IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship- Part 2

samurai_sarah

Just now, VelociRapture said:

I've read what she's spoken about before. It left me feeling so sad that she struggled with those thoughts... But also grateful that her parents seem to have helped her remember how incredible and worthy of love she is. And I was thrilled when she got married and had her daughter. If anyone deserves a healthy and loving family life it's definitely her.

I was so glad she spoke out. I'm sure she helped quite a few people just by speaking out about that topic in particular. 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate the term tainted goods as well. We can thank purity culture for that. Have you ever read what Elizabeth Smart said about teaching kids about that type of purity culture. She was taught that once you had sex, you were like chewed gum. The next person you date won't want chewed gum. And as we know she was raped by her kidnapper and she said she felt so dirty and disgusting like chewed gum. It disgusts me that people can teach children these things and not see how harmful it is.

It particularly disgusts me that the teacher giving that lesson to her more than likely knew full well what happened to Elizabeth, and was either monumentally stupid and insensitive, or basically a complete monster who thinks that rape victims are dirty and unworthy of love.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It particularly disgusts me that the teacher giving that lesson to her more than likely knew full well what happened to Elizabeth, and was either monumentally stupid and insensitive, or basically a complete monster who thinks that rape victims are dirty and unworthy of love.

I think probably those disgusting "lessons" were given to her before she was kidnapped. I think that was the reason she never escaped, she felt guilty and unworthy

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I think probably those disgusting "lessons" were given to her before she was kidnapped. I think that was the reason she never escaped, she felt guilty and unworthy

That may have played a big part. She was also told that she and her entire family would be killed if she tried to escape. For a 13 year-old child that's a very scary threat and could very well have kept her from trying to escape before she was found.

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Yes thats right. she attended the lessons as part of LDS Young Womens prior to her kidnapping. She stated that it was one of the reasons she didn't try to escape from her kidnappers earlier. Elizabeth was taught that its better to die a virgin whilst defending your virtue than be raped. 

Well we get introduced to Bobby tonight.  I wonder if he's more like Chad, Brandon, or John?  By the previews Tori seems to really be crushing on him

3 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Well we get introduced to Bobby tonight.  I wonder if he's more like Chad, Brandon, or John?  By the previews Tori seems to really be crushing on him

Just a thought: I find it interesting that all the Bates girls have married/are planning to marry (so far) men who are tall, skinny and have dark hair styled pretty much the same.

i mean look at Chad, Brandon and John, and now Bobby? Lol they could be brothers, or at least cousins! 

13 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

My guess is Brandon :-|

Y'all are onto something.  They are all tall, brunette, and thin.  I agree he reminds me most of Brandon, I can see him being on the shier side.  Plus Tori fawning over him like Michael did with Brandon 

2 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Y'all are onto something.  They are all tall, brunette, and thin.  I agree he reminds me most of Brandon, I can see him being on the shier side.  Plus Tori fawning over him like Michael did with Brandon 

LOL this video you guys.
http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-be-my-valen-tune/

The Bates boys plus Brandon, John and Bobby/Chad singing an alternative version of Yankee Doodle.

Brandon is so awkward I can't watch him, Chad looks like he's just trying to get through it, but Bobby actually seems to be really enjoying the attention, he looks to be a bit more outgoing pretty boy than I originally thought.
But we'll see in this evening's episode!

Seriously though, all the husbands/boyfriends look alike, I think it's a bit creepy.

I really hope Elizabeth Smart is truly well and happy.  Given the culture she is from and the propensity to make things look perfect on the outside when they are not, I think it's likely that she has struggles she cannot bring herself to let others see.  What a strong, strong woman.

1 hour ago, Feministe9000 said:

LOL this video you guys.
http://uptv.com/shows/bringingIU-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-be-my-valen-tune/

The Bates boys plus Brandon, John and Bobby/Chad singing an alternative version of Yankee Doodle.

Brandon is so awkward I can't watch him, Chad looks like he's just trying to get through it, but Bobby actually seems to be really enjoying the attention, he looks to be a bit more outgoing pretty boy than I originally thought.
But we'll see in this evening's episode!

Seriously though, all the husbands/boyfriends look alike, I think it's a bit creepy.

What if Bobby is as talkative and outgoing as Tori?  Who gets the last word in?  I kid I kid, I wish them well.  19kidsandloving postef  A preview.  It says Michael makes a special appearance.  Anyone know anything about that?

I couldn't understand what the guys were saying in the latter one.  

Hopefully a leghumper will transcribe it and put it on Tumblr or Instagram.

16 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

What if Bobby is as talkative and outgoing as Tori?  Who gets the last word in?  I kid I kid, I wish them well.  19kidsandloving postef  A preview.  It says Michael makes a special appearance.  Anyone know anything about that?

Yeah Michael and Brandon went to the ILY day party. Everyone made it including Alyssa and John. 

And I hope Bobby isn't an attention whore :-/

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah Michael and Brandon went to the ILY day party. Everyone made it including Alyssa and John. 

And I hope Bobby isn't an attention whore :-/

An attention whore in that family? He'll fit right in.  I read the review again, it says someone makes a special announcement, aka Baby Brooklyn I'm assuming

8 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

An attention whore in that family? He'll fit right in.  I read the review again, it says someone makes a special announcement, aka Baby Brooklyn I'm assuming

That's what I mean! There are too many attention whores already! They don't need to add another! No one can top Lawson, King of the attention whores.

Did you guys see Alyssas dress in the background of the video? It's sleeveless -no cap-sleeves-, fitted and VERY sparkling. Looks like she doesn't really adjust her clothing when she's around her family...

Anyone take one for the team and tune in?

Just curious as to what this guy is like.  (And Nathan and Ashley).

Coming here to ask the same. I am also curious as to when they started courting. Also if anyone has any websites that stream BUB I would love a private message. My usual site has not uploaded any season 4 at all. I need in on this shit show. 

29 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Anyone take one for the team and tune in?

Just curious as to what this guy is like.  (And Nathan and Ashley).

I saw a quote that Nathan said their relationship is open ended whatever that means.

2 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I saw a quote that Nathan said their relationship is open ended whatever that means.

open ended usually means you break up but think/know you will get back together at a later time

I watch, am I the resident recaper?Lol.  Bobby came across as outgoing but not overly so.  He planted some kisses on her head.  He does seem extremely smitten with her. He did cook in thekitchen, and  all of a sudden Gilshows up cooking as well.  Wonder if he's already trying to one-up Bobby. Tori made a comment about marrying him in 2 years.  However Nathan and Ashley seem to be having some issues, personality wise.

3 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I watch, am I the resident recaper?Lol.  Bobby came across as outgoing but not overly so.  He planted some kisses on her head.  He does seem extremely smitten with her. He did cook in thekitchen, and  all of a sudden Gilshows up cooking as well.  Wonder if he's already trying to one-up Bobby. Tori made a comment about marrying him in 2 years.  However Nathan and Ashley seem to be having some issues, personality wise.

Well, my take is during the love song the guys mentioned that he trying  to turn her country. Red flag # 1...or are they kidding?  However, during game he does seem to listen to her but she has a bit dominate personality. Red flag #2...doesn't their sect recommend that girls are sweet and reel that part of their personality in?

1 minute ago, sunshine said:

Well, my take is during the love song the guys mentioned that he trying  to turn her country. Red flag # 1...or are they kidding?  However, during game he does seem to listen to her but she has a bit dominate personality. Red flag #2...doesn't their sect recommend that girls are sweet and reel that part of their personality in?

Two words:Tori. Carlin.

:)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived