IGNORED

Donald Trump- Part 2

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

Well, it's also President Obama's fault.* I'm not sure how yet, but by the end of the day I'll likely come back to tell you how he's at fault. 

*my phone predicted that phrase :(

It's his fault because he married Michelle. If he hadn't she never would have made that speech as a potential First Lady so that Melania's ghostwriters could steal it. There you have it. Damn that President Obama!

It certainly isn't the first time someone's cribbed lines from someone else and really, it's a bit of a tempest in a teapot since there are much more important and relevant reasons to hate on Trump. But the way it's being handled is so indicative of what we'd get with a Trump presidency. The right thing to do would be to own up. "Yeah, someone on the team fucked up and the speech wasn't properly vetted so we didn't catch the problem. It was wrong and it won't happen again." Instead we get treated like we're idiots. "We have always been at war with Eastasia."

I always told my daughter that it's not necessarily WHAT you do that gets you into hot water but the way you handle yourself when you're caught. If you own up and understand why what you did wrong, then there will be an appropriate consequence, but overall, lesson learned, let's move on. If you pile lie upon lie when confronted with proof of your wrongdoing, then all you're doing is digging a deeper hole and the original bad deed becomes secondary to the cover-up. If a child can learn this, should we expect less from a presidential candidate and his team? And that goes for all of them.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the interesting thing...According to Trump and the GOP, the Obamas are representative of all things evil. 

Except when they are stealing speeches from them. 

Anybody want to bet how long it will be until someone hands in a plagiarized paper and blames President Obama/Hillary Clinton/the librul media when their instructor flunks them? 

The Trump camp just needs to own it, but that is not what they are doing here. Nope. All morning long they have acted like nothing happened. What? Plagiarism? From the Trump campaign? Noooooo. 

Chris Christie's interview a few minutes ago was full of what the hell. Marco Rubio is pulling the same crap with his interview. Stop acting stupid. Stop blaming the media, the President, or Hillary. Admit it. The more they deny it, the more people talk about it and it won't go away. 

This is just another example of how uncontrolled and disorganized the Trump campaign is. I cannot even imagine how horrible a presidency would be. Cheeses. Please help us. 

Watching the nomination. This should be boring....well...unless the NoTrump people act out. I am hoping they do because I need something to watch. This is painful. It all makes my butt hurt.

The people in attendance are flat out odd. They act like they are at a Rolling Stones concert. Half these people cannot be serious with their speeches. They want their kids to live in a country where Trump is president because they want their young sons to have a future and be safe? Say what? Have they actually heard what Trump has said over the last several months?  I am guessing not.

This convention inspired me to make a donation to Hillary and purchase some yard signs and such. I am sure I will get some hate in my area, but I don't give a flying fart. I will rock my stuff proudly. 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Mecca said:

The Trump camp just needs to own it, but that is not what they are doing here. Nope. All morning long they have acted like nothing happened. What? Plagiarism? From the Trump campaign? Noooooo. 

Chris Christie's interview a few minutes ago was full of what the hell. Marco Rubio is pulling the same crap with his interview. Stop acting stupid. Stop blaming the media, the President, or Hillary. Admit it. The more they deny it, the more people talk about it and it won't go away. 

This is just another example of how uncontrolled and disorganized the Trump campaign is. I cannot even imagine how horrible a presidency would be. Cheeses. Please help us. 

Last I heard, it was a conspiracy between Hillary, Obama, John Legend and Sparkle Twinkle from the My Little Pony cartoon.  Yes, that's right.  Republicans would rather claim that Melania's speech was inspired by My Little Pony than acknowledge that it was lifted from the words of smart, well educated, successful lawyer, wife and mother and all around class act Michelle Obama.  It's almost funny, except it's really not.  

2 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

So Fox news blames Michelle for copying Melinda. How???? Kayne's face. 

Clearly, she's got a Delorean.

It's sad that this is what America's political discourse has come to:  time travel, cartoons and an Internet Comment Troll come to life as the Republican Nominee for President.  Not only is it thoroughly ridiculous on its face, but then grown ass educated men and women are having to get on television and twist them selves into parodies of themselves to defend this idiot.  

Are we sure we all aren't living in an SNL skit?  

Who knew My Little Pony was so political...

Truly shocking, but I love the irony of hating the current First Lady, yet cheering what were, in essence her words, when they came out of Melania's mouth.

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

So Fox news blames Michelle for copying Melinda. How???? Kayne's face. 

Well, Fox is good at blaming victims. Just ask the ladies that were sexually harassed by Roger Ailes. I don't expect fair and balanced anything from those jerk holes. 

Night two of me watching this BS. I cracked open some Jack Daniels Honey. I need some liquid courage to get through this mess. 

I have yet to hear what Trump will being doing for us if he is to be elected president. I have heard how sucky Hillary and the President are over and over and over. The party of negativity, doom and gloom. If I took a drink every time I heard "e-mail" or "Benghazi," I would not be typing this right now. My liver would have jumped out of my body and ran for the hills. 

7 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I had the Fear and Loathing Olympics streaming in the background yesterday. It was the official RNC feed, so the house band was playing when nothing was happening on the stage. I found it humorous watching Republicans dancing to songs about sex and drugs after being beat over the head with their "Family Values" nonsense all these years.

I was listening to Sirius 124 (politics) and they were covering the convention. They had a blast making fun of the biting lip, arms in the air dancing to sexxy songs.

Interestingly, though, they also commented about what the tv was NOT showing. At one point there was a serious effort at dissent from the Alaska delegation. They did NOT want to vote all their delegates for Trump - they wanted to vote according to the instructions from their districts. It required a polling of the state delegates, which had to be done by convention officials and took quite a long time.

The radio commenters said what was actually happening:  angry faces; sitting with arms crossed; yelling with fingers pointed at the officials; downright resistance and defiance; and, finally, the Alaska delegation being encircled by people shaking Trump signs in their faces.

The TV showed: delegates dancing and shaking signs, with positive tweets and facebook posts scrolling on the screen.

I've forgotten the exact quote, but essentially someone said that unity by coercion was not unity. The Republican party has made a point of having a unified front at their convention for ages, but this year it's so obvious how undemocratic that process is.

And here I thought Donald Trump liked his bronzer. Junior. Put down the brush and step away from the bronzer. 

3 minutes ago, AlysonRR said:

I was listening to Sirius 124 (politics) and they were covering the convention. They had a blast making fun of the biting lip, arms in the air dancing to sexxy songs.

Interestingly, though, they also commented about what the tv was NOT showing. At one point there was a serious effort at dissent from the Alaska delegation. They did NOT want to vote all their delegates for Trump - they wanted to vote according to the instructions from their districts. It required a polling of the state delegates, which had to be done by convention officials and took quite a long time.

The radio commenters said what was actually happening:  angry faces; sitting with arms crossed; yelling with fingers pointed at the officials; downright resistance and defiance; and, finally, the Alaska delegation being encircled by people shaking Trump signs in their faces.

The TV showed: delegates dancing and shaking signs, with positive tweets and facebook posts scrolling on the screen.

I've forgotten the exact quote, but essentially someone said that unity by coercion was not unity. The Republican party has made a point of having a unified front at their convention for ages, but this year it's so obvious how undemocratic that process is.

Yes. The delegates were not happy. It got very nasty with the Trump supporters were taunting them. They lost. The rules for their state says that all delegates will be rewarded to the nominee if all others have dropped out before the convention. 

On July 15, 2016 at 6:37 AM, apple1 said:

Justice Ginsberg has now done so. Please note: Nobody - most especially me, who despises Trump - is saying that her opinion of Trump was wrong. However - and she is correct - her public statement was wrong for a Supreme Court justice, who is supposed to exhibit neutrality. Her current statement shows that she has the very good quality of being able to say, "I was wrong and I am sorry."

Aside: Any human being who cannot say "I was wrong and I am sorry" - well, needs to work on learning how to do this.

And should not be president....

So far, based on what we've seen and heard (though not really at the RNC, which has devolved into a frothing-at-the-mouth vitriolic hate fest, complete with calls to "lock [Hillary] up" and calling her a devil worshiper), Trump or his mouthpieces have stated the following plans if he is president: 

1.  Get Congress to pass a law allowing him to purge all areas of government of democrats and replace them with republicans.  

2.  Enforce tougher libel laws against those who criticize him;

3.  Revoke press passes for anyone who doesn't praise him;

4.  Target and kill terrorists' or suspected terrorists' families; 

5.  Torture terrorists or suspected terrorists;

6.  At minimum, force people coming into the country to take a religious test;

7.  Deport millions and force them to build and pay for a wall to keep them out; 

8. Punish people who "don't report" their neighbors;

9. Be more like Putin and emulate Saddam, who is "so good" at killing folks, no need for trials or pesky constitutional rights!;

9. Punish women and/or doctors for exercising the constitutionally protected right to an abortion; 

10. Eradicate the Environmental Protection Agency and others; 

11. "Swamp" the Supreme Court with conservative justices; 

12.  Possibly start a trade war; and

13. Continue to scapegoat, ridicule and dehumanize anyone who isn't a hate-filled white male 100% on board with his addenda.

This is some seriously scary shit.  It boggles the mind that this guy is a major party's nominee for president and could very well legally be elected as President of the United States.

An adviser to Donald Trump said that he thinks Hillary should be shot: 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-vets-adviser-clinton-should-be-put-in-the-firing-line?utm_term=.ysk2LZpbA#.dhzBJEr45

The Trump campaign becomes more horrifying by the minute. Every time I think they can't sink any lower, they manage to find another disgusting, hateful level to sink to. I can't understand how anyone could consider voting for Trump. 

1 hour ago, Hera said:

So far, based on what we've seen and heard (though not really at the RNC, which has devolved into a frothing-at-the-mouth vitriolic hate fest, complete with calls to "lock [Hillary] up" and calling her a devil worshiper), Trump or his mouthpieces have stated the following plans if he is president: 

1.  Get Congress to pass a law allowing him to purge all areas of government of democrats and replace them with republicans.  

2.  Enforce tougher libel laws against those who criticize him;

3.  Revoke press passes for anyone who doesn't praise him;

4.  Target and kill terrorists' or suspected terrorists' families; 

5.  Torture terrorists or suspected terrorists;

6.  At minimum, force people coming into the country to take a religious test;

7.  Deport millions and force them to build and pay for a wall to keep them out; 

8. Punish people who "don't report" their neighbors;

9. Be more like Putin and emulate Saddam, who is "so good" at killing folks, no need for trials or pesky constitutional rights!;

9. Punish women and/or doctors for exercising the constitutionally protected right to an abortion; 

10. Eradicate the Environmental Protection Agency and others; 

11. "Swamp" the Supreme Court with conservative justices; 

12.  Possibly start a trade war; and

13. Continue to scapegoat, ridicule and dehumanize anyone who isn't a hate-filled white male 100% on board with his addenda.

This is some seriously scary shit.  It boggles the mind that this guy is a major party's nominee for president and could very well legally be elected as President of the United States.

And just remember, these are the same people that claim they want smaller government. Nothing on that list screams smaller government to me. More like dictatorship.

Anyone catch  Sajid Tarar, the speaker for American Muslims for Trump, last night? Well, that was interesting. Several delegates freaked out and started screaming at him to leave and chanting, "No Islam!"  When he prayed, many had no clue he evoked Mohammed in his prayer and they were bowing their heads too. But hey, don't worry. He said that if his family is attacked for wearing their garments and being Muslim, well.....he does not blame the Trump rhetoric. He blames the liberals and their media. 

I have a feeling after last night's speech, Don Jr. will be advising his dad a lot if Trump were to win.  

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

And just remember, these are the same people that claim they want smaller government. Nothing on that list screams smaller government to me. More like dictatorship.

Anyone catch  Sajid Tarar, the speaker for American Muslims for Trump, last night? Well, that was interesting. Several delegates freaked out and started screaming at him to leave and chanting, "No Islam!"  When he prayed, many had no clue he evoked Mohammed in his prayer and they were bowing their heads too. But hey, don't worry. He said that if his family is attacked for wearing their garments and being Muslim, well.....he does not blame the Trump rhetoric. He blames the liberals and their media

I have a feeling after last night's speech, Don Jr. will be advising his dad a lot if Trump were to win.  

I had it streaming on my Kindle, but had muted it to watch a DVD with my husband. I looked over and saw his name and "Muslims for Trump" and was like "huh?".

Anthony Sabato Jr. gave an interview after his RNC speech Monday night. Something tells me that FOX News is on 24/7 in the Sabato household.

“First of all, I don’t believe that the guy is a Christian,” Sabàto said. “I don’t believe he follows the God that I love and the Jesus that I love.”

“If you follow his story, if you read his book, if you understand about Obama — I mean, that’s not a Christian name, is it?” he continued.

Sabàto maintained that Obama doesn’t go to church and accused him of having never talked about Jesus Christ.

“I’ve met a lot of Christians. I know Christians,” he said. “I am one, and I don’t believe he is.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/antonio-sabato-obama-muslim-225788#ixzz4EyAkj8CN

Gah! I give up. I've tried several times to correct Mr. Sabato's first name to Antonio to no avail. 

Antonio is a dumbass. Seriously. A big old dumbass. I think it is funny that other daytime stars are coming out and saying, "Thanks, buddy. We have a hard enough time being taken seriously." 

Sabato Jr. gets up there on stage and claims Trump is for unity. Sure. Everything Trump has stood for is opposite of unity. After interview Sabato Jr. says Obama is not a Christian because he does not have a Christian name. Obama has never said anything about Jesus and he does not go to church. I was face palming the whole time.

Trump knows how to pick them, eh? 

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Gah! I give up. I've tried several times to correct Mr. Sabato's first name to Antonio to no avail. 

Just call him dumbass like I do. :) 

Regardless of whether or not Trump is elected, he's already granted legitimacy to every fringe wingnut and hatemonger out there. As bad as it will be if he IS elected, I can only imagine that it might be worse if he isn't. His supporters will be blinded by rage and belief in conspiracies behind every door and out to get anyone who they think denied their boy his rightful place on the throne. Trump could singlehandedly be the catalyst of the destruction of the US and there's no hyperbole in that statement. He's a dangerous buffoon and instead of making this country "great again," he'll make us a laughing stock and weaken us further with the dawn of every new day. I am truly, truly scared to death of this man, his slackjawed followers and what they represent. Trumpenfuhrer indeed. 

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

An adviser to Donald Trump said that he thinks Hillary should be shot: 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-vets-adviser-clinton-should-be-put-in-the-firing-line?utm_term=.ysk2LZpbA#.dhzBJEr45

The Trump campaign becomes more horrifying by the minute. Every time I think they can't sink any lower, they manage to find another disgusting, hateful level to sink to. I can't understand how anyone could consider voting for Trump. 

So gross. I guess this guy must have missed all those investigations from The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, The Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, The State Department's Accountibilty Review Board, The House Select Committee on Benghazi, The House Committee on Foreign Affairs, The House Committee on the Judiciary, The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, and The House Committee on Armed Services. 

Do people just not care to educate themselves? I find it so perplexing why so many do not take the time to educate themselves before getting up in front of a microphone only to look like an ass. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived