IGNORED

Fans Who Send the Duggars Gifts or Make Personal Requests

roddma

My great aunt got hit on by Donald Trump at some golf event in the 80's. OH!!! and I saw some kardashians when I was driving to Disneyland with my best friend when I was like 17.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 19catsandcounting said:

My great aunt got hit on by Donald Trump at some golf event in the 80's. OH!!! and I saw some kardashians when I was driving to Disneyland with my best friend when I was like 17.

Please give her my condolences. 

On 4/15/2016 at 9:39 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm not the only one - plenty of people here on FJ just as famous as me.

I'm infamous!  During a live showing on the Foreman Scotty Show, I'm the little girl that was pushed off the bench. I got up and pushed the mean little boy back.  Needless to say, we were both removed from the "corral". That's my claim to fame, getting thrown off a kiddie show.  

On 4/15/2016 at 11:53 PM, iweartanktops said:

This thread is certainly all over the place, but I don't recall anything else outed. I guess some may consider Colors to be outed, but it's just speculation.*

I love that my phone suggests specularium :)

Hurtful speculation that has caused said person to no longer want to participate in discussions, and has repeatedly asked not to be referenced, but based on all that has happened even after making that request, would like to make that completely clear one more time.

Please, no matter what you may or may not believe, read the ten bullets that I wrote and leave me alone. I don't have room for this in my life. I'd like to keep reading because of the feeling of community and being understood by some, but I'll have to stop if the drama/constant speculation doesn't, which would honestly be sad for me :pb_sad:. (*Insert someone saying I'm too fragile and this forum isn't for me here*). I hope that I will PLEASE stop being mentioned as all of you are better than that and I have not made wild claims or hurt anyone on this forum. Also, it sounds like you have enough new, ACTUAL trolls to discuss.

Look up PTSD-C for further insight, especially if you feel that I can be hard to follow, or if you want to learn something new:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_post-traumatic_stress_disorder

On 4/4/2016 at 4:30 AM, blessalessi said:

No worries about the need to be vague, for privacy reasons.

It just sounds amazing that you got such a kind response from the Duggars when they seem to send automated messages out even to people who send gifts their way.  I was wondering if your contact was in the very early days, before they became so... "entitled". But then, the girls would have been younger and probably more sheltered from outsiders?

I guess your story just really got under their skin and touched them at an emotional level. :)

@blessalessi - yes, i took out important identifying details as well as several sentences and inserted ________________ instead because I couldn't figure out how to simply black it out in some artsy way. I took this straight out of my email, copy and pasted it into word, and deleted what was necessary to hide my identity. So, here ... does this fucking help???:

"Jim Bob Duggar <jimbob@afo.net>

to me

Hello ________,

We are sorry to hear all that you have gone through, but God does love you and He has a special plan for your life. Our girls have ________________. It is life changing. It helps you deal with everything in the past. ________________________________________________. There website is _____________. The next one ____________ _________ and we would love to help you to attend. Our daughter ________ will be there. This will be one of the best things you have ever been apart of and you will love it. Email us back if you want to go or if you have questions. J______’s email address is ________________  . -Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar"

If this is not believable, I'll find a way to black out certain parts so you can see that this is an ACTUAL email and I have not made up anything. I'm a human - and a very flawed one at that - but I am NOT a troll. 

@colors_outside15, I actually have not speculated about you at all. I was simply responding to a post. I would like to gently point out that as a member here, I'm not sure it's realistic to expect other members not to mention you at all. I know you didn't want to be tagged, which is reasonable, but when you join a public forum, you can't really control what others post. 

I'm sorry you feel hurt by posts here. 

ETA - just to be clear, I did not agree with, or support the way you were being questioned. If you look at the previous interaction (reputation points) in this thread, I fully supported @FundieFarmer. Sticking up for you. 

Wow, that Duggar email is awful on so many levels... not the least of which is I might have written something similar a decade ago. (Except for the things like saying "apart of"...) One of my regrets is the people I might have influenced along the way, thinking I was encouraging them.

I have apologized to some of them, so far, but there are a lot more who have passed out of my life. Not that I'm conceited enough to think I have this huge impact on people, but people asked my advice and listened when I offered it, because we'd been homeschooling longer than they had, and we seemed to be making things work.*

It is horrible that their solution is to suggest more of the same. "We would love to help you attend."

What? You're on fire? Here, let me pour some gasoline on... I'm sure that will help.

Am in tears this morning, have been stressing out all week. I just don't think we can make this college thing work, without our kid coming out the other end tens of thousands in debt, even with a huge scholarship offer, and it tears me up inside.

The college and the National Merit people just sent us oodles more paperwork because our FAFSA shows a change in income (even though I started working, we made *less* last year than the year before, isn't that a crock?), and it feels like an exercise in futility. The kid tries to comfort me by saying college doesn't really matter, and they have just landed a decent job (read: pays a few bucks more than minimum wage), and maybe they can go to college later in life, even though all this scholarship money is a use-it-this-year-or-lose-it proposition.

Maybe this is TMI, but this is one of the things that I'm not talking about to anybody else IRL, so unless I'm mistaken it's not enough to "out" me or the teens.

My parents managed to make college happen for me. I feel like such a loser.

ETA: With all the trolls and scammers being "in the news" please let me make it clear I am not asking for money or anything to help the kid go to college. I'm just really, really frustrated and sad.

5 minutes ago, refugee said:

Wow, that Duggar email is awful on so many levels... not the least of which is I might have written something similar a decade ago. (Except for the things like saying "apart of"...) One of my regrets is the people I might have influenced along the way, thinking I was encouraging them.

I have apologized to some of them, so far, but there are a lot more who have passed out of my life. Not that I'm conceited enough to think I have this huge impact on people, but people asked my advice and listened when I offered it, because we'd been homeschooling longer than they had, and we seemed to be making things work.*

It is horrible that their solution is to suggest more of the same. "We would love to help you attend."

What? You're on fire? Here, let me pour some gasoline on... I'm sure that will help.

Am in tears this morning, have been stressing out all week. I just don't think we can make this college thing work, without our kid coming out the other end tens of thousands in debt, even with a huge scholarship offer, and it tears me up inside.

The college and the National Merit people just sent us oodles more paperwork because our FAFSA shows a change in income (even though I started working, we made *less* last year than the year before, isn't that a crock?), and it feels like an exercise in futility. The kid tries to comfort me by saying college doesn't really matter, and they have just landed a decent job (read: pays a few bucks more than minimum wage), and maybe they can go to college later in life, even though all this scholarship money is a use-it-this-year-or-lose-it proposition.

Maybe this is TMI, but this is one of the things that I'm not talking about to anybody else IRL, so unless I'm mistaken it's not enough to "out" me or the teens.

ETA: With all the trolls and scammers being "in the news" please let me make it clear I am not asking for money or anything to help the kid go to college. I'm just really, really frustrated and sad.

Don't give up. I've been in your shoes, and I sympathize. Can you go one semester at a time, and keep trying for other sources? 

13 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Don't give up. I've been in your shoes, and I sympathize. Can you go one semester at a time, and keep trying for other sources? 

Thanks. Trying to keep my perspective. I'm such an all-or-nothing thinker, it bites me in the butt a lot.

How about starting with community college? It's usually half the price of the 4 year institutions, and the students can live at home and work part time. Hope you find the right solution.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

How about starting with community college? It's usually half the price of the 4 year institutions, and the students can live at home and work part time. Hope you find the right solution.

Many four year institutions have transfer guidelines from community colleges in place. This keeps students from taking unnecessary classes. Going to community college saves a significant amount of money and you can obtain the same end result.

On 4/16/2016 at 8:22 PM, EyeQueue said:

And almost forgot: My daughter and her friends met Chandler Riggs at a local Comic Con.

Carl!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

Hurtful speculation that has caused said person to no longer want to participate in discussions, and has repeatedly asked not to be referenced, but based on all that has happened even after making that request, would like to make that completely clear one more time.

Please, no matter what you may or may not believe, read the ten bullets that I wrote and leave me alone. I don't have room for this in my life. I'd like to keep reading because of the feeling of community and being understood by some, but I'll have to stop if the drama/constant speculation doesn't, which would honestly be sad for me :pb_sad:. (*Insert someone saying I'm too fragile and this forum isn't for me here*). I hope that I will PLEASE stop being mentioned as all of you are better than that and I have not made wild claims or hurt anyone on this forum. Also, it sounds like you have enough new, ACTUAL trolls to discuss.

Look up PTSD-C for further insight, especially if you feel that I can be hard to follow, or if you want to learn something new:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_post-traumatic_stress_disorder

Colors, why not just put on ignore (block) those whose posts bother you?It does take a somewhat thick skin to hang around here. Unfortunately, there is no way to control what is said on the board, about any of us.

I sincerely wish you the best. Let Gamer be your example. Enjoy what there is here for you to enjoy.

43 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Carl!!!!!!!!!!

Colors, why not just put on ignore (block) those whose posts bother you?It does take a somewhat thick skin to hang around here. Unfortunately, there is no way to control what is said on the board, about any of us.

I sincerely wish you the best. Let Gamer be your example. Enjoy what there is here for you to enjoy.

Carl? I think you mean Coral. :)

4 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

@colors_outside15, I actually have not speculated about you at all. I was simply responding to a post. I would like to gently point out that as a member here, I'm not sure it's realistic to expect other members not to mention you at all. I know you didn't want to be tagged, which is reasonable, but when you join a public forum, you can't really control what others post. 

I'm sorry you feel hurt by posts here. 

ETA - just to be clear, I did not agree with, or support the way you were being questioned. If you look at the previous interaction (reputation points) in this thread, I fully supported @FundieFarmer. Sticking up for you. 

I did very (very very) much appreciate you and FundieFarmer sticking up for me. And, I do know it's unrealistic to try to control other people. I simply said it because I do think some people might listen. I stated it in case people were wondering what or how I felt about the issue. That's all.

And, I know I have invited questions now that I posted an email from the Duggars. All I was trying to express is that I do not like the speculation. I'm sure it will continue, but my preference is that it stop. That's it.

The thread topic had actually moved on until you brought it all back up. I know it's human nature to want to respond to certain posts. But sometimes it may be better to just let the thread move on. I think it had been days since anyone mentioned you at all in this thread.

3 hours ago, refugee said:

Have you talked to Financial Aid? Sometimes they can help with different forms for exemptions and things from FAFSA requirements. There's also the option of having the student wait until he/she hits the magical age where the parent income is no longer counted (This should happen for everyone, IMO. It's fucking bullshit to require parents to contribute the the education of someone who is considered an adult and can be drafted into service.) In hindsight, I wish I had waited until then to return to school, as I would have been able to actually focus on school instead of paying for school. 

46 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Have you talked to Financial Aid? Sometimes they can help with different forms for exemptions and things from FAFSA requirements. There's also the option of having the student wait until he/she hits the magical age where the parent income is no longer counted (This should happen for everyone, IMO. It's fucking bullshit to require parents to contribute the the education of someone who is considered an adult and can be drafted into service.) In hindsight, I wish I had waited until then to return to school, as I would have been able to actually focus on school instead of paying for school. 

I agree with talking to Financial Aid. I will also encourage looking for other scholarships. Sometimes they are not worth much, but a lot of little ones added together can make a huge difference.

1 hour ago, colors_outside15 said:

I did very (very very) much appreciate you and FundieFarmer sticking up for me. And, I do know it's unrealistic to try to control other people. I simply said it because I do think some people might listen. I stated it in case people were wondering what or how I felt about the issue. That's all.

And, I know I have invited questions now that I posted an email from the Duggars. All I was trying to express is that I do not like the speculation. I'm sure it will continue, but my preference is that it stop. That's it.

I get not liking the speculation. But unless it is against the ToU, nothing can be done. Things tend to fade out once the dust settles and it isn't stirred up again. You may be asking for too much of the forum. You made light of being told that you are too fragile to post here, but what do you think about that? Are you? If not, ignore what bothers you, otherwise you risk appearing like a speshul snowflake needing special handling. Not too much special handling goes on in these parts. 

16 hours ago, season of life said:

Please give her my condolences. 

She's still horrified about it to this day and brings it up anytime someone talks about the upcoming election, and it's fucking hilarious hearing her tell the story. 

2 hours ago, 19catsandcounting said:

She's still horrified about it to this day and brings it up anytime someone talks about the upcoming election, and it's fucking hilarious hearing her tell the story. 

Got time to share the full story? Like, what was his pick-up line? Did she ever need counseling? 

5 hours ago, Ali said:

I agree with talking to Financial Aid. I will also encourage looking for other scholarships. Sometimes they are not worth much, but a lot of little ones added together can make a huge difference.

We have been talking to Financial Aid... they don't seem to see anything wrong with taking out $15-20k in loans every year for four years.

Kid has a very generous scholarship package from this school but still falls short by at least $15k. At least going to community college this fall, the shortfall might be more like $5k. Working our tails off at our various jobs, she and I might be able to save that much before September. (Most of spouse's income goes to paying bills, utilities, taxes, groceries, that kind of thing.)

She says she doesn't feel right about me contributing my hard-earned money towards her education, though; but she also wants to graduate with less than $5k in debt at the end of 4 years. Whew.

8 hours ago, Ali said:

Many four year institutions have transfer guidelines from community colleges in place. This keeps students from taking unnecessary classes. Going to community college saves a significant amount of money and you can obtain the same end result.

Community colleges are a way around high costs, but I would recommend strongly against completing the associate degree if a student is planning to transfer unless you know for sure that everything you take for the associate degree will satisfy a requirement in the new program. (I know what I am talking about because I have served for the past 12 years  as a transfer evaluator at the university where I teach.)

In many cases, you save money by transferring to the four year school as soon as your "general studies" requirements are met.  This is often 9-18 credit hours before the associate degree (60 hours) is completed.

When your associate degree has courses that don't count toward your program, the community college advisor or the four year college recruiter may assure you that the credits "count." Yes, they count as electives, and they use up student loan and financial aid money that you are better off saving until you know what electives you really need.

Sorry if this is too big a topic derail, but I just had a student crying in my office because she wants to minor in a 21 hour minor, but with her associate degree "electives" and the foreign language she had to take and a course she retook to improve her GPA, she has only 15 hours "left" for a minor.

I guess the moment passed but I wanted to brag that Taylor Kinney and Lady Gaga frequent a local bar and were there this last weekend. It's a biker bar and a dive but people around here love it since it is a good place to people watch. I have never been to this bar but..... I pass it ALL the time when I take the back roads to my kid's soccer games when they are home games. So I'm like famous too. 

And I did meet Hilary Clinton. I just shook her hand at a meet and greet thingy.

Archived