IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship- Part 2

samurai_sarah

Agreed, Ashley seemed much more subdued this episode.  I hope it's not just too much for her.He seemed more subdued as well though.  I'm wondering though if they'll get married now.  

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok wait? Did someone say Bobby "kissed" Tori's forehead?! So are we to assume they are saving the lip kisses for marriage? Wow this info was worth the wait!

9 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

LOL this video you guys.
http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-be-my-valen-tune/

The Bates boys plus Brandon, John and Bobby/Chad singing an alternative version of Yankee Doodle.

Brandon is so awkward I

That's the most natural I've seen John act while around the Bates family.  I'm glad he's starting to fit in.  That gives me hope for Brandon.

29 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Ok wait? Did someone say Bobby "kissed" Tori's forehead?! So are we to assume they are saving the lip kisses for marriage? Wow this info was worth the wait!

It looks like he tries but she turns her head so he can't.  Maybe he doesn't want to wait?

Maybe they want to keep it off TV if they have made a decision not to wait. Especially since the family has preached waiting and all.

Not seen the show but it sounds like Tory and Bobby could be a good fit. I do hope they are not saving their first kiss whether they will say they did or not. I get waiting with sex but trying at least a kiss or two (or a thousand) will not ruin your marriage. I do believe that the way a man kisses feel is a good indicator of what sex is going to be like. I have yet to have met a man who is a better lover than kisser, either they are the same or better at kissing... Just my personal experience...

I'm still surprised at how fast they are marrying off their kids. That is way stranger to me than the Duggars not getting married. Anyway, I'm sure that any spouse will join in helping advertise IBLP and selling evil as good, so I don't get to excited at new people joining to try and help the cult look normal. None of them seem to be willing to stand up to Gil and Kelly and say they won't be part of the dog and pony show. Of course, there is  good chance that they all actually believe all that stuff, so the idea of saying no hasn't even entered their mind. 

I'm going to have to go back and watch to see if Bobby kisses the top of her head. I guess I didn't notice because I just thought he put his face kind of in her hair when they hugged since he's so much taller. Glad I didn't erase my recording yet. 

Also since this is the first time Bobby was on camera and the entire family was around, I don't think we can get a good read of Bobby. Even the most outgoing person would be quieter in that environment. 

I have a bad feeling about Nathan and Ashley. They seem to have really strong feelings for one another  but are worried about the personality clashes. I can so see them getting into heated arguments. Not like yelling or anything, but real arguments. And Gil and Kelly's advice was basically that every couple has their differences and they just need to commumicate. Ugh. They could have major differences which are pretty ingrained since they are talking personality and Gil's advice is to communicate more? All they fucking do is communicate since they can't get it on! I don't know about these two. First their personalities clash and if Ashley had to move to the country she could be very unhappy. 

And I looked at Michael's face when Erin announced her pregnancy and her face kind of looked fake happy. I feel for her. 2 pregnancies announced in her family in her first 6 months of marriage. I'm sure she puts on a brave face but it must bother her. 

I think Bobby puts his head in her hair now looking back.  He did come across as talkative but in that family he didn't stand out too much.  He seems as smitten with her as she is with him

Ok so I watched it again. Bobby definitely turns his face toward Tori's head a few times. Like leaning in, but no kissing. I see this awkward almost kiss happen to a few of these fundie couples before marriage. It's SO awkward! I want to give it a name since it seems like such a common occurrence. I saw Ashley and Nate do it too. It's so natural to want to kiss the person you're in love with! And the awkwardness comes with fighting such a strong natural urge. 

14 hours ago, crazysnark said:

open ended usually means you break up but think/know you will get back together at a later time

Don't do it!!! Everyone that I know who broke up with their significant other, then got back together and married them got divorced- my college roommate, my sister's college roommate, a cousin, my sweetie...

I had a feeling things ended when they announced a courtship and had no pics or anything. I don't know if they officially have broken up or are just slowing it down. I don't think they will end up married......

One other interesting thing I found (while trying to find Bobby's instagram) is Whitney is following Carlin on instagram. Her account is private but I just found it weird that she had one because usually the only fundies allowed to have instagrams is if they are courting, engaged or promoting a career (Lawson)

12 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

One other interesting thing I found (while trying to find Bobby's instagram) is Whitney is following Carlin on instagram. Her account is private but I just found it weird that she had one because usually the only fundies allowed to have instagrams is if they are courting, engaged or promoting a career (Lawson)

Interesting... I noticed that the suburban that drove up with Michael and Brandon in it had an University of Arkansas vanity tag on the front with its mascot.  I wonder if there was a Duggar there for I love you day that managed to evade the cameras.  It seems odd that they'd have that plate on one of their vehicles.  Maybe Carlin is special friends with Joe? Or there's something to the Jinger or Joy rumors.

16 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

Interesting... I noticed that the suburban that drove up with Michael and Brandon in it had an University of Arkansas vanity tag on the front with its mascot.  I wonder if there was a Duggar there for I love you day that managed to evade the cameras.  It seems odd that they'd have that plate on one of their vehicles.  Maybe Carlin is special friends with Joe? Or there's something to the Jinger or Joy rumors.

Or maybe it is Joe's car. Is he still going to college at Crown??

48 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

Or maybe it is Joe's car. Is he still going to college at Crown??

I think he did one semester and didn't go back after New Year's break.  The family released a statement that he was done with Crown after spending a year there.  I can see how they would conceal it if he was there as Carlin is still so young and they could spend another year "getting to know each other".

I really hope that Carlin does not end up with a Duggar.  She's got the personality and spark that JB/M have not allowed their daughters to have after their age hits double digits (we're seeing this with Johannah now) and I don't see her happy marrying into a family that discourages her from being herself.

Also she's very young.

And I'm worried about a Duggar stuck in the Bates family! They are easily overwhelming and you would have to have a strong personality to stand up to them. I can't even imagine having to put up with the Bates. 

The Bates do seem to try to get their kids into courtships or the "getting to know someone" stage pretty young. :think: One way of controlling kids is to get them married young, with children and used to reality television money/IBLP money. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

And I'm worried about a Duggar stuck in the Bates family! They are easily overwhelming and you would have to have a strong personality to stand up to them. I can't even imagine having to put up with the Bates. 

The Bates do seem to try to get their kids into courtships or the "getting to know someone" stage pretty young. :think: One way of controlling kids is to get them married young, with children and used to reality television money/IBLP money. 

The only Duggar girl who could hack it as a Bates wife, I think, would be Jinger. I think she would be able to come into her own after awhile of living away from Jim Bob and closer to the Bateseses. Of course, JB wants supreme control over everyone and probably wouldn't honor the transfer of headship, which I don't think is working for any Bates kid.

5 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

Joe was spotted in a "I Love Day" promo posted on Twitter. A few people thought the photo was old

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I really hope that Carlin does not end up with a Duggar.  She's got the personality and spark that JB/M have not allowed their daughters to have after their age hits double digits (we're seeing this with Johannah now) and I don't see her happy marrying into a family that discourages her from being herself.

Also she's very young.

I don't get comments like this. How can anyone say Jinger,Jessa or Joy(and the other girls) don't have personality or spark?. I've seen it on the show and social media . Why do you think Carlin would be discouraged from being herself. I think the other Duggar spouses are being themselves :shrug:

54 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

The only Duggar girl who could hack it as a Bates wife, I think, would be Jinger. I think she would be able to come into her own after awhile of living away from Jim Bob and closer to the Bateseses. Of course, JB wants supreme control over everyone and probably wouldn't honor the transfer of headship, which I don't think is working for any Bates kid.

I said before and I'll say it again: I don't think Jim Bob controls the married couples. I just don't see it. I dont think they'll be any problems with a Bates-Duggar courtship

5 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Also she's very young.

I wanted to add this:

I get what you said about Johannah.I think most fundie girs get the treatment she got in the first episode of "Counting On". I just don't think it means she won't have personality or spark. 

When Jinger was a teen her personaity gave many of us hope. Everywhere I looked people thought Jinger was the rebellious Duggar, incuding this forum! We thought Jessa's personaity would challenge Jim Bob. Jill has been called  hippie-ish( or whatever). I think some of us decided they didn't have personalities when they didn't run away from their parents or when it became clear that they are also fundie. When Jessa announced her pregancy she was callled a "mindless robot", but every thread up until then discussed her strong personality. We thought Jim Bob was afraid of Jessa.  

Here's a good fundie debate question:

Which parents would want a Duggar/Bates marriage more? G&K or B&M?

I think that people thought that some of the Duggar girls had personality because this was the first fundie family to analyze. I also think that the girls get broken in marriage. I grew up fundie light (Church of Christ) and was a huge firecracker before marriage. When I got married at the ripe old age of 18 years and 3 weeks that was expected to STOP. I think Jessa lost a lot of her "strong personality" when she got married. IMO she has reeled it in a lot and has gotten a lot "softer". 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Pre-scandal - G&K no question about it

Post-scandal - I bet the Duggars would love a Bates Duggar marriage for many reasons

- Yay something to show on the show

- shows that the kids are still relevant/not spoiled goods

- ties to IBLP royalty

- ect. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is supposed to say JB&M! Sorry! Didn't proof read!

From the look of it I'm thinking Bobby's family are fairly fundy themselves. On his sister's FB she's wearing a t-shirt promoting CIT: The Wilds. Here's a quote from the website:

The Wilds Camper In Training program exists to develop true biblical leaders by building whole-hearted, servant-minded teens for Christ-like leadership. CIT features detailed biblical teaching sessions emphasizing the progress of growth into Christ-likeness and cultivating a life of influence in the world for Christ.

http://wilds.org/camp/cit-camper-in-training/

They mention quite a bit about having a servant-mind and a commitment to Christ. Also of note is the separate swim times for males and females. Dress code for females states that shoulders must be covered and skirts must be knee length. Loose pants are allowed though obviously this isn't necessarily an indication of fundiness.

The application form is also pretty laughable and reminds me of another Christian camp that was mentioned on FJ. http://wilds.org/wp-content/uploads/CIT-Application-2016.pdf

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived