IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Five

SpoonfulOSugar

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Lewis Dan, Lynnora Jean, London Elizabeth

Lewis Dan made me think of Lieutenant Dannnnn! Sorry. Just easily distracted. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Lynnora and Lenora are not pronounced the same to me, as Lewis and Louis. Nor are London and Londyn and Caleb and Kalub. 

Where I'm from, I've seen all of those different spellings and it doesn't matter. People will pronounce them all the same. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I adore Lynnora but I much prefer the spelling Lenora. And I like Lewis but much prefer the Louis spelling. Obviously I hate how they spell names but their names aren't bad. At least they didn't spell London like Londyn and Caleb like Kalub.

I remember Bethany playing with the spelling when she was pregnant. She got all kinds of creative ideas and was collecting opinions on Facebook. I don't remember them all, but Lynnora is in every way intentional.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Where I'm from, I've seen all of those different spellings and it doesn't matter. People will pronounce them all the same. 

That annoys the crap out of me. Letters have definite sounds. 

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That's why I typically stick with common or traditional spellings. As I want my children's names pronounced the way they are spelled. The Londyn I know pronounces it just like London. 

48 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That's actually fairly regional. Here in the PNW, we pronounce different vowel sounds with a lot less distinction from one another, for example. This is known as the cot/caught merger. Here's more information if you're interested. http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/americanvarieties/pacificnorthwest/

As with a lot of regional accent/dialect issues, it's not actually a matter of right or wrong. Personally I would pronounce Lenora and Lynnora the same. 

17 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

That's actually fairly regional. Here in the PNW, we pronounce different vowel sounds with a lot less distinction from one another, for example. This is known as the cot/caught merger. Here's more information if you're interested. http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/americanvarieties/pacificnorthwest/

As with a lot of regional accent/dialect issues, it's not actually a matter of right or wrong. Personally I would pronounce Lenora and Lynnora the same. 

I once had a lost in translation moment with a cashier when I moved South. She was saying "use the pen" to hit accept on the credit card machine, but I kept hearing "use a PIN", and telling her it wasn't asking for my PIN code. Lol.

Now, I too, pronounce those words exactly the same.

On 17/10/2016 at 8:22 PM, ophelia said:

And when the parents are dead the other siblings are supposed to take care of their still single sisters? I mean what else is out there for these women? With zero education and/or experience. It's so damn sad.

Shuffled from family to family - and if the SAHD lives longer than her siblings, who supports her then - her nieces and nephews?  It's like something out of Victorian/Georgian times.

as suspected Meredith Hammer is expecting number 4, baby girl Eleanor in less than a month.... All of her children share one bedroom and they recently allowed their son to sleep in a crawlspace type of thing ( like Harry Potter).  If they continue to breed like rabbits I have no idea where they will fit all of their children since they are living in such a high cost of living area.  Her instagram is meredith a hammer....

10 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

as suspected Meredith Hammer is expecting number 4, baby girl Eleanor in less than a month.... All of her children share one bedroom and they recently allowed their son to sleep in a crawlspace type of thing ( like Harry Potter).  If they continue to breed like rabbits I have no idea where they will fit all of their children since they are living in such a high cost of living area.  Her instagram is meredith a hammer....

Do you know where they live?  That seems so unfundie to live in such a high cost area. 

14 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Do you know where they live?  That seems so unfundie to live in such a high cost area. 

Cambridge MA I believe.

39 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Wow!!  What a very unfundie place to live. Do you know why they live their.

Her husband is in Harvard Law School.

10 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Wow!!  What a very unfundie place to live. Do you know why they live their.

Meredith isn't your typical fundie. She also lived in England with him for awhile after they married. She married a highly educated man who was looking for a perfect fundie wife online and found her blog. It's a creepy story if you ask me. And I met my husband online!

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Meredith isn't your typical fundie. She also lived in England with him for awhile after they married. She married a highly educated man who was looking for a perfect fundie wife online and found her blog. It's a creepy story if you ask me. And I met my husband online!

That is very creepy I guess because I'm so use to seeing Fundie men who are uneducated. 

12 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Correction, it's a ~*~CLASSY!!~*~ area, like everything associated with the Hammer union.

I think I remember Meredith. The England factoid stirred up some vague memories. Does she still have a blog?

15 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

Pris Waller gave birth to a son: Phillip Andrew Waller (per their  Instagram)

'Bout damn time, the wait was starting to reach Dillard levels. I was beginning to think Joshley and Anna would announce #5 before she delivered.

18 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Is it meredith.a.hammer? because I found someone on something called "gramlove" I think is her, but I wasn't sure. Havne't followed her in the past that much, though I know who she is. 

yes that's her....i imagine he saved rmy money and may be getting some financial aid but I have no idea how they are living in Cambridge with four children and a husband in law school...Her brother also got married this summer per her Instagram.

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

yes that's her....i imagine he saved rmy money and may be getting some financial aid but I have no idea how they are living in Cambridge with four children and a husband in law school...Her brother also got married this summer per her Instagram.

I think he was in Army long enough to qualify for GI Bill and there's a housing stipend with that, which I suspect would help.  His income as a student w/4 kids would probably qualify for aid as well.

48 minutes ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

I think he was in Army long enough to qualify for GI Bill and there's a housing stipend with that, which I suspect would help.  His income as a student w/4 kids would probably qualify for aid as well.

Even with the benefits, though, I imagine money is still tight. The son sleeping in a crawl space type area makes me think getting a bigger place would be a financial hardship for them.

Does anyone know how much longer Stephan has to go until graduation? Any idea on where they plan to settle afterward?

I think this is his second year....it is just such an interesting combo of them being fundie in a fairly liberal, VERY high cost of living area that is also the home of the devil's work, I mean public education:)

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived