IGNORED

Fundie Retreat to Marry Off Children ~ Vaughn Ohlman

Leftitinmysnood

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

THIS! I thought this like 6 different times while I was reading this thread. Seriously, what the shit fuck am I reading right now? I never thought I would ever find someone who made the Chapman clusterfuck look less creepy!

WHAT THE SERIOUS FUCKING FUCK? AND HE MADE HIS DAUGHTER MARRY HIM? I CAN'T FUCKING EVEN. SEND HELP AND WINE!

Good game making this jackass go private FJ. What a horrible bit of human excrement.

:wine:

Fortunately, they popped their heads up out of their hidey-holes long enough to get thoroughly spanked by FJ and all those social media/news outlets, so even if they take cover now, it's out there.

Honestly...what made them think that no one would say anything about this. Do they even know it's 2016? And that women aren't tethered to the bed and kitchen anymore?

1 hour ago, dawbs said:

You're right, that's still up.  And he officially still says that he's looking for a venue to hold the retreat--that it's not off.

But the other one is locked down and now requires a login--I lost my linkage, I'll try to put it up here when I find it.

This one: justgetmarriedsite.wordpress.com
His main blog is apparently now private/invite only.  That or he intentionally blocked just me out :)

I think it's blanket blocked. At least, I can't get in either (but I did make a comment on that post, so maybe he is selectively blocking?)

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On May 5, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Four is Enough said:

"You haven't arrived until you've been mocked on Free Jinger." Damn skippy. We supply the URLs for the what the fuckery around the world. (Oh, and did I mention they said we were foul mouthed? :my_rolleyes:

What the fuck are they talking about?

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Who the fuck knows? I don't have a foul mouth! WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT FUCK ARE THEY ON ABOUT??

19 hours ago, JMarie said:

I guess they haven't heard of the Hyde Amendment.  Think of the twelve year old who got pregnant, despite using a condom, and had been either raped, the victim of incest, or whose life was in danger because of the pregnancy.  That would be covered by "taxpayer expense."  Sure, it could happen, but not enough to justify their hoity-toityness.

Fundies never know about the Hyde Amendment. And yeah, the exceptions to it are SO small. 

Couple of thoughts:

if marriage is at its core a lifelong sexual relationship, do the women get to kick the headships to the curb if their junk causes the menfolk to have trouble fellowshipping on demand?  

IOW if little Elvis stops saluting do the women get to stop doing dishes?

Let them marry as a project name is more than a little ironic, as last I checked there are groups lobbying for the right to marry in our country, but I don't think single heterosexuals of legal age are amongst them.

In my entire life my father never bought me a Christmas gift that wasn't from my list, down to the model number.  Thanks, Dad, for always going off the premise that I knew what I wanted better than you did.  And for not selling me at some weird picnic/slave auction hybrid.

and  to the assholes reading* ...if you have to put a disclaimer on your page to clarify that you're not advocating illegal child sexual activity you have made a very wrong turn somewhere.  Because most people live their lives in a such a way the need for that clarification never comes up.

and you are, too...it breaks my heart thinking of all the kids born into these families who have no idea this isn't normal.

*shit, that's why they call us foul mouthed.  Sorry!

and someone way back asked about the thing where you're not attracted to people if you grew up with them as family...it's called the Westermark effect.  If that's already been answered then never mind. :) 

17 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Who the fuck knows? I don't have a foul mouth! WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT FUCK ARE THEY ON ABOUT??

I know, right?!  Something is very fucky with their interpretation.  I don't think the dickheads know how to read.

31 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Vaughn just confirmed my suspicions.  A subsector of Fundies actually compete to be mocked on FJ because they then know they have arrived (at the Gates of Hell).

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Vaughn just confirmed my suspicions.  A subsector of Fundies actually compete to be mocked on FJ because they then know they have arrived (at the Gates of Hell).

I don't doubt it for a second.  I wonder if they find us as bizarre as we do them.  I bet some of our relationship constructs have them absolutely stymied.

since the only relationship they aknowledge is marriage I wonder what they think of all the married women on FJ who choose to stay with our husbands?  They think it makes them such powerful men to have created a system where their women are forced to service them, listen to them, bear their children, and do their dishes.  What do they think of the men married to women like us who get sex, conversation, kids (if wanted), and clean dishes and somehow managed to seal the deal without threats of eternal damnation.

just musing that I'd be jealous of someone whose partner was with them because of love and because life was better with than without them if I had to keep mine around by locking him in the basement.

(reminds me I should go check my basement and see if he's hungry...where are my keys...) 

We cannot understand them because we use different definitions for the same words. Here is my new reformed dictionary: 

Love= submission to the proper authorities and fulfilling your duties toward somebody.

Child= someone who cannot safely give birth (girl) or have sex (boy)

Adult= someone who can safely give birth (woman) or gave sex (men)

Maturity: something that will happen eventually, but is not to be taken into consideration when determining someones readiness for sex and babies.

Falling in love: Satan tempting you to disregard your father's authority.

Father: Your master, police, and only gateway to knowledge and hapiness and provider of your spouse.

Mother: your father's servant.

Marriage: 1)lifelong sex and babies 2)the cure for immorality

Wife: She who should obey and serve

Husband: He who should decide and rule

Sex: 1) That which men want. 2) That which leads to babies.

Reformed: A label to be stuck on insane practices to justify them

Rational people: Those sent by satan to destroy the plans of reformed patriarchs and other true believers.

The law: that which one should pretent to follow if rational people discover you on internet.

Submission: doing whatever daddy says

Consent: submission

Arranged marriage, child marriage, forced marriage: that which should be denied in the face of all evidence.

Courtship: 1) A tactic of satan to delay marriage 2) that which we are too good for

Marriage to a total stranger: the ultimate display of submission to the proper authorities and the best was to prevent ungodly happiness by replacing it with godly unhappiness.

The 21st century: that which should be avoided at all cost.

I looked up at the blog from which he reposted the arranged marriage story.

This stood out http://necessarilyanonymous.blogspot.com/2016/03/thou-shalt-not-rape.html

This man is evil. He is "necessarily anonymous" because he doesn't have the courage to attach his name to his hateful opinions. So much for "giving testimony", "martyrdom for the faith". These men are controlling freaks, cowards so full of their own bull shit they can't feel the smell anymore. 

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, they do love to feel persecuted. 

What did I just read? Is he *really* calling rape "seduction"? W.T.F?!

I am blown away by his theology. It has more hole than a piece of Swiss cheese.

my husband was blown away by this guy. He found it amuses that Vaughn would slam us.

my boys were absolutely disgusted with his FAQ page last night ( they are 15 and 16). I just wanted them to know these freaks exist.

23 hours ago, sockinshoe said:

I mean, can you imagine marrying a person based on who you were at 13? Yuck. 

Well, in the fundie world, the person somone is at 13 is the same person they will be at 33. Intellectual and emotional growth really aren't encouraged. 

Maybe we should give Vaughn Olhman the Doug Phillips treatment: "Vaughn Ohlman is a Pervert" or "Vaughn Olhman is a Breast Man" or something similar.

So I popped over to the site to see if it was still private, and it has this message:

We are in the process of completely rewriting our site.

As a result of being picked up by the national media, and being misquoted, a lot, (and lied about), we decided it was best for our tiny ministry to focus on saying exactly what we mean and to take down the hundreds of blog posts and articles which attempted to explain, discuss and explore. We hope to have more content up soon!

Yeah, I don't know what school of thought he comes from, but I tend to believe in saying exactly what I mean, particularly when the subject matter has to do with children being forced into sexual relationships. As in: it's bad, don't do it.

But go ahead and keep trying to dress up and obfuscate your fundamentally flawed, illegal, creepy, and perverted ideas, Vaughn. I'll just wait here until you're done.

1 hour ago, Dark Matters said:

Maybe we should give Vaughn Olhman the Doug Phillips treatment:

I have already started doing this in my own mind:  "Vaughn Ohlman is a Pimp"

[Random note:  My high school reunion includes a guy named Doug Phillips, and I unfortunately always automatically append "is a tool" when I read his name.  I sure hope I don't ever say that out loud to him--yikes!]

15 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

if you have to put a disclaimer on your page to clarify that you're not advocating illegal child sexual activity you have made a very wrong turn somewhere.  Because most people live their lives in a such a way the need for that clarification never comes up.

This, a thousand times this.  I hope that this FJ kerfuffle has helped at least someone, even one person, to rethink what they are doing when they are pursuing arranged marriages for their children, after having "convinced" their children it is the right thing to do.  Notice that I used the word "children" and not "young people" or "teens". 

Maybe we should give Vaughn Olhman the Doug Phillips treatment: "Vaughn Ohlman is a Pervert" or "Vaughn Olhman is a Breast Man" or something similar.

Last night while reading Love Joy Feminism, I kept getting this picture in my head of his kid on the wedding night, with VO sitting outside the bedroom door, periodically yelling, "Don't forget the breasts!"

I vote for VOIAPP: Vaughn Ohlman Is A Pedophilic Pimp.

Or VOIAC: Vaughn Ohlman is a creep.

I looked up at the blog from which he reposted the arranged marriage story.

This stood out http://necessarilyanonymous.blogspot.com/2016/03/thou-shalt-not-rape.html

This man is evil. He is "necessarily anonymous" because he doesn't have the courage to attach his name to his hateful opinions. So much for "giving testimony", "martyrdom for the faith". These men are controlling freaks, cowards so full of their own bull shit they can't feel the smell anymore. 

What the serious fuck? There is so much fucking crazy here. I love the calling a fucking RAPIST a seducer. Sweet baby J, just when I think I had seen everything.

FUCKING RAPE IS "EXCUSABLE ADULTERY"????

No. Just fucking no. This man is evil.

Edit: in thinking about this, this arranged marriage horseshit doesn't even make sense biblically. Have these guys ever heard of Song of Solomon?

8 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I vote for VOOIAPP: Vaughn Ohlman Is A Pedophilic Pimp.

Would it be VOIAPP? Got a kind of ring to it, come to think of it. "Voy - app!"

4 minutes ago, refugee said:

Would it be VOIAPP? Got a kind of ring to it, come to think of it. "Voy - app!"

I edited to remove that obnoxious O that escaped the first time :D 

I too like how VOIAPP sounds.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived