IGNORED

#Big Sandy 2016

picklepizzas

17 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Jinger's hair is naturally curly, but not like that. If you look at the early specials, you can see how her hair curls in its natural state. I guess ATI/IBLP couldn't keep the Duggars away, no matter how much the outside world dislikes them.

If you go back to the early episodes you see what Jinger's hair was like when she was a 10 year old! 
You can't really judge anything based on that. My hair changed majorly around puberty, from slight wave to curls, then again in my early 20s, from curl to almost coils.

• Upvote 2

I LOVE this thread!!! A huge thank you to everyone who has posted so far. You made my day, although I'm hungover at the office.

• Upvote 1

On 19/04/2016 at 9:01 AM, Gertie said:

Yes, it has the same meaning in Canada, anyway! Does it have some *other* meaning in Fundy-world? 

It literally means putting up a tent. So Abraham, being nomadic, would be able to move around and pitch his tent wherever he pleased, and God warns him not to go near Sodom and Gomorrah.  For people who seem obsessed with sex, fundies can be remarkably naive when it comes to innuendo!

• Upvote 9

On 4/20/2016 at 2:10 AM, JillyO said:

"J. Duggar" may be the single most useless name tag I have ever seen.

Yeah, right!  I bet they save the difference too by using the tag over and over with each Duggarling that comes to the camp too.:my_biggrin:

• Upvote 6

20 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

ETA: Found this detailed schedule, thought others might find it interesting: http://familyconferences.org/files/2015/12/Big-Sandy-Schedule-2016.pdf 

ETA Again: Apparently "beware of pitching your tent towards sodom" is a STUDENT section. (Also how weird is it that kelly's name was dropped from the pdf?)

"Please ensure that only parents or siblings 16 and older attend younger children." 

But what about the buddies under 16!?

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

"Please ensure that only parents or siblings 16 and older attend younger children." 

But what about the buddies under 16!?

I have a feeling they've had issues with young buddies bringing and then not being able to handle their charges.  Which is sad, but totally plausible that a 12 year old may want to attend this session but be forced to watch her toddler siblings (mom only has the baby, naturally).

• Upvote 4

Just now, Georgiana said:

I have a feeling they've had issues with young buddies bringing and then not being able to handle their charges.  Which is sad, but totally plausible that a 12 year old may want to attend this session but be forced to watch her toddler siblings (mom only has the baby, naturally).

That's very true.sad they have to remind people though.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I find it interesting though that Jinger goes all crunchy for Sandy but on Counting On, she's normally got it straight or loosely waved.  Forced to change it for the session so she's within their little "Godly dress code"?

Mixture of both maybe? I've always been super surprised of the way they dress on TV. All kinds of makeup, SERIOUS hair styling, clothing.... I thought there was a fundie uniform a-la FLDS. Tsk tsk ladies....

Been trying to look for #bigsandy as a hashtag on the Twitterssss but I'm getting all kinds of random shit, including what appears to be a country band. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, seattlechic said:

Mixture of both maybe? I've always been super surprised of the way they dress on TV. All kinds of makeup, SERIOUS hair styling, clothing.... I thought there was a fundie uniform a-la FLDS. Tsk tsk ladies....

I have always found it strange how quickly they dumped the prairie wear once TLC came along. Seems hypocritical, especially considering they told TLC they could film the show as long as they could show their faith. 

But I am putting logic to Duggar ways so I don't know.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I have always found it strange how quickly they dumped the prairie wear once TLC came along. Seems hypocritical, especially considering they told TLC they could film the show as long as they could show their faith. 

But I am putting logic to Duggar ways so I don't know.

The more I think about TLC, the more I am convinced they are fundies. Why if not would they cancel Flora Jessop's AWESOME "escaping the prophet" but yet continue to give money to pedophile cover-uppers and women oppressors?

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, seattlechic said:

The more I think about TLC, the more I am convinced they are fundies. Why if not would they cancel Flora Jessop's AWESOME "escaping the prophet" but yet continue to give money to pedophile cover-uppers and women oppressors?

I was so excited about Flora's show, having read some of her stuff, and then it just seemed to go away. I think I watched the first episode and then couldn't find it. I hope they bring "Escaping Polygamy" back.  I think that one is on Lifetime and was about the Kingston group and it was fascinating.

I had never considered that TLC were fundies, seattlechic, but when you said that it makes sense! I honestly thought initially they were bringing the show back as to make money off exploitation. But the new Counting On show doesn't ring true to that except where Anna's grief is concerned. Otherwise, it's a desperate attempt to normalize the family.

I'd most definitely watch a show with fundies who have left the faith and are ready to expose everything. Waiting for a Duggar tell all.

Edited by BabyBottlePop
clarifying Flora Jessop's name
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Granted I have been since the 90's when it was one huge event in Knoxville, but at that time kids six and up had their own activities to go to and mothers had to watch the sessions in a special "mothers room". My mom said that there would be pack and plays lined up filled with crying kids. 

But I wonder, since things are much, much smaller now, if it is a problem with mothers handing kids over to a sibling to watch so she can attend sessions by herself. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I was so excited about Flora's show, having read some of her stuff, and then it just seemed to go away. I think I watched the first episode and then couldn't find it. I hope they bring "Escaping Polygamy" back.  I think that one is on Lifetime and was about the Kingston group and it was fascinating.

I had never considered that TLC were fundies, seattlechic, but when you said that it makes sense! I honestly thought initially they were bringing the show back as to make money off exploitation. But the new Counting On show doesn't ring true to that except where Anna's grief is concerned. Otherwise, it's a desperate attempt to normalize the family.

I'd most definitely watch a show with fundies who have left the faith and are ready to expose everything. Waiting for a Duggar tell all.

Me too. I had brief exchanges with Flora on Twitter and she was a really nice gal, very committed to the cause of helping these abused children of the FLDS.

On 4/20/2016 at 9:54 AM, imokit said:

Knicker trick, learned at swimming lessons aged 7 or 8.  Also known as how to swap underwear for a on piece bathing suit without being naked.  Not cos we're fundy, but just because we could.

Every competitive swimmer learns at an early age how to do a deck change. No sleeping bags required.

• Upvote 4

I am SEVERELY disappointed in the lack of Big Sandy  family camp social media posts so far.  I think the UP channel is definitely filming the Bateseseseses there & they've put on media lockdown.

BennieBenZ Seewald could be rapping with Flame around the campfire; Josh could be on the main auditorium stage starting his Redemption Tour 2016; JD could have died in a crashlanding on the airstrip, and Nathan N Ashley could have gotten engaged over burgers at a picnic table by now for all we know.

• Upvote 12

20 hours ago, divadivine said:

OMG! @happy atheist "protected by a helmet of hairspray"  this needs to be a post count. 

We already have Hallelujah for Hairspray, which covers the same territory, alas.

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I am SEVERELY disappointed in the lack of Big Sandy  family camp social media posts so far.  I think the UP channel is definitely filming the Bateseseseses there & they've put on media lockdown.

BennieBenZ Seewald could be rapping with Flame around the campfire; Josh could be on the main auditorium stage starting his Redemption Tour 2016; JD could have died in a crashlanding on the airstrip, and Nathan N Ashley could have gotten engaged over burgers at a picnic table by now for all we know.

But rap music is of the devil! :naughty: Those ATI/IBLP fundies would probably faint if they would get their poor ears defrauded like that. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/20/2016 at 5:28 PM, picklepizzas said:

according to that post of jinger, boob and j chelle, they are livestreaming it somewhere!  the poster hashtagged #thankfulforlivestream. 

interesting that they dropped any mention of the duggars from the agenda, but they were still apparently an integral part of the opening ceremony. 

ETA: Found this detailed schedule, thought others might find it interesting: http://familyconferences.org/files/2015/12/Big-Sandy-Schedule-2016.pdf 

ETA Again: Apparently "beware of pitching your tent towards sodom" is a STUDENT section. (Also how weird is it that kelly's name was dropped from the pdf?)

I noticed that only parents and siblings 16 and older can supervise the little ones at the Family Viewing Center. Sounds like somebody has gotten burned. 

• Upvote 3

It's like Gil came up with this title just for our post counts.  

Do we have spies at the ATI conference?  I really need someone to explain this one to me.

image.png

Edited by OodOnTheLoo
Add photo
  • Upvote 1

Oh my, and in a library none the less!

The dangers of worldly litterature? Or dare I say it...the dangers of pitching your trouser tent in search of ungodly satisfaction? 

On 20.4.2016 at 4:47 AM, Grimalkin said:

Sorry for the thread drift. There is all sorts of WTF Jesus art out there. Like this man who does not look amused.image.jpeg

someone injecting heroin into Jesus' arm.image.jpeg

jesus interfering with a dentist trying to do his job.image.jpeg

i can go on and on.

Jesus is obviously looking for a cure for premature baldness at the doctors office. Just pointing it out, guiding towards enlightenment. 

• Upvote 6