sure if she is considered fundie but Maddie Brush of Sister Wives is expecting her first child in May per her instagram 

Oh my god, can you even imagine Kody as a grandfather? I know I can't.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived