IGNORED

Lori Alexander learning less than ever- Part 7

Can't believe I overlooked this little gem earlier ...  Methinks Lori & Jill Rodrigues have a similar concept of truth-telling, exaggerating, and dramatic scenes.

Because, Not One Person has ever disliked Lori's magic salad dressing.  Never.
=========
"This dressing has been in my home for years.  We never get tired of it.  I have never had even ONE person who didn't like it! Some people tell me they want to drink it!

I use organic eggs from Trader Joes for the raw egg yolks. I have been using them for years and no one has ever gotten sick. Salmonella is on the shell so make sure you wash the shell thoroughly before cracking the egg open. You can omit them but it isn't as creamy.  Besides, I think raw egg yolks are good for you! 

To make this into a dip, mix with 1/2 hummus and 1/2 dressing.  YUM!

In a blender or Cuisinart put:

1 egg yolk

2 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

2 garlic cloves

1 teaspoon sugar or a tiny squirt of Stevia

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

Mix well and slowly add 1 1/2 cups of olive oil...not extra virgin olive oil or it is too strong, just regular olive oil.  I usually add 1/2 cup extra virgin and 1 cup regular olive oil because I know extra virgin is better for you.  Store in a glass jar in the frig for up to 3 weeks.  Enjoy!

========
I used to make homemade salad dressings all the time.  Some people liked them, others didn't.

And I went for an early dinner tonight .... and happened to order a  Big Salad.  (A chicken cobb salad, if you must know.)  I only ate about 4-5 bites before I lost my appetite.  Because stupid Lori-ness kept playing in my head.  I should have skipped the "nutritious food" and just ordered a burger and fries instead.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's so rude that it probably hasn't occurred to her that a polite guest wouldn't tell her if they didn't like it.  Here in the south, you smile and ask for the recipe whether it tastes like shit or not.  Because manners, and if someone went to the trouble of cooking for you, you want to let them know their efforts are appreciated.

**Side note** I wouldn't trust anything made in Lori's kitchen.

Sounds like Lori is getting more extreme. She used to at least grudgingly allow for wives without children to work, but look what she says to this reader:

By the way, I would like to know your thought about SAHWNK (stay-at-home-wife-no-kids).. What does the Bible says about this..?? I'm clueless.

Did you catch her question?  What does the Bible say about this?

Lori:

What's interesting is that before the feminist revolution once women got married they were fired from their jobs. Everyone knew a married woman's place was in the home. She can get involved in her church, help out the needy, fix meals for the sick, etc. There are so many things a childless woman can do to use her time to serve others but she should always make sure she is serving her husband first.

See what she did there?  Doesn't really matter to Lori what the Bible says- she's much more interested in giving this woman her opinion.  

I guess Lori probably does long for the days when women were fired once they got married.  It would have saved her from having to destroy her birth control to get her way.

41 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Can't believe I overlooked this little gem earlier ...  Methinks Lori & Jill Rodrigues have a similar concept of truth-telling, exaggerating, and dramatic scenes.

Because, Not One Person has ever disliked Lori's magic salad dressing.  Never.
=========
"This dressing has been in my home for years.  We never get tired of it.  I have never had even ONE person who didn't like it! Some people tell me they want to drink it!

I use organic eggs from Trader Joes for the raw egg yolks. I have been using them for years and no one has ever gotten sick. Salmonella is on the shell so make sure you wash the shell thoroughly before cracking the egg open. You can omit them but it isn't as creamy.  Besides, I think raw egg yolks are good for you! 

1 egg yolk

2 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

2 garlic cloves

Mix well and slowly add 1 1/2 cups of olive oil...not extra virgin olive oil or it is too strong, just regular olive oil.  I usually add 1/2 cup extra virgin and 1 cup regular olive oil because I know extra virgin is better for you.  Store in a glass jar in the frig for up to 3 weeks.  Enjoy!

========

She doesn't even know what tastes good. If she doesn't like olive oil flavour (and with olive oil I mean extra vitrgin because the others are made in a way that completely alters the taste) why use it? There are so many oils, choose one with a blander taste and go for it instead of mixing good extra virgin olive oil with crap. This is nearly the only cooking, pardon scratch that, fixing she does and she manages to half ass it too. I wouldn't care if she didn't make such a fuss about the importance of homemaking and how good and godly example of a homemaker she is. And how wrong and sinful are all working women that do homemaking wrong but that actually cook and probably a lot better than her, not that's difficult. 

This feminist could out-cook that bitch any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Homemade bread, tortillas, wonderful vegan dishes cooked in my crock pot, fish, homemade pizza (including the crust and sauce), and all that stuff. Fuck her and her bullshit. 

24 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

This feminist could out-cook that bitch any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Homemade bread, tortillas, wonderful vegan dishes cooked in my crock pot, fish, homemade pizza (including the crust and sauce), and all that stuff. Fuck her and her bullshit. 

Preach it! Every time I look at the FJ food threads, I end up thinking that us ebil heathen FJers are winning this one. We've got veggies, spice and skill on our side. :pb_lol:

9 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

1 egg yolk

2 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

2 garlic cloves

Mix well and slowly add 1 1/2 cups of olive oil...not extra virgin olive oil or it is too strong, just regular olive oil.  I usually add 1/2 cup extra virgin and 1 cup regular olive oil because I know extra virgin is better for you.  Store in a glass jar in the frig for up to 3 weeks. 

I'm not sure about the wisdom of storing anything made with raw egg yolks for three weeks. Days, maybe. But weeks? 

Lori's "parasites" are starting to sound a lot more like plain old food poisoning to me.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Salmonella is on the shell so make sure you wash the shell thoroughly before cracking the egg open. You can omit them but it isn't as creamy.  Besides, I think raw egg yolks are good for you! 

Oh Lori, Lori.  You are, not unsurprisingly, completely wrong. Salmonella is found on the outside AND the inside of eggs.   In fact, yolks have the highest concentration of salmonella.  Washing does not help.  Cooking thoroughly does.  Using pasteurized eggs helps too.  There is absolutely no data to support the assertion that eating raw yolks is good for you.  In fact, it can be very bad for you.

But, I know, science.  Way over her head.

3 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:
4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Preach it! Every time I look at the FJ food threads, I end up thinking that us ebil heathen FJers are winning this one. We've got veggies, spice and skill on our side. :pb_lol:

I've mentioned before somewhere on FJ that I don't like to cook. I cook to live not live to cook.

I am pretty sure I can cook and bake circles around Lori. I am a good cook, I just don't like to do it.

With her raw eggs in the dressing and salads as meals many days- she sounds like she wants to be on a raw diet but I am betting the headmaster said, not a chance. Just guessing.

Debi also tells a story of a man who was a "dope-head criminal who made his living dealing heroin." When he was locked away, his wife divorced him and  married another man in her church who had divorced his wife, since he was unhappily married. Everyone thought that this was just great. Debi disagreed. What if this young wife visited her husband in prison and shared the Gospel with him and even took her children to see their daddy. "Who knows how many men in that prison would have heard the old, old story of how a Savior came from glory just to save them from their sins, all because one little lady was willing to live her life for Jesus by honoring and reverencing the man who was her husband?"* Think of what an example she would have set to all those around her, especially her children, of God's unfailing and unconditional love for us. She would have had an eternal vision for her husband's soul, instead of the shortsightedness she had in divorcing him for her own "happiness," as if this is what our short lives here on earth is about. 

Only Debi Pearl and Lori Alexander could take a "dope-head criminal who makes his living dealing heroin"  and make him sound like a victim because his wife refused stay and abide by his shenanigans.  

How is it even Biblical to put the weight of this man's salvation on this "little lady's" shoulders?  How is it Biblical to put the weight of a bunch of prisoners' salvation on her shoulders?  

Further, it makes me sick that Lori makes happiness (or as she puts it "happiness") sound like a sin.

Perhaps she wasn't thinking about her happiness at all.  Perhaps she was thinking about:

-One of her young children accidentally ingesting drugs

-CPS removing her children 

- One of his drug dealer buddies harming her children

-Her husband getting high and hurting one of the children

-Setting the example for her children that you can sell drugs and still have a happy, submissive wife who enables you, and your children living in your home

But nope.  She was just a selfish wench who mistreated her poor heroin dealing husband.

Lori:

My favorite story in the entire book is in this chapter. It is about the young, pretty woman married to a stinky, mean man who never treated her kindly until he, without notice, brought home his co-workers for breakfast and she treated him as a king. She was a crown to her husband and eventually won him to the Lord by her obedience to him.

Of course that's Lori's favorite story.  The woman suffers and the man is treated like royalty.   What's not to love?  

Also, Lori writes like a 5 year old. "stinky, mean man"?  Really?

3 hours ago, docmom said:

Oh Lori, Lori.  You are, not unsurprisingly, completely wrong. Salmonella is found on the outside AND the inside of eggs.   In fact, yolks have the highest concentration of salmonella.  Washing does not help.  Cooking thoroughly does.  Using pasteurized eggs helps too.  There is absolutely no data to support the assertion that eating raw yolks is good for you.  In fact, it can be very bad for you.

But, I know, science.  Way over her head.

Silly. Did you not read correctly? They are ORGANIC eggs. From TRADER JOES. So they have to be OK. The only eggs with salmonella are regular eggs from Walmart

If happiness isn't whats all about--then why didn't Lori just stay an unsubmissive, nagging, miserable shrew. Why better your marriage? Why tell other women to do all these things to make their husband's happy? Happiness means so little in this short life.

She should try giving up her luxury lifestyle and supposed happy marriage then, if happiness means so little.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

If happiness isn't whats all about--then why didn't Lori just stay an unsubmissive, nagging, miserable shrew. Why better your marriage? Why tell other women to do all these things to make their husband's happy? Happiness means so little in this short life.

She should try giving up her luxury lifestyle and supposed happy marriage then, if happiness means so little.

I imagine she actually meant women's happiness means so little.  And I imagine by women she meant any woman that is not her.

She is so self serving:

Another problem with many of the famous female Bible teachers is that their teachings aren't geared to just women, so men come to their conferences as well.

Of course she's the exception:

Any man who comes to my blog knows full well that it is geared to women since I mostly write to encourage women in their roles. I do teach the Bible also since I am called to teach women to be "good"

I guess we should just ignore all of the times she advises men in the comments.  Hell, she was giving one man advice about his sex life just last week, even going to far as to tell him word for word what to say to his wife.

I know some men read my blog. 

They read her blog, but she would never allow them to attend her conference.  That wouldn't be godly. :roll:

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

She is so self serving:

Of course she's the exception:

I guess we should just ignore all of the times she advises men in the comments.  Hell, she was giving one man advice about his sex life just last week, even going to far as to tell him word for word what to say to his wife.

They read her blog, but she would never allow them to attend her conference.  That wouldn't be godly. :roll:

It seems I start most of my comments about Lori with "It really irks me when..." but it really irks me when she gives advice to men in her blog. When a woman asks anything about her husband's behavior, when a commenter says something about "what about the man's role in this?" Lori's response is always "I teach women.  I can only advise women how to act."  Yet when a man comments and asks a question, well she just happens to have an answer for him.  If she was truly a teacher of women and truly believed she should not be teaching men, she'd respond with "It would be inappropriate for me to give you advice in this. Please search out a men's blog or email my husband."  This response should ESPECIALLY be given when a man asks her for advice on his sex life. 

I don't keep track of Lori's reader numbers but it seems her only true followers are those who already believe the way she believes. I think there are many young women who started reading her blog - even young women who are SAHMs - yet they see that each post is about the same thing every day and so they move on to bloggers who teach about the WHOLE Bible.  I understand if Lori finds Titus to be an important book from which to teach, but she, with her writing, completely ignores the rest of the Bible. What about the Sermon on the Mount? The Fruit of the Spirit? The Miracles of Jesus? These all have so much to teach us  - things we can apply to our daily walk.  It's like she thinks if a scripture does not contain the word "woman" or "wife," it does not apply to her.  She also seems to think that teaching other parts of the Bible somehow negates her pet passage in Titus.  She seems desperately afraid that women will find comfort in the whole of the Bible, somehow making her "calling" invalid. 

Lori (who repeatedly admonishes women not to spend too much time on the internet) has created an Instagram account specifically for her blog.

So now she has:

Personal Facebook

Always Learning Facebook

Super Not So Secret Chat Room on Facebook

Pinterest 

Personal Instagram

Blog Instagram

Blog (Always Learning)

Twitter

Numerous hours spent arguing with other people on their blogs

Lord knows how many email accounts

Do as I say.jpg

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

It seems I start most of my comments about Lori with "It really irks me when..."

Same here. And it's almost every single post of hers that gets this response from me.

If she really believed what she says about teaching men, she wouldn't have approached the dad in the park to tell him he can spank his children.

When searching for good female Bible teachers, make sure they aren't leaving out what God has commanded them to teach and that they are in submission to their husband and he is over their ministry.

In other words, don't listen to anybody who doesn't spend most of her time talking about what Lori talks about, despite the fact that being a woman of God is about many things, not just about marriage.

I really believe she is jealous.   Women like Shelia Geogoire are well received.  They get lots of positive feedback on their blogs, they write books, and are asked to speak at conferences. Lori get's none of that.  She spews her venom every morning and then spends the rest of the day deleting comments from people who contradict her and prove her wrong.  

She is hyper focused on just a few verses, because they allow her to control other women, and degrade them if they don't allow her that control.  

She's a Godly Mentor, God commanded her to teach women to be "good", she speaks for the God of the Universe.  All of these things add credibility to the idea that other women should do what she says!  Even when she advises men, it generally centers around:

1) Mean things she wants them to say to their wives

2) Telling them to take control/enforce wife discipline

3) Telling them to spank 

The main themes are control/making others miserable.  I think she gets a bit of satisfaction every time a woman agrees to endure abuse because Lori says so.  I think she gets a bit of satisfaction when she can influence a man to treat his wife poorly.  I think she gets a  bit of satisfaction every time someone (anyone) endures pain (after all- pain is a great teacher :angry-cussingblack: ) because of her encouragement (anything from spanking, to having people try to juice their cancer away).

Lori is safe.  She can sit home all day and do nothing but control others from the comfort of her computer chair.  She has money, so she doesn't have to struggle like she encourages her readers to do.  She has a husband who is probably more than content to leave her the hell alone (I've got a feeling Kenny doesn't want to rock the boat and have Lori refocus her control on him).  She's too old to have to produce the quiver full of children she insists other women should have.   She gets the medical treatment she needs (while encouraging her readers to try DIY cancer treatments).  It's perfect for her really.  In an absolutely vile, disgusting sort of way.  She's the boss- everyone else suffers.

23 hours ago, Koala said:

Debi also tells a story of a man who was a "dope-head criminal who made his living dealing heroin." 

I'm betting neither Debi nor Lori have ever met much less lived with an actual "dope-head criminal dealing heroin".  I have taken care of many and I can honestly say, while they are actively using, no amount of submissive "little woman" behavior is going to have any effect on them whatsoever.  In fact, that type of behavior is enabling.  The only way an addict can overcome his or her addiction is for them to recognize that they have a problem and decide that they need to do something about it.  Sometimes that takes tough love- letting them hit rock bottom- walking out and taking the kids.  It does not involve telling them that as they are blessed with a penis everything they do or say is to be respected and followed.

Lori:

I'm just not sure God ever intended female Bible teachers to be rich and famous, plus leave their homes to "preach" the Gospel. There are no examples of this in His Word. They are called to minister to others from their homes.

I'm pretty sure there are no examples of women ministering to others via their blog either, but that doesn't stop The Godly Mentor.  If I had to guess, the women from Biblical times reached out to people in their communities.  After all. if all of the women were in their own homes, how would they learn from each other? :roll:

I'm also pretty sure that Lori shouldn't presume to know what what God intended.  

Lori:

The Lord has kept me humble through my health problems, plus when I began this blog over 5 years ago, I had decided that I never wanted to make money for myself through it and be beholden to anyone else for what I teach. There is such freedom in this! I am very blessed that the Lord has given me this ministry which I love and commanded by Him to do.

:roll: Oh please....like I said above, Lori is jealous of other "rich and famous" female Bible teachers, so she's decided that God didn't intend for them to exist.

43 minutes ago, Koala said:

:roll: Oh please....like I said above, Lori is jealous of other "rich and famous" female Bible teachers, so she's decided that God didn't intend for them to exist.

Yes, today's post sounds like sour grapes. I thought of Sheila at To Love, Honor and Vacuum as I was reading Lori's whiny drivel. Sheila has young readers, book deals and speaking engagements. Sheila has this success because her writing is good, she's entertaining and engaging. Lori comes across as a crotchety old biddy wagging her finger in everyone's face. Lori is jealous so she claims to be a God approved blogger. It's pathetic.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I really believe she is jealous.   Women like Shelia Geogoire are well received.  They get lots of positive feedback on their blogs, they write books, and are asked to speak at conferences. Lori get's none of that.  

I agree. Sadly, she thinks there is only one way to do everything--including marriage ministry. I know some women who agree whole-heartedly in biblical submission but barely mention it on their blogs or in their talks. They know it is a distraction for women who are struggling with some other issue, and you can't be everything to everyone. We all work with our own strengths and gifts, and the fact that someone else has a gift for being approachable to a wide variety of women shouldn't take anything away from Lori.

And the whole bit at the end  . . .

When searching for good female Bible teachers, make sure they aren't leaving out what God has commanded them to teach and that they are in submission to their husband and he is over their ministry.

Um, shouldn't God be over their ministry?

22 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Well, she didn't give it up entirely.  She just changed her focus toward other women.  I'm relatively new to Jill Rodrigues and Lori and learned about them around the same time.  Jill seems like a pathological attention-seeker, but I do think she kind of means will in her own bizarre Jill way.  She at least thinks she's doing the right or good thing, even when it's painfully obvious to anyone paying attention that it's the worst thing ever.   Lori genuinely seems like a vile human being who gets off on making people unhappy and telling them they're going to hell. She likes inflicting misery.  It may be the only thing that brings her joy.  I've known "good Christian ladies" like her and they're universally reviled.  

This one is interesting:

Hi Lori, I don't expect you to post this, unless you think it is helpful. I would like you to hear my story and perhaps you could give me some prayerful feedback. I have thought on seeking your counsel for awhile, and this post has sent me over the edge :)
For over 18 years, my husband and I have been in ministry, that I felt a call to as young as 15. Also, I have always been called to be a wife and mother and God has blessed me with a wonderful man for 19 years and 5 beautiful children, whom I home cook and home-make for everyday. 
Anyways, back to the ministry. In this ministry, we must BOTH be ordained and toiling side-by-side. We are Appointed all over the Western U.S. to particular ministries, in the beginning it was Churches with Social Services and I had plenty of women and children to minister too. This appointment, our 7th, and the previous appointment has been at a Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center. ALL MEN. Part of my responsibility, under my husband's leadership (which he's not too firm on) is to PREACH to 75 Men 3-4 times a month. I still don't "like" doing it, but I am in the position where I have too and have been for many years. My husband and the organization require this of me. I cannot quit- we own nothing and worst of all, my husband, who thrives in this ministry would also have to step down. We will be left homeless, car less, without pension, without insurance, etc. The organization owns everything. So, I have felt between a rock and a hard place for a very long time and have been begging God for relief from my conscience. Am I over-analyzing and not trusting? Why, in such an egalitarian organization, egalitarian seminary, egalitarian conferences, etc. do I still FEEL like a closet complmentarian??? I speak to other women in my organization and most are bra-burners, but there are many older ones who admonish me to take care of my family, but on the down-low so no one will hear. I KNOW that I am representing one thing while believing and patterning much of my life like another. I continue in all of this because I understand it as submission to my husband that God has joined together. What would you say to this? Is there a solution I have not thought of? Please pray for us.

Lori replies:

This sounds like a cult to me, Rachel. Biblically, women are not supposed to be ordained nor teach to men. Why can't your husband preach to the men? "The organization owns everything." My advice to you is to get out. I'm can't be sure you are serious about what you are telling me but I have never heard of anything like this before and it sounds terrible. I sure wouldn't want any part of an organization such as this one. Pray your husband's eyes are opened to the lies of this organization and that he will want to get all of you out.

IDK, but the lady sounds genuine enough to me.  Lori couldn't resist taking a jab at her though- no compassion at all, just "you're probably lying". Nice. 

As a side note- What business does Lori have telling her to get out?  According to the gospel of Lori, that her husband's decision, not The Godly Mentor's.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived