IGNORED

Lori Alexander learning less than ever- Part 7

You know. Lori's such a bitter and miserable woman, I doubt it ever occurred to her that some people who get divorced might actually not hold grudges, be bitter and miserable and hate each other forever.  Instead, they can be individually happy and happy for each other and get along and co-parent much better than they did when they were miserably married.  And, that some children might be much happier without angry and miserable people raising them.  

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Koala said:

I made a mistake- it wasn't Lori who advised that women should cook and clean for their husbands when they're separated- it was actually Ken.  :roll:

Geeze, what if the guy leaves his wife to be with another woman?  That could be a little awkward with the wife showing up to cook and clean.  But, the guy's salvation is on the line so a wife's gotta do what a wife's gotta do.

My paternal grandparents divorced long before I was born. My grandmother and "step"-grandfather lived "in sin" for years...they got married right before my aunt graduated from nursing school in 1960. I knew both "sets" of grandparents. I didn't like my grandpa Charlie and his wife much...my Mamie & PopPop??? Oh my god! THEY were my TRUE grandparents. Them being divorced didn't mean a damn thing to me. Now, finding out my father had been married before he married my mom...and that I had a half-brother blew my mind...I was 16 when I found out and my cousin told me. 

Lori is a dumb bitch...I'm over her shit. 

My maternal grandmother was divorced(she'd dropped out of school to marry at 16), and my mom came from a "fling" Gram had while her husband was stationed overseas at the tail end of WWII. I wonder if the Godly Monster would consider Gram's contracting polio during her pregnancy to be divine punishment.

18 hours ago, Hera said:

You know. Lori's such a bitter and miserable woman, I doubt it ever occurred to her that some people who get divorced might actually not hold grudges, be bitter and miserable and hate each other forever.  Instead, they can be individually happy and happy for each other and get along and co-parent much better than they did when they were miserably married.  And, that some children might be much happier without angry and miserable people raising them.  

I think Lori knows a few divorced people that don't hold grudges and get along with their exes. But, in Lori's fucked up "I'm a godly woman, other people are heathens" mind, she makes herself believe that all divorced people are bitter and hold grduges.

I have an aunt who has similar beliefs, to Lori in regards to marriage and divorce. My aunt has said a few times that people with kids should wait to divorce when their kids become adults. Other times my aunt flip flops and say nobody should be getting divorced. My aunt and Lori could friends up until a certain point. My aunt has no problem with working mothers or women attending college.

@Hera Lori is deeply unhappy, bitter, and hate filled. I think you're right in saying she can't imagine others being happy or fulfilled. We've seen what she thinks about sex, love, passion, etc. It's clear she can't imagine anything other than her own existence. 

Lori's Post today is entitled "Parable of Keepers at Home."

{Parable:

noun

1.a short story that uses familiar events to illustrate a religious or ethical point related adjectives parabolic parabolical

2.any of the stories of this kind told by Jesus Christ}

I'm kind of embarrassed for her. My children could tell us the definition of "parable" in first grade because they learned it as they were taught the PARABLES of Jesus.  It was standard Sunday School material: teach them the definition of the word and then show them examples throughout the Bible.  Parable: I don't think the word means what Lori thinks it means.

As for her Divorce post: as I started reading it I thought "Ya know, I'm going to agree with this one." Then she had to add that asinine story of the little girl chastising her grandmother. NO WAY did that happen. If it happened, that girl has some lousy parents for allowing her to scold, embarrass and make demands of her grandmother. I would not call that a great illustration of her point but a great illustration of raising a snotty little know-it-all.

My parents had a very contentious divorce. Well, actually it was only contentious on one side and, yes, family events that involved my children, especially as my kids grew older, were very uncomfortable for all of us.  I kept the details away from my kids but as they became teenagers, they certainly noticed and would say "why is this grandparent so angry?"  So I agree that divorce impacts a third generation but this is IF the divorced party (one or both) is angry and hateful about it, even years later.  If the divorced party is civil, I'm sure it can work out very well for all involved. 

Of course, Lori is not known to add qualifiers to her little tales. And then there's that silly little story about the small child.  So...nope...I didn't agree with it after all.  Whew! I am not going crazy. 

16 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I'm kind of embarrassed for her. My children could tell us the definition of "parable" in first grade because they learned it as they were taught the PARABLES of Jesus.  It was standard Sunday School material: teach them the definition of the word and then show them examples throughout the Bible.  Parable: I don't think the word means what Lori thinks it means.

I stupidly kept reading the post, wondering when she would get to the parable. I should have known better than to expect one. I'm a little embarrassed for her, too. There isn't a single story in the post, with a lesson or otherwise. It's just a bunch of comments from her Facebook lackeys validating what Lori does. 

that picture is a bit NIKE! those knees! ;)

I'll help out Lori a bit with her parable:

She told about the parable of "keepers at home" saying: "A gardener went out and planted strawberries one day. He dutifully planted them a good distance apart so they were not in conflict with each other, and covered them in netting to protect them from prey. The strawberry plants grew and flourished under the care and love he poured out upon them. They put out runners, some of whom went out from under the netting. When the strawberries fruited, the birds came and stole the fruit from those who didn't live under the netting. The menfolk who wished to eat the berries from those plants were not happy. But the strawberries who were content and joyful living under the netting produced lovely, tasteful and modest fruit, which bought much enjoyment and happiness to the menfolk who loved them."

Women who stay in their rightful place at home, and do not visit often with others will  produce much happier men by having a more fruitful house.

don't mind me, I just planted about 250 strawberry plants today

Golly, she's dumb.**

Staying home in biblical days was one thing. Women in those days didn't really "stay home" as such. I realize that her historical knowledge is pretty limited and we've discussed this ad nauseum. But in those days, women did their work around the house, they went out and did their jobs -- gathered water, gardened, did their marketing, etc. Even the wealthier women were NOT what we would consider a 1950s housewife, or what Lori is talking about. And what Lori is talking about is tough. It's a HARD job. It's isolating. Women today do NOT connect at the marketplace or well. They do not work side-by-side gathering roots and herbs and vegetables. They do not share childcare or eldercare duties, and they do not gather around a fire in the evenings to tell stories, sing and dance. There are no "red tents." In fact, being a SAHM may well be the most isolating job there is.

Lori and her band of harpies mocking women for saying they'd go "stir-crazy or calling it "prison" -- they're a bunch of mean girls. Maybe they have an extensive support network in their families or churches or neighborhoods, but not all women have that. If a woman says she can't or doesn't want to stay home, she doesn't owe an explanation about why not to anyone and certainly not some self-appointed Godly Mentor online. No one questions men's choices about work or home.

** If she wasn't also so mean, I'd feel guilty about it. 

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

As for her Divorce post: as I started reading it I thought "Ya know, I'm going to agree with this one." Then she had to add that asinine story of the little girl chastising her grandmother. NO WAY did that happen.

I'm going to say that something in the ball park could have happened, maybe, but it doesn't mean what Lori thinks it means.

Little kids don't automatically understand extended family relationships, let alone divorce. My granddaughter was maybe seven when she asked me, "Did you used to be married to my grandpa??"

It was obvious this was a completely weird concept to her, and I can relate.  Those 20+ years are hard for me to wrap my mind around from this distance, now that I know how a good marriage works.

I told her it was true, and she said I needed to marry him again, because he was lonely. He had recently broken up with his girlfriend, so she probably was right. I told her that he definitely didn't want to marry me again, and anyway, I was married to someone else now, and that was that. We agreed that it's sad to be lonely.

This is the same kid who a few years before had announced to the checker at the grocery store--"Guess what, my mom is my grandma's daughter!!!"  She evidently thought it was an amazing coincidence that two important people in her life were connected that way.

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

I told her it was true, and she said I needed to marry him again, because he was lonely. He had recently broken up with his girlfriend, so she probably was right. I told her that he definitely didn't want to marry me again, and anyway, I was married to someone else now, and that was that. We agreed that it's sad to be lonely.

Great answer and usually the simplest answer suffices for children. I have answered questions in a similar manner.

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

This is the same kid who a few years before had announced to the checker at the grocery store--"Guess what, my mom is my grandma's daughter!!!"  She evidently thought it was an amazing coincidence that two important people in her life were connected that way.

My youngest (4) is doing this right now. It is so cute that she is understanding that people can have many roles.

Lori replies to a comment on her "parable" post:

I don't share many biblical convictions on my normal Facebook page or share things that can be offensive to my unbelieving friends. {Although, I do share some of my posts but only those that I believe my unbelieving friends will enjoy or on holidays like Christmas and Easter when they are open to hearing the Gospel.} When they are face-to-face with us and can hear the gentle tone of our voice and see the smile and warmth on our faces, they will be much more receptive in hearing the hard things.

Lori has unbelieving friends? Wait...Lori has friends? 

I'm sitting here trying to imagine Lori with a gentle tone of voice or warmth on her face. I can't. I really am trying, and my brain just cannot imagine the possibility. 

11 minutes ago, molecule said:

I'm sitting here trying to imagine Lori with a gentle tone of voice or warmth on her face. I can't. I really am trying, and my brain just cannot imagine the possibility. 

I think what she meant to say was that she doesn't want to deal with the fallout of bullying people face-to-face when it's so much easier and safer to do it from behind a screen.

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I think what she meant to say was that she doesn't want to deal with the fallout of bullying people face-to-face when it's so much easier and safer to do it from behind a screen.

Bingo.

I also bet Ken doesn't want his family/friends/co-workers getting heaping doses of Lori's batshit crazy.  

He's said he doesn't agree with everything she writes on her blog, and when he asked her to change some things, he indicated that she was being "unsubmissive" (which I can only assume means she flatly refused).  

It's time for one of my favorite games ... Logic with Lori. 

Every child should not be entitled to free breakfasts and lunches at school, nor free education, nor free preschool, nor free medical care. No, every single child should be entitled to having the gift of life and having a mother at home full-time. All the things our government thinks children should be entitled to doesn't help them to be better, hard-working adults, but being entitled to being given life and having a mother home full-time will, if she spends her time training, disciplining and loving them.

So food, education and healthcare do NOT help children become healthy, productive adults. Simply having a mother at home -- any mother, even violent mothers who flick and beat their children over spilled RAISANS and lazy mothers who lie to their husbands about birth control to get out of work and who lock their children in their rooms so that they don't have to do too much -- is better than having all those other things, like food and education and medical care? I struggle to believe that.

The reason many children receive free breakfasts and lunches in the school are because they come from a single parent home {usually only having one mother} so they have no father who provides for them.

Or maybe it's because it's been demonstrated that kids learn better when they have fuel in their tummies and that kids from impoverished homes, regardless of the number of parents in those homes, are unlikely to have fuel in their tummies. 

Even offering free medical care sounds great but it has the tendency to cause people to expect everything for free. 

I am pretty sure that's not how that works. That's not how ANY of this works.

Let me just see if I have this straight...

Say I'm in a relationship with a violent, abusive asshole and I decide I don't want our children to grow up thinking that's what a relationship between a man and a woman looks like, so I divorce his ass, and go on to raise my family in a calm, loving, respectful environment.

Twenty years later, I'm supposed to apologise to each grandchild for that?!???!!!!!

:bangheaddesk:

21 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Cute! My cousin's daughter asked him, "Daddy, when you get old will you be my grandpa?" It's so interesting watching them figure all this out.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:32 AM, OnceUponATime said:

that picture is a bit NIKE! those knees! ;)

I'll help out Lori a bit with her parable:

She told about the parable of "keepers at home" saying: "A gardener went out and planted strawberries one day. He dutifully planted them a good distance apart so they were not in conflict with each other, and covered them in netting to protect them from prey. The strawberry plants grew and flourished under the care and love he poured out upon them. They put out runners, some of whom went out from under the netting. When the strawberries fruited, the birds came and stole the fruit from those who didn't live under the netting. The menfolk who wished to eat the berries from those plants were not happy. But the strawberries who were content and joyful living under the netting produced lovely, tasteful and modest fruit, which bought much enjoyment and happiness to the menfolk who loved them."

Women who stay in their rightful place at home, and do not visit often with others will  produce much happier men by having a more fruitful house.

don't mind me, I just planted about 250 strawberry plants today

And...the wimmens won't get any strawberries.

Every child should not be entitled to free breakfasts and lunches at school, nor free education, nor free preschool, nor free medical care. No, every single child should be entitled to having the gift of life and having a mother at home full-time. 

Because only in Lori's world is a child entitled to a lazy, bitter, leather strap wielding mother, but not food, healthcare, or education.

What kind of human garbage sincerely argues against providing food, education and health care to poor kids to punish them for what she believes to be their parents' poor decisions?  Christian, my ass. 

Every child should not be entitled to free breakfasts and lunches at school, nor free education, nor free preschool, nor free medical care. No, every single child should be entitled to having the gift of life and having a mother at home full-time. 

But...but how are the parents going to pay for the breakfasts and lunches and education and medical care for multiple children they had without their 'ducks in a row' and only one parent working? Not everyone has Ken (AKA: the human ATM) as a husband or father.

12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

But...but how are the parents going to pay for the breakfasts and lunches and education and medical care for multiple children they had without their 'ducks in a row' and only one parent working? Not everyone has Ken (AKA: the human ATM) as a husband or father.

Silly! Those people should just stop choosing to be poor. They're only doing it for the free stuff.

(/sarcasm)

27 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Work harder! If everyone worked hard like Lori does, there'd be no problems. Some days she makes Big Salads and roasts a chicken! 

2 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Cute! My cousin's daughter asked him, "Daddy, when you get old will you be my grandpa?" It's so interesting watching them figure all this out.

It is fun to watch them figure out the world. When my daughter was about four, she'd just gone to several birthday parties. At the same time, I mentioned that our car was about ten years old. She looked astonished and said, "You mean cars have different olds?" Heh. She didn't realize that cars had ages, just like people.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived