IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Five

SpoonfulOSugar

Surfacing from the Dixon rabbithole, to ask...

Were these REALLY Jocelyn and Leandro snarking on each other in this thread?  Why were Leandro's posts all redacted?  I tried searching but it's all a mystery!!! 

(ETA I know Alecto says she verified Leandro in that thread, but didn't she also verify Razing Ruth?  Does that mean much, FJers from back then?)

I am struggling for words in general, but this rabbit hole is a warren with about 5,000 tunnels...  off down another one!

ETA: Seems like every Dixon thread was populated by people who were friends with them on FB, or "friends in real life" - any FJers from the time have an opinion whether they really were, or there was a a lot of trolling around them?

ETA this thread, eg!!!!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lurky said:

(ETA I know Alecto says she verified Leandro in that thread, but didn't she also verify Razing Ruth?  Does that mean much, FJers from back then?)

No.  "Ruth" became a member long before we were a moderated forum..  A lot of people believed strongly in Ruth, partly because V y c k i e at NLQ vouched for her - and stubbornly continued to vouch for her long after Ruth had been exposed by FJ.

I somehow missed Leandro's visit.  It looks as though he posted and then deleted his own posts very quickly.  The posts where people quoted him are still intact.  Others may remember.

@Palimpsest   I think I was remembering this post, but not the answer, whatever it was!

(Treemom seemed to think Alecto had verified part of RR's story here, but I guess that could be misremebering too.  But I think I'm conflating all that with V being adamant Ruth was real)

(and now I've rescued myself from the Dixon rabbithole, by revisiting Ruth's....  guess nothing is getting done this PM!)

@Lurky - that Ruth thread is a trip down memory lane!  Accusations and conspiracy theories all over the show. 

Not to contradict @treemom, but I think her memory was off.  The whole thing got very passionate. It's like Snowball from Animal Farm: 

If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Snowball  Alecto had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Snowball Alecto had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after the mislaid key was found under a sack of meal.

I was never fond of Alecto, but don't remember her ever officially verifying anything about Ruth.  I especially don't think she could (or would) have verified the imaginary journey of a fictitious sister from AR to CA. :lol:

@Palimpsest I've been mentally high-fiving you and @Koala and @ladyamylynn  through that thread!

Re Leandro deleting - I was assuming it was all deleted at a later date, as no one was commenting on him deleting at the time - but I'm also so used to the half-hour-edit-window, so I have no idea how it used to work :my_biggrin:

On 8/5/2016 at 0:34 PM, teachergirl said:

We can add Audri Botkin and Lacie Bowman to this list....They both look pregnant in their recital photos on Lacie music page on FB.

Any confirmation for Audri? She doesn't actually look pregnant in those pics, to my eyes. There's not much to go on at her own FB, either. I think she's put on some weight and is possibly trying to hide it behind her kids/cello/whatever. She looks beautiful, imo. Nicely rounded. And that's enough body-critiquing from me for today! :my_confused:

Oh god, check out Lydia (Coghlan) Hinrichs' facebook page... She's lamenting the fact that she's turning 20 and won't get to be a teen mom, and says they're trying for a baby before their 1st anniversary. Blech.

Fundies really know how to fuck up their kids, don't they?

These babies having babies...there is just something that makes me crazy about the whole damn thing.

You know, for the first however many years of humanity, people died young so having babies in your teens was 'normal' because, you know what, you died in your 30's. It was the circle of life; survival of the species and providing heirs and any number of things that applied AT THE DAMN TIME.

In the year 2016, teens don't need to be having babies because they will live long enough to have them later. Instead of dying in their 30's, they can make the babies in their 30's.

Kennedy Morton posted an IG pic of her mom wishing her a happy 40th birthday, and one of the hashtags was #grandmabefore40. It is an insane sense of pride with these people to make the babies while young. And for all the fundie things I don't get, I *really* don't get their breeding program.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Fundies really know how to fuck up their kids, don't they?

These babies having babies...there is just something that makes me crazy about the whole damn thing.

You know, for the first however many years of humanity, people died young so having babies in your teens was 'normal' because, you know what, you died in your 30's. It was the circle of life; survival of the species and providing heirs and any number of things that applied AT THE DAMN TIME.

In the year 2016, teens don't need to be having babies because they will live long enough to have them later. Instead of dying in their 30's, they can make the babies in their 30's.

Kennedy Morton posted an IG pic of her mom wishing her a happy 40th birthday, and one of the hashtags was #grandmabefore40. It is an insane sense of pride with these people to make the babies while young. And for all the fundie things I don't get, I *really* don't get their breeding program.

It always surprises me that fundie girls who have a LOT of younger siblings are so eager to get pregnant since they have already spent their last ten or whatsoever years raising their parents babies. You would think that they would want to enjoy childless life a little bit more before having a newborn every year and making the exact same mistake: hand over the child rearing to older siblings/daughters. But then again - it is the only thing they know, they have limited to zero chances in the real world due to their lack of education and their value is determined by their ability to procreate. holy crap.

I also saw that post on Keni's IG and I realized that her mom could easily be a great-grandmother at the age of 60. This is insane. The Morton clan will get so HUGE it's going to be friggin scary. Watch out all you southern Georgia people: when you are outnumbered by blue-eyed, blond-haired and undereducated Morton offspring, you might as well wish The Walking Dead was real. And hey, at least you would have Daryl Dixon :D:D

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

I also saw that post on Keni's IG and I realized that her mom could easily be a great-grandmother at the age of 60. This is insane. The Morton clan will get so HUGE it's going to be friggin scary. Watch out all you southern Georgia people: when you are outnumbered by blue-eyed, blond-haired and undereducated Morton offspring, you might as well wish The Walking Dead was real. And hey, at least you would have Daryl Dixon :D:D

The Walking Dumb. Sorry, none of the Mortons have ever struck me as particularly intelligent.

I know plenty of women who became grandmothers before their 40th birthday and great grandmothers By the time they are 65. It usually was not a good thing. And on top of it, these fundies have babies until menopause! At least the women I know had their 40s to relax a bit after their kids moved out. But these fundie women are wanting to have babies from teen years until their 40s. Most of these fundie women have probably mentally checked out by 35. Yet they have another decade of taking care of little ones and then probably will have teens when they turn 60. 

This is exactly why I think the super large fundie families like the Duggar and Bates families will have the most trouble with the youngest ones. You can't raise kids for 30 years straight and not loosen the ropes a little out of complete exhaustion. They will give those kids an inch, and they will take a mile. Well at least a couple of the youngest ones will.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is exactly why I think the super large fundie families like the Duggar and Bates families will have the most trouble with the youngest ones. You can't raise kids for 30 years straight and not loosen the ropes a little out of complete exhaustion. They will give those kids an inch, and they will take a mile. Well at least a couple of the youngest ones will.

I totally agree with you and the sad thing is that this means even more beating into submission and obedience.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 3:48 PM, ophelia said:

It always surprises me that fundie girls who have a LOT of younger siblings are so eager to get pregnant since they have already spent their last ten or whatsoever years raising their parents babies. You would think that they would want to enjoy childless life a little bit more before having a newborn every year and making the exact same mistake: hand over the child rearing to older siblings/daughters

I had an older relative who was the second child, but the oldest girl, in a family of 14 children.  When she got married she told her husband she would have ONE child, and one child only, because she had already raised a family. He agreed and they had only one daughter. I am always surprised that none of the fundie girls ever have this attitude, not even a little bit. They seem to want as many as possible, as quickly as possible. I know it's all they know and what they were taught, but still...Having children is a lot of work. After the first few, don't they get tired, fear getting pregnant again, want a break? Pregnancy isn't easy, either, especially when one already has a bunch of little kids running around the house. But they keep at it. Maybe they just all hang in there until the first few children (read girls) are old enough to help, like Michelle Duggar.

When the girls are married off while still essentially children themselves, by the time they have a thought of their own to even question, it's too late. They're strapped with several children, no education or skills and no support system and leaving or changing isn't an option. 

18 minutes ago, Letgo said:

I had an older relative who was the second child, but the oldest girl, in a family of 14 children.  When she got married she told her husband she would have ONE child, and one child only, because she had already raised a family. He agreed and they had only one daughter. I am always surprised that none of the fundie girls ever have this attitude, not even a little bit. They seem to want as many as possible, as quickly as possible. I know it's all they know and what they were taught, but still...Having children is a lot of work. After the first few, don't they get tired, fear getting pregnant again, want a break? Pregnancy isn't easy, either, especially when one already has a bunch of little kids running around the house. But they keep at it. Maybe they just all hang in there until the first few children (read girls) are old enough to help, like Michelle Duggar.

I can see that. Good for your relative only have 1 child. 

I saw a story on the Today show website back in January.   A woman was turning 90 she had 9 kids 4 sets of twins. Of the 9 kids their are only 14 in the next generation. 

36 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I can see that. Good for your relative only have 1 child. 

I saw a story on the Today show website back in January.   A woman was turning 90 she had 9 kids 4 sets of twins. Of the 9 kids their are only 14 in the next generation. 

I know someone who came from a large poor family that got her tubes tied after she gave birth to her first and only child at age 21. Her siblings all have 0-4 children. None wanted a large family because of how they grew up.

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know someone who came from a large poor family that got her tubes tied after she gave birth to her first and only child at age 21. Her siblings all have 0-4 children. None wanted a large family because of how they grew up.

The article didn't say the breakdown of who had kids and who didn't.  The only reason why I know how many were in next generation was one of the woman's granddaughters posted  a comment and someone asked how many were in the next generation.  But I can totally see coming from a poor background and only want a few kids or none at all. 

My paternal grandmother was 36 when my older sister was born and my maternal grandmother was 40. Maternal grandma is apparently super pissed that none of her granddaughters have babies and has declared we're all selfish. Stfu, old woman. (She has 5 grandkids, just through the boys.) She even had the nerve to suggest my 18 year old cousin drop out of college and get knocked up. There's a reason I don't talk to these people.

I have cousins that have 12 kids in the family.  Parents dipped into the fundie homeschooling pool for a while and then went new age.  All are adults now and the youngest is around 20.  The oldest 3 have 2-3 kids each and are done.  One of the middle kids has 3 (at almost 30) and it's uncertain whether he's done.  No one else has kids.  Intentionally.  The oldest kids were forced to raise the little ones and purposefully restricted themselves after giving up their childhoods to raising their sibs.  

Kelsey (Hammond) Dickerson ("Farming the Carolinas") had her first child, a boy named Benjamin James on October, the 21st.

Her sister, Jordan (Hammond) Yuck, is expecting her 4th. Due date in march .

And I see Deborah Smith wedding's pics... On many photos, Melissa (Smith) Moore touched her tummy in a "suspect way".... I'm speculating on she's pregnant again. Her last, little Katherine is 8 months old !!

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:51 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

In the family I mentioned with 14 children, none of the girls had more than two children themselves.  Three of the boys had larger families. of 4, 5, and 6 kids, but not one of the girls. I think that says something.

12 minutes ago, Letgo said:

In the family I mentioned with 14 children, none of the girls had more than two children themselves.  Three of the boys had larger families. of 4, 5, and 6 kids, but not one of the girls. I think that says something.

That deffently says something. Good for them not wanting to have their daughters have to raise their siblings like I'm sure some of them had to. 

13 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

And I see Deborah Smith wedding's pics... On many photos, Melissa (Smith) Moore touched her tummy in a "suspect way".... I'm speculating on she's pregnant again. Her last, little Katherine is 8 months old !!

Good spotting. And DAYUM, girl! She's the oldest Smith kid...talk about super-fertility, if she really is pregnant again! Has my head spinning thinking about how many kids Deborah and Daniel might have (whether Amanda and Russell might have kids is still up in the air, and I shudder to think about it).

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived