IGNORED

Lori Alexander learning less than ever- Part 7

27 minutes ago, Koala said:

This one is interesting:

Lori replies:

IDK, but the lady sounds genuine enough to me.  Lori couldn't resist taking a jab at her though- no compassion at all, just "you're probably lying". Nice. 

As a side note- What business does Lori have telling her to get out?  According to the gospel of Lori, that her husband's decision, not The Godly Mentor's.

Salvation Army, maybe?

And to the bolded, yes, Lori contradicts herself again!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Lori say that sounds like a cult? I hope it isn't just because women are teaching men. 

It sounds to me like the commenter is referring to the Salvation Army.

3 minutes ago, molecule said:

Why does Lori say that sounds like a cult? I hope it isn't just because women are teaching men. 

It sounds to me like the commenter is referring to the Salvation Army.

I fear that's precisely the reason she's saying it's a cult.

If the church this woman is talking about qualifies as a "cult," then I guess the following are also:

**The United Methodist Church

**The Episcopal Church

**The Unitarian Universalist Church

**Reform Judaism

**The American Baptist Church

**The Evangelical Lutheran Church

And others.

She's such a judgy bitch.

@Koala

Are sure these women seeking godly guidance aren't socks or trolls? They seem like questions that are too perfect. They play right into Lori's godly mentor bullshit advice.

Did anyone notice how lori says she doesnt preach but rather teaches so of course that makes all the difference. The kicker is a few comments up Dave says "preach it  sister!" And she doesn't correct.

13 hours ago, Koala said:

This one is interesting:

Lori replies:

IDK, but the lady sounds genuine enough to me.  Lori couldn't resist taking a jab at her though- no compassion at all, just "you're probably lying". Nice. 

As a side note- What business does Lori have telling her to get out?  According to the gospel of Lori, that her husband's decision, not The Godly Mentor's.

Only in Lori's world is it better for a woman with 5 children to end up homeless and destitute rather than follow her headship's wishes.  This woman is clearly being a good submissive wife like Lori is always yammering on about, but it's still not good enough for Lori.   She wants the family out on the streets where she'd then complain about how lazy the husband is for not having a job to support his family and they are on welfare.

Women will get all dressed up for a night on the town with their girlfriends. If they have a job in the corporate world, they will get dressed up for this. If they're going out on a date with the guy they've had a crush on for a long time, they will look as best as they can for him! If they were going to meet a famous movie star or the President, you can bet they would get dressed up. However, encourage them to look nice for their husbands and they shout, "NO way!"

Who are these women?  Are they real people, or just characters Lori has made up?  I am a feminist and an atheist, and most days I still touch up my make up before my husband comes home.  What can I say?  After 17 years I still can't wait for him to come home at night.

It seems the harder women try to gain the respect they feel like they deserve, the more respect they lose. Men used to greatly respect women. They would open doors for them, carry heavy things for them, pay for them, protect them, and provide for them. Many men no longer respect women even though the women are highly educated with big-time careers. Why should they respect them as they have taken over their jobs, their place in society, and are no longer needed in many homes? 

Really Lori?  Why should one human being  respect another human being?  How about because that's the decent thing to do??  

Women didn't kiss their husband's @$$ because they were totally dependent on them. They tried to look nice for them and please them because they were thankful for them; thankful they worked hard, took care of them and were there for them. They appreciated their man, unlike today. 

Well, will you look at that!  Puritanical Lori is experimenting with cuss words!  Of course it doesn't count since she used those cool symbols that make the word ASS completely unrecognizable. :my_dodgy:  Doesn't even have the same meaning if you use dollar signs.  It's the way all the Godly Mentors are spelling ASS these days :roll:

If you are married, you are called to be a help meet to your husband. Look pretty for him. Depend upon him for his protection, provision, and his strength to lift heavy things and open jars. It's good to depend upon your husband!

Yes, I know my husband just wouldn't be able to respect me if I could open my own jars.

Here is a comment from another blog post, "In the olden days, people put so much emphasis on pleasing men...because women were totally dependent on them....so they kissed their @$$.

Women didn't kiss their husband's @$$ because they were totally dependent on them. They tried to look nice for them and please them because they were thankful for them; thankful they worked hard, took care of them and were there for them

Today's post is about looking pretty for your husband. At least, I think it is.  Sometimes reading her posts leaves nothing but a bunch of scribbles in my head...like listening to a five-year-old tell me about his day.  The conversations just goes in every imaginable direction. Except with a five-year-old it's really cute.  Lori is a former teacher and "a writer."  My eye is twitching.   

Anyway...GEESH! Must she refer to it in such a crude way? I realize she was quoting someone in the first line, but why repeat it? Why even use that quote?  For someone whose husband forbade her from reading FJ because of the foul language, she sure has a crass edge to her. 

For the record, I'm just an ebil FJ member and I almost always freshen my makeup and fix my hair before my husband gets home.  If I've had on my slouchy clothes for cleaning or whatever, I put on something fresh.  I enjoy looking my best for my husband (and myself) and I enjoy it when he gives me a quick kiss and says "you look pretty," when he comes in the door.  But for those who don't do this, it would never occur to me that they weren't respecting their husbands. It just means they have a different style than I have.  And if my husband ever heard someone refer to me as "kissing his ass," he'd blow a gasket.  

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.   

Ephesians 4:29

There was a comment on one of my posts from a man who was happily married and his wife was a stay-at-home mom, until her parents convinced her to get her Master's degree. She got it and began to make as much money as her husband. She hired a housekeeper and now their marriage is on the rocks with little to no time for intimacy or relationship. 

I guess where this woman went wrong was getting her Master's and getting a job. Had she just gotten a housekeeper and then sat back on her ass while making big salads doused with raw egg, sabotaging her birth control and churning out babies she could flick and slap, she'd still be happily married today.

47 minutes ago, polecat said:

I guess where this woman went wrong was getting her Master's and getting a job. Had she just gotten a housekeeper and then sat back on her ass while making big salads doused with raw egg, sabotaging her birth control and churning out babies she could flick and slap, she'd still be happily married today.

Now, now polecat.  Lori only allows that word if it's spelled @$$. 

You can use biblical references if you have trouble remembering it.   Eg., Mary and Joseph rode an @$$ to Bethlehem where Jesus was born.  Jesus rode an @$$ into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday.

You can also say Lori and Ken are complete @$$holes.  Perfectly acceptable and true!

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Who are these women?  Are they real people, or just characters Lori has made up?  I am a feminist and an atheist, and most days I still touch up my make up before my husband comes home.  What can I say?  After 17 years I still can't wait for him to come home at night.

Really Lori?  Why should one human being  respect another human being?  How about because that's the decent thing to do??  

Well, will you look at that!  Puritanical Lori is experimenting with cuss words!  Of course it doesn't count since she used those cool symbols that make the word ASS completely unrecognizable. :my_dodgy:  Doesn't even have the same meaning if you use dollar signs.  It's the way all the Godly Mentors are spelling ASS these days :roll:

Yes, I know my husband just wouldn't be able to respect me if I could open my own jars.

You entered Lori world, which does not exist in the real world. In Lori world, Lori's beliefs and ideas are facts not opinions and anyone and anything not just like her version of the world does not exist. You cannot disagree with Lori world because in Lori world that means you disagree with god and that means you are either not a real ChristianTM or you are living in sin and will go to hell. Because in Lori world, it is not blasphemy to equate yourself on the same level as god. In Lori world, Lori is NEVER wrong. NEVER.

On 4/19/2016 at 6:23 AM, Koala said:

(quoting Lori) I do teach the Bible also since I am called to teach women to be "good"

She doesn't know her bible very well, then. Jesus himself said, "Why are you calling me 'good'? No man is good..."

If anyone recalls SSM used @$$ all the time too. So yes it's the godly way of cussing even though that really isn't a bad word anymore.

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori said: "...Men used to greatly respect women. They would open doors for them, carry heavy things for them, pay for them, protect them, and provide for them. Many men no longer respect women even though the women are highly educated with big-time careers..."

Interesting. So I have a cop friend and him and I went out to dinner when I was in his town earlier this month. I met him at his HQ, he gave me a tour and then we left my car and he drove us to dinner. He then picked up the tab because I have a big celebration coming up soon and he can't make it to the celebration. He opened the restaurant door for me, let me follow the hostess first, he opened the truck door when we left the restaurant. Him and I have been friends since we were 13 years old (approaching 30 years now-yikes now I feel a little old!). He is a gentleman and I know he does this for his LEO wife too. (His wife would outrank him if at a crime scene, they work for different levels of government, he is local LEO, her government outranks his level of government.) He still protects his wife, even though she can hold her own.

Lori is so aggravating!

I know, I know, I would get quite the tongue lashing from Lori if she knew I went out on a "date", alone with a member of the opposite sex; even though both our spouses knew about it and both said "have fun! and give them my best." But then again I could give a rat's @$$ what Lori thinks of me.

Ken:

She is almost puritanical about what she watches and sees

See?  He said about what she watches and sees.  Not what she says/writes.

So Lori can blog endlessly about sex (even advising men on their sex lives), and say @$$ (as long as as she uses cutesy symbols) and still be the most puritanical Godly Mentor on the block.  :roll:

Lori chooses not to read your trash on this forum. Clean it up and maybe she and others can come visit. You can't throw cussing and profanity on a forum and expect others to jump in the FJ gutter with you.

This is why we can't have nice things.  If we all had the dignity to write $h1te instead of shit, this place wouldn't seem like such a gutter and people would come to visit!

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

Ken:

See?  He said about what she watches and sees.  Not what she says/writes.

So Lori can blog endlessly about sex (even advising men on their sex lives), and say @$$ (as long as as she uses cutesy symbols) as still be the most puritanical Godly Mentor on the block.  :roll:

This is why we can't have nice things.  If we all had the dignity to write $h1te instead of shit, this place wouldn't seem like such a gutter and people would come to visit!

People like Ken! And Cabinetman!

4 hours ago, Koala said:

They are her imaginary friends. 

This feminist will wait for her hubby to open the door for her...why? Because he does it ALL the ti me so I've learned to wait. Hell, even if I'm going out alone, he will open the car door for me when I'm leaving the house!!! I cook, he cleans. My husband used to be junior to me when we both worked at the same company. We never worked "together" but I had the ability to call him out for dumb shit when I got his files. It didn't mean anything other than he screwed up on something. 

I respect my husband GREATLY! He's a 24 year Naval vet, literally fought for his life, survived a surgery that has an over 50% chance of complications, and has thrived. He's an abuse survivor, and is one of the toughest people I know...without being macho. 

Lori wouldn't know what it's like to be married to a man like that, who despite his problems, his medical issues, still WANTS to work and is taking steps to get back into the workforce....it doesn't mean I'll give up my desire to get back in the workforce. It takes a lot of balls to start at essentially ground zero after all he's been through. Ken can't hold a candle to my huband. 

Oh I need the vapors! Smelling salts over here!  Be still my blessed little heart, the US mint is replacing (please sit down, i dont want you to faint) the men with <gulp> WOMEN!!! <fanning myself like scarlet ohara> 

My prediction, tomorrow's blog will be about how women shouldn't be on the money because people with vaginas should never be the leader!!

Taking bets, who is with me?! 

Lori had me convinced I was a miserable failure as a wife and mother, since I do work part-time outside the home. But, my lucky husband still gets to open all the jars and carry the heavy stuff! And I greeted him in short shorts and a camisole top today, which he thinks is hot. Whew! All is well, I suppose. As long as I remember not to floss in his presence, I'm golden.

Women didn't kiss their husband's @$$ because they were totally dependent on them.

Lori: The Evangelical Puritanical Script Kiddie. :pb_lol:

Well she didn't post about the money change today. Maybe tomorrow :) 

Lori (from today's post, my bolding)

...Yes, divorce hurts your grandchildren. I know one young woman who has grandparents who stayed married even though it was a difficult marriage when they were younger. They are now very happy. Family get-togethers are huge and happy! The grandparents are there with their children, grandchildren, and even some great grandchildren. There is a lot of laughter and fun. Her other grandparents got divorced so that side of the family is splintered. There are never any happy times together. So many joyous occasions with all the members of that side of the family are not happening, because her grandmother decided she no longer wanted to be married to her grandfather. ...

Her absolutes is what kills me. They NEVER have happy times. Maybe when grandpa and grandma have to attend something together it is difficult because he or she is an @$$hole (Lori approved spelling). As for family gatherings NEVER having happy times- yeah right. I know many divorced people that are grandparents and they are perfectly adult enough to put differences aside for birthday parties, weddings, funerals, etc.

Lori should try adulating. She acts like a 2 year old. No reasoning with her when she has a fit, just got let her scream it out.

She's been writing an awful lot about divorce recently. I wonder if one of her kids has been having marriage problems or something.

Her absolutes really irk me. 

And this . . . 

If she divorces her difficult husband he is no longer being "sanctified" by her presence. Jesus is no longer living with him since she, a believer indwelt by the Holy Spirit, has left him. The chances for him to be saved become much slimmer. The children are no longer sanctified. They will be at her home some of the time and see Jesus but then whenever they go to his home, they will no longer see Jesus or be influenced by goodness. 

In other words, a woman who disregards all of Lori's other reasons for not divorcing is now being held responsible for the state of her husband's and children's souls. Good grief. She is responsible for everyone's salvation. This is why Lori is the fundie who angers me the most. I've said it before, and this is a good example of it: she is spiritually abusive.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived