IGNORED

Fans Who Send the Duggars Gifts or Make Personal Requests

roddma

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I can beat ALL OF YOU. *I* was in a bus in the background of an episode of Castle AND in one in the background of a fight in one of the Batman movies.

*I* am the only true celeb here.

:kitty-shifty:

That's great, @Destiny, but, I'm afraid it isn't true.  My husband and I were sitting at the fountain outside the Plaza Hotel in NYC when they began setting up ropes to keep unimportant people out.  There were many extras inside the cordoned-off area and we were, apparently, mistaken as such.  The film was 'Serendipity', starring our close personal friend, John Cusack.  

If you watch the movie, he and Jeremy Piven walk along there beside a flower kiosk. They filmed many takes of them doing this.  (Riveting stuff, acting.) 

Oh, you probably think we were in the scene.  We were not, because I chickened out and jumped the velvet rope.  But, WE COULD HAVE BEEN!!1!

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Seriously?!  I still remember the day they called my name from the magic mirror and it was one of the most exciting moments of my life.  

Not kidding.  It was.  Not sure I like what that says about my life.  

I think it's great you can be starstruck after having been on Double Dare :) 

Well having been a child star, I feel it's important to support other celebrities. We have to stick together so we don't turn out train wrecks à la Lindsay Lohan and others. 

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I can beat ALL OF YOU. *I* was in a bus in the background of an episode of Castle AND in one in the background of a fight in one of the Batman movies.

*I* am the only true celeb here.

:kitty-shifty:

I have been on Nashville,including being an Opry VIP and  In a Chris Young music video lol 

Please fascinated, you weren't actually IN anything. I have actual appearances. You are a pretend celeb! :-P

SportsgalAnnie, you are clearly an actual celeb. Let's rub elbows and talk shit about all these pretenders to fame!

....this thread is cracking me up. Mister destiny is giving me wtf face cos I keep laughing randomly.

...But which Batman movie? That might make a difference to your level of celebrity-ness.

Whatever the last Dark Knight one was. I'm actually not a big batman girl so I didn't see the film. Mister Destiny confirmed my grand appearance.

Mr. Wolf and Wolf 1 were part of the crowd in Kingpin. They said Bill Murray was nice to all the extras, and they were given lunch.

My only claim to fame was having a Latin teacher in 6th grade who went on to write mysteries. They were televised and shown on PBS. He made a silent appearance in all of them, like Alfred Hitchcock. I could watch, then yell, "there he is." I lead a very dull life.

I have never been in a movie. But I have been to many locations that were in movies...does that count for anything? They are super exciting places...like many place in Alexander Payne's movies. My school class even had to leave our field trip location early so they could film a scene in Election. Or how about the Old Towne Orange area in CA seen in the movie That Thing You Do and a few others as well.  I even had wedding photos taken down there. Yep...exciting stuff, I tell ya! 

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

oh hell no! That does not top my fame

I have been quite prominent in two music videos (for different bands even), and starred in a short film - I was the major love interest and I had lines and everything (including staged kisses).

The joys of being best mates with someone in film school ;) I'm glad they didn't go to art school because then I might have ended up feeling obliged to be a model or something.

Well, sometimes you need to have the strength to walk away from the fame and fortune.

My stunning debut as the Middle Billy Goat Gruff was written up in the (school) paper. The other kindergarteners cried, but man, I was something. I just trip-trip-tripped across that bridge and gave some sass to that troll.

I can still hear the applause--it haunts me at night. 

I knew education was important, though, thus I entered first grade, leaving my dreams behind. So. Many. Regrets.

I thought for sure I'd already put this up on fj somewhere, but, if y'all will forgive, I've done something most  people wouldn't even think to dream about!

Tom.my L.ee Jon.es once ate one of my fingernails.  Hand to Dog.  (heh)  I was working as an apprentice sushi chef in one of the cities where he lives.  He's a giant asshole when he goes out to dinner.  Talks at the top of his lungs so people will look at him, and then freaks out because people are looking at him.  It was only my second shift, but I got the quick briefing on Mr. Jones etiquette as soon as he walked in the door.  

Longer story shorter - I ended up as the one who made his food, and was slicing his rolls with my boss's crazy-pants that-one-katana-scene-from-the-bodyguard sharp knife.  My fingernails were WAY too long for my job (and had been told to cut them after my shift) and, without even feeling it, I sliced one off into Mr. Jones roll.  I figured it out about half a second after it was taken toward his table by a server.  I panicked and told my boss...who laughed and said we should just wait and see what happened.  

He scarfed every last piece and never said a thing.  So neither did we.  Although, my boss still (many, many years later) tells that story like it's a legend.  

TL;DR - part of me was part of Tomm.y Lee Jon,es for a wee whilie, and it was hilarious.  Can I be in the club?  :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

oh hell no! That does not top my fame

I have been quite prominent in two music videos (for different bands even), and starred in a short film - I was the major love interest and I had lines and everything (including staged kisses).

The joys of being best mates with someone in film school ;) I'm glad they didn't go to art school because then I might have ended up feeling obliged to be a model or something.

Film student BFFs make for all sorts of fun. I got to star as a love interest in a short film for my friend's final project, which was great, except my onscreen paramour was 6'2'', I'm 4'11'', and no one on the crew thought to bring an apple box (just something for me to stand on so my head would be in the shot -- it's what Gillian Anderson has to use in The X-Files whenever she's in a shot with David Duchovny because they have a similar major height difference). The shots looked great, except you can only see the top of my head when we're Gazing Adoringly at each other.

I was one of the Wise Men in a church play. My role was Straight Outta Bethlehem, so that beats all. :P

4 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

My role was Straight Outta Bethlehem, so that beats all

I was once the donkey that Jesus rode on into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday. Worst part ever. Carpet burn and Jesus was heavy!

11 minutes ago, Season of life... said:

Well, sometimes you need to have the strength to walk away from the fame and fortune.

My stunning debut as the Middle Billy Goat Gruff was written up in the (school) paper. The other kindergarteners cried, but man, I was something. I just trip-trip-tripped across that bridge and gave some sass to that troll.

I can still hear the applause--it haunts me at night. 

I knew education was important, though, thus I entered first grade, leaving my dreams behind. So. Many. Regrets.

As an encore performance to my break out role as an elephant in kindergarten, (I must have been spectacular) I was offered the role of the middle billy goat in our award winning 1st grade school play.  I think it was my best role to date.  Susequently, I chose to turn down other animal themed roles.  (I didn't want to be typecast!)  Thus ending a short lived, but wildly successful career as grey-themed animals.  And so we move on to the inanimate object portion of my illustrious career........I was a tree in 2nd grade!!!

I met Randy Owen from the country music group Alabama. I also know Philip Rivers f the San Diego Chargers. I haven't seen him since he was a kid, though.

Having lived in southern California my whole life, one popular fundraiser groups do here is to be in the audience for shows, and sometimes, that means being seen briefly on TV in one of those "Funniest Commercials" specials, and various talk shows that sometimes show the audience. Once, at Disneyland, the guy who was Screech on "Saved By the Bell" was in the boat ahead of us on Pirates of the Caribbean when I was in high school, and we got to stay in the park until closing after we performed there.

More recently, Dexter was filmed on my street, and what looked like was across town was also filmed in the same neighborhood.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Please fascinated, you weren't actually IN anything. I have actual appearances. You are a pretend celeb! :-P

SportsgalAnnie, you are clearly an actual celeb. Let's rub elbows and talk shit about all these pretenders to fame!

....this thread is cracking me up. Mister destiny is giving me wtf face cos I keep laughing randomly.

Whatever the last Dark Knight one was. I'm actually not a big batman girl so I didn't see the film. Mister Destiny confirmed my grand appearance.

I agree! lol

Frank Zappa asked me to perform with him & the Mothers. This is true. Alas, I couldn't make the concert time & date.

Guess we'll never know how much MORE famous I could have been!

My house and I were in a scene of a bad movie called Borderline.

We were also in a couple of episodes of Simon & Simon. 

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Seriously?!  I still remember the day they called my name from the magic mirror and it was one of the most exciting moments of my life.    

Oh, I am so jealous!  Seriously! :)

I used to wait for her to call out names and hope she would say mine but it never happened. 

My big brothers used to laugh at me and say, "You have to write them a letter first!"  

I thought that was just unnecessary- it was a magic mirror after all... 

I was the pioneer woman in 1st grade.  I'm pretty sure our teacher recorded it (with on old school 9mm film).  There has a to be a copy somewhere in a vault for safe keeping, I'm sure.

I also sat behind someone on the Kiss Cam! 

:content:

I am definitely famous! When I lived in Newfoundland I was on the TV show Out of the Fog* not once but twice!

*Which is really not impressive at all. The show covers basically anything going on locally that could be construed as remotely of interest to anyone. I'm pretty sure any given person in town has probably been on it at least once and probably multiple times. It's a pretty low bar to clear. :pb_biggrin:

Having lived in southern California my whole life, one popular fundraiser groups do here is to be in the audience for shows, and sometimes, that means being seen briefly on TV in one of those "Funniest Commercials" specials, and various talk shows that sometimes show the audience. Once, at Disneyland, the guy who was Screech on "Saved By the Bell" was in the boat ahead of us on Pirates of the Caribbean when I was in high school, and we got to stay in the park until closing after we performed there.

I saw David Tennant with his wife and family at Disneyland a couple of years ago....I think while he was doing press for Gracepoint. I was so tempted to go over there and say hi, but a) too much of an introvert and B) boo interrupting family time. Woulda been awesome though cos I was wearing a tardis shirt that day.

I miss magic music days. I used to perform there as a kid too before the SBC boycott started and my group decided to honour the boycott.

I just thought of something else that makes me famous. I got married in the same place they filmed the Roswell wedding. TOP THAT PEOPLE!

Seriously, this thread is the most fun I've had on fj in while. Thanks guys.

I had a class with David Tipton who played for the San Diego Chargers in the mid 70s. I think it was psychology. I used to get a crick in my neck talking to him because he was so tall. I'd forgotten about that. 

Archived