IGNORED

Donald Trump- Part 2

samurai_sarah

I follow politics the way some people do their favorite celebrities. 

My birthday is Inauguration Day. I was born to enjoy politics!  :pb_lol:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Mecca said:

Anyone catch the interview with Trump regarding NATO? I am 100% positive this guy has not a clue about how all this works and the role the U.S plays in the world. He has no clue about security alliances and allies and looks at them like business deals. Treaties. You have to stick with them and not withhold help from others. 

If Trump gets in, not only is the U.S. screwed but so is the world. Think about that people. Really think about that. Get out and vote to make sure Trump gets nowhere near the White House. For the love of all things holy, DO IT!!

This, yes. Trump is a total dick, and that is scary, because I am one of "these people" in Europe, whose country's safety is dependent on NATO and Article 5. If this guy becomes president, we are all fucked.

8 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

This, yes. Trump is a total dick, and that is scary, because I am one of "these people" in Europe, whose country's safety is dependent on NATO and Article 5. If this guy becomes president, we are all fucked.

The speech last night was self-serving in nature. It was very ego driven, just like everything else in his life. He only cares about his own interests. He is a very negative person and it showed greatly last night. He uses fear to rule and intimidate. 

He has no interest is being a leader to help the world. He is only interested in helping himself. Where are his solutions to all these problems he speaks about? They are nowhere to be found.

I had trouble sleeping last night. If anyone would have asked me a year ago if Trump would be on that stage accepting the nomination as the GOP candidate, I would have told them to zip it. No way would that ever happen. But look where we are now. I fear he will win. I fear for our future here in the U.S. and I fear for the rest of the world. There is a dangerous increase in far-right ideology around the world. It is alarming to see people I know that buy into it. 

21 minutes ago, Mecca said:

The speech last night was self-serving in nature. It was very ego driven, just like everything else in his life. He only cares about his own interests. He is a very negative person and it showed greatly last night. (..)

He has no interest is being a leader to help the world. He is only interested in helping himself. Where are his solutions to all these problems he speaks about? They are nowhere to be found.

It bothers me that Trump's own wife is from Eastern Europe, but he still doesn't care. Instead, he drools over Putin, the guy whose inability to understand what parts of the world are and are not Russia may eventually pull in war every country in the region. I mean, Melania must have family members and relatives, and childhood friends and whatnot. I wonder how she feels about this.

24 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

It bothers me that Trump's own wife is from Eastern Europe, but he still doesn't care. Instead, he drools over Putin, the guy whose inability to understand what parts of the world are and are not Russia may eventually pull in war every country in the region. I mean, Melania must have family members and relatives, and childhood friends and whatnot. I wonder how she feels about this.

Wife, employees, the American public, when has Donald Trump ever cared what someone else thinks?

Instead of watching Thursday night and the Trump speech.I decided to save my TV from having things thrown at it, I decided to watch the West Wing.  best decision ever.

I had to watch the supremes episode from west wing at the end of the RNC.  It made me feel 10 000 times better

I see Trae Crowder (aka Liberal Redneck) had some thoughts on the 2016 Cleveland Steamer Republican National Convention

10 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Instead of watching Thursday night and the Trump speech.I decided to save my TV from having things thrown at it, I decided to watch the West Wing.  best decision ever.

Yeah I'm surprised some times the TVs at my place survive with the amount of political bullshit that's blasted through them - that I haven't thrown anything at them yet.

11 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

I had to watch the supremes episode from west wing at the end of the RNC.  It made me feel 10 000 times better

That is the way I felt about the debate between Santos and Vinnick. Season 7 Episode 7.

@Lillybee have you tried the West Wing History Class podcast?  They're going episode by episode through the show, so I'm rewatching it (they're on hiatus right now).  It's not the one hosted by Josh Malina - I found his to be too self-congratulatory. 

Random question: Has the press every asked Donald Trump about how/why he switched from being a Democrat to a Republican. I feel like he's getting a free pass on having to explain that one, but maybe I just missed it. 

I'm really curious as to why the Republicans who love his so much aren't worried that he might be playing them. How do they really know what he's going to do once he gets into office considering he was a Democrat just a few years ago. And why aren't they worried that Ivanka broadcast to the world at the RNC that she wants to try to influence him on women's issues that are straight out of the Democratic platform? Why aren't they more alarmed that they were cheering for Michelle Obama's words during Melania's speech. Shouldn't that moment alone make them question whether they really believe what they think they believe?

There seems to be such a lack of critical thinking skills amongst his supporters. 

@47of74: Thanks for posting that video. I love Redneck Liberal videos. My favorite part of that was when he said that a Sanders supporter voting for Trump was like a vegan ordering veal because the restaurant was out of eggplant. 

What I don't get is why he's running.......... Power? Over-inflated ego? Just to prove he can?

What is he actually going to do if he gets in? apart from 'build a great big wall and get Mexico to pay for it'.

It feels like Brexit but on a much bigger scale............ he might get in and then realise he's actually expected to be President......

My opinion on his RNC speech: reminded me a LOT of those speeches in elementary school by class president candidates. "We will fight for better cafeteria food! We will abolish homework!"

6 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

@47of74: Thanks for posting that video. I love Redneck Liberal videos. My favorite part of that was when he said that a Sanders supporter voting for Trump was like a vegan ordering veal because the restaurant was out of eggplant. 

I have been a fan of Trae since the "bible as the state book of TN" video. Have to say, if you get a chance to see him perform live, go. It's worth the money. 

And now I saw where some Trump supporter got full on racist/stupid on a NYC subway;

rawstory.com/2016/07/racist-trump-supporter-caught-on-video-going-apesht-inside-a-manhattan-subway-train/

A Trump supporter was recently filmed going on a racist tirade inside a Manhattan subway train.

In video uncovered by The Daily Mail over the weekend, the unidentified man can be seen spewing sexist and racist obscenities, along with his support for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

“C*nt! C*nt! Fat two-faced c*nt!” the man yells at a black woman. “Worthless stupid f*cking c*nt! Donald Trump 2016! Put them back in the fields where they belong.”

Another woman on the train tries to calm the man down, imploring him to “let it go.”

And here are the videos of this guy being an idiot....

I can't even listen to Nate Silver anymore. Anyone else see his comments today? Because of the convention bounce, Trump would win if the election held today

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I can't even listen to Nate Silver anymore. Anyone else see his comments today? Because of the convention bounce, Trump would win if the election held today

Yeah, I've been avoiding his site all day because of the doom-and-gloom over there. I just keep reminding myself that 1) the Repulicans always do well in July. It's what happens in September and October that matters and 2) Nate Silver is probably overcompensating because he was wrong when he predicted that Trump would win the nomination. 

The republicans also just had their convention, which means they usually get a bump.  The democrats most likely will at the end of this week.

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

George Washington warned us about this very thing in his 1796 Farewell Address;

avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/washing.asp

I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the State, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally.

This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty.

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight), the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

Some Republicans are taking a principled stand:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-ladd/why-im-resigning-my-position-republican-committeeman_b_11184436.html

I will not contribute my name, my work or my character to an utterly indefensible cause. No sensible adult demands moral purity from a political party, but conscience is meaningless without constraints. A party willing to lend its collective capital to Donald Trump has entered a compromise beyond any credible threshold of legitimacy. There is no redemption in being one of the “good Nazis.

2 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Yeah I saw that too a while ago. 

Illinois Nazis.  I hate Illinois Nazis.

Seriously though, I'm glad this guy saw sense.  But I think he missed the point that this wasn't something new that just popped up recently, that this has been in the works for the past half century and is culminating in the Trumpsterfire getting nominated.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived