IGNORED

Lori Alexander learning less than ever- Part 7

I don't usually read her blog unless something here peaks my interest. I sure some of the ladies comment on her posts. But damn. It's awful to read about women who are miserable and treated worse than a dog asking for help and told to keep quiet and keep praying. What kind of life is that? Does God really want his people to live in misery? To not feel loved? To be yelled at for nothing? To feel like a failure of a wife because your husband expects perfection?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, iheartchacos said:

I don't usually read her blog unless something here peaks my interest. I sure some of the ladies comment on her posts. But damn. It's awful to read about women who are miserable and treated worse than a dog asking for help and told to keep quiet and keep praying. What kind of life is that? Does God really want his people to live in misery? To not feel loved? To be yelled at for nothing? To feel like a failure of a wife because your husband expects perfection?

And told that while they must try their best to be more perfect, it doesn't matter if their husbands aren't perfect, aren't loving, no... it's wrong for a wife to expect perfection from her husband.

Because... why?

On 4/23/2016 at 3:10 PM, Hisey said:

Wow. A commenter wrote in, respectfully pointing out that not all poor people are lazy. She also said that $20 is a lot of money to some (Lori had written about the "entitled" woman who complained about paying $20 to see a chiropractor). 

It's gone now.

Yep. I also commented in agreement with that person, but my comment was never posted.  I told Lori she had no compassion.  So it is the kid's fault if they have a single mom?  They should go hungry?  I also reminded her that children from two parent homes also use the free/reduced lunch program. Some even have a mom at home which is exactly why they need the help. The dad doesn't make enough.  After teaching school and seeing what some kids go through, this post really ticked me off.  

Say that garbage when you have a kindergarten student with a mother who is a known prostitute and has 6 kids by as many baby daddys. Tell the school not to make sure he eats, Witch.

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yep. I also commented in agreement with that person, but my comment was never posted.  I told Lori she had no compassion.  So it is the kid's fault if they have a single mom?  They should go hungry?  I also reminded her that children from two parent homes also use the free/reduced lunch program. Some even have a mom at home which is exactly why they need the help. The dad doesn't make enough.  After teaching school and seeing what some kids go through, this post really ticked me off.  

Say that garbage when you have a kindergarten student with a mother who is a known prostitute and has 6 kids by as many baby daddys. Tell the school not to make sure he eats, Witch.

In Lori's version of the Bible, Jesus tells us not to feed the poor, or educate them, and to not treat their illnesses. That is what Christian compassion looks like to her.

7 hours ago, Florita said:

In Lori's version of the Bible, Jesus tells us not to feed the poor, or educate them, and to not treat their illnesses. That is what Christian compassion looks like to her.

"Verily, I say unto thee, to do so breeds laziness and an unwillingness to pull thyself up by thy own bootstraps.  For thou should have kept thy legs closed if thou could not afford a child."

From today's post:

Expect to not be liked by many if you teach or speak the Truth of God’s Word. They will tell you that you lack grace and humility. They will accuse you of being hateful, ignorant, or your head is in the clouds.

Hi Ken. Please tell Lori that people do not dislike her because of the content of her message, people dislike her because she is cruel and hateful as she delivers the message.  There are many Christian bloggers who teach the same beliefs as Lori, yet they teach it with compassion, love and grace.  Lori responds to her readers like s surly, spoiled middle school girl.  She gives no compassion to those in difficult situations, she deletes comments that show disagreement to her writing and she allows her readers to swarm in and mock others.  Lori has a great knowledge of the scripture, but she does not have any Christ-like qualities. I don't think I have ever encountered anybody who lacks self awareness like your wife (well, and you.) You are a cruel and elitist couple.

In short, it's not the message; it's the delivery. 

And while I have your attention, using the symbols: @$$ does nothing to "clean up" her writing. See, when someone sees those symbols, the word that enters their mind is "ass." Therefore, she is still causing foul language to enter the mind of her readers. The better way to handle such quotes is to change the word and then to put (paraphrased) at either end of the quote.  Her way is still causing others to stumble and still allowing unwholesome talk to come out of her mouth, so to speak.  She is either committed to Christ-like and wholesome writing, or she is not.  You know what they say about being lukewarm.  Unless she is striving to be the female version of Cabinet Man (whom I know you both admire, despite his constant cussing) you might encourage her to stop being so crude with her writing. 

Lori is on the defensive today and pulls out her usual schtick.

I’m not the one who made this verse up. The God of the universe who created us and knows what is best for us is the One who made up this verse! This woman is shooting the messenger but the One who she is really shooting and will have to answer for is the Lord.

25 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Hi Ken. Please tell Lori that people do not dislike her because of the content of her message, people dislike her because she is cruel and hateful as she delivers the message.  There are many Christian bloggers who teach the same beliefs as Lori, yet they teach it with compassion, love and grace. 

Amen! Even when she writes about one of the areas where I actually agree with her, I find her approach hateful rather than loving. She should try reading 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

She is impatient with those who ask genuine questions, and she is unkind to anyone who isn't praising her. She may not envy, but she constantly boasts--even in an area where she herself failed to follow her own suggestions. She is proud of her self-appointed role as Mouthpiece of the God of the Universe. She dishonors others by constantly  dismissing the realities of their lives, she is self-seeking in that she speaks more about giving her message because it is what she is commanded to do (checking off her to-do list from God so she goes to heaven?) than about improving the lives and hearts of the women she addresses, she is easily angered (or at least miffed) when anyone points out a contradiction, and she keeps a constant record of the wrongs of others (especially feminists). While she claims to rejoice with the truth, she delights in the evil she sees in other women. She says nothing to promote protection of anyone other than children of "career women," she never trusts that others have the insight that she lacks, she never expresses hope. The best I can say is that she perseveres and she may not envy. But she has not love in any way that Jesus would recognize.

Oh, I think Lori envies all right.  She envies people with happy marriages, solid friendships, and kids and grandkids who really want their elder's company.  Hell will freeze over before she admits it, of course.

4 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Oh, I think Lori envies all right.  She envies people with happy marriages, solid friendships, and kids and grandkids who really want their elder's company.  Hell will freeze over before she admits it, of course.

I agree that she envies. I was just throwing that one in to be nice. :)

She's prancing on her High Horse of Truth today. Of course, what do I know? I'm sitting in my messy house getting ready to head off to work, leaving my son with a list of household chores to do when he wakes up.

Women can balance and choose. Don’t you dare say it’s ungodly for a woman to work outside her home. You just insulted many teachers, nurses, doctors, nurses, judges, social workers, and reverends! What about all of the children who are being denied having their mothers home full-time with them? Don't they count? Don't they need their mothers more than anyone else? Others can fill the place of all those careers you mentioned such as men {best choice and only choice for reverends}, single women, childless women, and women whose children have all grown up, but no body can take the place of a mother in a child's life.

Lori has used these suggestions before in regards to certain occupation fields and working mothers.  I've said this before, she doesn't understand that without working mothers those fields would suffer due to shortages of employees. There are some childless women that don't desire to have careers in healthcare, education, legal field, or social work. Also, some men don't want to work in those fields either. She's an idiot and continually fails to see that she and her family have benefited from working mothers in various ways.

Boy-oh-boy, her followers sure have their noses really far up her backside. 

Take heart, dear lady.. You are in good company, for such has been the way with the prophets, apostles, and our Lord Jesus Christ. 

I rolled my eyes so far that one fell out and the cat batted it under the breakfront. 

Flow crap.jpg

Step 1: Tell people about it

Lori: 

Expect to not be liked by many if you teach or speak the Truth of God’s Word. They will tell you that you lack grace and humility. They will accuse you of being hateful, ignorant, or your head is in the clouds. Here is the typical feminist response when I write a post about younger women being a keeper at home. This is an actual comment.

Step 2: The listeners begin to think less of my offender

Reader:

Dear Lori, 
I'm so sorry that this lady showed such anger towards you.

Reader:

Praying for you that this unkindness is left in the Lord's Hands and does not stay in your heart. 

Step 3: The join me in speaking negatively about my offender

Reader:

I think a lot of the anger from these women really stems from guilt. I think many of them know that they should be home with their children, but they will find any reason to justify being lured by the material world.

I have succeeded in causing others to sin; creating division in relationships; making myself more upset by rehashing the details over & over; DIRECTLY, KNOWINGLY, AND WILLFULLY Disobeying God's word by reacting according to my flesh rather than submitting to the spirit.  

Thank you, Shirley. I have been receiving comments such as this one since I began blogging over 5 years 

(Tell others was step one, right?)

Lori:

Their goal, Christine, is to try to get anyone who is teaching the glorious news of God's Word off of the Internet. Why do they hate it so much? They know there is a God and they will have to give an answer someday {Romans 1}. They are just trying to fool themselves and pretend that this isn't true.

Lori:

The answer is to be content at home and living within your husband's income. Instead, they want the latest gadgets that keep them treading water. No, the mean comments don't bother me, Michelle. I know they are the ones who are ignorant of the ways of the Lord and need Him. I try to pray for them but I usually forget. It is something I need to be more intentional about.

The mean comments don't bother her!  Of course not.  And she can't remember to pray for her enemies, but she sure remembers to blog about them.  Because Jesus.

See, that's a hateful woman. You know what a real woman of faith would do? Remember to pray for those that need (according to Lori) the ways of the Lord. She is completely one of those women that would love seeing others go to Hell. 

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Honestly, I dunno. Conveniently forgetting (and often actively preach against) the part about "love thy neighbour..." doesn't leave much of Christ's message. In fact Lori sticks to Titus2 and the genocidal and frightening God of OT usually, guess why.

3 minutes ago, Shiny said:

She is completely one of those women that would love seeing others go to Hell. 

THIS!

I told her that this morning, but of course my comment was not published.  I was very nice even telling her I agree that Scripture does talk about a woman's role being in the home, but we live in a fallen world due to sin so God's ideal will is not always possible.  Divorce happenss. Children are born out of wedlock.  Some women are abandoned and not single by choice.  Some have no family support etc.. 

I told her she should be careful  how she comes across because she has no idea of the circumstances of the young women reading her blog.  She should not make balnket assumptions that women work due to gred or they have to work because of debt.

I reminded her that her words could be more hurtful than helpful. We should speak the truth with grace and mercy and not tear others down when we don't know all they are going through.

From Facebook:

Anytime I've been involved in that conversation I bring up Biblical examples of women who took care of their home yet made a huge impact in the world. Debra in the book of Judges was a Prophet and would have maintained a home. She led an entire army into battle (something women still don't do today). Then there's the "Proverbs woman" in Proverbs. Scripture tells us "she conducted business and bought and sold land" totally unheard of in her time. And yet scripture says the Proverbs woman took care of her home and husband. So much so her husband valued her above anything else.

Lori replies:

The Proverbs woman didn't "conduct business and bought and sold land." She sewed sashes at home, probably with her daughters by her side. With the money that she made from these, she bought a field and planted food, probably with her children at her side helping her. All of her life revolved around her home. "She looked well to the ways of her household."

That's a lot of "probably" for someone who sticks to scripture.

Reader:

If the Proverbs woman is sewing items and selling them, that is a business. And for her picking out land and buying it is "buying land". I dont believe ever woman did that in Biblical times. There are still women today who haven't.

She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.

Lori:

It's not a business where she leaves home for hours every day and gives her children to others like most proclaim. It's a way for her to earn a few dollars from home and this is fine as long as it doesn't distract a woman from her husband, children, or home. You wrote that she "bought and sold land." She bought one field and planted on it. This is a huge difference.

That's our Lori- always winning others to Jesus with her kind, humble attitude.

16 minutes ago, Koala said:

You wrote that she "bought and sold land." She bought one field and planted on it. This is a huge difference.

"She bought and sold land. She bought one field. That is a huge difference."

WHAT? One field = land. WHAT DIFFERENCE?!?!?

Lori needs to put down the freaking crack pipe.

But sometimes it is the message. Saturday's message (http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/04/every-child-is-entitled-to-these-two.html) for example. I agree that for a child to have loving parents* is far more important than any government program but the rest of her message is heinous. Deny poor children food, education and health care to teach their parents a lesson? That's just ugly vindictiveness. The Bible teaches us to give and not expect anything in return. 

The woman's heart is not in the right place from the start. I think she is saying exactly what she means and it isn't just a matter of poor word choice. Her lack of compassion and empathy comes across clearly and she really is too ignorant to see it.

*I'm being charitable here, Lori said children only need a mother at home. 

I agree with all of you who have pointed out that Lori does indeed deliver many heinous messages.  She is a hateful woman and has hateful beliefs.

My original comment was specifically in regard to her post today, in which she is whining (again) about people "hating" her for the message of Titus 2 (as she interprets it).  I was only trying to point out that if she would try to deliver her FAVORITE message more gently, it might be better received.  I know none of us has time to list all of her posts in which she shows that most of the time it IS the message.  Hope that makes sense. 

6 hours ago, smittykins said:

"Verily, I say unto thee, to do so breeds laziness and an unwillingness to pull thyself up by thy own bootstraps.  For thou should have kept thy legs closed if thou could not afford a child."

Wait a minute- if being married means that you are always available for your headship, how would this work for married people? There are a lot of working poor families that have both parents working but who are still on reduced lunches, and even free.

Well, nobody said that The Book of Lori had to make sense. :pb_glasses:

I'm going to have to unfollow Lori's thread for a while. She is so mean and so stupid that I feel sad and upset whenever I read about her. It's a hell of a way to go through life, selfish and petty and small inside, so withered and angry.

49 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I agree with all of you who have pointed out that Lori does indeed deliver many heinous messages.  She is a hateful woman and has hateful beliefs.

My original comment was specifically in regard to her post today, in which she is whining (again) about people "hating" her for the message of Titus 2 (as she interprets it).  I was only trying to point out that if she would try to deliver her FAVORITE message more gently, it might be better received.  I know none of us has time to list all of her posts in which she shows that most of the time it IS the message.  Hope that makes sense. 

That does make sense. Thanks for clarifying. :my_smile: 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived