IGNORED

Bates Family Part 14 - Party in Pink

samurai_sarah

On 4/17/2016 at 0:33 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

I think you can have shitty beliefs (I remember an old Chad blog post about being elated that Taliban Dan won his election to Congress) and still be a good husband/father.

Face it, Chad has the same beliefs as Josh Duggar, but he is 1000 times better to Erin than Josh is to Anna.

Really? Let's wait to see if the undereducated Chad has his undereducated homeschool their children and equip them for nothing but Grifting: Generation III before we call him a "good" father. And frankly, I don't think ANY parent who chooses to stick his kids on TV from birth is very good.

On 4/18/2016 at 1:12 PM, paulypepper said:

OMG! My recent sheet acquisitions are orange and strawberry pink as well as being the extra super soft variety...two thumbs down on the ebil white and beige!!! :my_biggrin:

Off topic, Paulypepper. Are you as adorable as your avatar?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we KNOW Gil and Kelly are at Big Sandy but their Instagram implies that they are at Niagara Falls :huh:

6 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

we KNOW Gil and Kelly are at Big Sandy but their Instagram implies that they are at Niagara Falls :huh:

Misdirection.  The Bateses excel at it.

"We just went" could mean last month so they are not exactly lying ...

9 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

:tw_blush: Aww thanks! I try to be.... 

9 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@paulypepper really rocks his pepper costume too. :)

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, the Bateses are very good at technically not lying, which is why I took Erin's talk about not being an ATI member and not being associated with Gothard's ministry with a massive grain of salt. She could still be deeply involved with IBLP and not have technically lied with that statement, just misdirected people to get them to stop asking. 

Interesting that Gil and Kelly want their fans to think they are at Niagara Falls when they are really in Texas lecturing folks on pitching tents towards Sodom. Perhaps UP isn't filming this, but instead UP is wanting them to keep that part of their life very secret. 

Didn't Gil and Kelly just go on some sort of vacation? 

11 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Really? Let's wait to see if the undereducated Chad has his undereducated homeschool their children and equip them for nothing but Grifting: Generation III before we call him a "good" father. And frankly, I don't think ANY parent who chooses to stick his kids on TV from birth is very good.

The main difference I see with Chad is he clearly wants his kids.  Pre-scandal Josh showed signs (the look on his face) of just being over it all during Meredith's pregnancy and reveal.  You can tell those 2 were not on the same page when it came to Meredith.

I also don't see Chad taking a nap while Erin gives birth on the toilet.

Will the Paine kids be homeschooled?  I'm 99% sure they will.  But their firstborn hasn't even had a first birthday yet so there's still time to find out.

I do question the parenting skills of people who are willing to exploit their children on television from the moment they are born. Being on a reality television show is not a healthy way to grow up. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

I do question the parting skills of people who are willing to exploit their children on television from the moment they are born. Being on a reality television show is not a healthy way to grow up. 

I wish I could like this 1000 times.

But I'm sure that there is a heck of a lot of pressure from Gil and Kelly to stay on the show, pressure that would be hard to deal with after being raised in an environment that was as highly controlled as the Bates house.  Who would watch the show if the married kids refused to participate and wouldn't allow their kids to be put on television? The married children may have moved out of the house and out of state, but I think Gil and Kelly still are able to manipulate and control them and I bet there would be hell to pay if any of them tried to stand up to their parents when it came to the show. 

I would suggest that the married children also get paid bribed to perform on the show by Gil and Kelly Jo.  When the gravy train derails we'll have a better idea of how well they can support their families.

As far as Gil's super special tree service goes - I think it is practically defunct.  He certainly doesn't advertise it these days and has taken down the website.

So it is just a phone number in the yellow pages, a hinky little video on youtube, and a seldom updated Facebook page (there has been no action there since May 2015.)  Gil may rent some heavy equipment at times but the only time we have seen the tree service in action was when they cleaned up the Duggar property.  Read Bates boys wielding chain saws not very safely or efficiently.  I wouldn't hire them to do my clean-up work or take down a tree having seen that footage.  

I often wonder if the married children have a say in how often they're going to be on the show.  I would think the Keilens and Websters have an easy out due to distance, but I'm not sure of the local marrieds.  Of the older kids, it seems that Erin's one to enjoy the spotlight and might actually like being on the show.

I've never watched the show, but how often have the Keilens been featured after their wedding/honeymoon (which I'm sure was partially paid for by the show)?  And how often are the Websters on the show? 

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I took a good look at the Niagara Falls photos, and if Gil and Kelly are into fact-bending, my skepticism radar is twitching.  Now, they may very well have been there in mid-February, but here's what doesn't sit right:  I live about 20 miles away from NF, and it's effing cold there in the winter.  G&K are not wearing hats, earmuffs, or mittens.  granted, this winter was milder than last year, but there were still a lot of sub-freezing days, and it is frequently very windy in NF.   The trees in the background appear to be bare, but I don't see any snow or ice.   The mist *always* freezes, and it builds up and is very pretty, but I'm not seeing any here.  All three photos were taken from the  Canadian side.  If they took the rainbow shot themselves, in February, then they must have pulled some strings because the Lower Observation Deck is closed from Dec to April.   If I were to guess, i'd be  inclined to say these photos were taken around Thanksgiving rather than VD.

i'm well aware I could be wrong here, so feel free to correct me.

37 minutes ago, catlady said:

I took a good look at the Niagara Falls photos, and if Gil and Kelly are into fact-bending, my skepticism radar is twitching.  Now, they may very well have been there in mid-February, but here's what doesn't sit right:  I live about 20 miles away from NF, and it's effing cold there in the winter.  G&K are not wearing hats, earmuffs, or mittens.  granted, this winter was milder than last year, but there were still a lot of sub-freezing days, and it is frequently very windy in NF.   The trees in the background appear to be bare, but I don't see any snow or ice.   The mist *always* freezes, and it builds up and is very pretty, but I'm not seeing any here.  All three photos were taken from the  Canadian side.  If they took the rainbow shot themselves, in February, then they must have pulled some strings because the Lower Observation Deck is closed from Dec to April.   If I were to guess, i'd be  inclined to say these photos were taken around Thanksgiving rather than VD.

I assumed the picture was from very recently for the same reasons, perhaps they went straight from NF to Big Sandy? 

Anyone from the Great Lakes region could look at the photos and know they can't be from February or even March but mid-April in a warm year is a possibly. 

7 hours ago, catlady said:

The post says they were at The Falls in April. I was there in January...omg, so flipping cold. But, a The Falls weren't frozen. I think I spent 5 minutes outside & then went to eat dinner. Canada is too cold... I couldn't live there. 

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still amazed at how the Bates have rebranded themselves. When they appeared on the Duggar's show, many years ago, they were downright strange. To have rebranded themselves to the point where we are discussing how normal the older kids are, well, that's really remarkable. 

Back to the topic at hand. I think they went to the Falls before Big Sandy and didn't post it until now. A happy anniversary trip with a happy couple looks a hell of a lot better than a tent pitching hate seminar. 

UP is promoting the New season;

"The Bates family fun continues on UP with Season 4 of “Bringing Up Bates.” In the new season, change is in the air as a lot of the kids are beginning to forge their own paths outside of the family. From new loves, to new careers and new babies, the Bates are growing up and experiencing both the highs and lows of life. Amidst all of the change, the family is tested when the Bates family patriarch, Gil, has a health scare. But through it all, the Bates persevere, and the family never falters."

Apparantly Gir has had some form of unspecified health scare. I can't remember any social media -posts about this. 

And change is in the air with New careers. Maybe Chad will start his own business, perhaps Nathan is starting something (after all, he will soon have a wife to provide for). It is probably tok much to hope for that the girls are getting anything else than babies. 

The family is tested when Gil gets sued for covering up abuse, but that wouldn't make the sort of show that UP wants people to see, though it would be interesting to see the real reaction to all this. I bet the victim blaming and accusations of "fallen" women making stuff up to attack IBLP would make the Bates look way less cute and cuddly. 

"The Bates family's never ending quest to make you forget the frumpers and love them unconditionally continues on UP with Season 4 of “VelociRapture Is Going to Choke a Bitch if She Watches Anymore.” In the new season (of life), nothing has changed as a lot of the Bates parents' Child Slaves are beginning to forge their own paths well within the fucked up beliefs of the family. From new helpmeets forced to wear fucking skirts for fucking everything, to new careers to distract your attention elsewhere and new warriors for Jebus, the Bates are covering up and experiencing both the highs and lows of a lawsuit regarding sexual assault. Amidst all of the legal mumbojumbo, the family is tested when the Bates family patriarch, Gil Bates Is A Fucking Douche, has a health scare - because he's a fucking asshole who doesn't give two shits about anything other than getting what he wants. But through it all, the Bates persevere for the cameras, and the family never falters - except morally, ethically, spiritually, and legally. Small details. At least we still look more normal than the Duggars though! Amirite, y'all?!"

Fixed that synopsis for them. Much better now. :pb_biggrin:

40 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

"The Bates family's never ending quest to make you forget the frumpers and love them unconditionally continues on UP with Season 4 of “VelociRapture Is Going to Choke a Bitch if She Watches Anymore.” In the new season (of life), nothing has changed as a lot of the Bates parents' Child Slaves are beginning to forge their own paths well within the fucked up beliefs of the family. From new helpmeets forced to wear fucking skirts for fucking everything, to new careers to distract your attention elsewhere and new warriors for Jebus, the Bates are covering up and experiencing both the highs and lows of a lawsuit regarding sexual assault. Amidst all of the legal mumbojumbo, the family is tested when the Bates family patriarch, Gil Bates Is A Fucking Douche, has a health scare - because he's a fucking asshole who doesn't give two shits about anything other than getting what he wants. But through it all, the Bates persevere for the cameras, and the family never falters - except morally, ethically, spiritually, and legally. Small details. At least we still look more normal than the Duggars though! Amirite, y'all?!"

Fixed that synopsis for them. Much better now. :pb_biggrin:

I think my favourite part of this is that I didn't see who had posted it, so I assumed someone else was concerned for yours (and that bitch's) safety when you got chokey.

42 minutes ago, just...sare said:

I think my favourite part of this is that I didn't see who had posted it, so I assumed someone else was concerned for yours (and that bitch's) safety when you got chokey.

Lol!!! After my last recap I wouldn't be surprised if people were concerned. :pb_lol:

12 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

This is me when I stumble across an episode of the Bates...

The Shining (1980).png

I wish I could like this more than once!

Been reading this forum and I think its really fascinating.  Let me ask, in terms of Lawson, he's a Bates. But, the Duggars don't allow music except for singing their church songs.  Lawson's preforming in Nashville. Are the Bates just possibly more lenient?   They let Alyssa back in the house in her pants and Lawson gets to sing?  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived