IGNORED

Fundie Retreat to Marry Off Children ~ Vaughn Ohlman

Leftitinmysnood

53 minutes ago, Desertrose said:

3. We are not fundamentalists, but reformed.

6. As a reader of your site has already pointed out, we do not support child marriages or child sexual activity. In fact we support sexual activity at a much later age than the government seems to desire. The government schools and other organizations charged with managing the sexual lives of our children seem to believe that our children should learn all about the joys of anal sex at five years old, and by twelve should be getting condoms out of vending machines, rolling in the sack with their partner of choice, and then (when the condoms fail) going out and murdering their children at taxpayer expense without even bothering to inform their parents.We, on the other hand, do not believe in sex until marriage, and don’t believe in marriage until the parents believe the child is ready and they have fully developed secondary sexual characteristics. We understand that they might enjoy sex before that, and even get pregnant, but we are such spoilsports that we believe that sex should wait until it is safe for the wife to get pregnant and deliver a baby

WTF. They arent fundamentalists, but reformed? yeah, reformed wack jobs. 

My kids are in public school. I realize that the Seattle area is liberal, but come on. They do not teach kids about anal sex at 5. Good grief, glad to see they are making good use of their education. 

Fucking idiots. I can not believe people buy into this garbage.

I went to one of the most liberal, hippiest, free for all schools imaginable and we didn't learn about anal sex in middle school sex Ed, so I doubt five year olds were. Granted, it was a private school but I know the public schools in my area also weren't talking about anal sex either. You're much more likely to be evangelized by the Good News Club than learn about anal sex in the public schools where I'm from. It's clear this guy has no contact with actual brick and mortar schools.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, dramallama said:

Let alone someone your father picks without a shred of input from you at all to the point that you are deliberately kept from meeting your spouse until a couple of hours before you're sold to him.  Also bearing in mind that these particular fathers believe that attraction, personality, and compatibility are irrelevant, and any two Christians can be successfully married because the only thing that matters is the right statement of faith.  And bewbz.

Please forgive me.  This thread is horrifying, for the berjillion reasons previously stated....but all I can hear/see when these creepers are mentioned is Beavis and Butthead.  

huh huh.  You said BEWBZ.  huhuhuhuh.

My handbasket still has room if anyone else is going my way.  :pb_lol:

I love that this has been cancelled. The hateful misogyny is just insane... and the attempts to justify it by using poorly interpreted, no context and totally misunderstood old testament scripture is just mind boggling.

My father would have loved to sell me to the highest bidder at the earliest possible opportunity. Thank mighty Ceiling Cat that my teenage years were over before the internet could bring like minded control freaks together. I feel awful for these children. Nobody should be bought or sold or made to feel that they must marry.

Is it wrong of me to hope that various state Children's Services agencies get the list of people who were leg humping or registering for this event? It wouldn't surprise me if the children (and probably some of the wives as well) of these people need some sort of assistance.

Just now, Kittikatz said:

I love that this has been cancelled. The hateful misogyny is just insane... and the attempts to justify it by using poorly interpreted, no context and totally misunderstood old testament scripture is just mind boggling.

My father would have loved to sell me to the highest bidder at the earliest possible opportunity. Thank mighty Ceiling Cat that my teenage years were over before the internet could bring like minded control freaks together. I feel awful for these children. Nobody should be bought or sold or made to feel that they must marry.

Is it wrong of me to hope that various state Children's Services agencies get the list of people who were leg humping or registering for this event? It wouldn't surprise me if the children (and probably some of the wives as well) of these people need some sort of assistance.

I know some of the commenters on Libby Anne's blog said they called CPS. Maybe there will be a real world investigation.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Jeez, again with the Duggars! I know it's click bait, but it annoys me because it's also so damn lazy. If these bloggers/journalists really want to inform their readers about what's going on on the religious right, they should do a little more homework. Attaching everything to the Duggars and their brand of Arminian, smiley-fakey Christianity actually trivializes the issue and makes the fundie world seem a lot smaller than it really is. 

2 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Jeez, again with the Duggars! I know it's click bait, but it annoys me because it's also so damn lazy. If these bloggers/journalists really want to inform their readers about what's going on on the religious right, they should do a little more homework. Attaching everything to the Duggars and their brand of Arminian, smiley-fakey Christianity actually trivializes the issue and makes the fundie world seem a lot smaller than it really is. 

So much this. And at least one commentor in another thread here has made the same mistake and has said something about the Duggars taking their unmarried daughters to this retreat. I don't know if s/he got it from what was said in the Raw Story or Wonkette article or just inferred it from one of those.

45 minutes ago, SpurgeonSquarepants said:

LoL. This is great you guys, I'm real proud of everyone!

24288.png

Conveniently leaving out that force need not be applied when there is previous assurance that objections can and will not be made. 

Also he said 'get them ready' to parents who's children are not ready. How does that correspond with his final statement in the disclaimer?

Also he is very conveniently declining giving a minimum age. He said 12 is too young. How about 13? 14? 15? I believe some states have very young ages for legal marriage, right? So is the legal minimum age his minimum age?And how is that not putting the law of God before the law of men in his screwed logic? 

And did anyone notice how V Ohlman has a penguin as his avatar? As in an animal that reverses gender roles and has the male care for the egg/young at least part of the time? :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

And did anyone notice how V Ohlman has a penguin as his avatar? As in an animal that reverses gender roles and has the male care for the egg/young at least part of the time? :pb_lol:

Oh, that's funny!

2 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

And did anyone notice how V Ohlman has a penguin as his avatar?

I went straight to Arndts with that reference.... and if ANYONE needs to get some offspring married off, it is the Arndts.  (But I want them to be happy, and have a good mate, not forced into anything.)

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe the Duggars want to host. They're pretty desperate for attention these days!

They do have a nice 'treehouse' it could be hosted in...

On May 4, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Hiddenomaha said:

Its almost tempting for me to signup for this event....but then Id have no escape from their craziness for 3 days. What to do, what to do....

Take lots and lots of videos!  

17 minutes ago, 16strong said:

It's weird how they threw in a video of Tool at the end, especially as the video had nothing to do with Quiverful. 

And the title? "Duggar Church Leader"? I can't even imagine the Duggars and the Ohlmans in the same room, FFS. 

I kind of doubt Vaughn Ohlman and his ilk care overmuch for legal age limits. The "small ceremony" Laura described seems only to have been presided over by the two fathers, and consists of each wingnut preaching at his kid ("admonishing" is the word she used, I believe). That sounds more like the Pearl- and Mortonesque dominionist weddings than the real, state-recognized, legal thing.

10 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I went straight to Arndts with that reference.... and if ANYONE needs to get some offspring married off, it is the Arndts.  (But I want them to be happy, and have a good mate, not forced into anything.)

Me too.  I have such a soft spot for those kids (men).  Why haven't any married?!!!  I hope they are at least getting some on the side but I know that would make them feel as though they were cheating on Gods intended spouse for them.  

1 minute ago, DomWackTroll said:

It's weird how they threw in a video of Tool at the end, especially as the video had nothing to do with Quiverful. 

And the title? "Duggar Church Leader"? I can't even imagine the Duggars and the Ohlmans in the same room, FFS. 

Yeah. The title threw me for a loop, too. I thought we'd established that this dude has nothing to do with the Duggars. Anywhoo, It's not called the Daily Fail for their awesome investigative journalism. But I like that this guy is getting a sound public beating, despite the incorrect reporting.

7 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

LOL!!!!! I wasn't thinking Dougie. I was thinking:

tool.jpg

(The Band).

So I had to go on over and check out that link wondering, "WTH? Are they playing a clip of "Opiate" or something?", and....Doug Phillips is *still* a tool!

5 minutes ago, Nonyabznoch said:

Gotta ask, what is a biblical eunuch?

What Jana Duggar will be.

6 minutes ago, Nonyabznoch said:

Gotta ask, what is a biblical eunuch?

I had the same question.

5 minutes ago, refugee said:

I had the same question.

Its essentially someone that is asexual or someone who choses living their lives purely for Jesus and never having or riteously fulfilling their sexual desires. It was usually referring to males that were either born with a physical sexual defect, or castrated males but biblical eunuchs refer to both males and females.

3 hours ago, Desertrose said:

3. We are not fundamentalists, but reformed.

6. As a reader of your site has already pointed out, we do not support child marriages or child sexual activity. In fact we support sexual activity at a much later age than the government seems to desire. The government schools and other organizations charged with managing the sexual lives of our children seem to believe that our children should learn all about the joys of anal sex at five years old, and by twelve should be getting condoms out of vending machines, rolling in the sack with their partner of choice, and then (when the condoms fail) going out and murdering their children at taxpayer expense without even bothering to inform their parents.We, on the other hand, do not believe in sex until marriage, and don’t believe in marriage until the parents believe the child is ready and they have fully developed secondary sexual characteristics. We understand that they might enjoy sex before that, and even get pregnant, but we are such spoilsports that we believe that sex should wait until it is safe for the wife to get pregnant and deliver a baby

WTF. They arent fundamentalists, but reformed? yeah, reformed wack jobs. 

My kids are in public school. I realize that the Seattle area is liberal, but come on. They do not teach kids about anal sex at 5. Good grief, glad to see they are making good use of their education. 

Fucking idiots. I can not believe people buy into this garbage.

I guess they haven't heard of the Hyde Amendment.  Think of the twelve year old who got pregnant, despite using a condom, and had been either raped, the victim of incest, or whose life was in danger because of the pregnancy.  That would be covered by "taxpayer expense."  Sure, it could happen, but not enough to justify their hoity-toityness.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived