IGNORED

#Big Sandy 2016

picklepizzas

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Gabriel Cleator has been on the ATI traveling Dog and Pony Show for at least 2 years as an inspirational speaker.  He speaks at Family Conferences, has done the Family Connections Tour with David Waller, and was a leader for JTTH.   He looks about 11 years old but is probably in his mid-twenties.  There are some videos out there of him speaking but they seem to be subscription only.

His session this year is called "The Power of the Tongue."

They really don't get double entendres, do they? :)

Can "The Power of the Tongue" be directed towards Sodom?

• Upvote 19

2 hours ago, happy atheist said:

From Dinosaurs to Dung Beetles: The Creator’s Universal Sanitary Engineers - first, they admit dinosaurs existed? second, how the heck does this topic fit in with all the other stuff?

The Other Man’s Rain - what does that mean?

I seem to remember a picture here on FJ for thinking of a funny sentence to go with a pic (can't remember the term for this ) of 2 childeren playing in the jungle with dinosaurs is the background. So they exist, just together with man ;) even is was not possible....

8 minutes ago, Angelic83 said:

I seem to remember a picture here on FJ for thinking of a funny sentence to go with a pic (can't remember the term for this ) of 2 childeren playing in the jungle with dinosaurs is the background. So they exist, just together with man ;) even is was not possible....

that was from the creation museum - IIRC

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

i've tried, but i can't see the uman footprint anywhere

http://mtblanco.com/2016/03/human-girl-footprintdinosaur-track-replica/

Oh come on it's there.  It is even both actual and apparent!

Actual apparent human footprint. We are selling the replicas

Joe Taylor gives me the giggles but there is no doubt that he was screwed by Doug Phillips (who is a Tool).

• Upvote 8

Totally random, but this just occurred to me:

Since many, or even most, of the "family conference" attendees will either be staying in RVs or tents, how on earth do they get to shower? Cause in normal campgrounds, there is usually a communal shower. But since the fundies are probably not ok with being naked in front of each other, what do they do? Or does being naked in front of members of the same sex doesn't count? Or do they skip showering altogether? :my_sick:

• Upvote 1

The campgrounds that I have been in had shower stalls with curtains.  My guess is that's what they do.

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Oh my, I suppose you are correct. I better go back into the kitchen and make some Chickenetti with extra Velveeta for my headship. 

Sad thing is, I sometimes think that the unhealthy processed foods coming out of so many fundie kitchens are a passive aggressive attempt by women to cause their headships to succumb to diabetes and/or a stroke or coronary... mind you, my mother was quite open about serving my father meals designed to increase cholesterol dramatically... or it could just be the women in my family aren't very nice to people who try to tell us what to do...

50 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Can "The Power of the Tongue" be directed towards Sodom?

If it could be, we may have to re-evaluate how much fun the fundies are having at Big Sandy...

3 hours ago, happy atheist said:

The Other Man’s Rain - what does that mean?

Given the other topics, maybe they are advocating golden showers??

:omg:

• Upvote 10

26 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The campgrounds that I have been in had shower stalls with curtains.  My guess is that's what they do.

Yeah, but you still have to get naked in order to even enter them. Unless you want your frumpers to get soaking wet too.

And yes, this is one of the reasons why I refuse to go camping...

• Upvote 2

The ones I've used had a small dressing area maybe only a foot wide, but with a bench seat and hooks on the wall. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Sundaymorning said:

Yeah, but you still have to get naked in order to even enter them. Unless you want your frumpers to get soaking wet too.

And yes, this is one of the reasons why I refuse to go camping...

The camps I have been to have 2 shower curtains for each individual shower. You step behind the first shower curtain and it is the dressing/undressing area, then you go behind the 2nd shower curtain and that is the shower.

So what about the under 7 year old boys? They are kind of young to be showering alone because well they are under 7 and won't actually clean themselves (in my experience) but they are getting a little curious to be going into the women's bath house. Of course headships can't clean the young boys because that is women's work!!

3 hours ago, happy atheist said:

From Dinosaurs to Dung Beetles: The Creator’s Universal Sanitary Engineers -

Nauglers REALLY need to take this class!

• Upvote 8

@Coconut Flan, back in the late 70s,  I went to this huge charismatic Catholic conference at Notre Dame.  People stayed in vacant dorm rooms (it was summer) but some of us stayed in a big campground that was set up because it was dirt cheap.  We could use the shower facilities in the athletic center.  The women were assigned the men's showers and I guess the guys got the women's.  Us females had to shower without any dressing facilities at all.  We did it anyway.  The women just got over any embarrassment they might have felt.

Btw, my charismatic period was very short-lived and I'm no longer Catholic or any other flavor of Christian.  Just a good old fashioned atheist.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Don't think the rains will delay Big Sandy.

#inspiteofus ? 

1 minute ago, PennySycamore said:

@Coconut Flan, back in the late 70s,  I went to this huge charismatic Catholic conference at Notre Dame.  People stayed in vacant dorm rooms (it was summer) but some of us stayed in a big campground that was set up because it was dirt cheap.  We could use the shower facilities in the athletic center.  The women were assigned the men's showers and I guess the guys got the women's.  Us females had to shower without any dressing facilities at all.  We did it anyway.  The women just got over any embarrassment they might have felt.

Btw, my charismatic period was very short-lived and I'm no longer Catholic or any other flavor of Christian.

You used the WRONG bathroom!?!?! I assume you're gay now.

• Upvote 34

I wish they would have the same showers which offer privacy around here everywhere. Not that I've been to many campgrounds, but the ones I know only have showers where you have to get undressed in front of everyone. Many even don't offer separate shower cabins at all.

• Upvote 1

Is this an american thing with the communal dressing rooms? Because I have been camping but here in Europe most of them had a separate cubicle like the ones @coconutflan was talking about

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Angelic83 said:

Is this an american thing with the communal dressing rooms? Because I have been camping but here in Europe most of them had a separate cubicle like the ones @coconutflan was talking about

Maybe things have changed by now, but at least in Austria, France and Germany, I've only encountered those communal dressing rooms. But then again, it's been years since I've been to a camping place.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Angelic83 said:

I don't think it's a real American thing as I've never seen a campground with a communal shower in the US.  I'm not saying that they don't exist,  just so far I haven't run into one.

• Upvote 9

It's been a long time since I've been "camping" at a place that has showers at all. But what is the big deal about communal dressing areas? You take your clothes off, put a towel on, walk in your flip flop shower shoes to the shower, hang the towel on the rack, shower, wrap yourself in a towel, put your clothes on. Maybe have a chat with someone about the level of sand on the floor. 

• Upvote 5

I haven't been camping since I was a child.

Communal dressing rooms--- I remember some stores had them when I was a teen (90s) and it was a pain in the ass to try clothes on knowing other customers and employees can see you strip down to your skivvies.  I believe they saw this as a way to prevent theft.

Today, many locker rooms have them.  I'm personally not comfortable changing out in the open.  My gym has this, but they also have two stalls for private changing (which I use).  I'd change in a bathroom stall before out in the open.  There seems to be a generation gap when it comes to the people who change in the open vs using the stalls.  50+ change in the open and the younger women use the stalls.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

"What is God really like."

Hmmm really, how would ANYONE BE able to speak to this?!?!?!

God is fundie, of course, only more so.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

There seems to be a generation gap when it comes to the people who change in the open vs using the stalls.  50+ change in the open and the younger women use the stalls.

50+ here and I will avoid communal changing at all costs.  Been doing it since I was 8 years old at Girl Scout camp.  :my_blush:  

4 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Communal dressing rooms--- I remember some stores had them when I was a teen (90s) and it was a pain in the ass to try clothes on knowing other customers and employees can see you strip down to your skivvies.  I believe they saw this as a way to prevent theft.

I haven't thought of this in years!  In the 70's there was a popular store for teen girls (Lerner's) and they did this.  I refused to change in the open, so I'd just buy whatever and return it if it didn't fit.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think it's a real American thing as I've never seen a campground with a communal shower in the US.  I'm not saying that they don't exist,  just so far I haven't run into one.

I agree @Coconut Flan - actual campgrounds in the US usually have a bath house with privacy. Now if you are going to backpacking in the wilderness (not Naugler wilderness) there won't be a bath house (think Isle Royale national park)

But this is often what the bath houses look like with little privacy:
http://www.pinevalleyrv.com/Amenities/BathHouses.aspx

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Stephen King's Lawnmower Man.  Not what they were going for, right? :pb_biggrin:

And now I have an image of Ben crawling behind a lawnmower, naked, eating grass and worshipping Pan.  Thanks for the diet aid. :pb_razz:

Thankyou! That's my wine spilt now!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kittikatz said:

If it could be, we may have to re-evaluate how much fun the fundies are having at Big Sandy...

Given the other topics, maybe they are advocating golden showers??

:omg:

Like Zeus and Danae?

I travelled a lot around Europe in an RV when I was younger. I never found double courtained showers, showers were little cubicles with one door within a common area where you could also get changed. Usually we would undress on the RV, wear a toweling robe and then go to take a shower. 

50 + here also. Have NEVER used a store communal changing room. Almost did back in my sylph like 20s. I was seriously shocked by the level of nakedness being paraded. It was a dress shop for goodness sake. Why strip to the buff??!

Posted 4 hours ago.  I'd forgotten that Jeer was currently at Alert.

• Upvote 3