IGNORED

Lori Alexander learning less than ever- Part 7

At least one of Lori's sisters as chosen to be an evil working woman instead of a Godly Older Mouthpiece for The God of the Universe.  Bet that makes for some awkward moments at family get togethers.  

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Koala said:

At least one of Lori's sisters as chosen to be an evil working woman instead of a Godly Older Mouthpiece for The God of the Universe.  Bet that makes for some awkward moments at family get togethers.  

And doesn't she have one, or maybe two, aunt(s) who disagree(s) completely with her? 

Just now, kpmom said:

And doesn't she have one, or maybe two, aunt(s) who disagree(s) completely with her? 

That would be Aunt Ginny, or is it Genny? I haven't seen her comments in awhile, I wonder if Lori just stopped publishing them. 

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

That would be Aunt Ginny, or is it Genny? I haven't seen her comments in awhile, I wonder if Lori just stopped publishing them. 

So much for honoring older women who are sharing their wisdom with you, Lori. :eyeroll:

Lori Alexander is a fuxking monster who cannot be reasoned with.

This comment probably won't last long:

Although I fundamentally agree with much of your teaching, Lori, I find myself often becoming distracted by the delivery of the messages. You have such an effective way of selecting your topics. However, it's all about grace-think of the multitude you could reach by stating your truths in a slightly softer way! What an impact you could have on women of all ages! Don't cast stones-cast a net, as our Lord did. He met people where they were and showed them his wisdom and grace. What a wonderful teacher and example-compassionate and understanding!

From Lori's blog:

Spoiler

There is a lot of work to be done in the home: cooking, cleaning, teaching and disciplining children, shopping, gardening, creating, exercising, being a help meet to their husband, sewing, reading, studying, and any number of projects they have in the home. A godly wife in the home raising children should never be lazy, but do her work cheerfully as unto the Lord.

So tell us again, Lori, how your garden is growing these days? And how you were not lazy, but doing your work "cheerfully as unto the Lord" when you had a housekeeper and a Nanny? :roll:

Hateful bitch.

Lori has replied:

He didn't always just "cast a net." He told the the woman at the well that she had 5 husbands and the one she had now was not her husband. Then He told her to "Go and sin no more." Teaching Truth isn't soft. It's hard. It was Debi Pearl and her delivery of the message that convicted and challenged me to change. I love these kind of teachers, probably because I am the same. There are all types of teachers for all types of people. We all have different preferences and I prefer to teach the way I teach since it's the kind that I like!

The woman at the well story has a great deal of nuance to it that we just don't know, and that wasn't necessarily a harsh statement from Jesus. It is not a good example of what Lori is trying to say.

You know, it's fine that she teaches in the way that she likes. I'm sure what she does is a natural fit for her personality (that is not a compliment). However, it isn't okay to choose your way of doing something, knowing that it is harsh--and then complain when someone complains that you're harsh.

Anyone familiar with Lori's new leg humper girlwithadragonflytattoo?

I had tried to help correct a woman who had devoted her entire blog for months to mocking and insulting every post I did by showing her that what she was doing was evil and harmful to her own spiritual growth, only to have her become even more obsessive with me and angry, and then systematically try to destroy my reputation everywhere else I'd go or comment at. She follows me wherever I comment, and burns with hatred in her heart and writes at her own blog bitter posts about me... it's actually really sad. I've seen that other women who write godly blogs go through the exact same pattern, with people developing a diabolical obsession with them, and then setting up blogs (or making their old blog) in order to focus on mocking, insulting, and tearing them down like it's their mission in life (and it really does look like a mission). I've seen it happen to Lori, and 3 other women all godly and in their 40's... seeing that helped me to realize that it's normal and to be expected, as well as that I completely handled it wrongly (trying to correct them instead of just ignoring them and forgetting they exist). 

Her web site: https://girlwithadragonflytattoo.com/

I couldn't find anything on FJ about her. Maybe she's been discussed under a different name?

My quick assessment of her blog - most posts TL/DR for me. Not fundie. I'd rather read her troll's blog. 

1 minute ago, Florita said:

Although I disagree with her, she is not mean like Lori is. 

Daughters still need an education so they can read, do math, and develop their intellect; then they can raise godly, wise, and intelligent children.

And of course, the only reason to educate girls is so they can grow up and produce someone with a penis. :roll:

12 minutes ago, molecule said:

Lori has replied:

The woman at the well story has a great deal of nuance to it that we just don't know, and that wasn't necessarily a harsh statement from Jesus. It is not a good example of what Lori is trying to say.

You know, it's fine that she teaches in the way that she likes. I'm sure what she does is a natural fit for her personality (that is not a compliment). However, it isn't okay to choose your way of doing something, knowing that it is harsh--and then complain when someone complains that you're harsh.

Jesus told the adulteress about to be stoned to "go and sin no more." He told the woman at the well that He is the Messiah. 

I agree that it is the wrong example.

How do these godly women always claim to KNOW someone's heart? I thought that was for only God to know. Its so amusing how if you don't like them or disagree with them or mock them, then you are evil. Maybe if so many people are mocking you maybe there is something to it. Maybe some feel convicted to expose their errors and inconsistency in the same way they love to expose feminists or ungodly heathens. 

Lori just said that if she feels like she has to argue with a comment, she wont post it. In other words, if she has to think or defend her beliefs---she can't and just leaves it alone! That was quite telling. 

Koala did a great job pointing out that flow chart on being offended. Lori and this dragonfly are doing exactly that---go tell someone you are or were offended! They have to tell these tales of woe though to cement themselves as poor victimized godly women. 

"Instead, they want the latest gadgets that keep them treading water. No, the mean comments don't bother me, Michelle. I know they are the ones who are ignorant of the ways of the Lord and need Him. I try to pray for them but I usually forget. It is something I need to be more intentional about."

This is so funny! Gadgets, Lori? You mean like scrub daddy and all those other items in your "favorite things" post? And forgets to pray for them! WOW! Too busy thinking of herself and her next blog post. 

Lori:

"He didn't always just "cast a net." He told the the woman at the well that she had 5 husbands and the one she had now was not her husband. Then He told her to "Go and sin no more." Teaching Truth isn't soft. It's hard. It was Debi Pearl and her delivery of the message that convicted and challenged me to change. I love these kind of teachers, probably because I am the same. There are all types of teachers for all types of people. We all have different preferences and I prefer to teach the way I teach since it's the kind that I like!"

So maybe, just MAYBE her mockers, all us evil ones take the same approach! We tell truth HARD. Ugly truths they don't like to hear. It hits so close to home they can't even publish it. 

Or really what Lori is saying, thats nice and all but I prefer to just be a bitch. 

30 minutes ago, Florita said:

Jesus told the adulteress about to be stoned to "go and sin no more." He told the woman at the well that He is the Messiah. 

I agree that it is the wrong example.

Ha. Good catch. His point with the woman at the well wasn't to chastise her but to show that he knew her and that he was the messiah. If Lori really wants to go with the "go and sin no more" example, she can spend some time thinking about the fact that everyone else had left because they, too, had sin--and Jesus didn't condemn her, either. 

2 hours ago, Florita said:

Her web site: https://girlwithadragonflytattoo.com/

I couldn't find anything on FJ about her. Maybe she's been discussed under a different name?

My quick assessment of her blog - most posts TL/DR for me. Not fundie. I'd rather read her troll's blog. 

She's a manosphere leghumper - a Red Pillian along the lines of Sunshine Mary and Elspeth.

Looked in briefly at the girlwithadragonflytattoo blog.  The latest (25 April) post is "Her husband can safely trust in her", and my favorite part is where she talks about working women having "regular breakdowns":

I remember reading about a year ago that American working mothers had regular emotional meltdowns because they couldn’t deal with the constant pressure of juggling raising small children and having a career.  Regular meltdowns!  It broke my heart to see that the majority of American working women are struggling to that degree to maintain some sort of work-life mental health balance!

First, how about this thing called a source?  Second, maybe there wouldn't be so much "constant pressure" and "juggling" if men pitched in a little more.

However, she does have some advice which Lori could use:

This also means that we fiercely guard his reputation, never running him down or talking bad about our husband, or giving anyone reason to question his character.

Lori:

I know they are the ones who are ignorant of the ways of the Lord and need Him. I try to pray for them but I usually forget.

Lori:

The preachers of old and the apostle Paul sure didn't try to make their words palatable, compassionate, and understanding

Lori:

Thank you so much, Casey. I realize some women are much "sweeter" than me but it isn't my personality.

Lori:

I do want to always be kind but "sweet" just is not me.

You know- I appreciate the fact that Lori is being honest here.

She's not a nice person, and compassion and understanding aren't character traits she's aspiring to.  

She just wants to tear women down- to blog about what she perceives as their faults.  She isn't, however, wasting much time praying for them.  Who has time to pray when you have the be a Godly Mentor to the Internet??

Reader:

Although I fundamentally agree with much of your teaching, Lori, I find myself often becoming distracted by the delivery of the messages. You have such an effective way of selecting your topics. However, it's all about grace-think of the multitude you could reach by stating your truths in a slightly softer way! What an impact you could have on women of all ages! Don't cast stones-cast a net, as our Lord did. He met people where they were and showed them his wisdom and grace. What a wonderful teacher and example-compassionate and understanding!

Lori:

He didn't always just "cast a net." He told the the woman at the well that she had 5 husbands and the one she had now was not her husband. Then He told her to "Go and sin no more." Teaching Truth isn't soft. It's hard. It was Debi Pearl and her delivery of the message that convicted and challenged me to change. I love these kind of teachers, probably because I am the same. There are all types of teachers for all types of people. We all have different preferences and I prefer to teach the way I teach since it's the kind that I like!

It's worth noting that a mere hour before she argued that grace just isn't godly, she said the following:

I know the Lord doesn't want us to argue.

So she knows the Lord doesn't want her to argue, but what the heck?  

Lori:

Do you appreciate being rebuked? Do you like it when someone instructs you? Are you teachable? Read these verses carefully. "Rebuke a wise man and he will love thee." Do you love the person who rebukes you? "Give instruction to wise man and he will be yet wiser." Do you take instruction easily so you will become wiser? "Teach a just man and he will increase in learning." Is it your goal to become a wise person and learn more? If so, take these verses from Proverbs 9 to heart and obey them! Thank those who rebuke, instruct and teach you!

Hmmm :pb_confused: Can't say that I've ever seen Lori thank someone for rebuking her.  She just argues for her right to mean to her readers.

59 minutes ago, desertvixen said:

Looked in briefly at the girlwithadragonflytattoo blog.  The latest (25 April) post is "Her husband can safely trust in her", and my favorite part is where she talks about working women having "regular breakdowns":

First, how about this thing called a source?  Second, maybe there wouldn't be so much "constant pressure" and "juggling" if men pitched in a little more.

However, she does have some advice which Lori could use:

https://girlwithadragonflytattoo.com/2015/06/16/girl-with-a-dragonfly-tattoos-summer-beauty-guide/

This will not meet Lori's modesty standards. Alas, this love affair has no future.

18 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

There are a lot of working poor families that have both parents working but who are still on reduced lunches, and even free.

Yes, some of those families have the mom at home , but the dad does not make much, so they need help.  Lori seems to think most of the kids in public school have single mothers. So what if that were true?   So what if mom is a drug addict prostitute like one of my students years ago?  We don't feed the kid?

10 hours ago, desertvixen said:

I remember reading about a year ago that American working mothers had regular emotional meltdowns because they couldn’t deal with the constant pressure of juggling raising small children and having a career.  Regular meltdowns!  It broke my heart to see that the majority of American working women are struggling to that degree to maintain some sort of work-life mental health balance!

I think Lori and her ilk attended the "Ken Alexander School of Statistics" and majored in "Pulling "scientific" studies out of your @$$" 

As working mothers make up a large segment of the American work-force I think we'd know pretty quickly if we were all having regular emotional meltdowns.  And talking of that how about all those 50's housewives who ended up on Valium and other "tranquilizers"?

7 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yes, some of those families have the mom at home , but the dad does not make much, so they need help.  Lori seems to think most of the kids in public school have single mothers. So what if that were true?   So what if mom is a drug addict prostitute like one of my students years ago?  We don't feed the kid?

Well, according to Ken, starvation isn't really that painful, so there's that...  :pb_rollseyes:

In other news, I was over reading Generation Cedar this morning.  Kelly did a post on ways grandparents could invest in their grandchildren.  Some of her ideas were pretty good, some were not for me.  Here's the list, so you'll get the gist of it:

Tell your stories. Children love stories and they will treasure hearing about your life. Stories bind us together and keep memories alive.

Write them letters. Ask them questions and seek to know them. Children often express far more of what they’re thinking in writing. Additionally, I can think of few things more treasured than letters from a grandparent, especially after they’re gone. You may buy a journal and exchange notes that way, so they don’t get lost.

Look for authentic ways to talk about your faith. A transferrable faith is a real faith. Do you garden? There are so many great spiritual lessons there. As you walk, as you live life, there are many opportunities to plant the seeds of the gospel in the lives of our children and grandchildren. Don’t underestimate your impact on their souls.

Teach them what you are good at. Do you sew? Do you fix cars? Do you love to read? Do you love photography? Painting? Are you an encourager? Do you love to bake? To dance? Whatever it is, bring your grandchildren alongside of you and pass on your gifts to them.

Read to them. Invaluable.

Start a scrapbook, letting them take pictures of and documenting things you do together. Can you imagine how much of a treasure that would be when they are grown?

Take them on walks. In an age of technology overload, do your grandchildren a favor by getting them outside. Perhaps you could go to a park or on a trail hike, or to a river or lake.

Listen to them. From a very young age, children have things to say and we would be better for listening and so would they. Sometimes, just a change of scenery helps them express more of their heart. Go sit under a tree and just be still, and hear what they have to say.

Invite them over for a tea party.

Invite them to help you serve someone. Write letters to a sick friend or neighbor, bake cookies, or just go visit.

Ask them for help. Whether you’re planting the garden or cooking supper, letting a grandchild learn beside you is a great way to teach them practical skills and grow your relationship.

Reinforce their parents. A grandparent can act as a buffer between parents and children during conflict, helping their grandchildren see, from experience, that their parents have their best interest in mind.

Take them on field trips. And remember to learn alongside them. Modeling a love of learning is one of the most valuable things you can do for your grandchildren.

Help them memorize Scripture and teach them hymns. (Here’s our Scripture CD to help with that.)

Give them jobs to help them earn money, then talk to them about the importance of money  management.

I post that only so you can see how bizarre and empty the comment that Lori left in response to that post was:

Lori Alexander:

I am teaching my granddaughter to have a “home” for everything and to put everything back in its “home” when she is finished with it. It will be a lot easier to be neat and tidy if you are trained this way as a child!

:bangheaddesk:

Lori Alexander:

In schools, children are learning they can be boys or girls. It's their choice. The seed has been planted. As they grow, the seed is continually watered by what is going on in our culture and what they are seeing and learning. "You get to choose! If you're not happy with being a boy, be a girl!" The seed begins to sprout, take root, and grow until the children grow up and decide they don't like what they are; they want to become the opposite sex of what God created them to be. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death {James 1:15}. Don't allow those seeds to be planted in your children's mind. Tell them they were created by God in your womb to be exactly who they are at the minute of conception. Plant seeds of Truth into their minds and keep watering them with Truth! This is up to you since God commanded you to raise your children in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord

:angry-cussingblack: Lori- you have absolutely NO CLUE what you're talking about.   Thank god none of your children were transgender, because I can not fathom the torture they would have gone through with a mom who thinks like you.

Omg...I just can't.

A commenter said this in yesterday's post:

"This is how I felt reading your blog as well-that you came across much too harsh-until I listened to your radio interview that you have linked. Hearing your voice, tone and interaction with the interviewer really brought out grace and a much softer person than I'd expected. I think it would be wonderful if you'd consider doing some video posts-maybe even some q&a ones would be great too."

Lori's reply this morning:

"The first group I ever mentored, many years ago, told me I could say anything I felt compelled to say, even the hard things, because I say it with a smile! Smiles soften the message! :) "

Really? Well, if that's the case, then...

:my_biggrin: Lori, you're a monster. :my_biggrin:

Ya know, you're right! MUCH softer! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived