IGNORED

Donald Trump- Part 2

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

The Periods for Pence people are now directing their calls to the Trump campaign offices. 

I can't wait until all the crappy things Pence has done as Governor start making it into the national news. 

The small silver lining, is that now he can't run for Governor. Lord knows what dimwit is going to take his place, so that is ever so slightly daunting.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

The small silver lining, is that now he can't run for Governor. Lord knows what dimwit is going to take his place, so that is ever so slightly daunting.

Indy Star indicates that there are three possibilities to replace him: 

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2016/07/14/brooks-daniels-out-race-replace-pence/87080066/

I'm not very familiar with any of those three people. I'm almost afraid to research them because I'm sure I'll find out something about all three of them that will horrify me. 

Hey, we have one in Nebraska, too. Pete Ricketts whose best feat so far has been wasting state funds trying to illegally purchase drugs for the death penalty from a guy in India running the whole thing out of an apartment. The state legislature repealed the death penalty in the state shortly after that fiasco, so a group funded in large part by Ricketts' personal funds got it on the November ballot. 

He'll get re-elected since the Democratic party in this state is a pitiful train wreck. I attended this year's state convention as a delegate and witnessed that in person. They elected a chair whose main priority in life is getting her picture in the paper while wearing cowboy boots (because she is originally from Florida and even after living here for 8 yrs, still believes that cowboy boots are the definition of the entire state). 

The asshole of all asshole governors is Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley. The word impeach has even been used. Just go to al.com. there's a goldmine of info there.

Here in Delaware, we have the following choices for governor, between our current Congressman John Carney (D) (who has the charisma of a doorknob) or Delaware's answer to Chris Christie, State Senator Colin Bonini (R).  (Originally Beau Biden was supposed to be the Democratic candidate.)

In Michigan we have Rick Snyder, who pretty much speaks for himself. We have Bill Schuette or however the fuck you spell his name, our lovely attorney general who is suing over an LGBT rights bill.

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Drumpf has asked one of his celebrity supporters to speak during prime time at the convention:  Scott Baio.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Newest-speaker-to-join-Donald-Drumpf-at-the-RNC-Scott-Baio.html

Just read that article to Mr05. We are thinking we may have to watch the convention for the entertainment factor. 

Very good article in The New Yorker about Tony Schwartz, who (ghost)wrote The Art of the Deal and now pretty much blames himself for making Trump seem like a good guy.

I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” He went on, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.

He also says that Trump has about zero attention span, which I mentioned upthread (and why I think he'll resign if elected).

Good read. The article was written by Jane Mayer, who also wrote Dark Money, about the Kochs and their ilk.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

I had people over for dinner and was unable to watch the beginning parts of the convention. Is there anyone that watched who can summarize what's going on?

This fool walked onto the stage surrounded by smoke, like he's Beyoncé or something! 

2 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

This fool walked onto the stage surrounded by smoke, like he's Beyoncé or something! 

I was waiting for the strobe lights and a glittery disco ball to drop. While Summer's Hot Stuff blasted away.

::doing my Elaine jerky dance::

2 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

I nearly laughed my guts up when I saw that. LOL! 

I love to abuse myself apparently, so I watched a fair amount of the convention tonight. Am I supposed to suddenly want to vote for Trump since Charles in Charge is supporting him? I am guessing after that disgusting meme he retweeted, Joanie no longer loves Chachi and his Happy Days are now over. Seriously though, Scott Biao claims he sat in church and wrote his speech for tonight. He claims he prayed about it. Did he pray about calling Hillary a c*** on Tweeter? 

Oh yes. And then we have Antonio Sabato Jr. Such a brainiac this guy. He claimed that President Obama is a Muslim and on their side. And when he says their side he means terrorist.  But don't ask him for proof of this claim, y'all. He just knows it in his heart and he has a right to think that. So there.

Seems like the celebrities that are supporting Trump at the convention are mostly reality stars. I was halfway expecting Matt Roloff, Kate Gosselin, or Jim Bob Duggar to come up on stage. That would have been comedy gold. Dang. Someone needs to make that happen, especially if Kate would sport her "I need to speak to your manager" haircut again.

And Guliani is a rather angry man. Calm down, Rudy. Stop yelling. Same with Gen. Michael Flynn. At some points in Flynn's speech it looked like a white supremacy rally with all the chanting from him and the crowd. So weird.  

The best part of the night though......Melania's plagiarized speech. Oh yes. The Trumps hate the President and Michelle Obama, but that sure did not stop her from ripping off Michelle's speech. Of course they won't own up to it. They will dance around the subject and someone will get fired even though she said earlier in a interview she wrote it herself with very little help. 

I guess I will continue to watch the shit show and report back. I might need a few drinks to get through this, though. 

3 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

What a time to be alive!

Has she asked wives 1 & 2 about him never letting you down?

The plagiarism is being blamed on Hillary. She feels threatened by Melania, so she is now attacking her.

I really wish what I just wrote was satire. 

11 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

I think Trump believes he should enter every room like that. 

46 minutes ago, Ali said:

The plagiarism is being blamed on Hillary. She feels threatened by Melania, so she is now attacking her.

It reminds me of the 2008 election when ever journalist who dared to ask Sarah Palin about her qualifications was labeled as sexist by McCain's campaign surrogates. 

1 hour ago, Ali said:

And yet the Trump camp does not realize that it is Trump that is threatened by Hillary and feel the need to continually attack her and throw her undertone bus. 

Trump just released a statement saying they will not address this any further. Of course. Isn't that how it always is? Trump never takes responsibility for anything his side does. Ever. 

25 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I think Trump believes he should enter every room like that. 

Can you imagine Trump's hair with a Beyonce fan?

7 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Trump just released a statement saying they will not address this any further. Of course. Isn't that how it always is? Trump never takes responsibility for anything his side does. Ever. 

Well too bad for the Trump campaign because his little "we're not discussing this anymore" tantrum isn't going to stop the rest of the country and the media from continuing to discuss it. 

My favorite article about the plagiarism was this one that describes how all the different surrogates and campaign people went on TV today and gave conflicting explanations/excuses for what happened: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melania-trump-plagiarism-excuse_us_578e3759e4b0a0ae97c36435?4dn2dunmnemavpldi

2 hours ago, Ali said:

Well, it's also President Obama's fault.* I'm not sure how yet, but by the end of the day I'll likely come back to tell you how he's at fault. 

*my phone predicted that phrase :(

I had the Fear and Loathing Olympics streaming in the background yesterday. It was the official RNC feed, so the house band was playing when nothing was happening on the stage. I found it humorous watching Republicans dancing to songs about sex and drugs after being beat over the head with their "Family Values" nonsense all these years.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived