IGNORED

Lori Alexander learning less than ever- Part 7

I knew the comments would leave me with a raging headache:

I feel like our modern world is so feminized that they would support a "woman's right to refuse"

:pb_mad: Yeah, too bad it's not like the good old days when it was just accepted that women had no rights and husbands could rape their wives and get away with it. *scathing sarcasm* :angry-cussingblack:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken and Lori claim that churches should help out widows and single mothers, but don't they refuse to tithe? The church doesn't have its own printing press for money, geniuses.

More inconsistency on Lori's FB page. Someone mentioned liking War Room and how it teaches "contemplative prayer." Lori fires back with a link to a Got Questions post that says in part:

Contemplative prayer, as practiced in the modern prayer movement, is in opposition to biblical Christianity and should definitely be avoided.

Yet Lori loooooooved War Room, gushed about it and recommended it:

this movie is FABULOUS!

In fact, this was the most powerful movie I have ever seen.

Please go see it and take a friend who is in a difficult marriage. If you are able, pay for her ticket or watch her children so she can go and see it! Take a friend who needs to hear the Gospel. Yes, this is only a movie, but I have witnessed the events that take place in it over and over again in real life!

Truth was taught in this movie.

Encourage her to see the movie The War Room. She needs to see it and yes, I will pray for them.

I actually sobbed during War Room.

I loved Miss Clara! While I was watching it with my family, as soon as she began speaking, they looked at me and said I was a Miss Clara! This was a great compliment to me, in my opinion.

In Lori's world, books and movies that teach unsound Christian doctrine are great when discussed on her blog, but are to be avoided when discussed on FB. Those are the rules. {Subject to change at any time without notice}.

Yet another man who Lori is "mentoring" regarding the sexual issues he's having with his wife:

Thank you for posting on this subject, Lori. It has been a difficult thing to deal with. My wife's last response on this discussion was "I guess it is like the other things I don't do that bible commands me to do". I knew from the way she said it she wasn't happy to admit that, but I didn't know what to say after that.

Naturally, Lori advises him to respond with a cutting sarcasm, the likes of which only a true asshole could muster:

Lori

"It must be because you enjoy being in rebellion to God's clearly stated Word and don't mind the consequences of disobeying him." Pray for her. Model Christ to her but show her consistently where she has an unbiblical mindset. Read the Word daily with her and pray with her if she will do this with you. There is nothing more powerful than the Word of God to convict and challenge us.

Yeah, that'll help.  

When a woman isn't in the mood for sex, she's in sin of the worst possible kind and should beg forgiveness from God and her husband, per Lori. 

When a husband isn't in the mood, it's all the wife's fault, and she is a sinner of the worst possible kind and should beg forgiveness from God and her husband, per Lori. 

(exaggerated and paraphrased, by me, for sarcastic comedic effect ... but this is seriously the gist of the post + one of the comments). 

Lori:

If you are not giving your husband sex when he wants it, you are defrauding him according to the Word of God. When men are married to women who are not satisfying their sexual need, they experience anguish because of it.

Commenter: 

This works the other way too. My husband is the one not interested, and it's killing me. Yes, I've tried talking to him, but it ends up in a huge fight. He won't see a doc. I'm to the point of researching lawyers to find out options for leaving. I just can't take the rejection anymore.

Lori:

It's not a biblical reason to leave your husband, MCooper, that is for sure. Memorize 1 Peter 3:1-6 and make sure you are doing everything you can to draw your husband to you and not away from you. Win him by being in subjection to him with your godly behavior.

Can someone please cut this woman's WiFi off and throw away all her devices? She needs to  get the heck offline.

1 hour ago, littlemommy said:

Ken and Lori claim that churches should help out widows and single mothers, but don't they refuse to tithe? The church doesn't have its own printing press for money, geniuses.

Yup, the topic of tithing came up somehow on the blog last year. She said they don't tithe. Lori has also never promoted any of those fundie type organizations that say they help widows out with money and helping them start home based business.

Reader:

I have grown so much in this area and being a yes wife. We still have seasons when sex doesn't happen often...like right now I'm in the 1st trimester. I apologize to my husband and he us understanding of the season, but I worry he will be more tempted. I am just so sick and tired that I go to bed shortly after he gets home and we get up with our kids at the same time. There just isn't much time. Plus, I've been I'm the hospital this pregnancy so I'vr been gone for that. These tough seasons are rough, but I know there is an end in sight! 

Lori:

Even during those times of the first trimester of pregnancy, Brit, you can satisfy him at least a couple of times a week unless you're truly extremely sick like throwing up all of the time. It's so important to him and it doesn't take long at all! :)

In the hospital= extremely sick.

Lori makes sex sound cheap and dirty.  Vulgar even.  "10 minutes and some lube"- what kind of man wants that from his wife who is sick, pregnant, and fresh out of the hospital??  It's called having some damn self control!

52 minutes ago, Koala said:

Reader:

Lori:

In the hospital= extremely sick.

Lori makes sex sound cheap and dirty.  Vulgar even.  "10 minutes and some lube"- what kind of man wants that from his wife who is sick, pregnant, and fresh out of the hospital??  It's called having some damn self control!

This is what I was thinking! The last thing Mr. Tank Tops wants when I'm sick, is for me to "give" him sex. A true partner wants to help the other by making them more comfortable when they're sick. 

It must be an awful feeling to think your husband will be tempted to cheat because you're not feeling up to having sex for awhile. :(

1 hour ago, Koala said:

From the reader:
"I apologize to my husband and he us understanding of the season, but I worry he will be more tempted."

WTH?! "I worry he will be more tempted" more tempted in what? Any decent man will not be tempted to cheat because his wife is pregnant. Let alone pregnant and sick! Who the hell are these women marrying? Sounds like spoiled little boys that have never been told no and think they deserve everything because penis. Complete asshats. in my opinion!

1 hour ago, Koala said:

:shock: That doesn't even make sense.  She is really losing her grip...

And of course we all have examples of how her list is totally false. But we would be labeled "detractors"

17 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And of course we all have examples of how her list is totally false. But we would be labeled "detractors"

Yes! How the hell do you get from "Dislikes Her Husband" to automatically become "Part Time Mother"?!?

16 minutes ago, Florita said:

Yes! How the hell do you get from "Dislikes Her Husband" to automatically become "Part Time Mother"?!?

Exactly.  None of it fits together or makes any sense at all.

Yeah, not that her flowcharts ever make much sense, but I don't even understand what the premise is there...

Stop it!  Lori doesn't do logic, only Bible.

On April 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM, iweartanktops said:

This is what I was thinking! The last thing Mr. Tank Tops wants when I'm sick, is for me to "give" him sex. A true partner wants to help the other by making them more comfortable when they're sick. 

It must be an awful feeling to think your husband will be tempted to cheat because you're not feeling up to having sex for awhile. :(

I had terrible pelvic pain for over a year that was difficult to diagnose. My OBGYN asked once if I just didn't enjoy having sex, kind of implying I was faking the whole thing to "get out of it". What an ass he was. All those months my husband never once asked for or hinted about sex. I did offer occasionally because I love him but in the last weeks he told me he just wanted to quit full stop till I was better. Knowing I was uncomfortable wasn't something a good husband could ignore. Right, Ken?? 

17 minutes ago, Koala said:

Exactly.  None of it fits together or makes any sense at all.

That's because it's not a flowchart (among other things). 

4 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

I had terrible pelvic pain for over a year that was difficult to diagnose. My OBGYN asked once if I just didn't enjoy having sex, kind of implying I was faking the whole thing to "get out of it". What an ass he was. All those months my husband never once asked for or hinted about sex. I did offer occasionally because I love him but in the last weeks he told me he just wanted to quit full stop till I was better. Knowing I was uncomfortable wasn't something a good husband could ignore. Right, Ken?? 

I'm sorry about the idiot doctor! 

I had chronic pelvic pain, too, and my fiancé refused sex during the time, because he was afraid of hurting me. A real partner who truly loves you, will put their pleasure on hold to be supportive. 

Reading Lori's shit makes me sad for the women who feel obligated to have sex with their husbands, and have selfish ass holes as husbands. It breaks my heart. I don't understand how they ended up with these fools. 

5 hours ago, littlemommy said:

Churches would go bankrupt if this were the case. 

I think her most recent bullshit flow chart is supposed to be another "Working Moms/Wives vs Stay At Moms/Wives" flow chart. Like, the previous flow charts, she makes huge generalizations. There are plenty of non-Christian or non-religious women who are SAHMS. Not every SAHM is teaching their children Christianity. Of course, it's too much for Lori to ever consider Jewish SAHMs, Muslim SAHMs, atheist SAHMs and different SAHMs. Also, many working women attend religious services consistently, my mother was one of them. My mom sometimes attended Tuesday night masses, in addition to Saturday or Sunday masses.  Other working moms go Bible study, women's groups, and help out in different ways at church.  Plenty of current or former SAHMs have admitted that they sometimes get tired of their kids. I think every parent probably has their moments in which they are annoyed with their kids. Lori has admitted to having martial problems even back when her kids were at home. Again, her flow chart doesn't work.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

The left side (apart from the discipline part, and possibly church) sounds like Lori's life when her first kids were born. The right side is what she hypocritically tries to force down peoples' throats so they can be "godlier" than she ever has been.

Wait a second here, the left hand column describes Lori- dislikes her husband, part-time mother, unhappy and finds her children a nuisance- but is clearly supposed to be the "wrong way to do it column".  Is she admitting that she is lousy mother?

I'm further confused by the fact that I seem to be in the right hand column- love my husband, attend church (despite not really buying it all), consistently discipline (albeit without ever, ever hitting), happy to be a mother.  But I am a godless, heathen, work outside the home, non-homeschooling, liberal.

Is it the end of times?

17 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Ahem, Lori...

Gangs from the 19th Century

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leung_Ying-also lists two other massacres that had occurred in CA prior to this one.

There's plenty more where that came from sadly. 

Because no gangs or violence or sexual immortality or drug and alcohol abuse or divorce or mass shootings ever happened before the 1960s, nope. And no debauchery, not ever, nope. 

But back in the good ole days, those were more civilized snapping and dancing gang fights.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Koala said:

@Koala: I think you're right. I thinks he's being challenged perhaps more than what's normal and she's digging in and doubling down on the crazy.

5 hours ago, molecule said:

Another fun flow chart about mothering is on her FB page today.

12973597_1331491186864919_1640009359521827864_o.jpg

It appears she is writing a bunch of statement and connecting them with arrows. Like Zendoodles.

do you have to be friends on FB to see this. I get posts from last year when I look.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived