IGNORED

Bates Family Part 14 - Party in Pink

samurai_sarah

55 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I don't think this was already posted (forgive me if it was) but here's an article on why they have the TV show.

http://www.christianexaminer.com/article/bringing-up-bates-father-why-we-had-19-kids-and-why-we-want-cameras-in-our-home/50583.htm

Oh sure, it is a "ministry". A ministry that gives them money. They help no one but themselves. 

And no, they don't pick out things in their life that they think is going to encourage and uplift someone, the network picks out things that they think will make a good plot for a reality tv show. Interesting that they plan all this stuff six months to a year in advance. I think the "courtship proposal" was very much staged and they had been officially courting for a long time before that.  

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Oh sure, it is a "ministry". A ministry that gives them money. They help no one but themselves. 

And no, they don't pick out things in their life that they think is going to encourage and uplift someone, the network picks out things that they think will make a good plot for a reality tv show. Interesting that they plan all this stuff six months to a year in advance. I think the "courtship proposal" was very much staged and they had been officially courting for a long time before that.  

Exactly! This is a way to earn money without getting a job. And I agree with you, the network definitely chooses the story lines. 

12 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

A few years ago either Kelly or Erin were asked about the cancellation of United Bates of America and they replied that they prayed about it as a family and decided that they didn't like how the shooting schedule was interfering with their day to day lives. They made it sound like cancelling the show was their decision.  I guess now that UP came calling the shooting schedule no longer interferes with homeschooling and it's a ministry.  They're definitely hypocrites.

35 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

If you go down to the comment from NessaBlessa you'll get a good laugh. Surprised that Kelly didn't catch on and remove it.

Oh yes, that made me laugh out loud--"feast to the eye" indeed.

38 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

If you go down to the comment from NessaBlessa you'll get a good laugh. Surprised that Kelly didn't catch on and remove it.

Someone was a'hunting for some lumberjacks! 

Talk about double entrende! :D

41 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

A few years ago either Kelly or Erin were asked about the cancellation of United Bates of America and they replied that they prayed about it as a family and decided that they didn't like how the shooting schedule was interfering with their day to day lives. They made it sound like cancelling the show was their decision.  I guess now that UP came calling the shooting schedule no longer interferes with homeschooling and it's a ministry.  They're definitely hypocrites.

Definitely.  Although with the kids getting older and more of them getting married and having babies (and therefore more "gripping" story lines), God told them it was OK to go ahead and take money to spread the word of Jesus on TV again.  Additionally, they get to be on a more Godly network this time, plus they aren't portrayed as second fiddles to the Duggars in their matching Bates frumpers and thicker accents - they're the stars of the show!  With the Duggars fallen from grace around the time UP came a'-courtin, they really couldn't say no, could they?  Instead of loading the family into an RV ala the Rodrigues family to grift, the money came to them!   I keep wondering if they actually are doing any tree work anymore, since we never see Gil actually working at anything other than "parenting."

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

"Our god sure has blessed your eldest sons with outstanding health as it appears in these pictures" Yes, we can almost see how healthy Nathan's package is in these pictures. Maybe that is the whole "manful" business she is referring to... You don't even need to have a dirty mind to read things into this comment.

But they have the maturity of a 12 year old. That cancels out the looks as far as I'm concerned.

16 minutes ago, Snarkle said:

Definitely.  Although with the kids getting older and more of them getting married and having babies (and therefore more "gripping" story lines), God told them it was OK to go ahead and take money to spread the word of Jesus on TV again.  Additionally, they get to be on a more Godly network this time, plus they aren't portrayed as second fiddles to the Duggars in their matching Bates frumpers and thicker accents - they're the stars of the show!  With the Duggars fallen from grace around the time UP came a'-courtin, they really couldn't say no, could they?  Instead of loading the family into an RV ala the Rodrigues family to grift, the money came to them!   I keep wondering if they actually are doing any tree work anymore, since we never see Gil actually working at anything other than "parenting."

Seems like in the Bates family, there's more courting than a TV network can provide....

Hello cowboy! :56247955dd693_32(12)::coke::output_eeMbjt:

Seriously though... There is no way Kelly didn't see how defrauding those pictures were. No one can be that blind. I'll take "Pimping Out My Barely Legal Sons" for Two-hundred!

I'm sure it was mentioned but I must not have been paying attention. No new episode tonight? Or was last week's the season finale?

4 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

I'm sure it was mentioned but I must not have been paying attention. No new episode tonight? Or was last week's the season finale?

Season finale last week. They'll probably release the schedule for the next season soon. 

48 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

Couple of reruns, including last week's show.

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Oh yes, that made me laugh out loud--"feast to the eye" indeed.

Does anyone know if my internet boyfriend @johnhugh follows the Batesesseees? That comment is CLASSIC JohnHugh

Damnnnn, Lawson is baeeeeee... Put a sock on his mouth and we can get it on lol

-FJers punch me in the face- :pb_lol:

Let's see. By June, Whitney will be almost due with #2. Erin will announce she's pregnant with #2. Since Whitney and Erin are due close to the same time, I wonder how UP will handle that? There will be some focus on Nathan and Ashley with a possible engagement. There's also Trace and Carlin's graduation shindig. That's just stuff we already know. There is also the possibility of 2 more pregnancies (Michael and Alyssa) perhaps "special friends" or courtships for Lawson or Tori.

I know that the camera crew was filming Allie's birthday party (oh PLEASE get Taliban Dan in there and identify him) so I'm guessing that's one episode.  

I'm sure Carson's going to have a big first birthday party too.  

Since last season wrapped at xmas (Nathan/Ashley) I would also assume the big Valentines Day shebang will be in there too.  Was Ashley there?

They have enough without the babies and the due dates don't line up (all of season 3 was filmed by the time it premiered).  So I'm guessing that Kaci and Brooklyn will be born in season 5.  Last year the season started early/mid June so one can assume that it is the same this year.

Do you think there will be time to film next week's Big Sandy family camp & possibly Brandon & Michael(la)'s move there? As of yesterday they were still in IL according to Instagram. but they could be moving next week as far as we know.

PS Alyssa's stomach looks so flat in current photos, I don't think she's pregnant--and if she is (or will be soon), I am not sure she will be far enough along to film an announcement in time for next season

Seriously, that picture of Nathan and Lawson, I just can't. That's certainly one way to marry off your boys. 

And, ok, I know this is the most obvious comment- I clicked on the blog for the first time in a long while, and that's just too many people in a family. 

Season finale of next season, Nathan proposes to Ashley at Big Sandy cameras present of course.

- Putting my vote in early :kitty-wink:

On 4/14/2016 at 1:09 PM, elliha said:

HFS!  I wonder if Ashley has seen these already and if she still feels pure.  I expected to look at these and LOL and say that they weren't that defrauding, but uhmmmmmm....  I am defrauded. 

ETA:  NessaBlessa's comment.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.  It was straight out of a Betty Bowers blog post. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived