IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship- Part 2

samurai_sarah

On 6/14/2016 at 4:59 AM, RosyDaisy said:

I think Bobby's family may have ties to the Websters Alyssa's in-laws. This is pure speculation though.

jumping on the speculation train, i've wondered if the hartonos are the connection. jennie hartono posted a pic of her and the bates girls at PCC last fall; maybe one of the hartonos are friends with bobby. 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen the full episode but saw the cringeworthy singing of the male in laws.  Is it just me or are Bobby's features a bit...different? He's definitely not ugly, but his face seems more stretched/elongated than normal. I think John, Brandon, Bobby and Chad (less so for him) have some interesting facial features ...I'm not sure if I'm expressing this well but hope you get the idea. I just found it interesting.

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

jumping on the speculation train, i've wondered if the hartonos are the connection. jennie hartono posted a pic of her and the bates girls at PCC last fall; maybe one of the hartonos are friends with bobby. 

When I went looking for connections I looked at Jon H's friend list on FB and he isn't friends with Bobby. I guess they could still be friends but it seems Bobby friends all the other fundies on FB.

I haven't seen the full episode but saw the cringeworthy singing of the male in laws.  Is it just me or are Bobby's features a bit...different? He's definitely not ugly, but his face seems more stretched/elongated than normal. I think John, Brandon, Bobby and Chad (less so for him) have some interesting facial features ...I'm not sure if I'm expressing this well but hope you get the idea. I just found it interesting.

He looks like (or at least reminded me of) the male lead from the Twilight movies.

55 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

He looks like (or at least reminded me of) the male lead from the Twilight movies.

Barf! I knew that Bobby guy was ugly to me, he does look like RPattz (i haaaaaate him w/ burning passion) lol.

On the last episode they said Tori had her eye on Bobby for awhile. Well then tell us how they met! I so annoyed they haven't revealed that. 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

On the last episode they said Tori had her eye on Bobby for awhile. Well then tell us how they met! I so annoyed they haven't revealed that. 

SUSPENSE! 

Once they are engaged or married they will probably start a website on their own and then they will share the story of how they met and how it was all God's plan. Just like Michael and Brandon did. 

Even though Tori didn't strike me as the typical housewife. But then the girls changed after being married 

17 hours ago, FrumperedCat said:

From the look of it I'm thinking Bobby's family are fairly fundy themselves. On his sister's FB she's wearing a t-shirt promoting CIT: The Wilds. Here's a quote from the website:

http://wilds.org/camp/cit-camper-in-training/

They mention quite a bit about having a servant-mind and a commitment to Christ. Also of note is the separate swim times for males and females. Dress code for females states that shoulders must be covered and skirts must be knee length. Loose pants are allowed though obviously this isn't necessarily an indication of fundiness.

The application form is also pretty laughable and reminds me of another Christian camp that was mentioned on FJ. http://wilds.org/wp-content/uploads/CIT-Application-2016.pdf

I've heard of The Wilds and a lot of fundies are apart of it I believe. I was under the impression that it's fundie camp.

Do the Bates go there? Maybe that's where they met?

I have two important questions that go way back, so I can't quote, but I need to know.

1.  Who is Jimmy Baio? Is he related to Scott?

2.  Conch-shell necklace?!?! That would be enormous!!!  Did they mean puka shell?  

Lol, just trying to lighten things up.

1 hour ago, Kaylo said:

I have two important questions that go way back, so I can't quote, but I need to know.

1.  Who is Jimmy Baio? Is he related to Scott?

2.  Conch-shell necklace?!?! That would be enormous!!!  Did they mean puka shell?  

Lol, just trying to lighten things up.

Who is scott?

14 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Who is scott?

He played Chachi in Happy Days, and @Kaylo Jimmy Baio is an former actor who's best known role was in a comedy called Soap in the late 70's to early 80's. He and Scott are cousins.

4 minutes ago, caszandra said:

He played Chachi in Happy Days, and @Kaylo Jimmy Baio is an former actor who's best known role was in a comedy called Soap in the late 70's to early 80's. He and Scott are cousins.

Okay, now i'm totally lost. When did the conversation got to happy days? :pb_lol:

On 16.6.2016 at 7:31 PM, Feministe9000 said:

LOL this video you guys.
http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-be-my-valen-tune/

The Bates boys plus Brandon, John and Bobby/Chad singing an alternative version of Yankee Doodle.

Brandon is so awkward I can't watch him, Chad looks like he's just trying to get through it, but Bobby actually seems to be really enjoying the attention, he looks to be a bit more outgoing pretty boy than I originally thought.
But we'll see in this evening's episode!

Seriously though, all the husbands/boyfriends look alike, I think it's a bit creepy.

Reminds me of the Morton men who all married petite women with dark hair.

4 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Who is scott?

You don't know who Scott Baio is? 

Thanks for making me feel old....

I think the Bates girls have a strong personality because they are outgoing, talkative. Jill was a butt kisser, Jessa was chill and a tad controlling, and Jinger got less spunky as she got older. Not what I'd strong personalities. JB and Michelle try to stunt any non feminine behavior (like Johannah becoming a "lady") whereas some of the Bates girls stay bold. This could all change after marriage though.

4 hours ago, season of life said:

I think the Bates girls have a strong personality because they are outgoing, talkative

They do have overwhelming personalities. But this sort of a "strong" personality isn't a sign that they are better people people or more likely to leave. 

In real life I very quite person. I'm not outgoing. I'm not talkative. If you met me, you remind you of a Duggar, not a Bates. Yet I got out while some of the outgoing, talkative folks stayed very fundie. 

Being quiet and introverted isn't a character flaw. And being loud, outgoing and talkative isn't a sign that they are more likely to leave. In all their quiet ways, the Duggars have shown more tiny signs of resistance than the Bates have. 

On 6/3/2016 at 11:41 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like the big surge of relationships in the Bates family may be like a "marriage breeds marriage" sort of thing. Think of all the social events that are included in getting married. Unisex bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, and wedding all bring a lot of fundies together. So it makes sense that once the ball starts rolling on weddings in the bates family, many more chances for the young adults in the family to meet other single young adults. It's probably just going to keep the momentum going and they will have a wedding every year or every other year for some years to come.

I think this definitely can be the case. My good friend is from a homeschooling Catholic family of 7 kids, 6 of which are sisters. Once the oldest sister married, it was a mass exodus. I think there's only youngest sister and the teenage brother left unmarried now six years later. It's been one literally after the other. From my observations and conversations with my friend, it's a little to do with sibling rivalry and also a lot of wanting what the sibling has. "She got a big wedding, I want one too," for example. Up until then, all the kids did life together - getting married and having babies is also something they probably feel inclined to do when their closest sibling does.  

On 6/17/2016 at 8:48 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here's a good fundie debate question:

Which parents would want a Duggar/Bates marriage more? G&K or B&M?

I think, generally speaking, that the parents who would want it more would be the parents of the groom.  The young lady becomes part of their family.  The new father-in-law can exert influence, and reap more of the benefits of her celebrity, while the father of the bride will have to relinquish some (though I really can't see JB agreeing to that).

At this point I think Juterus and Boob would want or even need a Duggar-Bates-marriage more than G&K. Their brand is dying and the Bates families show is quite popular at the moment. Kelly and Gil managed to sell their lifestyle much better than the Duggars ever did. Even before the molestation scandal and Joshley Madison. So a wedding between a Duggar and Bates kidult would make the whole Duggarclan look a little bit more shiny and wholesome again.

On June 21, 2016 at 7:17 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

You don't know who Scott Baio is? 

Thanks for making me feel old....

ditto. 

On 6/22/2016 at 6:36 PM, season of life said:

JB and Michelle try to stunt any non-feminine behavior (like Johannah becoming a "lady") whereas some of the Bates girls stay bold.

I'd love to explain to boob and mullet that gender is a fluid concept!

They'd want to shoot me, still, it's true!

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I'd love to explain to boob and mullet that gender is a fluid concept!

They'd want to shoot me, still, it's true!

That's just what Satan wants you to think.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived